Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,110 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
Why are people so apprehensive to include Ryan Mikesell on the "can't wait to see him play" list.

He started numerous games on last year's team. Contributed quality minutes with a high BBall IQ. His IQ is probably at an all time high. His body will be healthy and ready to go. Because of his bball style - I think he will be ready to go from the blast of the starting gun.

He is finally not hampered by a genetic disorder.

Also - his ailment was not an accident. He didn't blow out a knee or similar which certainly challenges every athlete when they have returned to sports. He had sore hips and now they are not sore. I suspect that there is nothing that he can't do upon his return.

Why isn't there tremendous optimism that we have a healthy Ryan back on the team?
Not sure, probably because people have been led to believe before that someone looked "great" in practice and then when that said player came back and didn't score 38 points in his debut, they felt underwhelmed.

For his basketball IQ alone (rarely makes a stupid pass, always sees the entire court, etc..) I can't wait to see him back on the court. I can't imagine how difficult it was to play with chronically sore hips knowing that it would affect everything from defense to your shot. I don't expect him to post 21 points his first game back but I'm willing to bet we'll all see high quality minutes - and that is what this team needs.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sid Louick (03-13-2018), UDTradition (03-13-2018)