Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:27 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
BTW- I'm ok with MW it he backs out of his UD LOI. I don't like it but if he was here only for "a" coach, he's not really here for the right reasons. I think the UD experience would be all that other former players said it would be. I think he'd really enjoy the fan/UD arena experience. But life will go on without him, see Staten and Meachum...
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, all that sounds good, but got news for you, if the coach didn't play a big part in his choosing UD, he's in a very tiny minority. If players' main concern was the college experience rather than the basketball program, colleges would only have to count on their marketing department to sell recruits.

As for other former players saying the UD experience is all that, how many of them have any other college experiences to compare it to? Most students who spend 4 year at the same college would tell you that they wouldn't trade the experience for anything. That's not unique to UD.

The best players want the most compatible coaches. Nothing wrong with that because I'm not satisfied with a program full of happy campers that don't win.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (03-29-2017), TA111 (03-29-2017)