Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 01:16 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
Excuse my ignorance; I need to read up on the quadrant system. Do teams float between quadrants year to year? The reason I ask is H/H vs. Vermont suggested above sounds good but are they likely to transition over the course of the series (which I realize is only 2 years)? Outside of the P5, is scheduling H/H series actually potentially more risky? I only used Vermont because it was previously mentioned; the question is general.

I just want to understand it better.
Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; neutral 1-50; away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; neutral 51-100; away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; neutral 101-200; away 136-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; neutral 201-plus; away 241-plus

Yeah, it's risky but then again any series has more risks on the second game because a lot can happen between when a series is scheduled and when the 2nd game is played. See when St. Mary's scheduled their game with us. Dayton was a Quad 1 win for them the first year and we slid down this year to a Quad 3 for them at home.

The first year is easier to predict because you know what a team has coming back. The second year you hope the team has when you schedule it has productive sophomores because those will be juniors and seniors when the games take place, an impressive freshman or a some quality sit out transfers A lot can change between the first game and second game (See us) but you have to the best you can with the information you have.

So Vermont bring back Anthony Lamb who's a sophomore this year. Pretty highly regarded mid major player who should be their conference player of the year. The bring back a starting guarding who was second team all conference and on the all defense team along with a member of the all freshman team.

So two proven all conference starters are back, a sixth man and an all rookie team member. Their coach turned down Duquesne and some other schools last year. He's an older guy so maybe he's not on the fast track out of town.

Hope for a Quad 2 but could a Quad 3 team or rails fall off Quad 3

There's risk if you play anyone in a series. If you started a H/H with Arizona this year thinking it's a great game year two. Now with the FBI stuff Sean Miller could be gone, his recruiting class left and they no one signed/committed now. To top it off their 3 best players will leave for the NBA leaving a roster in tatters
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-13-2018)