Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
WTF are u saying ? English please
I have beaten this issue senseless, I suppose that you have not read ANY of my posts over the years...adding one more home and home series, and thus eliminating 2 home buy games, to get to 15 home games and 15 road/neutral games, would likely add 1 or 2 more quadrant 1 opportunities and/or 1 or 2 more q2 opps to the schedule.

Several other non p5 teams, such as Butler, Xavier, VCU, Wichita State, New Mexico, BYU, Gonzaga, and Temple, have done this at least some of the time through the years, some do it with regularity. I do not think it is a coincidence that all of those teams have consistent success, I think their scheduling plays into their success. The selection committee greatly likes away and neutral games.

Xavier, in particular, does this just about every frigging year, despite already being in the BE.

I feel like we should try to get a leg up on everybody else and try this at least some of the time.

It is going to be hard to get much better than a 7 seed, and thus consistently advance deep into the NCAAT, if we persist with the 16/14 model. I think adding one more h/h series might be worth an advancement of maybe 1-3 spots in our seed, maybe getting us down to the 4 or 5 seed range, and thus having a much better chance of at least consistently getting to the Sweet 16.

It is hard enough being in the A10 and having to contend with possibly losing at Fordham or LaSalle every now and then, we need a leg up.

Plesse go read my posts on page 4 of the arena upgrade thread:

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showth...t=30923&page=4