Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:30 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Williams has become the go-to player the Raiders have been seeking since 2016 graduate Mark Fair averaged 19.1 points during his senior season.

Coming off a season in which he averaged seven points for a team that had no players average even 11 points, Williams has been a revelation.

He scored 26 points in an opening 77-41 victory over Dayton Dunbar on Dec. 2, equaled that total in a 67-59 win over Walnut Ridge on Dec. 5 and topped those performances with 29 points in a 60-57 victory over Chillicothe on Dec. 28 in the Stephen Gussler Invitational at Thomas Worthington.

Williams was averaging 19.3 points through nine games to lead an offense that also has featured senior guard Jamiel Goliday (13.1 points) and junior guard Ben Fort (10 points).

After losing to Pickerington North 48-42 on Jan. 5, Reynoldsburg was 6-4 overall and 1-3 in the OCC-Ohio Division. The Raiders played New Albany on Jan. 9 and are preparing to close the first round of league action Friday, Jan. 12, at Lancaster.

″(I’ve improved) just my ability to face up, have my back to the basket and just do a lot of things,” Williams said. “Getting in shape (has helped), with me just losing weight and getting stronger. I was more chunky my sophomore year and knew I had to stay in shape to play longer, so it was just a lot of running and constantly playing. I was explosive before, but it helped me get more explosive. Now I’m jumping higher and doing everything.”

Williams, who plays for the same all-Ohio Red AAU team as Notre Dame recruit Dane Goodwin from Upper Arlington, has seven scholarship offers. Among the schools interested is Air Force, as well as Division II programs such as Alderson Broaddus.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...o-go-to-player

That's the best stats that I've seen on Williams but I haven't looked to hard. Thisweek is the local community newspaper in Columbus for the various suburbs.

Williams seems like the classic late bloomer. Grew towards the end of his high school career and got himself in shape. Averaged 7ppg as a junior so he probably wasn't on the radar for a lot of programs

Seems like he had a nice senior year for Reynoldsburg and he played well for All Ohio Red on the Nike circuit for AAU this spring.

His offer list so far isn't impressive but if he continues his improvement with Woodstock next year I'm sure he'll end up with some nice offers.

I'm not sure if the staff would want him for 2018 but if they offered I'm sure they'd have to chance to get him to commit
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-05-2018)