Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 08:53 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,996 Times in 2,669 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
I agree that the regular season title is not out of the question if we remain healthy. As far as winning the conference tournament, I gave up the possibility of that several years ago. We just can't seem to win that regardless of how good of a team we have.
I agree with you that the regular season title is a legitimate possibility this year, if we stay healthy. But I’m not convinced that a conference tournament championship is outside our reach.

BG was never going to be able to bring us a tourney championship, because every other coach in the conference knew his playbook, and knew that he wouldn’t deviate from it, come hell or high water. Archie might have been able to do it, but his best teams (2014-17) were usually undersized, and team chemistry was an issue during his last year and a half. CAG has shown a propensity so far to maintain discipline, but to adjust on court schemes and personnel to fit game situations, and both of those traits (discipline and adaptability) are important for teams that aspire to win conference championships. So, I’m willing to wait and see before I pass judgment on CAG’s ability to bring us an autobid via the A10 Tourney.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (11-26-2018)