User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
General

Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,397 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Any News On Benson?

Surprising how quite the board has been about JB's surgery and rehab. Does anyone have information about his recovery so far?
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

wes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to behold
Benson's type of injury takes about a year to be back to normal. So my guess would be he will play after Christmas.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
I thought I'd heard somewhere that he was a bit ahead of schedule and had been cleared for running a while back. I'd bet we'll see him at the start of the season and he'll be close to 100% by conference play, if not sooner. You can usually run and jump OK fairly early on in rehab, just no cutting, side-to-side stuff.

If I heard correctly, he didn't do much else to the knee, so it might be more like 8-12 months. Hopefully he'll be early, but of course they are not going to rush him back.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:21 PM

Thanked 4,260 Times in 1,743 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Surprising how quite the board has been about JB's surgery and rehab. Does anyone have information about his recovery so far?
The coaching staff is hoping for a full recovery. Realistically, even a player is cleared to play, they are usually not 100%, stamina, game conditioning etc... I don't think RL was the same player after he came back.

I am hoping for a fully recovered JB next year, but I expect to see an 80-90% JB for a while after he returns.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Brigadier General

FlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura about
theres the whole mental aspect too. a lot of times players are thinking about it and are hesitate at first it when jumping and cutting at full speed worried something could tear again
Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Do we have a surgeon or physical therapist in the house? I know that a player for the celtics was back playing in about eight months. Josh can't extend himself much right now but there are things he can work on such as ball handling and shooting.

I'll be surprised if we see the 100% josh before conference play begins but I hope to be surprised
Old 05-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanked 4,598 Times in 2,845 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Mental aspect...

You hear of guys/gals that survive after two, three, four ACL repairs. Amazing courage and determination. A school I follow has had quite a few women's BB players who have had multiple ACL tears. Women, for reasons not well understood, are more susceptible to ACL injuries than men.

A few years back that same school had a quarterback tear his ACL about half way though the season. He had surgery followed by the usual rehab....missed much of spring practice but was ready to go when practice resumed in August of the following year, almost a year after the injury.

The guy was the starting QB, by the way. After the usual 3-4 weeks of August practice and one week before the first game of the season, the guy walked into the coach's office, explaining that the mental pressure and fear of reinjury was causing him unbearable anguish. That very day he left the team and the school and headed for home, never to return. Prior to that day he had never let on how fearful he was of reinjury...and the toll it had taken on him.

The guy was a senior!. No more FB,....no college degree.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
The coaching staff is hoping for a full recovery. Realistically, even a player is cleared to play, they are usually not 100%, stamina, game conditioning etc... I don't think RL was the same player after he came back.

I am hoping for a fully recovered JB next year, but I expect to see an 80-90% JB for a while after he returns.
RL tore his patella tendon not his ACL. I have had both of these surgeries. ACL heals much faster. JB should be cleared for full physical activity at 6-8 months and 100% at 10-12. I would be shocked if he is not playing at the start of the season. The patella healed along the same time frame but seemed to take much longer to get back to 100%. That is why RL did not fully recover until the end of that year. Also RL's injury was in Feb, JB in Dec...those two months will make a huge difference for JB being ready at the start of the season.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BallgameJohnny (05-22-2012), ClaytonFlyerFan (05-21-2012), Flyer 86 (05-21-2012), Gazoo (05-22-2012), San Diego Flyer (05-21-2012), Tony T 71 (05-21-2012), UACFlyer (05-21-2012), UD Sam (05-22-2012), UDBrian (05-22-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM
General

Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,047 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
ACLs? I don't need no stinkin' ACLs!

DeJuan Blair doen't seem to miss his ACLs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIdfDncxvXc

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull d#kes, train robbers, bank robbers, @ss-kickers, sh#t-kickers and Methodists.
Taggart: [finding pen and paper] Could you repeat that, sir?
- Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles
Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-19-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
1st Lieutenant

Mrossi will become famous soon enoughMrossi will become famous soon enough
Look he tore the ACL in December or Jan correct. Recovery takes 8 to 12 months is right about the start of the season if he took 10 months to heal, look for him to play but, I dont he'll think start.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,522 Times in 2,440 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
As of today, Josh is able to jump. Said he is "really happy and making rapid progress"
(Source is a posting by family member on FB)
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FIFO28 (05-29-2012), frisco flyer (05-30-2012), ud69 (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mrossi View Post
Look he tore the ACL in December or Jan correct. Recovery takes 8 to 12 months is right about the start of the season if he took 10 months to heal, look for him to play but, I dont he'll think start.
Adrian Peterson of the Vikings is already taking part in OTA's after surgery 4 months ago. He expects to be fully back by camp. I believe Wes Welker also made a similarly timed return after his ACL tear.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...--1393177.html

At the bottom of this article it talks about benson being ahead of schedule! Good news!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Gilchrist's Autograph 2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jpk4ud (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,008 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mrossi View Post
mid december..
Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
2nd Lieutenant

UDMike will become famous soon enough
Josh tore his ACL on 12/30 against Ole Miss and was operated on 1/19