User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
ESPN+

I'm not seeing the game listed anymore. Did it get pulled?
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
It's there. You have to keep searching until you find A10 or live.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
I find it - but it will not play - keeps giving a pop up saying I need to restore - but all other videos of ESPN+ work fine - only the Dayton game is not working.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Just off the Jet

Casey
works on pc

I had the same problem through my phone, it asks for a location. I connected with a PC and can see the game.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
I take there were issues with ESPN+ getting the feed as the stream wasn't available until the half. Let's just blame it on WHIO TV's issues
Old 11-10-2019, 04:25 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Those trying to watch on your phone, do you use a VPN? If so, try turning the VPN off if you feel you are secure.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:16 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
I find it - but it will not play - keeps giving a pop up saying I need to restore - but all other videos of ESPN+ work fine - only the Dayton game is not working.
I was getting this same pop.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
Warning. I have a samsung smart TV. So instead of connecting my HDMI from my laptop, I figured I could just log in from my tv. Well in trying to tap through it actually CHARGED me for an annual ESPN+ subscription even though I already have a paid subscription. Yes, it charged me a second time for the same account. I finally got through to ESPN+, and they said they couldn't do anything to refund my money. I needed to contact google support and explain the situation to them.
I went back out of the account on the TV and canceled the account. It says it will "expire" in one month. So now I wait to see if best case, I have been double billed for one month of ESPN+. Worst case, Google and / or ESPN+ take my $50.
I searched for the correct google "support" to try to get money back and there are a lot of google services out there, but not one that match smart TV or Samsung...
So beware of where, and how you create your account.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
I had no issues with ESPN+ last night. Sounds like I was in the minority there.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
I had no issues with ESPN+ last night. Sounds like I was in the minority there.
My experience boils down to 2 things:
1. The espn+ menu gave me an error message until 4 minutes from the tip. I was prepared to go to internet battle mode at the tip if that message continued. Not relaxing at all.
2. The quality of the stream was so-so.

All that said it’s a great value and I was very pleased to be able to see the game.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
Question to all ... was the ESPN+ feed the same as the Spectrum feed? ... with the same announcers? Was one better than the other?
Old 11-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it was the spectrum broadcast.
I live in Dayton and was at the game and no idea if I could have gotten it on ESPN+ live, but I can get the replay.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:52 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Long Island FLYER is on a distinguished road
I was unable to get the game on ESPN+ until about halfway thru the first half. Once it was available, the quality was excellent. And, yes, it was the Spectrum feed/announcers.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I subscribed to ESPN+ last year on a monthly basis. I cancelled after basketball season was completed. I paid $4.95 per month. This year I HAD to sign up for a yearly subscription ($49.95) as I was using the same email address as last year and did not qualify for the $4.95 monthly subscription. I have a Samsung smart TV so I logged on using the TV. I searched for the game and did not find it until someone stated he had found the game by entering Indiana State in the search. Every time there was a time out the feed went dead and I had to go back and find the game and connect again. It was a real pain in the A__! Also, in second half the feed would freeze what seemed like every 7 or 8 seconds. Again, a pain in the a__! I don't know if that was a problem with the feed or my internet. I ended up listening to game for the last two minutes.

Last edited by Bill McPeek; 11-10-2019 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: typing error
Old 11-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
I subscribed to ESPN+ last year on a monthly basis. I cancelled after basketball season was completed. I paid $4.95 per month. This year I HAD to sign up for a yearly subscription ($59.95) as I was using the same email address as last year and did not qualify for the $4.95 monthly subscription. I have a Samsung smart TV so I logged on using the TV. I searched for the game and did not find it until someone stated he had found the game by entering Indiana State in the search. Every time there was a time out the feed went dead and I had to go back and find the game and connect again. It was a real pain in the A__! Also, in second half the feed would freeze what seemed like every 7 or 8 seconds. Again, a pain in the a__! I don't know if that was a problem with the feed or my internet. I ended up listening to game for the last two minutes.
That is interesting you had that freeze problem. Maybe it was your TV or service, as I had zero problem in NC.

I am also paying the monthly fee, even though I had it last year. Mine is $5.35.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
That is interesting you had that freeze problem. Maybe it was your TV or service, as I had zero problem in NC.

I am also paying the monthly fee, even though I had it last year. Mine is $5.35.
When I tried to subscribe this year and couldn't I called. I was told that since I had the service last year under the same email address I was told that the monthly fee did not apply and I had to subscribe on a yearly basis. I was unable to get anywhere with either person. I don't believe that the people ESPN employs to handle customer calls are well trained. Bottom line is I took the yearly subscription.

I wouldn't doubt that the freezing problem was caused by my internet provider. Last year I upgraded my service when I got the smart TV.
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I also had the service last year, stopped it after basketball season and restarted this fall. I also got the 4.99 plus tax. I would call them back.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:44 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
One time, the ESPN+ feed froze on my Roku. I had to back out of the game and then go back in and it was fine. Was surprised it wasn't listed under live events, had to search for it.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:51 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
I also had the service last year, stopped it after basketball season and restarted this fall. I also got the 4.99 plus tax. I would call them back.
Ditto here. Just started it back up again. Same email address, etc.

Games seem to freeze from time to time. Usually just back out and restart.

No real problem beyond that.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:04 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
How do u replay last nites game? Is that possible thanks?
Old 11-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Shawnee2 View Post
How do u replay last nites game? Is that possible thanks?
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id...4-d5dea9800077

on the ESPN Watch page click on schedule and replay, then select the date and scroll down to find the game.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:30 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
I had no problems with ESPN+ on my desktop. I do listen to Larry/Bucky (where is Bucky?) while I watch ESPN+ with the sound turned down. One problem this causes (and I can't figure out why) is that when there is a commercial break the video action on ESPN+ starts back up considerably ahead of the radio feed so I have to pause the video until the audio catches up. Once I get get the video and audio in sync it is perfect until the next time the video goes on a break. Can any of you techies explain this?
Old 11-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Academy Doolie

UD_PAC_2006 is a jewel in the roughUD_PAC_2006 is a jewel in the roughUD_PAC_2006 is a jewel in the roughUD_PAC_2006 is a jewel in the rough
I wasn’t even able to find the game until I went to the search and typed “dayton.” Then o was able to find the game and play it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2019, 06:03 PM
2nd Lieutenant

RuffReitrUD will become famous soon enoughRuffReitrUD will become famous soon enough
IMPORTANT: Here is a 97% chance of what is happening... The games are blacked out for ESPN+ subscribers in Ohio. So if you have an Ohio IP, you can't watch. Sucks. BUT, there is an ingenious way told to me in another thread. You click on the other teams feed. For example, to have watched yesterdays game live, you simply should've searched Indiana State, and watch through their search/page. The blackout doesn't include the other team . It was the Spectrum broadcast to boot. I assume this will be for every game. So, just pretend you root against UD each ESPN+ game, and watch the other team.

Last edited by RuffReitrUD; 11-10-2019 at 06:10 PM..
Mad Props to RuffReitrUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (11-11-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 06:41 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Never did get it to work. Now I can't even get the app to show any upcoming games.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Lifelong thanks so much got it!
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-10-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 08:50 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RuffReitrUD View Post
IMPORTANT: Here is a 97% chance of what is happening... The games are blacked out for ESPN+ subscribers in Ohio. So if you have an Ohio IP, you can't watch. Sucks. BUT, there is an ingenious way told to me in another thread. You click on the other teams feed. For example, to have watched yesterdays game live, you simply should've searched Indiana State, and watch through their search/page. The blackout doesn't include the other team . It was the Spectrum broadcast to boot. I assume this will be for every game. So, just pretend you root against UD each ESPN+ game, and watch the other team.
bump - great point
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
RuffReitrUD (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
I am in Kansas City and I had all kinds of issues.

I was able to finally get it to work by going to my Apple TV - going to sports - and then finding it there - picking the ESPN app to play it - and re-subscribing. But it was not until 1/2 way through the first half that it worked.

I think the issue I had was due to having canceled ESPN+ at the end of last season.

Hopefully this works itself out for the next game - but just to be safe I think I will go to Hawaii - so as to not miss any of those games. Just can't chance it.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
OK guys ... it takes a village .. help me fill this in ... or provide a better format or expanded format. IMO if we do this in advance ... game day will be much easier. For me I'm always panicking and missing the game scrambling for information. I'm always in a different city or bar on game day. I'm open for suggestions on how we get all the audio/video provider information to hear/see the game.

Charleston Southern
Game time: 7 p.m. ET, Saturday, Nov. 16
TV: Fox Sports Ohio
On Spectrum – Fox Sports Ohio channel 1317
On DirecTV, Fox Sports Ohio is channel XXX.
On Dish: Fox Sports Ohio is channel XXX
On ATT: Fox Sports Ohio is channel XXX
On Xfinity: Fox Sports Ohio is channel XXX
On Summit: Fox Sports Ohio is channel XXX
Online live stream: Fox Sports App

Radio: WHIO Am
Online live stream: https:/www.whio.com
Online radio broadcast: IHeart, SimpleRadio

University of Dayton Schedule website (audio/video)
https://daytonflyers.com/sports/mens...hedule/2019-20
Opponents Website:
https://www.csusports.com/sports/men...tball/schedule
Video provider ESPN+ (per the CSU website, schedule)

Last edited by marco red eagle; 11-12-2019 at 09:04 PM..
Old 11-19-2019, 05:37 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Any reason why the games is not on Spectrum News 1 in Columbus? The first game wasn’t on for me here either, but was on in Cincy.