User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-09-2019, 10:46 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
My Assessment of ISU Game and UD Players

First, I must say I was very disappointed by the Flyers in this game. Offensively, they had a decent game, though their three-point shooting was very poor. Defensively, there is only one word to describe their play - HORRIBLE. ISU seemed much quicker than the Flyers. They had the lane at will throughout the second half. The Flyers had no answer. I kept hoping Coach Grant might try a zone, but then the Sycamores heated up from the outside. Literally, every time down the court ISU would penetrate into the lane and either finish strongly or kick it out for the three-ball. If the Flyers don't learn how to control dribble penetration, it is going to be a long and disappointing season. ISU had two very good players in Key and Barnes, and the Flyers had no answer to either. Now, my assessment of the players.

1. Obi - 29 points and 12 rebounds - a career game and a superb performance. At times, I thought that he should have been in the lane more on both sides of the ball. But his points and rebounds speak for themselves. Obi is not one of those players who "does all the little things." Obi does all the big things!

2. Ryan Mikesell - generally a good game for Ryan, although he did not hit a single outside shot. He did have a key 10-foot turnaround jumper off of a rebound at a critical time of the game.

3. Chase Johnson - Chase looked great warming up, but he just seemed to lack strength and intensity after the game started. He was part of the starting five, but he just doesn't seem aggressive enough and did not play like a 6'9" player. He got schooled in the paint on several occasions.

4. Rodney Chatman - Decent game overall, though he was beaten badly on dribble penetration. He finished with 12 points and played smart basketball, despite his defensive struggles.

5. Jalen Crutcher - Very smooth and generally productive on the offensive side of the ball, including a buzzer-beating tear-drop at the end of the first half. He too struggled guarding the ultra-quick guards on ISU.

6. Trey Landers - decent floor game and he hit a huge three down the stretch. He too was schooled a lot on the defensive side of the ball, both in the paint and along the baseline. He did have some key rebounds and a very important steal at crunch time.

7. Dwayne Cohill - another sound floor game; defended the ball penetration better than any other guard. He had two breakaway layups, but boy, does he struggle from the three-land. He missed two threes very badly. They barely drew iron.

8. Jheri Matos - He had a couple of good passes into Obi, but he too struggles badly shooting the three-ball. Defensively, he was OK matched up against their small forward, but struggled mightily on switches with the quick guards. Jheri, frankly, has not shown much of an offensive game at this point.

9. Ibi Watson - Hit a couple of threes in the first half but saw little court time in the second half. He was struggling on defense, as he was beaten badly in the lane on several occasions.

In summary, it was a very disturbing game to me, given the fact that the defense, particularly in the last 12 minutes of the game, was simply horrible. This must improve greatly or the some of the mediocre teams in the A-10 will be ringing up home victories against the Flyers.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-10-2019), ChrisInVenice (11-09-2019), Flyer 86 (11-09-2019), steverino015 (11-10-2019)
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Offense scored 1.18 points per possession. Would have been top 5 game during 2019 season. Despite 3PT shooting, still excellent offensive production. Only 3 point shooting and offensive rebounding poor.

Defense was atrocious, gave up 1.11 points per possession, would have been bottom 5 defensive effort during 2019 season. Every facet of defense was bad. On-ball defense, defensive rebounding, weak-side help defense, 3PT close-outs, etc. etc. AG historically great defensive coach so they can clean it up. But need defensive effort every night if want to earn a NCAA bid.
Posted via Mobile Device
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
CoffeeCan (11-10-2019), frisco flyer (11-10-2019), Jeff (11-10-2019), MNFats (11-10-2019), NJFlyr71 (11-10-2019), steverino015 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 06:23 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Did not see the game so cannot comment on players. However, ISU is a good team and this was a tougher opponent than usual cream puff opening games. That's why you play these early games to find out what you got under game time situations and where you can improve.

Is the ledge getting crowded already? We won.
Mad Props to Flyer68 For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 07:47 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I think ISU was picked 7th in their conference. Listening to the game on the internet I would not have thought that. Especially with their 2 players being fearless inside OUR Arena.

Again how it sounded we had some of the same issues as last year. Poor 3 ball shooting and non-existent dibble penetration were too items that stuck out to me.

And yes I said dibble not dribble since what the defense of the Flyers showed was not anywhere close to DRIBBLE penetration on defense.

Oh! And another one which I thought was also reminiscent from last year was close out on the 3 ball shooter. But since I wasn't there maybe it only sounded that way and it was better then that and the ISU player just knocked down the 3 ball really really well.

However, just as the exhibition game against inferior talent is not a sample of the whole season this game last night is not a sample of one for the rest of the season.

At least I HOPE so!
Old 11-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
It appeared like we lacked lateral quickness on the defensive end. A lot of players caught flat footed. Rodney while he got beat a handful of times, he had multiple steals. Jalen didn't look especially strong on D. I was hoping Ibi would bring a bit more defensive value along with Chase. Trey repeatedly looked 1-2 steps slow. Overall, poor defensive showing from the team.

On the offensive end, we looked fine, chemistry will improve as will spacing and shooting.

I'm hoping Chase just had a case of first game jitters dealing with true in-game physicality. Hopefully Jordy's arrival will help on the defensive end.

Moulaye didn't get an opportunity if I had to guess CAG will keep him on the bench until Jordy gets healthy + plus 2-3 games. If he can stash Moulaye, he will.

Sidenote - While watching the post game AG show Moulaye walked right past me. He is a 100% fully grown man that appears to be chiseled out of rock!
Mad Props to EliteEight For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I was not at the game and did not see it broadcast. I wanted the addition of beefy guys inside because I've felt we needed the rebounding and lane presence for years now. I hope that materializes this year.

It's hard to be a good team if you don't win the rebounding battle consistently. That is part of the foundation, and it has been missing for a while.

Last edited by Fudd; 11-10-2019 at 10:10 PM..
Old 11-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,596 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
Defense was atrocious
This sums it up
Old 11-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,596 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Also, good to be back on the board with all of you deranged Flyer fans!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-10-2019), Flyer 86 (11-10-2019), SLUFLYER (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
I really do not think we played as bad as everyone is making it out to seem. We shot 70% from the line, that is far from poor. Mikesell and Chatman are proven ft shooters, they just had a rough night from the line. I'll take 8-11 from Obi at the line every night.

3 point shooting needs to improve, but we also had at least 3 or 4 go halfway down and out. That happens. Those stay down and 11/27 looks a lot better than 7/27.

I don't think the defense was as bad as it appeared. I watched the game in person and went straight home and watched the replay on ESPN+. It was not good by any means, but not as horrible as everyone seems to be saying. Everyone was a step off tonight. Seemed help rotations were a little slow, but that is what happens when you are playing with new players in game situation. You can practice and play pickup games all day long with someone, but you can never replicate the speed of live action.

While there was bad, we took their best shot and still won. That is a good sign. Our offense is much better than years past. Even with Obi putting up big numbers, we have enough balance from everyone else on the roster, that teams can't focus on shutting down just Obi and 1 other guy. They have to defend everyone. That is a huge difference from past teams.

I have been saying since the ISU game was announced that they would give us a game and that they would be tougher than we expect. One of my best friends is an assistant coach at a Valley school, and he was really high on ISU. When Barnes is on, Barnes and Key may be one of the better back courts we play. Key doesn't get his 2nd foul 2 minutes into the game, and that could have been a different game.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 11-10-2019 at 11:39 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-10-2019), Glen Clark (11-10-2019), JimBo (11-11-2019), Scoochie Goochie Koo (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 12:18 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
Also, good to be back on the board with all of you deranged Flyer fans!
Ditto.

LGF
Old 11-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Good assessments of our good things and bad things, but I will add rebounding by anyone not named Obi. That was a not very big team of inexperienced guys on their front line, and we did not rebound well. Both teams missed about the same number of shots, but they outrebounded us by a few. We gave up 10 offensive rebounds and only had 10... not good.

Speaking of hustle, did anyone notice the lack of it by Cohill on one offensive play in the second half. Cohill did not hustle to meet the pass and it was tipped back court. He then lolly gagged back to get the ball, and the ISU player beat him to the ball and tipped it out of bounds. Grant immediately pulled him, and I think he may have sat the rest of the game.

The one overerly glaring problem last night was: take away Obi, who was way better than anyone on either team, and what did that leave us? The talent on ISU looked better than ours, and would have easily beaten us. It's one game, but the reality is so far way less than the promise and hype. Watson and Johnson please prove me wrong.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-10-2019), Flyer14 (11-11-2019), ruechalgrin (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
I think you folks about covered all the assessments for this game. Whew! I am glad we survived with a win.

My assessment: The female cheerleaders are better looking than in recent memory. Anybody got any pictures to share? Or was it just my beverages that had enhanced my eye sight?
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyercasey (11-10-2019), jack72 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I didn’t see the Cohlll play as lacking intensity. I saw it as making sure he blocked the speedier player a path to the ball. I think he was pulled after badly missing 2 3s when we had a horrible offensive team on the floor. I personally thought DC played about the best defense of anyone.

RC is nowhere near ready to be #1 PG if that is the plan. He missed 2+ opportunities for fast break opportunities. The chemistry and intuition isn’t there yet so the offense is much less fluid when he’s at the point. He did some really nice things defensively and can clearly shoot so I am excited to see him improve. I personally don’t think it will ever flow as well as it does with Jalen which makes sense since RC is 2 year disadvantage in that regard. I’d expect to see a lot of them together all year and some sharing or the duty while they are but just can’t see Jalen being the 2 more than 25% of his minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (11-10-2019), ud69 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:58 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
New guys looked like....new guys. Slow a step to game speed.

CAG spoke of work they needed to do. He kept going back to defense, but wasn't specific.

Now we know why.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
This Team

loves to play offense. If they don't get some defensive fire in their belly they will underachieve an N.I.T. bid and watch teams that play better defense on TV in the NCAA tourney.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-10-2019), Jeff (11-11-2019), ruechalgrin (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:20 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
ISU’s perspective:

Flyers edge Sycamores in promising season start for ISU
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (11-11-2019), Glen Clark (11-10-2019), Jeff (11-11-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
AG has always stressed being a good defensive team. My first impression is that what we witnessed was first game jitters. We didn't move our feet and make the ISU guards pick up their dribble on the outside! They penetrated to the basket at will! I like our offense a lot! We share the ball and just need to be a little more selective and feed the hot hand rather than players casting up threes indiscriminately.

I would guess our defense will improve in the very next game and I am happy that we learned a lesson and still were able to get the W in our very first game instead of a loss! It's a long season and we are going to witness some exciting games. Obi Toppin is worth the price of admission.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
First real team they faced outside of a modified closed scrimmage and really only the 2nd time they've played together. Can't duplicate real games with practice as you don't know the athletes on opposing teams especially ones you've not played, their speed, their plays or even competitiveness. ISU is a pretty darn good team who is well-coached.

UD had the 12 point lead and a play here/there and it can go to 16 or down to 8-9 and then things can start getting rather hairy with added pressure..
Old 11-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Well, we get to see Indiana State go up against Louisville on Wednesday night. If they beat Louisville, will we be ranked?
Old 11-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Yes, we were beaten all night off the dribble.....AND we continued to play man to man defense. I know coach wants to be a tough man defensive team. That's fine. I agree 100%. But IMHO that does not mean we have to play zone 100% of the time. Change to zone for a couple possessions. Give them something else to look at and talk about during the timeouts. They were so comfortable taking it to the hole and getting to the foul line.

Go Flyers!!
Old 11-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
The refs did us no favors on the dribble drives. Their guards many times put their shoulder down into the defenders mid section (see picture in Terre Haute paper of kid driving on Chase), and many times got a blocking call, when they initiated contact.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (11-11-2019), fuz_forward (11-12-2019), m21eagle45 (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting that after only one game, coaching decisions are being questioned, and "reasons" are being offered for sub-par play in certain areas. We won, didn't do it convincingly and ghosts of the past showed up. Folks at ISU are encouraged by their performance, we on the other hand less so about how we played. Have to admit I was a little surprised at our defensive performance. Offense seems to be on track. May be a tad furthur away from the top 25 than we originally thought.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:20 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
Well, we get to see Indiana State go up against Louisville on Wednesday night. If they beat Louisville, will we be ranked?
Firstly, Louisville will be a 20 point favorite, so practically speaking forget
an ISU win.
The Flyers enter top 25 polls with 2 wins in Maui (winners' bracket) and w/o prior blemishes.
Can we focus on G Southern before top anything? The Eagles have some
highly regarded players and picked to win their conference.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:21 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
The refs did us no favors on the dribble drives. Their guards many times put their shoulder down into the defenders mid section (see picture in Terre Haute paper of kid driving on Chase), and many times got a blocking call, when they initiated contact.

Agree. It looked like we were playing Zavier.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:25 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DGO67 View Post
You focus on the Georgia Southern Eagles, but I hope the Flyers are focusing on the Charleston Southern Buccaneers as that is their next opponent.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (11-12-2019), Glen Clark (11-12-2019), m21eagle45 (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
You focus on the Georgia Southern Eagles, but I hope the Flyers are focusing on the Charleston Southern Buccaneers as that is their next opponent.
Got it thanks!
Old 11-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Potato, potahto
Old 11-11-2019, 04:11 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DGO67 View Post
Firstly, Louisville will be a 20 point favorite, so practically speaking forget
an ISU win.
The Flyers enter top 25 polls with 2 wins in Maui (winners' bracket) and w/o prior blemishes.
Charleston Southern was picked 5th in the Big South Conference preseason coaches' poll.

http://csusports.com/news/2019/10/29...nce-teams.aspx

Radford is also in the Big South, that is where Purnell began his head coaching career.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:15 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
https://bigsouthsports.com/news/2019...-favorite.aspx:

2019-20 Men's Basketball Preseason Poll...Big South Conference

Rk - Team (first-place votes) Points
1 - Radford (13) 299
2 - Gardner-Webb (14) 295
3 - Winthrop (2) 253
4 - Hampton 198
5 - Charleston Southern 190
6 - Longwood 164
7 - Campbell 141
8 - High Point 132
9 - UNC Asheville 105
10 - Presbyterian College 87
11 - USC Upstate 50
Old 11-11-2019, 06:48 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-12-2019), Jeff (11-11-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-11-2019), SC_Flyer (11-13-2019), UDGutter2 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
I'm not quite as concerned - ISU threw in several contested 3's down the stretch.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
I think we lost the game in the video!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (11-12-2019), UDGutter2 (11-12-2019)