UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,432 Times in 832 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
So where’s Bucky?

I may have missed this, but has Bucky been under the weather? I know he only does home games now, but so far he’s been missing in action. I really like the job Brooks and Keith do, but I sure hope Bucky’s able to team up with Larry before long.

Last edited by The Fly; 12-03-2019 at 06:56 PM..
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
He hasn't been on all year. If he had a cold, someone would have said that. Larry just keeps saying someone is filling in for Bucky. I'm guessing the story is not good.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:03 PM
1st Lieutenant

UncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to behold
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-03-2019, 08:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I heard on a more recent broadcast that Bucky had a back problem. Sciatica, or something like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I heard but honestly can't remember. However, not sure what was going on with Larry tonight but in the first half, he kept getting the score differential wrong. He'd say HBU was up by 2 when they were up by 3, or Flyers cut the lead to 4 when it was really 5. Never heard him so off.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
I heard but honestly can't remember. However, not sure what was going on with Larry tonight but in the first half, he kept getting the score differential wrong. He'd say HBU was up by 2 when they were up by 3, or Flyers cut the lead to 4 when it was really 5. Never heard him so off.
Was that due to a HBU 2 being changed to a 3?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:43 PM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Was that due to a HBU 2 being changed to a 3?
I don't think so, since I heard him do it 4 or 5 times. I mean, I guess that could have started it, but after repeatedly making the differential off by 1, then getting it correct, then being off again, wasn't quite sure what was going on.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50 PM
1st Lieutenant

UncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to behold
The 2 pointer was changed to a 3 at the half, 5 or more minutes after it happened. The Dayton App and ESPN web site were at odds for a good deal of time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UncleFester For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-04-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
TBone is right--During the Maui games Larry said Bucky had a back problem. Didn't sound really dire, but at his age (86) it's probably going to take a while to get better. I enjoyed Keith as the color man. All the former players who team up with Larry or on the post-game show are good commentators.
I wasn't surprised at the slow, sloppy start tonight. I knew they'd recover and bury HBU as time went on. It was good that Obi was able to sit out a lot of the 2nd half. The subs did well. The walkons were a bit sloppy, but did OK.
I loved the 30 assists on 41 made baskets. HBU had only 13 on 22 baskets.
I have high hopes for beating St. Mary's on Sun.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
I can confirm from a reliable source .... Bucky has back issues.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:09 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Back issue

Originally Posted by marco red eagle View Post
I can confirm from a reliable source .... Bucky has back issues.
I believe Larry said herniated disk or something similar that is painful when sitting.
FlyerBob (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Sounds like Bucky isn't calling the game again tonight.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:04 PM
Academy Doolie

GaryReno will become famous soon enoughGaryReno will become famous soon enough
He broke his hip.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,630 Times in 766 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Bucky is hanging with Chase Johnson in an undisclosed location
Old 12-30-2019, 08:55 PM

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I spoke to his niece last week and he had back surgery last week...hip pain the month before...
Old 12-30-2019, 09:21 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Bucky had surgery for a herniated disc in his back. I suffered through the same thing 25 years ago and it is not a 10 day recovery --especially for someone Bucky's age. Don't look for him to be back on the sideline soon.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:46 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Sure do miss him.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:30 PM
General

Thanked 2,829 Times in 1,552 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Long after Bucky is gone, no matter who the assistant is on that night, Larry Hansgen should continue to say: "Sitting in for The Legend, Bucky Bockhorn, is xxxxx."
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (12-30-2019)