User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-15-2020, 08:00 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
IIRC, Moyer is from the Columbus area, played HS ball @ Gahanna with Nick Ward (MSU) I saw him for a bit at FTP way back when, I remember being surprised he was a Syracuse commit, he was long and lanky, don't know how he's done stat wise, but i could see UD being an option for him. Close to home and there is a hole at the 4 spot.

edit: Looked up the stats, not very impressive. However he only has 1 year left, so if UD had an unfilled opening, they could do worse assuming he's not a head case.
I looked at his stats too, and I agree: not very impressive. But if he wants to fill a role (post defense, rebounding, frontcourt depth), and if the staff would want him, then he may be worth bringing in.

If he played in the Columbus area, maybe Ibi knows something about him (that coaches wouldn’t necessarily know)?
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2020, 08:12 AM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
@jeffborzello
·
38m
The nation’s leading rebounder is on the move. Quinnipiac forward Kevin Marfo is grad transferring — averaged 10.2 points and 13.3 rebounds this season.

Started his career at GW
Checked his stats, and while his shooting % isn’t the greatest, he’s a guy who seems to have improved quite measurably from his Freshman year at GW. If CAG and his staff want to take a look, who am I to object?

Also, I saw on his bio that he’s from Bergenfield, NJ. A good friend from my college days (who’s now a priest in the Newark archdiocese) also came from Bergenfield. Small world.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2020, 10:01 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Not sure Marfo is a great fit.

The secret sauce for this year's team was the five-out look. I think given his druthers, Grant would prefer skilled bigs that allow for better spacing.

Obviously, the problem is trying to replace a guy like Obi who could handle the ball like a guard, pass like a guard, run the floor like a guard, work in the post like big, guard bigs, anchor a defense and block shots like a big; all at elite levels.

Ain't replacing that guy.

But given Sissoko and Tshimanga on the roster, I would assume Grant wants guys that can space the floor. The most recent recruiting interest (David N'Guessan, Tony Sanders Jr.) suggests the coaching staff is more interested in athletic, long bigs than European bigs or Kenneth Faried-types (which Marfo appears to be). Not sure Marfo's the guy for that last roster spot. I think you'll see the staff continue to go after long athletes to fill the roster.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:21 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe Marfo plays the role of the lone big? Guy can rebound and that was a sore spot last season
Old 03-15-2020, 12:24 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
Not sure Marfo is a great fit.

The secret sauce for this year's team was the five-out look. I think given his druthers, Grant would prefer skilled bigs that allow for better spacing.

Obviously, the problem is trying to replace a guy like Obi who could handle the ball like a guard, pass like a guard, run the floor like a guard, work in the post like big, guard bigs, anchor a defense and block shots like a big; all at elite levels.

Ain't replacing that guy.

But given Sissoko and Tshimanga on the roster, I would assume Grant wants guys that can space the floor. The most recent recruiting interest (David N'Guessan, Tony Sanders Jr.) suggests the coaching staff is more interested in athletic, long bigs than European bigs or Kenneth Faried-types (which Marfo appears to be). Not sure Marfo's the guy for that last roster spot. I think you'll see the staff continue to go after long athletes to fill the roster.
Is Sanders a stretch 4 type in college or more of a wing?
Old 03-15-2020, 12:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Maybe Marfo plays the role of the lone big? Guy can rebound and that was a sore spot last season
Depends on what the staff thinks about how he compares to Jordy and Mo. If he’s just a 3rd option at the 5, and not superior to Jordy or Mo, then he’s probably not a good fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2020, 12:33 PM
General

So Ohio State's beat writer says they lead for Harvard transfer Seth Towns. Right now they're at the scholarship limit.

Alonzo Gaffney a freshman forward who never found his footing there is rumored to be out the door. He was a top 50 guy in his class from Cleveland

I think that might be a name to keep an eye on
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 01:00 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Is Sanders a stretch 4 type in college or more of a wing?
That's a good question (that I'm not qualified to answer). It does seem the staff zeroed in on long stretchy guys as the season wore on. Zimi, Sanders and N'Guessan all strike me as a guy that can play the college 4 with guard-like skills (in whatever stage of development).

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Depends on what the staff thinks about how he compares to Jordy and Mo. If he’s just a 3rd option at the 5, and not superior to Jordy or Mo, then he’s probably not a good fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think this is spot-on. I think it's also what'll be most interesting next year. Grant clearly found some magic with Obi at the 5. Figuring out what to do next year with more traditional bigs will be a test of his coaching. He has the luxury of an incredible guard trio (three seniors with real skills), but the shape of the offense will be interesting. You can't ask Jordy and Mo to be Obi. Does the offense bog down as a result? Does the efficiency take a dive? Do we lean on defense more?
Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Major

So Ohio State's beat writer says they lead for Harvard transfer Seth Towns. Right now they're at the scholarship limit.

Alonzo Gaffney a freshman forward who never found his footing there is rumored to be out the door. He was a top 50 guy in his class from Cleveland

Boy, Gaffney couldn't be more raw, but he's crazy long. He's listed as 6'9" with a 7'4" wingspan. He's the ideal candidate for a redshirt/transfer year. Pack on some weight (though not sure he can carry too much) and develop skills for a season, and you might have a new player.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Seems to have had the right combination of physical tools and basketball skills to play the 5 in CAG’s system. On the downside, seems to have “motivation” issues. Would he have an attitude more like Obi or Chase, or more like Pierce, would seem to be the question. Don’t need guys who only play when they feel like it. If there’s a strong chance he’s that kind of guy, then I pass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2020, 01:27 PM
Major

On the downside, seems to have “motivation” issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Source?
Old 03-15-2020, 01:55 PM
General

Cohill played on Ohio Basketball Club in the Adidas Gauntlet and I believe he overlapped with Gaffney's time on OBC

With Cohill and Luke Frazier they've had some success in the Cleveland area
Old 03-15-2020, 02:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Source?
247 Sports. Google Alonzo Gaffney Brewster Academy, and check the comments about his “motor”.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Major

While we're considering Gaffney, apparently he was AWOL for the final four games of the season.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ins-day-to-day

The absence of Gaffney, a freshman from Cleveland once ranked as the No. 50 overall recruit in his class, comes with a degree of mystery. Holtmann said the 6-foot-9, 198-pound forward remains a part of the team, but said he was unable to get into specifics about Gaffney why is unable to play.

“Zo will be out,” Holtmann said. “I can't really speak more to that, but he'll be out for tomorrow.”
Old 03-15-2020, 03:56 PM
General

Jordy had some issues at Nebraska and that didn't seem to be a deal breaker. Probably a case by case basis
Old 03-15-2020, 06:33 PM
General

Updated transfer list from Jeff Goodman

https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/
Bucketnight (03-15-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 11:35 AM
Major

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10
Since his transfer last week, Wichita State guard Jamarius Burton has heard from Xavier, Marquette, Maryland, Seton Hall, Arizona, Virginia Tech , Arizona State, Dayton ,West Virginia, Butler, UConn, Illinois, and Pitt, amongst others, a source tells @RivalsPortal

Supposed to be an excellent defender and has solid offensive numbers. Just a sophomore, so I would think sit-one, play-two (but who in the world knows how transfers and waivers and whatnot will work out going forward).
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-16-2020), OSU Flyer (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 11:57 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
1h
BREAKING: Virginia Tech leading scorer Landers Nolley II will transfer, source told
@Stadium
. The 6-foot-7 sophomore averaged 15.5 points and 5.8 boards per game last season.

Source told me he wants to find a spot where he can play on the wing.
He scored 15 against us in Maui.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 01:35 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
He scored 15 against us in Maui.
I remember this kid. He is an excellent player, who put up good numbers against great competition.

Nolley was a Top 100 player with many offers. He wants to play the wing and was forced to guard bigger forwards with VT's smallish roster. He entered the transfer portal last year and then withdrew when the new coach arrived. Sounds like he has had it with VT.

Last edited by jack72; 03-16-2020 at 01:41 PM..
Old 03-16-2020, 02:15 PM
General

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10
Since his transfer last week, Wichita State guard Jamarius Burton has heard from Xavier, Marquette, Maryland, Seton Hall, Arizona, Virginia Tech , Arizona State, Dayton ,West Virginia, Butler, UConn, Illinois, and Pitt, amongst others, a source tells @RivalsPortal

Supposed to be an excellent defender and has solid offensive numbers. Just a sophomore, so I would think sit-one, play-two (but who in the world knows how transfers and waivers and whatnot will work out going forward).
Supposedly a good passer too. I think he played some point for them as a freshman
Old 03-16-2020, 02:16 PM
General

Nolley might end up following Buzz out to Texas A&M
flyer016 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 02:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Goodman said his first visit is likely Georgetown.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:44 PM
Major

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Goodman said his first visit is likely Georgetown.
For others curious, Goodman said Nolley would likely visit Georgetown (not Burton).
Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 03:43 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Holy Schnikies: Wichita State has 5 guys who have entered the transfer portal:

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

Leaving Wichita State:

Jamarius Burton, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., (10.3 ppg, 3.4 apg)

Noah Fernandes, 5-11, 175, G, Fr., (1.4 ppg)

DeAntoni Gordon, 6-7, 210, F, Fr., (0.8 ppg)

Grant Sherfield, 6-2, 190, G, Fr., (8.1 ppg)

Erik Stevenson, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., (11.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg)

Make that 6
--Tate Busse is also leaving!

This will leave the Shockers with 5 available scholarships for the 2020-21 season.

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 03-16-2020 at 03:49 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2020), steverino015 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 04:27 PM
General

Jeff Goodman says more Wichita transfers could be on the way.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:52 PM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
What the heck happened at Wichita State to cause mass exodus?
Old 03-16-2020, 04:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Gregg Marshall going somewhere?
Old 03-16-2020, 05:17 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Holy Schnikies: Wichita State has 5 guys who have entered the transfer portal:

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

Leaving Wichita State:

Jamarius Burton, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., (10.3 ppg, 3.4 apg)

Noah Fernandes, 5-11, 175, G, Fr., (1.4 ppg)

DeAntoni Gordon, 6-7, 210, F, Fr., (0.8 ppg)

Grant Sherfield, 6-2, 190, G, Fr., (8.1 ppg)

Erik Stevenson, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., (11.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg)

Make that 6
--Tate Busse is also leaving!

This will leave the Shockers with 5 available scholarships for the 2020-21 season.
OMgosh!!!

what is happening there?

wow, just wow

Go Flyers!
Old 03-16-2020, 05:18 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
more???

more!!

what is happening, anyone have an
idea??

Go Flyers!
Old 03-16-2020, 05:21 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
more???

more!!

what is happening, anyone have an
idea??

Go Flyers!
Apparently it’s a player revolt over the coach. Marshall is not the easiest guy to play for.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 05:33 PM
General

Things haven't gotten well since Wichita moved to the AAC. Missed the tourney last year and likely this year. Now looking at a rebuild
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2020), steverino015 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 05:56 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Things haven't gotten well since Wichita moved to the AAC. Missed the tourney last year and likely this year. Now looking at a rebuild
Agree with this. AAC has not been kind to Wichita St for a whole lot of sports. Funny how things change.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
He was referring to Sherfield who became the sixth player to enter the transfer portal.

Keep this in mind: A player can withdraw from the portal so the idea that this is a player revolt against Coach Marshall seems logical. If so, message delivered!
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
David Jablonski Retweeted
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
51m
Source: Dayton and Louisville are the latest programs to reach out to Virginia Tech transfer Landers Nolley II. The Hokies’ leading scorer has heard from many programs. Full list below.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-17-2020), MNFats (03-17-2020), OSU Flyer (03-17-2020), Runnin' Rebel (03-17-2020), steverino015 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 11:26 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
I think getting a guy like Landers Nolley is a reach but I'm glad we are going for it. He will have most of not all the Top 20 programs reaching out. Wondering if we can snag Grant Sherfield from Witchita. He's from Witchita and originally committed to UCLA before the Cronin hire. Averaging 8.1 per game as a true Freshman on a pretty good Shockers teams is impressive. Not a very efficient shooter but the FT% projects well. I like the idea of bringing in a sit 1 play 3 guy
Old 03-17-2020, 04:27 PM
General

@coreyevans_10
Mississippi State sophomore Prince Oduro will transfer, a source tells
@RivalsPortal
. Big man with two years to play that will seek a waiver to play immediately in the fall

Not sure if the interest is still there but UD was interested when transferred from Siena
Old 03-17-2020, 08:47 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
He was referring to Sherfield who became the sixth player to enter the transfer portal.

Keep this in mind: A player can withdraw from the portal so the idea that this is a player revolt against Coach Marshall seems logical. If so, message delivered!
I know someone that plays ball with some ex shockers. Word is players not reacting well to Marshall’s coaching “style”.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:53 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
What is the latest on the “no sit” transfer proposal?
Old 03-18-2020, 10:52 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
What is the latest on the “no sit” transfer proposal?
It will be voted on sometime in April by the D1 Council. If it passes, it will go into effect for this year. As I wrote previously, there are lots of possible opponents on the council.

The AFCA, coaches association, has shown unanimous opposition to it the last three years.

Only the B10 and ACC have come out in support.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:21 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Vanderbilt grad transfer Matt Moyer tells me he's receiving interest from Oregon State, GW, Dayton, Kent State, Cal Poly, and Duquesne. Immediately eligible.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-18-2020), Monster Man (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Vanderbilt grad transfer Matt Moyer tells me he's receiving interest from Oregon State, GW, Dayton, Kent State, Cal Poly, and Duquesne. Immediately eligible.
Moyer is a 6'8" kid from Columbus area. Very poor shooting stats.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,607 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Moyer is a 6'8" kid from Columbus area. Very poor shooting stats.
He was ranked #66 coming out of high school, but didn’t seem to live up to his expected potential. His career stats are not very impressive.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:09 PM
General

Paul Biancardi
@PaulBiancardi
·
1h
Vanderbilt grad transfer Matt Moyer tells Espn that he is looking at Oregon State, Dayton, George Washington, Kent State, Duquesne & Cal Poly. He is looking to take a few official visits when time is allowed.
@matthewmoyer13

Could be a while on this one if he's looking to take officials

It's one year, not much risk to see if he can put it all together. At Syracuse I think he was hampered by injuries
Old 03-18-2020, 03:25 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I would take a chance on Moyer since it's only for one year unless we can do better. We need another big for defense and rebounding if nothing else. We are really going to miss Chase. My first concern is for his health, but he would have been huge for us the next two seasons.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:31 PM
1st Lieutenant

Sitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura about
Is Trey 100% out?
Old 03-18-2020, 07:36 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Paul Biancardi
@PaulBiancardi
·
1hr
Vanderbilt grad transfer Matt Moyer tells Espn that he is looking at Oregon State, Dayton, George Washington, Kent State, Duquesne & Cal Poly. He is looking to take a few official visits when time is allowed.
@matthewmoyer13

Could be a while on this one if he's looking to take officials

It's one year, not much risk to see if he can put it all together. At Syracuse I think he was hampered by injuries
A former UD assistant in on Syracuse staff. Won’t be hard to get an honest behind the scenes info on him.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:40 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
A former UD assistant in on Syracuse staff. Won’t be hard to get an honest behind the scenes info on him.
Question, why would Syracuse have additional information on him?
Old 03-18-2020, 07:54 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Moyer started his college career at Syracuse.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 09:05 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like we really need to keep an eye on WMU Grad Transfer Brandon Johnson... 6'8" out of Chicago... Averaged 15.4 PPG 8.1 RPG last year for the Broncos.

https://wmubroncos.com/sports/mens-b...n-johnson/8934

https://www.instagram.com/p/B92NBA1A..._web_copy_link

Was already followed by Coach Farrell & UD MBB... Today was followed by Coach Comer.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-18-2020), EliteEight (03-18-2020), Flyer 86 (03-20-2020), flyerfan4life (03-18-2020), jack72 (03-19-2020), mikeymo85 (03-19-2020), Monster Man (03-19-2020), Runnin' Rebel (03-19-2020), udflyerfan (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 01:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
11m
Mississippi State transfer Prince Oduro has heard from VCU, USF, Dayton, Xavier, Wichita State, New Mexico, amongst others, a source told @Stockrisers.

Two years remaining. Looking for waiver to become immediately eligible in the fall.

6'8" 250 out of Toronto
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
EliteEight (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 02:34 PM
General

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
11m
Mississippi State transfer Prince Oduro has heard from VCU, USF, Dayton, Xavier, Wichita State, New Mexico, amongst others, a source told @Stockrisers.

Two years remaining. Looking for waiver to become immediately eligible in the fall.

6'8" 250 out of Toronto
Maybe the 2nd time is the charm
Flyer 86 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 04:42 PM
General

@jeffborzello
Binghamton transfer Sam Sessoms has heard from Penn State, Arkansas, Creighton, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Marquette, Oregon State, Washington State, Saint Mary’s and others.

Averaged 19.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG and 4.8 APG. Second-team All-America East.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:43 PM
General

@jeffborzello
·
4h
Wichita State has lost seven players to transfer since Friday, including six scholarship players.

Sophomore big Morris Udeze is the latest.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Colonel

Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
It’s being reported that D.J. Carton will transfer from Ohio State. Tons of athleticism and talent, but not sure about the severity of his mental health issues.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:39 AM
General of the Air Force

Seems like we really need to keep an eye on WMU Grad Transfer Brandon Johnson... 6'8" out of Chicago... Averaged 15.4 PPG 8.1 RPG last year for the Broncos.

https://wmubroncos.com/sports/mens-b...n-johnson/8934

https://www.instagram.com/p/B92NBA1A..._web_copy_link

Was already followed by Coach Farrell & UD MBB... Today was followed by Coach Comer.
This one’s intriguing. Immediately eligible. Good rebounder. Shot decently outside the arc (.333). And with WMU finishing at 13-19 last season, he might just want to finish his college career playing for a winner. Could be a good get, if he’s a good fit with the rest of the guys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2020, 07:59 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
It’s being reported that D.J. Carton will transfer from Ohio State. Tons of athleticism and talent, but not sure about the severity of his mental health issues.
Detwon, Chase, Derenbecker— Maybe we should recruit transfers with a little less to overcome.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Detwon, Chase, Derenbecker— Maybe we should recruit transfers with a little less to overcome.
Posted via Mobile Device
You forgot Ryan Bass.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn’t Bass more physically related. Maybe you meant Sammy Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2020, 08:21 PM
Major

This one’s intriguing. Immediately eligible. Good rebounder. Shot decently outside the arc (.333). And with WMU finishing at 13-19 last season, he might just want to finish his college career playing for a winner. Could be a good get, if he’s a good fit with the rest of the guys.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think Johnson would be a tremendous fit. Pair him with Tshimanga, Sissoko, Nwokeji and Blakney (maybe), and you have yourself a talented and flexible front line. With the guard play coming back, that's a top of conference roster.

However, I haven't seen any info on Johnson leaving WMU. I know some UD accounts followed him on social media, but that sure seems a long way from transferring to UD, or even entering the transfer portal. Is there more to the story, or is it just wishful thinking at this point?

Last edited by flyer016; 03-20-2020 at 08:24 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 08:22 PM
General

I think Johnson would be a tremendous fit. Pair him with Tshimanga, Sissoko, Nwokeji and Blakney (maybe), and you have yourself a talented flexible front line. With the guard play coming back, that's a top of conference roster.

However, I haven't seen any info on Johnson leaving WMU. I know some UD accounts followed him on social media, but that sure seems a long way from transferring to UD, or even entering the transfer portal. Is there more to the story, or is it just wishful thinking at this point?
Western fired their coach. He could be in the portal and just not made it public. I believe coaches only have access to see who is in the portal

All the Twitter reports rely on players/coaches putting the news out there
flyer016 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 08:34 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by cj View Post
Wasn’t Bass more physically related. Maybe you meant Sammy Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bass had multiple concussions and had to quit playing basketball.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:45 PM
Major

Western fired their coach. He could be in the portal and just not made it public. I believe coaches only have access to see who is in the portal

All the Twitter reports rely on players/coaches putting the news out there
That would make a lot of sense. I would imagine it's against the NCAA bylaws (ask how Arizona and LSU how stringent those are) for opposing coaches to interact with players in good standing.

Here's hoping something materializes with Johnson. I think you could mark him down as 10 & 6 on a nightly basis. That'd be a huge boon next season.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Bass had multiple concussions and had to quit playing basketball.
Very similar to Chase’s situation, at this point. Other than the fact that Ryan had already played a pretty good college career, and Chase’s career has never made it out of 1st gear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2020, 10:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
maddog response
Posted via Mobile Device

Chase Johnson is physical issues related to multiple concussions as was Ryan Bass.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:48 AM
General

For the Marfo doubters

1. Which grad-transfer is poised to make the biggest impact?

Evans: I will go with Kevin Marfo. No, he is not some high-flying athlete or a new age big man that can and will shoot the 3-ball. However, he is a dominant interior guy that dominates the paint and just the led the nation in rebounding at over 13 per game. Marfo needs the right system and personnel placed around him.

Many schools are involved, but a couple of SEC programs may be out in front.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....rs-and-seniors
Old 03-21-2020, 11:52 AM
General

Realistically, I think it's going to be tough a proven producer from a power conference via transfer.

Not a knock on AG but a reality of the situation Dayton is in. So many more power conference schools are in on the transfer game now. Even blue bloods like Duke, UNC, UK and Kansas are taking transfers

I think the guys Dayton can land are players like Ibi who were buried on a depth chart or a proven producer moving up from a lower level like a Charles Cooke or Rodney
Old 03-21-2020, 12:13 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Realistically, I think it's going to be tough a proven producer from a power conference via transfer.

Not a knock on AG but a reality of the situation Dayton is in. So many more power conference schools are in on the transfer game now. Even blue bloods like Duke, UNC, UK and Kansas are taking transfers

I think the guys Dayton can land are players like Ibi who were buried on a depth chart or a proven producer moving up from a lower level like a Charles Cooke or Rodney
Yes, Ibi, and do not forget about Sibert. Both just needed an opportunity.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:29 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
maddog response
Posted via Mobile Device

Chase Johnson is physical issues related to multiple concussions as was Ryan Bass.
Some people just don't want to recognize the reality of Flyers recruiting especially in the transfer market.

Even during/after the 4 year NCAAT run with Archie and this year's success with AG, the Flyers are not and have never been a slam dunk for making a deep tourney run or even getting into the tourney. For this reason I don't think Dayton is an attractive alternative to a 1 year of eligibility grad transfer.

Quality bigs are hard to come by for everyone and giving Dayton's recruiting competition, especially hard for the Flyers. This is even more difficult with big transfers.

Dayton is a better landing spot for the P5 guys that are looking to go elsewhere to lack of playing time and being recruited over. These are the guys that just want to play and Dayton is very attractive in that respect.

Given the above, chances have to be taken and usually, there is an extra scholarship around and there is some what have you got to lose at play. I certainly think that was the case with Ryan Bass.

I think we have to resign ourselves to more of a rebuild for a year or two, have a great season then rebuild again. I think it will be tough to reload every year. Next season will be telling. We are losing quite a bit with 3 starters likely gone. If
Old 03-21-2020, 01:12 PM
General

If you take a quality transfer every year and hit most of the high school recruiting there's no reason UD couldn't run the A10 like Xavier used to
Old 03-21-2020, 01:58 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I don't see a 1-2 year rebuild unless expectations are now to be top 3 AP regularly.

Five seniors (Crutcher, Chatman, Watson, Tshimanga, Matos)

A junior (Cohill)

Five freshmen (Sissoko, Nwokeji, Frazier, Blakney, Brea), two of whom have been in the program for months.

If some combination of Tshimanga, Sissoko, Nwokeji, Blakney, Watson, and perhaps a grad transfer big can even partially replace the contribution of Toppin, Mikesell, and Landers, this team can still compete for the A10.

Two spots open. I'd like to see a grad transfer big come in, and a sit-out transfer (best available) to help ease the transition in 2022.

2022 looks to be challenging right now, as you're probably going to be graduating 80% of the 2021 minutes.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-22-2020), Jeff (03-22-2020), OSU Flyer (03-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 02:59 PM
General

Originally Posted by sheg View Post
Yeah, I don't see a 1-2 year rebuild unless expectations are now to be top 3 AP regularly.

Five seniors (Crutcher, Chatman, Watson, Tshimanga, Matos)

A junior (Cohill)

Five freshmen (Sissoko, Nwokeji, Frazier, Blakney, Brea), two of whom have been in the program for months.

If some combination of Tshimanga, Sissoko, Nwokeji, Blakney, Watson, and perhaps a grad transfer big can even partially replace the contribution of Toppin, Mikesell, and Landers, this team can still compete for the A10.

Two spots open. I'd like to see a grad transfer big come in, and a sit-out transfer (best available) to help ease the transition in 2022.

2022 looks to be challenging right now, as you're probably going to be graduating 80% of the 2021 minutes.
I agree with this

22 probably depends on how good the redshirt/incoming freshman are
Old 03-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...036742656?s=20

Jake
@jakeweingarten
Georgetown, Georgia, Dayton, Xavier, are amongst the early programs to show interest in Duke transfer Alex O’Connell, a source told
@Stockrisers

Averaged five points on 40% shooting last season with the Blue Devils
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2020, 12:09 AM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...036742656?s=20

Jake
@jakeweingarten
Georgetown, Georgia, Dayton, Xavier, are amongst the early programs to show interest in Duke transfer Alex O’Connell, a source told
@Stockrisers

Averaged five points on 40% shooting last season with the Blue Devils
Posted via Mobile Device
Georgia has to be the favorite right? He's from there and they have Crean now. Also Xavier recruited him out of high school. We will see, if AG pulls this out.

Lot of minutes not much production but Duke is always stacked with talent. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:40 AM
General of the Air Force

Sheg, I agree that the challenging season will be 2021-22, but I think your estimate on the proportion of minutes to be played by next year’s Seniors is just a bit high. To wit:
-Cohill, as a Junior, should be able to get 15-20 minutes a game spelling Crutcher & Chatman. That mean we’re counting on Clutch and Rodney to average 30-33 minutes/game each. And that’s not including any minutes Frazier might be able to provide (even if it’s only 6-8 per game).
-Matos didn’t play that many minutes this year, so I can’t see him instantly getting 30/game next year, at the expense of Blakney’s and Nwokeji’s development. 15 minutes a game? Possibly. 30? No.
-Jordy’s foul issues will prevent him from playing much more than 20-25 minutes a game next year.

So, with as much as we’ll be counting on Clutch, Ibi, and Rodney next year, I can see 50%-55% of the minutes leaving just between those 3. But I have a hard time picturing Jordy and Jhery combining for 50 minutes a game on a nightly basis (which is, at a minimum, what it would take to reach 80%).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2020, 10:10 AM

We can estimate the minutes to be played next season till, as they say the cows come home, but improving over this season is all that matters. We only finished third with two losses this year, so we need to improve. Continuous improvement is how anyone gets there.

That being said we need to find, and I see Coach doing this, the best players we can. If it is a guy that beats out Crutcher for more minutes, so be it. Priorities for bigs are there, but we can see Grant is looking at all positions, and should.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
oldfan (03-24-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 10:37 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Number 1 difference maker.

Our secret sauce this season, and the straw that stirs the drink, is team chemistry. It's what allowed us to rise up over other clubs that had excellent talent. Enter Anthony Grant stage right. We will need a full 40 minuutes from him.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 03-22-2020 at 10:41 AM..
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 12:37 PM
General

Towns to OSU and Gaffney is gone now
BeckysTXA (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Colonel

Towns to OSU and Gaffney is gone now
Supposedly, Gaffney wants to pursue professional options. Someone needs to straighten him out on his delusional plan. He couldn’t get off the bench at OSU and has zero chance at the NBA level. I suppose Europe is an option, but what’s the hurry? So shortsighted
Old 03-22-2020, 01:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Supposedly, Gaffney wants to pursue professional options. Someone needs to straighten him out on his delusional plan. He couldn’t get off the bench at OSU and has zero chance at the NBA level. I suppose Europe is an option, but what’s the hurry? So shortsighted
I seem to remember someone else that left college to go pro. He didn't like school very much.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:20 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I seem to remember someone else that left college to go pro. He didn't like school very much.
There might be some similarities with their disdain for academics, but to my knowledge, Gaffney doesn’t have a multi-millionaire brother who probably has his back financially.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:55 PM
General

I'm not so sure he doesn't reconsider.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:52 PM
General

@coreyevans_10
St. Peter's freshman Aaron Estrada will transfer, he tells @RivalsPortal
. Jersey native averaged 8.1 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists this past season.

MAAC Rookie of the Year. Dad is Dominican
Old 03-22-2020, 03:21 PM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Would have beat Rollo in the 2020 UD Pride NCAA Tournament Bracket Pool
This slap to the royal face did not go unnoticed and will not go unpunished.

King Rollo the Executioner...OUT!
Old 03-22-2020, 03:37 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
This slap to the royal face did not go unnoticed and will not go unpunished.

King Rollo the Executioner...OUT!
Just pointing out that UDFred AKA UDGutter2 will now be the bracket winner for 2 years running, just saying.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 06:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Our secret sauce this season, and the straw that stirs the drink, is team chemistry. It's what allowed us to rise up over other clubs that had excellent talent. Enter Anthony Grant stage right. We will need a full 40 minuutes from him.
Agreed. In a program like ours, team chemistry is a huge consideration.

Part of what made this year’s team so successful and so special was the chemistry between the guys. Making the extra pass for a better shot, no matter who the shooter is. Rotating on defense so your teammate can take a chance for a steal. Putting winning above all else. That’s why this team went 29-2.

You can have all the “talent” in the world, but at our level, if the 5 parts don’t work as 1 unit, the machine will fail. Our recruits need to have talent, but if they don’t also have cultural fit, we don’t need ‘em.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 PM
General

Agreed. In a program like ours, team chemistry is a huge consideration.

Part of what made this year’s team so successful and so special was the chemistry between the guys. Making the extra pass for a better shot, no matter who the shooter is. Rotating on defense so your teammate can take a chance for a steal. Putting winning above all else. That’s why this team went 29-2.

You can have all the “talent” in the world, but at our level, if the 5 parts don’t work as 1 unit, the machine will fail. Our recruits need to have talent, but if they don’t also have cultural fit, we don’t need ‘em.
Posted via Mobile Device
Precisely, and that is exactly why we could be surprisingly good next year. A power forward or center transferring in would be the key.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-23-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 10:47 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Or a big surprise from one or more of Sissoko, Nwokeji, Blakney, or Tshimanga.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 12:53 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Moyer’s Instagram story today shows him working out with Ibi Watson.
Posted via Mobile Device
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-23-2020), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-23-2020), CvilleFlyer (03-23-2020), Jeff (03-23-2020), steverino015 (03-24-2020), udflyerfan (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 10:04 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
My money is on Moulaye to break out. Preparation + Opportunity = Success.

He is a hard worker with excellent physical skills, and sits right behind a decent player in Jordy who can't stay in the game.

I think they will push each other to get better, and Sissoko may not start, but gets the most minutes.

A transfer would be welcome, but the cupboard is not bare.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-23-2020), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-23-2020), Clear Prop (03-24-2020), CvilleFlyer (03-23-2020), Jeff (03-24-2020), NYCFLYER (03-24-2020), rollo (03-23-2020), TA111 (03-23-2020), Viperstick (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 08:36 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Moyer’s Instagram story today shows him working out with Ibi Watson.
Posted via Mobile Device
As long as he tries to fit into the puzzle, he could be a good addition. He shouldn’t expect 30 minutes, 12 shots, blah, blah, blah every night. But if he’s expecting 15-20 minutes, 6-8 shots, and the chance for 4 assists a night, as his team beats most opponents by a dozen or more? Come on in!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2020, 09:11 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Starting lineup we may see providing Jordy combats his propensity for fouling: Crutcher, Chatman, Watson, Nwokeji and Tshimanga.

Zim and Moulaye will have benefited greatly having been able to practice with this years team. It will be a difficult task but I feel we can be in the running again next season to make it two in a row as A-10 regular season champs!
Old 03-24-2020, 08:04 AM
General of the Air Force

I agree, CvilleFlyer, but the top of the A-10 in general should be a bit stronger than it was this past season (so weird to be saying “this past season”, when we should be preparing to see our guys playing in the Sweet Sixteen at MSG). Richmond will probably be the favorite to win the regular season title, but I can see us, SLU, and Duquesne all being in the running, as well as Rhode Island (though they’re losing Dowtin & Langevine).

I also think that’s our most likely starting lineup for Game 1, though I think Mo could work his way in there by Game 31, and Blakney might have a shot at a starting spot down the line as well (but Zimi has had over half a season to practice and learn, so he’s probably the odds-on favorite for the 5th starter spot to start the season).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2020, 09:43 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Flyers not mentioned once:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...21/ar-BB11DGXs
Old 03-24-2020, 10:36 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Alan Griffin from Illinois entered his name in the portal. Sophomore who averaged 8+ ppg for the Illini.

According to Andrew Slater of the Atlantic, a long list of schools have already been in contact with him:
Maryland
Pitt
DePaul
Manhattan
Nebraska
Marquette
Siena
Georgia
Dayton
Monmouth
Fordham
St. Louis
Duke

Interesting from a UD perspective is that 1) he played HS ball with Obi & 2) his dad was an assistant one year at OKC with Grant. Also, his brother is a '21 Duke commit.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-25-2020), EliteEight (03-25-2020), flyer016 (03-25-2020), GoFlyer (03-25-2020), OSU Flyer (03-24-2020), rollo (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Big, Big Transfer in the A10

URI's Tyrese Martin entered the Portal... Dude had the look of being a possible (super)star in the conference for the next couple years

People are leaving David Cox's program left and right... Holy concerning
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-25-2020), OSU Flyer (03-25-2020), SeasonTicketFan (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:13 AM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Something is certainly going on over at Rhode Island. Wouldn’t be surprised to see even more departures.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:20 AM
General of the Air Force

Big, Big Transfer in the A10

URI's Tyrese Martin entered the Portal... Dude had the look of being a possible (super)star in the conference for the next couple years

People are leaving David Cox's program left and right... Holy concerning
Yes, but people outside Flyer Nation were probably saying the same thing in 2017-19, as one player after another left UD before completing his eligibility (JC, XW, SM, JP, JD, KA, etc.). How did that work out?

Not saying Rhode Island will go 29-2 any time soon. Just saying, there is such a thing as addition by subtraction (and, in most of the cases of the guys who left UD, that was the case).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2020, 11:24 AM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't be oppossed to seeing Jacob transfer to UD
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-25-2020), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-25-2020), EliteEight (03-25-2020), mikeymo85 (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:26 AM
General of the Air Force

Yes, but people outside Flyer Nation were probably saying the same thing in 2017-19, as one player after another left UD before completing his eligibility (JC, XW, SM, JP, JD, KA, etc.). How did that work out?

Not saying Rhode Island will go 29-2 any time soon. Just saying, there is such a thing as addition by subtraction (and, in most of the cases of the guys who left UD, that was the case).
Posted via Mobile Device
Well big difference with ours to theirs... They have lost like 11 players in 2 years and it's not like Cox was walking in Blind, he was already on Hurley's staff

Even URI fans (on their board) are freaking out and majorly concerned about Cox
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:28 AM
General of the Air Force

Posted via Mobile Device
Difference is this guy was a big time contributor and 3rd leading scorer. In addition, Cox is now going into his 3rd season as head coach. They have lost 11 players to transfer in just 2 years.