User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 09:23 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CraSch View Post
You'd think people would know that

You are the first U.
You are the last U.
You are the only Dayton U."\

Do be do be do.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (08-01-2020)
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2020, 12:59 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I gotta wonder if there's no campus visits before the October signing period whether that makes it harder to close the deal on out of state recruits
Old 07-31-2020, 02:22 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the inability to get kids on campus is killing us across the board with both transfers and HS kids. You can't feel "family" on a zoom call.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I gotta wonder if there's no campus visits before the October signing period whether that makes it harder to close the deal on out of state recruits
It hasn't seemed to slow a good deal of the competition. It's early-ish in the 2021 cycle (and it may be a prolonged cycle due to COVID), but the Flyer recruiting machine is hardly cranking at full throttle.

Hugely important class replacing Crutcher, Watson, Chatman and Tshimanga, and tons of minutes to advertise with very few of the 2021-22 minutes spoken for. Coming off a mammoth season that saw tons of on-the-court success, lots of press and the national POY and COY, and they have nothing to show for it. And outside Malachi Smith (himself a legacy) not in especially great position for any big name players.

I like that the staff works slowly and clearly does serious homework on recruits' makeup and families, but you'd think the Obi spot would generate some massive interest from top-100 players. You'd think the Scoochie-Crutcher role would also be pretty attractive.

Love Grant, ecstatic with the program right now, but I'm hoping we can start cashing in soon. Would love to see Malachi on board soon, followed by some size.
Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (07-31-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 05:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Quick heads up for anyone that cares... Billingsley did in fact commit to G'Town
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (08-03-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
It hasn't seemed to slow a good deal of the competition. It's early-ish in the 2021 cycle (and it may be a prolonged cycle due to COVID), but the Flyer recruiting machine is hardly cranking at full throttle.

Hugely important class replacing Crutcher, Watson, Chatman and Tshimanga, and tons of minutes to advertise with very few of the 2021-22 minutes spoken for. Coming off a mammoth season that saw tons of on-the-court success, lots of press and the national POY and COY, and they have nothing to show for it. And outside Malachi Smith (himself a legacy) not in especially great position for any big name players.

I like that the staff works slowly and clearly does serious homework on recruits' makeup and families, but you'd think the Obi spot would generate some massive interest from top-100 players. You'd think the Scoochie-Crutcher role would also be pretty attractive.

Love Grant, ecstatic with the program right now, but I'm hoping we can start cashing in soon. Would love to see Malachi on board soon, followed by some size.
I don't think any program suffered more than Dayton with Covid. Absolutely killed recruiting and tournament exposure and a possible NC.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-02-2020), Bill McPeek (08-02-2020), hawkoooo (08-03-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-02-2020), rollo (08-03-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 09:07 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago View Post
I don't think any program suffered more than Dayton with Covid. Absolutely killed recruiting and tournament exposure and a possible NC.
Agree X100. It also hurt some of our players’ exposure for pro opportunities. Depending on where Obi ends up in the draft, possibly even Obi, which just seems crazy to those of us who have watched him the last two season. But it underscores the depth of the hit to this program. Year after year, recruit after recruit, across all sports, the way we beat P5 programs out of top recruits is our family feel when they get on campus. We don’t have that card to play right now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (08-02-2020), rollo (08-03-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Agree X100. It also hurt some of our players’ exposure for pro opportunities. Depending on where Obi ends up in the draft, possibly even Obi, which just seems crazy to those of us who have watched him the last two season. But it underscores the depth of the hit to this program. Year after year, recruit after recruit, across all sports, the way we beat P5 programs out of top recruits is our family feel when they get on campus. We don’t have that card to play right now.
At a certain point, we need to get beyond the lamenting.

What if is an easy game to play and is rarely of any value. I believe we would have won the national championship or at least gotten to the Final Four and there is no way to disprove it. Most if not on this board probably agree. But what if we lost in second weekend? I know; that wouldn't have happened. But it could have; statistically more than 2 of the number 1 seeds have made the Final Four approximately 14% of the time.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...A%20tournament.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely want us getting that chance.

What if Obi got injured? How would that have impacted our tournament or his draft position? The reality is the lack of tournament is more likely to have solidified his draft stock than hurt it. He was often described as a great teammate. The mock drafts often refer to him as a safe top ten pick. Where he goes is probably going to be much more impacted by the needs of the teams picking then the lack of tournament exposure.

The coaching staff has more to build on than any time in the last 50 years. Yes, they need to overcome an unprecedented obstacle. But that is what they need to do. The lack of a real campus visit definitely hurts. I doubt AG has transitioned from an amazing season to a woe is me offseason. We shouldn't either.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
I don’t share your false optimism or positive illusion when it comes to the flyers. Been burned too many times. When we garner one player out the 100 we look at, that’s bad. I love our coach and AD, but we may have a couple rough years ahead without more talent coming in—and soon.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:07 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Blair Academy (N.J) big Lual Manyang has only been playing basketball for three years, but in that time, he’s emerged as a high-major prospect in the Class of 2022.

Manyang, a 6-foot-11, 206-pound center, currently holds offers from Bryant, UMass, George Mason, UNC Charlotte, NJIT, Saint Louis, La Salle and Manhattan.

He is also receiving interest from Texas, West Virginia, Iona, Dayton, Elon.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/03/...ajor-interest/
Old 08-03-2020, 03:23 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Blair academy, home of Chris Alvarez if I recall correctly.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:02 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
did a quick search to jog my memory and see if that was correct and stumbled across this:

https://podcasts.apple.com/ag/podcas...=1000458498223

Interesting podcast from Chris on his time growing up, going to Blair, going to Dayton, Northeastern and transitioning to live after college. Represents himself well, sounds like he's doing well post college.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t share your false optimism or positive illusion when it comes to the flyers. Been burned too many times. When we garner one player out the 100 we look at, that’s bad. I love our coach and AD, but we may have a couple rough years ahead without more talent coming in—and soon.
but optimism isn't actually false at all.
Optimism is a feeling here, that we
are in good hands with the best coach in America..

I trust in coach Grant

if that is false optimism, then so be it

Go Flyers!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (08-03-2020), Sea Bass (08-03-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 07:40 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I can appreciate the historical point. There is a difference today that will need more seasoning before Flyer fans buy all in. The next 1-3 years will play out and we’ll all know if it’s bankable.

That difference is AG & Staff’s ability to find and land the skill sets and athleticism in a recruit to fit their system and then the ability to develop those players.

That’s what they accomplished last year. No one in our starting line up was an elite - everyone was after them - recruit out of high school. The closest was our 6th man Ibi and then Crutcher. (Johnson is also in that elite category, but injury has impacted his college career and the jury is still out.) Clutch and Ibi should have monster years this year, but it’s the development of the next 4-6 players that will tell us how great AG &Staff are at finding the right recruits to fit their system. That group includes Chatman, Jordy, Moulaye, Zimi and a freshman or two coming in ready to contribute.

We are replacing roles, leadership and offensive and defensive contributions.

Obi - I think Ibi and Johnson can do that. It will be a little different, but it might be harder to defend because it’s two players to stop vs. one.

Trey - I think Jordy and Moulaye will need to step up to take over Trey’s blue-collar roles for rebounds and defense. I consider this the biggest question mark. Johnson might also play big here.

Ryan - I think Crutcher already took on the “ glue” duties at the end of last year, so we need to replace Ryan’s offense and defense. This will be Zimi and the incoming freshman challenge.

Somewhere in this mix Chatman needs to be factored in. We all saw him take it to a new level the last third of the year. I believe a big part of that was AG finding a way to “encourage” him to get there. As a junior, if Chatman finds yet another higher gear, AG’s management of his development will be even more crystal clear.

The next 2-3 years will tell us a lot about AG & Co. I don’t believe last years team and the development of Obi was a one-hit wonder. I think there is more coming.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (08-04-2020), FlyerinChicago (08-04-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-04-2020), Runnin' Rebel (08-04-2020), steverino015 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Becky, I think you hit on a true key to the season when discussing Chatman.

I think he struggled a bit last year as he transitioned from being “the guy“ on a smaller stage to being a very important cog of a well oiled machine. As you indicated, he seemed to settle into his role the last third of last years season. Now that he is comfortable with his role, I think we’re going to see a much improved player.

Similarly, Dwayne Cohill got over the hump mentally last year (it wasn’t pretty at times) and I think he will improve significantly as well. Hopefully he has worked on his three point shooting.

If in the past (not counting last year) you told me UD would have 3 fifth yr seniors who all played significant minutes, a returning first team all A10 player who will be a senior, two juniors who were both top 100 recruits, and two redshirt freshmen who have learned in the system for a season, I’d be beyond excited for the start of the season. That’s not even counting the incoming freshmen. That is a lineup better than almost any season in the past 20 years. The A10 will be strong this year but this team will be right in the thick of it.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-04-2020), ChrisInVenice (08-04-2020), fuz_forward (08-04-2020), steverino015 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 10:12 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I think he struggled a bit last year as he transitioned from being “the guy“ on a smaller stage to being a very important cog of a well oiled machine. As you indicated, he seemed to settle into his role the last third of last years season. Now that he is comfortable with his role, I think we’re going to see a much improved player.

Similarly, Dwayne Cohill got over the hump mentally last year (it wasn’t pretty at times) and I think he will improve significantly as well. Hopefully he has worked on his three point shooting.
I would agree with both of these comments, but next season, everyone's role will change, and some might change dramatically. Last year soley revolved around Obi where Obi dominated and that in turn took pressure off other players. Next year it's going to need to be a complete team effort. The sooner players can step up and adjust to that, and the sooner we can identify weaknesses that need to be corrected or compensated for, the better off we will be. This year will not be a continuation of last year.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:14 AM

Springboard - agree 100% with Cohill. I did not mean to leave him out. He will be critical in giving both Crutcher and Chatman spells. Ibi was our clear 6th man last year. This year I think we will have 2-3 guys that fill that role, based on position. 1 Big. 1 Guard/Point (Cohill). 1 Guard/Forward.

As we have seen, AGs offense is position-less for the most part, but you still need a designated point guard on the floor and with Jordy you still have an old-fashioned big. How creative AG got with everything else last year was magic. I think it will be even more so this coming year with the roster filled with even more interchangeable parts.

And I think this sums up the development talent I think we have on this coaching staff...last year at this time there were posters saying if Trey and Ryan were starting, we were in trouble. Not really an indictment on their abilities as much as expecting more from the transfers. Well Trey and Ryan put in the work and had a staff bringing them along. Nobody would have said a year ago Trey and a Ryan could play pro overseas. Trey is there and I expect Ryan to get there. That’s young men wanting something and a staff that can help them get there. And I wouldn’t exactly say either are extremely athletic. I will use that term for several guys available to AG this year. Will be fun to watch how they develop and use all that athleticism. We saw what they did with Obi’s talents. I expect there will be a couple guys lining up for the opportunity to showcase their own breakaway dunks.

I do agree it will be different, but I doubt AG is going to change the system. Most of these guys have two years under that system. I expect to see the fourth year evolution of that system which will show us more of what can be done within it based on your personnel. We certainly saw an evolution between the 2nd year and last year (the 3rd year).

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 08-04-2020 at 10:19 AM..
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 10:52 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Becky, I concur with your comments above.

I think that the biggest risk is replacing Landers/Mikesell with Zimi. I have heard nothing about his development in the off-season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-11-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
How Can Anyone Develop

their basketball skills during this off season? Maintenance would be good.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:36 PM
General

Don't need a hoop or a court to improve your skills. Strength conditioning could be an issue, but if a player was so inclined they could spend hours with a ball and a 4 foot square piece of pavement and improve their ball handling skills a bunch. I'm guessing most have access to a hoop in some form or fashion and likely an indoor court as well. HS might have been closed, but I'm guessing most would look the other way if an alum playing on a D1 scholarship showed up by themselves or with a family member to shoot around each day for a few hours.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Improving Your Skills

"Don't need a hoop or a court to improve your skills. "

Yes, there are obstacles this year that makes things more difficult, or at least a lot less cushy.

Reminds me of one of my life stories. Back many many years ago when I was still dark haired and thin, I was the director of a small three room recreation center out by the VA. The playground had a dilapidated old hoop with a broken down chain link basket. The surface of the playground was old, not unsafe, but old and cracked.

My office overlooked that playground. Every day I saw a young high school kid practicing free throws . . . every day, one after another for about two hours. This was in the days of Roth's basketball glory. After months of watching this young man, I finally asked one of the kids who he was. He said "You don't know???? That's Donald Smith!!!! "

Where there's a will there's a way.
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to GoFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (08-05-2020), EliteEight (08-06-2020), Flyer 79 (08-05-2020), MikeFlyer (08-05-2020), mikeymo85 (08-05-2020), springborofan (08-05-2020), steverino015 (08-05-2020), Sticks 'n Stearns (08-06-2020), The Fly (08-05-2020), UDTradition (08-06-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 04:38 PM
General

@knowledge_hoops
4 star 2021 Forward Robbie Armbrester tells me he’s received interest recently from Dayton, Ole Miss, Kansas State, Alabama, Auburn, and Georgia.

Armbrester is strong, plays with great energy, and can rebound and defend at a very high level.
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-11-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Wink

Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
but optimism isn't actually false at all.
Optimism is a feeling here, that we
are in good hands with the best coach in America..

I trust in coach Grant

if that is false optimism, then so be it

Go Flyers!
Is this a poem?

If so...it's pretty good!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-06-2020), steverino015 (08-08-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 12:40 AM
General

@BryanDFischer
Source: NCAA expected to extend the recruiting dead period through at least Sept. 30. Currently through Aug. 31.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 AM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Musselman at Arkansas just got a commit from #40, Chance Moore. He is their fifth straight Top100 commitment. They may be a Top 10 team whenever they start playing again.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-11-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 10:10 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Anybody else feeling pretty good about Duncan Powell? He posted "Let's Fly" on IG in response to a UD BBall post yesterday.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:09 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EliteEight View Post
Anybody else feeling pretty good about Duncan Powell? He posted "Let's Fly" on IG in response to a UD BBall post yesterday.
It looks and sounds like he would be a good eventual successor to Obi. Duncan Powell, come on down!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
EliteEight (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:06 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
It looks and sounds like he would be a good eventual successor to Obi. Duncan Powell, come on down!
Posted via Mobile Device
I just checked the national recruiting sites, and they don't even show Dayton interest in Powell. Rivals still has him as a heavy Arkansas lean, which doesn't seem likely. Does anyone have something beyond his IG post? I do think it's a great sign, but it could be a savvy kid keeping his name in different ponds.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:40 AM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Also, Malachi Smith said on his IG yesterday, decision date "coming soon"

Are we possibly looking at our 1st 2 commits of the class in the near future?
Old 08-13-2020, 12:38 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
I just checked the national recruiting sites, and they don't even show Dayton interest in Powell. Rivals still has him as a heavy Arkansas lean, which doesn't seem likely. Does anyone have something beyond his IG post? I do think it's a great sign, but it could be a savvy kid keeping his name in different ponds.
Verbal Commits shows our offer, and more of a complete list of other offers.

I doubt that he is going to Arkansas, as they are pretty full up of higher rated players. C'mon down to UD. We would love to have you Mr. Powell.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post

I doubt that he is going to Arkansas, as they are pretty full up of higher rated players. C'mon down to UD. We would love to have you Mr. Powell.
Yes, it says Dayton offered on July 27, 2020. I would also be elated if we could get him and Malachi Smith as well!
Old 08-13-2020, 02:47 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post

Something seems off. His list of suitors doesn’t seem to match his 4 star ranking. I realize he was a verbal commit to Arkansas at one time but not many other P5 programs are showing any interest. Also, it looks like Arkansas recruited over him by the sound of things. Was he injured? Has he plateaued? Is all recruiting a little screwy this year because there’s been very little AAU ball?
Old 08-13-2020, 03:00 PM

John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I suggest you look at his videos. The kid can play.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DVDVVXX

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6&&FORM=VRDGAR
Old 08-13-2020, 09:41 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Something seems off. His list of suitors doesn’t seem to match his 4 star ranking. I realize he was a verbal commit to Arkansas at one time but not many other P5 programs are showing any interest. Also, it looks like Arkansas recruited over him by the sound of things. Was he injured? Has he plateaued? Is all recruiting a little screwy this year because there’s been very little AAU ball?
He committed a little early to Arkansas and Musselman is known to extend a zillion offers. He has no problem over recruiting but this appeared to be Powell's choice. I don't think his offer was pulled. Maybe he just matured and realized Musselman and or Arkansas wasn't the right fit for him. He can play. The interest is mutual. I hope we land the kid. He's clearly a fan of the program which is a good thing either way
Mad Props to EliteEight For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-14-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 10:33 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Take from it what you will, but an an internet recruiting source posted notes from a recent Duncan Powell interview. Powell said UT San Antonio, Old Dominion, DePaul and New Mexico were recruiting him the hardest. He also said he's going considering going the pro route.

The recruiting guy is hardly Adrian Wojnarowski (no idea on his credibility), but Powell retweeted the interview notes.

https://twitter.com/AboutaweekHiago/...955636736?s=20
OSU Flyer (08-14-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 03:17 PM
General

Take from it what you will, but an an internet recruiting source posted notes from a recent Duncan Powell interview. Powell said UT San Antonio, Old Dominion, DePaul and New Mexico were recruiting him the hardest. He also said he's going considering going the pro route.

The recruiting guy is hardly Adrian Wojnarowski (no idea on his credibility), but Powell retweeted the interview notes.

https://twitter.com/AboutaweekHiago/...955636736?s=20
He models his game after a fictional character from a Spike Lee movie?
Old 08-14-2020, 09:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Looks like Powell has been offered $130,000 to go pro

Going to be interesting
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2020, 09:44 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
I would say go for it. I don't see him coming to UD to play for AG.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:18 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Looks like Powell has been offered $130,000 to go pro

Going to be interesting
Posted via Mobile Device
That means he would have to turn down the higher offer from LSU or Arizona.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-15-2020), CT Flyer (08-17-2020), FlyerBob (08-15-2020), jack72 (08-15-2020), Monster Man (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 10:58 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
That means he would have to turn down the higher offer from LSU or Arizona.
Whatever happened with the Deandre Ayton recruiting scandal? I already know the answer, nothing. Sleazy Sean Miller keeps his job and no penalties levied against the program. Unbelievable
Old 08-15-2020, 11:50 AM
General of the Air Force

Malachi Smith announcing on Saturday, August 29th.
MNFats (08-27-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 12:00 PM
Brigadier General

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Malachi Smith announcing on Saturday, August 29th.
that's what I've been waiting for...

good one there

go Flyers!
Old 08-15-2020, 12:15 PM
General of the Air Force

To me it seems like it's us or Georgetown for Mali, I'd say Rutgers was up there but they just got a PG commit like a day or so ago (so writing was on the wall for them).
Old 08-15-2020, 01:44 PM
General

Do we know if Powell has ever been on campus?
Old 08-15-2020, 01:49 PM
General

Georgetown brought in a PG in their 2020 class and has a 2021 PG commit already. Could be a factor
Old 08-20-2020, 02:15 PM
General

Sometimes, it takes just one game for a player's stock to skyrocket -- and even in a livestreamed world, that was the case for Sean Pedulla. The 6-foot-1 guard from Oklahoma had 31 points against Drive Nation EYBL and five-star 2022 guard Keyonte George. Pedulla went from a player with mostly mid-major offers to one with offers from Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Tulsa, SMU and Saint Louis, along with interest from Iowa State and Dayton.

"I was more so worried that I wouldn't get the chance to play at all. So I'm glad I got that chance. The circuits being canceled was a bummer but being able to play at all was all that mattered," Pedulla said. "I still knew coaches were watching on the livestream, so in a way it still had that recruiting-type setting to it."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-disadvantage
Old 08-21-2020, 11:29 AM
General

@GtownRecruiting
Georgetown has offered 2021 prospect Cam Carter (@camryncarter23), a PG from Louisiana who has seen his stock rise significantly over the past month #Hoya

Looking at the Georgetown board, they're saying this offer going out is a sign Malachi is headed elsewhere
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-21-2020), Buster (08-21-2020), flyer016 (08-21-2020), flyerfanatic86 (08-24-2020), hawkoooo (08-21-2020), jack72 (08-21-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-21-2020), Runnin' Rebel (08-21-2020), San Diego Flyer (08-22-2020), steverino015 (08-27-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 02:06 PM
Major

Good news:

2021 four-star DaRon Holmes tells me he’s being prioritized by Arizona, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oregon, Cal, Dayton, Marquette, LMU, Notre Dame, & USC.

Bad news:

2021 four-star Jusaun Holt tells me he’s being prioritized by Georgia, Xavier, Alabama, & Miami.

Both from @TiptonEdits: https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...588831233?s=20
Old 08-27-2020, 06:49 AM
1st Lieutenant

Sitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura about
Malachi

@GtownRecruiting
Georgetown has offered 2021 prospect Cam Carter (@camryncarter23), a PG from Louisiana who has seen his stock rise significantly over the past month #Hoya

Looking at the Georgetown board, they're saying this offer going out is a sign Malachi is headed elsewhere
Bump.......48 hrs until a nice point
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sitdowndigger For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jack D (08-27-2020), OSU Flyer (08-28-2020), steverino015 (08-27-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 02:02 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
4:00 PM Saturday for Mali's announcement:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/15/...uncement-date/

Some nice video of Mali playing in an outdoor tournament.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (08-28-2020), jack72 (08-28-2020), OSU Flyer (08-28-2020), steverino015 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 02:15 PM
General

Twitter buzz makes it sound like it's a done deal
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 03:01 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Twitter buzz makes it sound like it's a done deal
Done deal? You mean in the Flyers' favor?
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 03:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Done deal? You mean in the Flyers' favor?
https://twitter.com/sullymygoodname/...666102273?s=20
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 04:44 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
https://twitter.com/sullymygoodname/...666102273?s=20
Thanks for the clarification, Lifelong Flyer Fan.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-29-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 05:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Corey Evans with a Rivals FutureCast for Mali to UD... Lock it down!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
EliteEight (08-28-2020), Flyer 86 (09-06-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 06:05 PM
Captain

Corey Evans with a Rivals FutureCast for Mali to UD... Lock it down!
If we get Mali this is huge. With SS11 success it out a bigger spotlight on Mali. Quick guard, lot of skill, winning heritage with Scooch. This would be home run for CAG and staff
Old 08-28-2020, 06:43 PM
Captain

If we get Mali this is huge. With SS11 success it out a bigger spotlight on Mali. Quick guard, lot of skill, winning heritage with Scooch. This would be home run for CAG and staff
Just going to leave this here. https://youtu.be/cH7uegF_kRo
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to EliteEight For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (08-28-2020), TommyGola (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 09:56 PM
General

Just going to leave this here. https://youtu.be/cH7uegF_kRo
Oh my, he has one of the quickest, prettiest crossover dribbles that I have ever seen. I am not a fan of the one-hand pass, but he pulled one off with a no-look bounce pass to a cutter. That was pretty!!! I cannot wait to see him in a Flyer uniform. He has a pull-up jumper that Scoochie never really had. Scoochie was a master of the step-back set shot. Wow, if this really happens tomorrow, it will be an incredible get for Coach Grant and the staff. I hope Scoochie comes to his games.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:34 PM

I sure hope lhsgolf19 is sitting by the keyboard tomorrow.

Hopefully this starts a landslide of top recruits.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:38 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
I sure hope lhsgolf19 is sitting by the keyboard tomorrow.

Hopefully this starts a landslide of top recruits.
I'll be ready at 4 don't you worry lol
CT Flyer (08-31-2020), John C. (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 08:15 AM
Major

Don't know that we should read too much into it, but a commit from Malachi Smith would make it two years in a row with a recruit from one of the best basketball conferences in the country, Archdiocese of New York and Diocese of Brooklyn-Queen. Smith attends St. Ray's and Koby Brea graduated from Scanlan. Year-in, year-out, these schools--Stepinac, Christ the King, Hayes, Molloy--turn out top-of-the-rankings recruits. (If you remember Joe Touissant, ended up at Iowa, that Dayton was in on pretty heavily, he's a Hayes graduate.)

Not coincidentally, it also happens to be one of the most heavily recruited conferences in the country. So, the fact that Dayton has made an effort here isn't all that surprising, but it is definitely swimming in the deep end. Here's hoping it's a prosperous recruiting area going forward.
jack72 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 08:49 AM
General of the Air Force

Don't know that we should read too much into it, but a commit from Malachi Smith would make it two years in a row with a recruit from one of the best basketball conferences in the country, Archdiocese of New York and Diocese of Brooklyn-Queen. Smith attends St. Ray's and Koby Brea graduated from Scanlan. Year-in, year-out, these schools--Stepinac, Christ the King, Hayes, Molloy--turn out top-of-the-rankings recruits. (If you remember Joe Touissant, ended up at Iowa, that Dayton was in on pretty heavily, he's a Hayes graduate.)

Not coincidentally, it also happens to be one of the most heavily recruited conferences in the country. So, the fact that Dayton has made an effort here isn't all that surprising, but it is definitely swimming in the deep end. Here's hoping it's a prosperous recruiting area going forward.
#RicardoGreer... Getting to be a SuperStar in this industry
CT Flyer (08-31-2020), San Diego Flyer (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 09:46 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
We're counting on you!
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Brigadier General

pushing all my chips to the table
on this one.....

but you know, I'll bet there are a few here
who try to out headline you now...)
I still bet it all on you.

this is kind of fun right now

Go Flyers!
Old 08-29-2020, 12:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Grayson 6'8" Forward Ian Schieffelin names his final 5:

Dayton
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Richmond
App State
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (08-29-2020), OSU Flyer (08-29-2020), Runnin' Rebel (08-29-2020), steverino015 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 01:09 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute

Dayton
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Richmond
App State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 08-29-2020, 03:54 PM
General

Dayton
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Richmond
App State
interesting mix of schools
Old 08-29-2020, 04:03 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
interesting mix of schools
It seems like at this point many options are off the table due to either programs or recruits having made their choices. Same reason we are on the edge of our seats right now !
Old 08-29-2020, 04:06 PM
Staff Writer

Mail committed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidPJab...99827962830849
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2020, 02:22 AM
Major

After Mali's commitment, Dayton has four available scholarships for the 21-22 season. You can figure they'll keep at least one in in the pocket for a transfer, giving Grant three or so to fill in the next three months.

It cannot be overstated how important, nor how appealing, these scholarships are. Weaver and Cohill will demand some minutes, as will Johnson (assuming good health). Outside that, it's wide open. While the young players on campus surely have expectations, there are hundreds of unspoken for minutes.

The team just had a historic season. Obi's going to be a high lottery pick. Grant is the national coach of the year. The iron is as hot as it will ever be in Dayton. These four remaining scholarships could go a long way in determining whether Dayton evolves into a Gonzaga-like program or fades back into mid-mediocrity.

A very important (and difficult, given the pandemic) few months ahead.
thachief (08-31-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 01:48 PM
General of the Air Force

6’9”/6’10” Rafael Castro announcing his Top 6 on Saturday at 9 PM.

Seems like UD, Seton Hall and Providence will for sure be in there, after that not sure
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
6’9”/6’10” Rafael Castro announcing his Top 6 on Saturday at 9 PM.

Seems like UD, Seton Hall and Providence will for sure be in there, after that not sure
Posted via Mobile Device
Word here in is north Jersey, Castro would like to remain close to home.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:29 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Wink NJ????

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
Word here in is north Jersey, Castro would like to remain close to home.
I must ask a question regarding..."word here in NJ?"

Did you speak to him? Do you have an inside source?

I'm in NJ and didn't hear or read anything...
Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
I must ask a question regarding..."word here in NJ?"

Did you speak to him? Do you have an inside source?

I'm in NJ and didn't hear or read anything...
A good friend of mine is a HS basketball official who has officiated a number of Castro's games and as a result is privy to much more of the "rumor mill" than I.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (09-02-2020), superfan99 (09-03-2020), UDTradition (09-03-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 12:16 AM
General of the Air Force

UD in 4 star Wing Kaleb Washington’s top 11

Probably a pipe dream for him at this point
Posted via Mobile Device
EliteEight (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 06:15 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
A good friend of mine is a HS basketball official who has officiated a number of Castro's games and as a result is privy to much more of the "rumor mill" than I.
so, why isn't UD close to home?

perhaps a few extra miles might be
worth it to play for the best coach in America...

pondering

Go Flyers!
Old 09-05-2020, 09:43 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
so, why isn't UD close to home?

perhaps a few extra miles might be
worth it to play for the best coach in America...

pondering

Go Flyers!
Until the mid-late 1980s, UD was very close to home for a lot of NYC-area college students. I think I knew at least 100 fellow students from my day (1980-84) who were from places like Bay Shore, NY and Bergenfield, NJ.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 06:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Duncan Powell posted this afternoon on his IG Story his "commitment soon," not sure when that means exactly... He seems like the perfect "4" for this program, 6'8" and extremely verstatile.

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 09-05-2020 at 06:14 PM..
hawkoooo (09-06-2020), Runnin' Rebel (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Top 6 for Top 150 Forward Rafael Castro

Dayton, Providence, Seton Hall, Miami, VCU and George Mason
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (09-06-2020), hawkoooo (09-06-2020), jack72 (09-06-2020), John C. (09-05-2020), NJFlyr71 (09-06-2020), Runnin' Rebel (09-06-2020), San Diego Flyer (09-06-2020), The Fly (09-05-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 03:08 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I would sure like to get a few more recruits in the fold before too long. This whole COVID thingy is making me nervous.

After we get some commits, the next battle is to wait and find out IF THERE WILL ACTUALLY BE A F'in SEASON OF BB!

So far the majority of 2020 sucks ... thank goodness for that wonderful UD season in the early part of the year ....
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Major

Duncan Powell posted this afternoon on his IG Story his "commitment soon," not sure when that means exactly... He seems like the perfect "4" for this program, 6'8" and extremely verstatile.
I don’t see where Dayton is associated with Powell anywhere. I’m assuming you’ve read
or heard something lhs?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2020, 07:14 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
He had Dayton listed in his instagram story this weekend. The stories expire 24 hours after posting.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerinChicago (09-09-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 11:20 AM
General of the Air Force

Looks like Top 50 big man DaRon Holmes is focusing on a final 9:

Dayton, Arizona, Cal, USC, Marquette, LMU, Kansas, Arkansas & Notre Dame
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (09-07-2020), EliteEight (09-08-2020), jack72 (09-07-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-07-2020), Runnin' Rebel (09-07-2020), steverino015 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 11:59 AM

That is some final 9, but Holmes is a terrific player, and would be our greatest get ever. Love everything about him including his great intensity.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:03 PM
Major

Looks like Top 50 big man DaRon Holmes is focusing on a final 9:

Dayton, Arizona, Cal, USC, Marquette, LMU, Kansas, Arkansas & Notre Dame
Loyola Marymount is on the list because of their new head coach, Stan Johnson. Johnson was lead recruiter on Holmes while he was Marquette's associate head coach. Johnson's a strong recruiter (and you can see it in his first LMU class).
Old 09-13-2020, 10:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Rafael Castro announcing his top 3 on Saturday at 9 PM
Runnin' Rebel (09-14-2020), superfan99 (09-18-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Major

Loyola Marymount is on the list because of their new head coach, Stan Johnson. Johnson was lead recruiter on Holmes while he was Marquette's associate head coach. Johnson's a strong recruiter (and you can see it in his first LMU class).
And Notre Dame is on the list because his father attended the school (could be a dark horse)
Old 09-18-2020, 08:43 AM
General of the Air Force

3 big updates:

-4 Star Alex Fudge trimming to his top 10 tonight

-Top 50 Big Man DaRon Holmes Jr. announcing his top 4 very soon.

-Sounds like GA PF Ian Schieffelin is committing on Monday (we are in his Final 5)
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-18-2020), mikeymo85 (09-18-2020), Runnin' Rebel (09-18-2020), steverino015 (09-18-2020), superfan99 (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 09:53 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
3 big updates:

-Sounds like GA PF Ian Schieffelin is committing on Monday (we are in his Final 5)
Lhsgolf19: 247 has Fudge going to LSU. But, you seem to have good sources.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2020, 10:03 AM
Brigadier General

3 big updates:

DaRon Holmes Jr would be awesome... was someone supposed to announce their choice Sat (tomorrow), I may have that wrong...

not trimming it down, but choosing the school?

Go Flyers!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Lhsgolf19: 247 has Fudge going to LSU. But, you seem to have good sources.
Posted via Mobile Device
Twitter is my source lol... I'm no insider
Old 09-18-2020, 10:09 AM
General of the Air Force

DaRon Holmes Jr would be awesome... was someone supposed to announce their choice Sat (tomorrow), I may have that wrong...

not trimming it down, but choosing the school?

Go Flyers!
Nope, Castro is just announcing his final 3 tomorrow... Seems like his decision is not far off with that.
steverino015 (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 07:02 PM
General of the Air Force

No UD in Alex Fudge’s Top 10
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2020, 12:57 PM
General of the Air Force

New Offer

Tyrone Baker
@Tyronebaker0
·
4m
Blessed to receive an offer from University Of Dayton
@TeamParsonsCP25 @DaytonMBB @coachDWALLACE24

Saw this one coming recently... 6'9"/6'10" extremely lanky forward out of Fort Myers.... Recently received offers from Georgia and Virginia Tech.
jack72 (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Major

New Offer

Tyrone Baker
@Tyronebaker0
·
4m
Blessed to receive an offer from University Of Dayton
@TeamParsonsCP25 @DaytonMBB @coachDWALLACE24

Saw this one coming recently... 6'9"/6'10" extremely lanky forward out of Fort Myers.... Recently received offers from Georgia and Virginia Tech.
Seems like precarious timing vis a vis Castro's pending announcement.

Man, it seems like UD and Virginia Tech offer dang near all of the same kids.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Seems like precarious timing vis a vis Castro's pending announcement.

Man, it seems like UD and Virginia Tech offer dang near all of the same kids.
We want at least a couple guys with some size... A Castro/Baker combo would be dynamite
flyer016 (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 09:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Castro's Final 3

Dayton
Miami
Providence
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (09-19-2020), CvilleFlyer (09-19-2020), FlyerBob (09-19-2020), redbengal (09-19-2020), steverino015 (09-20-2020), The Fly (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:03 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Castro's Final 3

Dayton
Miami
Providence
Dayton offered on 4/27/20, Providence offered on 6/3/20 and Miami offered on 6/8/20.
I hope that means something to the young man that Anthony Grant was in there early and really cares about developing him as a big. He is now 6'10"! He could be a stud in the A-10 and if we got Tyrone Baker that would be a double bonus!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (09-20-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Anyone on twitter: @theylovecastro or Instagram: @rrrafaelcastro... Show him love big time like Mali posted in his IG story.

This kid's potential is through the roof... Perfect "Obi-Like" replacement

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 09-19-2020 at 10:15 PM..
Flyer 86 (09-20-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:33 PM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
Can Ricardo Greer reel him and n ???
Posted via Mobile Device