User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-26-2021, 07:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe one to pay attention to... North Carolina’s Sterling Manley will graduate and transfer... The 6’11” big man is out of Pickerington
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-26-2021), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-26-2021), FLYER5 (03-27-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-26-2021)
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2021, 10:19 PM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Manley is like another Pickerington guy who went to UNC and transferred Jeremiah Francis. Talented guy but beset with injuries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...162883327/Amp/
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:24 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wendell Green who just finished his freshman year at Eastern Kentucky hit the portal this week

5’11 PG who AG kicked the tires early on in the 2020 cycle. 15.5 PPG & 5 APG. Green also shot it from deep at 36.4%. 1st team all OVC & conference freshman of the year
Posted via Mobile Device
Flyer 86 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:41 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Man would I love to see a knock down 40% 3 Pt shooter join the team.
Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 08:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
Man would I love to see a knock down 40% 3 Pt shooter join the team.
Brea, Blakney and Amzil averaged between 36-38% from the 3 Pt line and Weaver was also at 36%. 3 Pt shooting is not, and was not the problem. We often shot much better than our opponent and lost because of the two main problems...Turnovers and Rebounding. We need players who value the ball and get on the glass. The Memphis game is a great example of this. They had 16 more shots due to the rebounding difference.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-28-2021), Bill McPeek (03-27-2021), Flyer 86 (03-27-2021), flyer016 (03-27-2021), FLYER5 (03-27-2021), Jeff (03-27-2021), San Diego Flyer (03-27-2021), Sea Bass (03-27-2021), TommyGola (03-27-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 09:26 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Brea, Blakney and Amzil averaged between 36-38% from the 3 Pt line and Weaver was also at 36%. 3 Pt shooting is not, and was not the problem. We often shot much better than our opponent and lost because of the two main problems...Turnovers and Rebounding. We need players who value the ball and get on the glass. The Memphis game is a great example of this. They had 16 more shots due to the rebounding difference.
You're right on.

But due to Grant's desired brand of basketball, Dayton consistently takes fewer shots than the opposition (especially against better teams). They win a lot of the games, even when they take fewer shots. I've just started noticing it this season, and I'm not entirely sure what it means. It's not super uncommon though. I see other good teams do it as well, and there are obvious multiplying effects of being an efficient offense (which Dayton under Grant consistently has been).

I'm not sure he's a need, per se, but I think Manley would be a great one-year addition. They'd need to confirm his health, but if ready-to-go I think he could be a potent player in the A10. We don't see bigs with his level of talent in conference play much. Then again, there's also a bit of logjam ion the frontline, and I think there's probably only enough consistent playing time for one of Manley or Sissoko. It seems unlikely to me, but adding Manley could be a homerun, and I like swinging for the fences (especially on a one-year commitment).
Old 03-27-2021, 09:34 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I think rebounding has been our big weakness recently. I have been encouraged with Amzil on this front. By the end of the season, when the ball went up on a shot, I noticed that he turned to his back to the basket and tracked down a man to put his body on. That has been rare on our team. He is so fundamentally sound that I enjoy watching him play. I'm a proponent of getting another big strong body on the team. We need another physical presence, IMO.

I also think that we have lacked some urgency and nastiness on defense.

Last edited by Fudd; 03-27-2021 at 09:37 AM..
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (03-28-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 09:43 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
The way the NCAA has changed all the rules and with Manley completely missing a full season after his knee surgery, I am thinking he may have two years of eligibility left.

If he can finally stay healthy, could be a good pick up.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:29 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
You're right on.

But due to Grant's desired brand of basketball, Dayton consistently takes fewer shots than the opposition (especially against better teams). They win a lot of the games, even when they take fewer shots. I've just started noticing it this season, and I'm not entirely sure what it means. It's not super uncommon though. I see other good teams do it as well, and there are obvious multiplying effects of being an efficient offense (which Dayton under Grant consistently has been).
Good teams take less shots because they take better shots and make them at a higher percentage. Last season was a great example of this. We shot over 50% as a team and I believe close to 60% from 2pt shots. While we took less shots, we were still out rebounding teams. We were also a lot better at limiting TO's.

This year, our TO's are up, our shooting percentage is down (still fairly efficient though), but the biggest difference is we are getting beat badly on rebounds. That is leading to teams having way more shots than us. last year we took less shots due to high efficiency, this year it is do to TO's and lack of rebounding.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 03-27-2021 at 10:31 AM..
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 12:07 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
You're right on.

I'm not sure he's a need, per se, but I think Manley would be a great one-year addition. They'd need to confirm his health, but if ready-to-go I think he could be a potent player in the A10. We don't see bigs with his level of talent in conference play much. Then again, there's also a bit of logjam ion the frontline, and I think there's probably only enough consistent playing time for one of Manley or Sissoko. It seems unlikely to me, but adding Manley could be a homerun, and I like swinging for the fences (especially on a one-year commitment).
Well, when you are turning the ball over and not attacking the offensive boards, you are going to get fewer shots. It's not nuclear physics.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:25 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Well, when you are turning the ball over and not attacking the offensive boards, you are going to get fewer shots. It's not nuclear physics.
Our offensive boards are always going to be almost non-existent. That's the style CAG plays. His strategy is based on high FG percentage and if we're not near the top in that, we're not going to be very good. I noticed with AG and actually, quite a few teams in the NCAA this season, that when the shot goes up, everyone retreats to play defense without hanging around for the possible offensive rebound. Especially on 3s where misses are closer to 50-50 balls. But the Flyers are always retreating for their half court defense and their chances of retrieving the offensive rebound goes way down.

But our defensive boards, that's another story. We were terrible this season on those and that's a direct result of losing our top 3 rebounders from last season.

Also, our passing is terrible. Rarely did we see the kind of crisp, accurate passing that got players open shots. That resulted in a lot less accuracy and a lot more defensive rebounds for our opponents(since we retreat for defense when the ball gets shot.) Of course that resulted in more turnovers and a lot less assists also.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 01:51 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Smitty10: Now, if we are getting beaten so badly on our defensive boards, that infers someone is taking offensive rebounding more seriously...VCU and Memphis come to mind.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:46 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Smitty10: Now, if we are getting beaten so badly on our defensive boards, that infers someone is taking offensive rebounding more seriously...VCU and Memphis come to mind.
I'll agree with that. They are. But they are also probably coached(against us anyway) to stay on the offensive boards until they lose possession where our players immediately retreat to get back on defense when the shot gets off forfeiting the opportunity for a 2nd chance.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
...or rocket surgery.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Viperstick (03-27-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 12:00 AM
General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
The way the NCAA has changed all the rules and with Manley completely missing a full season after his knee surgery, I am thinking he may have two years of eligibility left.

If he can finally stay healthy, could be a good pick up.
Two seasons if he wanted them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2021, 12:02 AM
General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Our offensive boards are always going to be almost non-existent. That's the style CAG plays. His strategy is based on high FG percentage and if we're not near the top in that, we're not going to be very good. I noticed with AG and actually, quite a few teams in the NCAA this season, that when the shot goes up, everyone retreats to play defense without hanging around for the possible offensive rebound. Especially on 3s where misses are closer to 50-50 balls. But the Flyers are always retreating for their half court defense and their chances of retrieving the offensive rebound goes way down.

But our defensive boards, that's another story. We were terrible this season on those and that's a direct result of losing our top 3 rebounders from last season.

Also, our passing is terrible. Rarely did we see the kind of crisp, accurate passing that got players open shots. That resulted in a lot less accuracy and a lot more defensive rebounds for our opponents(since we retreat for defense when the ball gets shot.) Of course that resulted in more turnovers and a lot less assists also.
I’ve heard an unconfirmed rumor coaches adjust to their talent
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2021, 12:11 AM
General

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I’ve heard an unconfirmed rumor coaches adjust to their talent
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, forgot to mention how bad our transition defense was, NON-EXISTENT. So by retreating as soon as the shot is let go, was a way to adjust to our lack of talent on D.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:54 AM
General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Oh, forgot to mention how bad our transition defense was, NON-EXISTENT. So by retreating as soon as the shot is let go, was a way to adjust to our lack of talent on D.
Agreed, area of emphasis next season. Hopefully at some point in year 8 or 9 we get some guys who can commit to defense
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 09:14 AM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Parker Fox virtually meeting with AG and the staff this afternoon
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (03-28-2021), Flyer 86 (03-28-2021), flyer016 (03-28-2021), Runnin' Rebel (03-28-2021), steverino015 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 09:48 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Worth noting, a post on Fox's Twitter page says he has two years of eligibility remaining. For some reason, I was under the impression he only had one.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:07 AM
General

Evidently, Parker Fox has 30 D-1 offers. If Coach Grant is not successful in recruiting him, I contend there are lots of other D-2 centers who are capable of successful seasons for the Flyers. I watched a D-2 tournament game a few days back and was greatly impressed by both centers. I never understood why there are not more transfers from the D-2 level at all the positions.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 10:28 AM
Major

Evidently, Parker Fox has 30 D-1 offers. If Coach Grant is not successful in recruiting him, I contend there are lots of other D-2 centers who are capable of successful seasons for the Flyers. I watched a D-2 tournament game a few days back and was greatly impressed by both centers. I never understood why there are not more transfers from the D-2 level at all the positions.
I think you're on to something.

Zach Hankins, who transferred from Ferris State to Xavier for his senior year, was really good for his one season in Norwood; averaged 10, 5 and 1.5 blocks a game.

I would imagine the key is identifying guys with the talent and personality to fit a specific role. I don't think you can just grab the leading scorer in D-2 and expect him to get you 15 a night. Probably more like finding a 3-and-D guy or a big that can spot you 20 minutes.

As transfer rules loosen, wonder if you'll see more of recruiting of lower division players.

It'll be interesting to see how the Fox situation plays out. There doesn't appear to be a ton of minutes available in the frontcourt, so I don't think he'd be expected to be Obi Toppin on day one. In fact, it seems like there's a lot of young depth at the 3, 4 and 5. But last time I worried about not enough playing time, they had a historically good season. So, bring 'em all on board and let Grant sort it out.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:33 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Not every transfer up works out. Seth Towns did not have a great year at Ohio State.

From what I have seen, the biggest difference between D1 and D2 post players is strength. D2 has lots of fast and quick players. They usually, lack, strength or size.

Strength makes a big difference in defending the post and often rebounding.

We were very weak in those two areas last year.

Last edited by SeasonTicketFan; 03-28-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Old 03-28-2021, 12:14 PM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Not every transfer up works out. Seth Towns did not have a great year at Ohio State.

From what I have seen, the biggest difference between D1 and D2 post players is strength. D2 has lots of fast and quick players. They usually, lack, strength or size.

Not really an apples to apples comparison. Seth Towns transferred from Harvard, not a DII school and was dealing with major injury issues. Seth miss the last 2 years prior to this season due to injuries. When healthy, he was a great player at Harvard.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:47 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
another good post by lhsgolf19,
we'll see.....)

meeting this afternoon
Old 03-28-2021, 05:45 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
another good post by lhsgolf19,
we'll see.....)

meeting this afternoon
Virtual zoom meeting! Not in person! Still can learn a lot about a player.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:12 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Anyone have an update on TyTy? What's his timeframe on committing?
Old 03-28-2021, 08:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post

While you're correct in theory, Towns is not a good example. That kid has a bad knee that never got better. In fact it actually got worse.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:14 PM
Major General

Davidson's Grady is joining Jacob Toppin at UK.

Duquesne picks up a solid transfer in Big man Tre Williams from Indiana State.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 06:50 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Davidson's Grady is joining Jacob Toppin at UK.

Duquesne picks up a solid transfer in Big man Tre Williams from Indiana State.
Grady just made a huge mistake, just like Jacob Toppin, Kanter's brother, and Ryan Harrow did. Transfers never do well for Cal.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:27 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Well, maybe he went to a place that he thought coming in off the bench is his best shot at winning the trophy. Highly unlikely that he would be drafted. Probably has the same odds as Jalen. I don't think Cal feels like he got the missing piece for a championship. But for Grady it's going to be a great ride for one season. Great schedule. Fun practices with a covey of highly recruited players. He topped out with a pedestrian Davidson team.

If that scenario suits him, then it's not a huge mistake. It will be interesting to track the progress.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:52 AM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Well, maybe he went to a place that he thought coming in off the bench is his best shot at winning the trophy. Highly unlikely that he would be drafted. Probably has the same odds as Jalen. I don't think Cal feels like he got the missing piece for a championship. But for Grady it's going to be a great ride for one season. Great schedule. Fun practices with a covey of highly recruited players. He topped out with a pedestrian Davidson team.

If that scenario suits him, then it's not a huge mistake. It will be interesting to track the progress.
I just don’t see how this helps him IF his goal is to play professionally. He loses a year of earning ability and is one year older. If he just wants to see how it is to play against 5 star freshmen in practice then I guess it makes sense.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:56 AM
General of the Air Force

I just read a quote from Grady where he states that he thinks playing another year at Kentucky will help his goal of playing In the NBA. Huge mistake. The NBA isn’t drafting 23-24 year olds. Heck, they made a big deal about Obi being 22.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:28 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,752 Times in 794 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I just read a quote from Grady where he states that he thinks playing another year at Kentucky will help his goal of playing In the NBA. Huge mistake. The NBA isn’t drafting 23-24 year olds. Heck, they made a big deal about Obi being 22.
How is this any different than playing oversees and trying to develop what is needed for him to make the NBA a la BRob? Not sure how getting playing time against the best players at the college level and coaching from a staff preparing kids for NBA is a big mistake. Age is an issue in the draft. I don’t think it is so much as a free agent. Either way, he’ll be the same age this time next year so not sure why his age isn’t a factor if he plays oversees for a year.

It’s not always about the money
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2021, 11:39 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Possibly but he may not be getting drafted at 22-23 either and having to earn a FA contract. It's really no different than playing what is a higher level of basketball (that can be debatable some years) at KY and using that as his farm system in playing against better and bigger players in the SEC along with their OOC schedule versus going overseas and playing for a few years and then coming into the NBA at what would be his mid/late 20's. Seems Cal is leaning on more experienced players coming into his program as the other way isn't working quite as well anymore.

Last edited by steve; 03-30-2021 at 12:28 PM..
Old 03-30-2021, 12:15 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
It’s not always about the money
Posted via Mobile Device
Hum.... maybe it still is about the money. I mean he is agreeing to play at Kentucky. Maybe they pay more than the G league???
Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 01:03 PM
Brigadier General

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keats '91 View Post
Hum.... maybe it still is about the money. I mean he is agreeing to play at Kentucky. Maybe they pay more than the G league???
Good point - even a backup probably makes high 5 figures for coach Cal wherever he happens to be
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2021, 01:13 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Alright so can we get a list of guys who are out there on the transfer market that we believe Dayton has expressed interest in?

Parker Fox, Forward, Northwestern State (D2)
Justin Powell, PG, Auburn (from Louisville)
Seth Lundy, Forward, Penn State (former teammate of Lynn Greer)

Who am I missing?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021), steverino015 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 06:19 PM
Brigadier General

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Alright so can we get a list of guys who are out there on the transfer market that we believe Dayton has expressed interest in?

Who am I missing?
good job steering this back to Dayton...
rec'd it....

you didn't mention Ty Ty, is that not
very possible anymore? I was hoping
daRon could have some sway with him..

go Flyers!
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Tyty is not a transfer.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Jake@jakeweingarten
1h

USF transfer Alexis Yetna has heard from Georgia, Buffalo, Arkansas, UConn, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Arizona State, Boston College, Georgetown, New Mexico, Nebraska, Dayton, SCAR, Cincinnati, UNLV, others, a source told @Stockrisers.

Averaged 9.5 pts and 7.3 boards.

Probably not happening but I love the call, give it your best shot lol
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 09:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Parker Fox offered by his childhood school, Minnesota, not looking good gents
Old 03-30-2021, 10:09 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Tyty is not a transfer.
I knew that when I pressed submit, lol
at me... but at least we are back
on Flyers...
Old 03-30-2021, 10:43 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Cool. Cool. Updating...

Alexis Yetna, Forward, USF
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 11:27 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Parker Fox offered by his childhood school, Minnesota, not looking good gents
6’8, 190. Competing with Amzil, Zimi, Holmes, Washington and Blakney for minutes. He’s not a good outside shooter. He primarily a slasher. He’s been very effective but against small schools. When we really need help in the post and at guard. Why would he be a good fit?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 07:49 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
He fits because at this point he is far better than anyone on our roster. Look at the schools who are recruiting him...we need NEXT LEVEL players not Nice players.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:52 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by flybye View Post
He fits because at this point he is far better than anyone on our roster. Look at the schools who are recruiting him...we need NEXT LEVEL players not Nice players.
I get it but you don't necessarily recruit someone because others are offering and/or they can beat your current players in one-on-one and can win a dunk contest.You recruit based on your exact needs and style of play.I have no idea how he fits in with the Minny program/style or any other schools.

Maybe he's a final piece for many schools in which he can press/trap/run the floor/finish on the break and alter shots in the paint.Maybe he's going to come off the bench for many and be a 6th/7th man.

UD needs to first, defend the basketball, and they really needed guards and they accomplished that with Cohill back and 2 more highly recruited ones coming in. UD needs a BIG and they're banking on Sissoko being healthy and improving but if there's another one out there that fits then go after him hard. UD needs a transfer SG/SF that can shoot the perimeter shot, that is experienced and can bring in some instant scoring after losing Ibi and Crutcher.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:02 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by flybye View Post
He’s a pretty good athlete but he is not far better than what we will have next year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (03-31-2021), springborofan (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I get it but you don't necessarily recruit someone because others are offering and/or they can beat your current players in one-on-one and can win a dunk contest.You recruit based on your exact needs and style of play.I have no idea how he fits in with the Minny program/style or any other schools.

Maybe he's a final piece for many schools in which he can press/trap/run the floor/finish on the break and alter shots in the paint.Maybe he's going to come off the bench for many and be a 6th/7th man.

UD needs to first, defend the basketball, and they really needed guards and they accomplished that with Cohill back and 2 more highly recruited ones coming in. UD needs a BIG and they're banking on Sissoko being healthy and improving but if there's another one out there that fits then go after him hard. UD needs a transfer SG/SF that can shoot the perimeter shot, that is experienced and can bring in some instant scoring after losing Ibi and Crutcher.
In my opinion he fits because of the offense we run. If we think Sissoko is the answer in our offense we are in for another season of bobbled passes, missed catches, travels, etc. Fox seems like he would be a great fit for the screen and ROLL part of the offense. All year I complained because AG never adjusted our offense to our skill sets and we continued to watch Jordy be put in a position where he could not and was not ever going to be successful. Our offense requires a player that can screen and roll/pop, which requires athleticism and good hands (ala Obi) and Fox seems to have some of that.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:07 AM

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Grant needs to recruit the BEST of the transfers...

There are over 1000 D1 transfers, many from big schools and many with impressive stats. I don't care how good this D2 kid is...there are better options out there that fit our specific needs...like the Harrar kid from Penn State who is a rebounding machine.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:13 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Every time I hear the argument that a kid can not make the jump from D2 or lower to D1, I think about the McNeil kid who was at Sinclair, D2 JUCO. Many on here said the same thing, no way he can score and play at the D1 level.

This year he averaged 12+ points per game, earning 29 minutes of PT per game for #13 ranked West Virginia. Scored 23 in the final game of the tourney against Syracuse.

Lots of hidden gems at the lower levels who can make a big impact at D1 schools if given the chance.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:29 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
In my opinion he fits because of the offense we run. If we think Sissoko is the answer in our offense we are in for another season of bobbled passes, missed catches, travels, etc. Fox seems like he would be a great fit for the screen and ROLL part of the offense. All year I complained because AG never adjusted our offense to our skill sets and we continued to watch Jordy be put in a position where he could not and was not ever going to be successful. Our offense requires a player that can screen and roll/pop, which requires athleticism and good hands (ala Obi) and Fox seems to have some of that.
I understand but are you worried about defense at all? I'm not looking for Sissoko to be our offensive answer but I am looking for post defense and rebounding against teams with a true BIG or two whether that be in length or girth. Tired of watching UD give up 20-30 points in the post to teams like Duquense and plenty of others which happens alot.

Lost time we saw Sissoko play was as good as he played all year and that was against St Louis who is as physical as they come. He had 6 boards, scored a bucket and set some nasty screens in 16 minutes. Was that an aberration or did the clock go off for him finally? Who knows but I do know he's a far better athlete than Jordy is and it's not too hard to have better hands and feet than Jordy had who, btw, gave is almost 7 ppg and nearly 8 rpg. If we got 6 and 5 next year with good defense and solid half-court screening from Sissoko then sign me up.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:40 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,773 Times in 936 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
This Parker Fox debate is weird. What would it hurt if he came here? Let's say it doesn't pan out and he is outplayed by Sissoko/Amzil and the incoming bigs. So? How is that a bad thing?

We have two open ships. It doesn't hurt anything to spend one on a very exciting D2 prospect with lots of experience playing at the college level.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-31-2021), Glen Clark (03-31-2021), Marysville Flyer (03-31-2021), MNFats (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:40 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I understand but are you worried about defense at all? I'm not looking for Sissoko to be our offensive answer but I am looking for post defense and rebounding against teams with a true BIG or two whether that be in length or girth. Tired of watching UD give up 20-30 points in the post to teams like Duquense and plenty of others which happens alot.

Lost time we saw Sissoko play was as good as he played all year and that was against St Louis who is as physical as they come. He had 6 boards, scored a bucket and set some nasty screens in 16 minutes. Was that an aberration or did the clock go off for him finally? Who knows but I do know he's a far better athlete than Jordy is and it's not too hard to have better hands and feet than Jordy had who, btw, gave is almost 7 ppg and nearly 8 rpg. If we got 6 and 5 next year with good defense and solid half-court screening from Sissoko then sign me up.
I hear you about defense and truthfully I have no idea how he is defensively, so you may very well be right that he would be in over his head there. But from what I have seen offensively I think he would fit in.

And I wasn't trying to knock Jordy because I think he helped this team a lot this year. When we featured him in the post he was fairly affective, but when we tried to use him setting the high ball screen and rolling it was a nightmare, but I put that more on AG for putting him in a position where he would almost certainly fail. Defensively Jordy was a big plus.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steve (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:58 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Every time I hear the argument that a kid can not make the jump from D2 or lower to D1, I think about the McNeil kid who was at Sinclair, D2 JUCO. Many on here said the same thing, no way he can score and play at the D1 level.

This year he averaged 12+ points per game, earning 29 minutes of PT per game for #13 ranked West Virginia. Scored 23 in the final game of the tourney against Syracuse.

Lots of hidden gems at the lower levels who can make a big impact at D1 schools if given the chance.
Jr College and D2 are completely different beasts. D2 is a talent thing...Jr College can be talent, but many are D1 athletes with academic issues. McNeil was a D1 player out of HS...but quit because he didn't want to go to school. So his only choice to get back into D1 hoops was the jr college route.

Regardless...there are a sh*tload (X 100) of transfers available...all looking for playing time. We need a monster in the middle. If My Team truly is what we all know, and if being the next Gonzaga (or joining the Big East) is a goal, it shouldn't be difficult to convince a BIG10, Big12, ACC or SEC talent recruit to visit campus and get us on their list...and reaching for D2 transfers should be at the bottom of the options.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
This Parker Fox debate is weird. What would it hurt if he came here? Let's say it doesn't pan out and he is outplayed by Sissoko/Amzil and the incoming bigs. So? How is that a bad thing?

We have two open ships. It doesn't hurt anything to spend one on a very exciting D2 prospect with lots of experience playing at the college level.
FWIW 1: Bad attitudes are infectious. If My Team brings in a 5th year senior who doesn't get the playing time he thinks he was promised/deserved, I can see it hurting alot. Not many 5th year transfer players are happy on the bench...especially if they are used to playing 35 mpg. There are exceptions...rare.

FWIW 2: If we're looking to potentially waste a scholarship, I'd prefer it be on an incoming freshman who accepts his position and role.

King Rollo the Developer...OUT!
Clear Prop (03-31-2021), steve (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 10:29 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Dayton would very much like to get Fox...i know that, so they like him. But as Rollo says a lot more to come...just remember we whiffed last year and it cost us. The right transfer ie..Baylor and Gonzaga can make a huge impact. We need 2 really good ones to be a very good team next year.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:40 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I like Parker's moxie, energy, and swag. Totally realize this can backfire, but it seems to infuse exactly what was missing from last year's team. I would hope this can come from multiple sources, including inbound freshman and returning players. But see very little to not like about him. (but I also feel that ship has sailed... needed a quick commitment and too many vultures are now involved.)
Old 03-31-2021, 01:09 PM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I see a little of Landers in him. Not sure he is that kind of leader but that would be a nice add on.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:24 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
FWIW 1: Bad attitudes are infectious. If My Team brings in a 5th year senior who doesn't get the playing time he thinks he was promised/deserved, I can see it hurting alot. Not many 5th year transfer players are happy on the bench...especially if they are used to playing 35 mpg. There are exceptions...rare.

FWIW 2: If we're looking to potentially waste a scholarship, I'd prefer it be on an incoming freshman who accepts his position and role.

King Rollo the Developer...OUT!
1. ((bad attitudes)) are infectious...
bad attitude
non chalant
no effort/lazy

We have just gone through a season of
that... quite sure CAG does not want a
repeat.. he knows what we need.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:43 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,197 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
FWIW 1: Bad attitudes are infectious.
Two words........Juwan Staten. One bad apple can spoil the rest very easily. It was the nail in the coffin for BG.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:56 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
1. ((bad attitudes)) are infectious...
bad attitude
non chalant
no effort/lazy

We have just gone through a season of
that... quite sure CAG does not want a
repeat.. he knows what we need.
Just curious, but where/who would you attribute "bad attitude" to this past season?

There's at least one I might suspect, but have absolutely nothing concrete, 1st or 2nd hand that would support such.
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sid Louick (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 06:29 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Just curious, but where/who would you attribute "bad attitude" to this past season?

There's at least one I might suspect, but have absolutely nothing concrete, 1st or 2nd hand that would support such.
you can use any of the words I listed:

how about when Brooks Hall says
during a game "this non-chalant" body
language by a couple players is maddening
to see.. I use non-chalant, I could use
other descriptions" his words....

how about KW, forget which game:
"this isn't just a lack of defensive effort,
this is no attempt at defense"
later in the game:
"Jalen keeps having to direct a couple
players where to go on plays, where
to move... and its the same two players.."

KW would not give the players, just
an impressions he was not talking
about the freshmen...

that.......
maddening
lazy
non chalant
bad attitude/giving up/not trying

call it what you want,
and you won't be wrong...

Last edited by steverino015; 03-31-2021 at 07:59 PM..
Old 03-31-2021, 11:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
you can use any of the words I listed:

how about when Brooks Hall says
during a game "this non-chalant" body
language by a couple players is maddening
to see.. I use non-chalant, I could use
other descriptions" his words....

how about KW, forget which game:
"this isn't just a lack of defensive effort,
this is no attempt at defense"
later in the game:
"Jalen keeps having to direct a couple
players where to go on plays, where
to move... and its the same two players.."

KW would not give the players, just
an impressions he was not talking
about the freshmen...

that.......
maddening
lazy
non chalant
bad attitude/giving up/not trying

call it what you want,
and you won't be wrong...
Call it what you want? I guess. But calling it "bad attitude" I think is an unfair description. Based on the examples you gave, it doesn't sound like KW or Brooks used such a description either.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:58 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Call it what you want? I guess. But calling it "bad attitude" I think is an unfair description. Based on the examples you gave, it doesn't sound like KW or Brooks used such a description either.
this is a transfer thread, and
I was addressing a question to me..
I listen to the radio broadcast and in
the first half of a game,
that IS what K W said...
in fact during the halftime radio
Larry mentioned the lax defense
and KW said "it wasn't lax. it didn't
exist at all. uncontested layups is
effort"...

and during a couple games,
that IS how Brooks called it...

lazy, non chalant, lack of desire
NO movement on offense... that comes
from within, the desire, the will to
win... the attitude...

okay, back to transfers...
this past season is thankfully done.

Last edited by steverino015; 04-01-2021 at 01:43 AM..
Old 04-01-2021, 12:19 AM
Brigadier General

Penn State forward Seth Lundy
has talked with UConn, Marquette,
Butler, and Dayton among others...

6' 6" 219lbs, soph
averaged 10 pts a game, 81%
free throws... 3pt shooting:
39% freshman yr, 32% last yr

as stated earlier, former teammate
of Lynn Grier. He is the 6th
Penn St player to enter the transfer
portal...https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...er-portal.html

Last edited by steverino015; 04-01-2021 at 12:22 AM..
Old 04-01-2021, 09:14 PM
General of the Air Force

Keep an eye on this one

6'8" 220 Georgia Sophomore Forward Toumani Camara entered the portal

We had tons of interest in HS... He visited us, then visited UGA and committed there.

12.8 PPG (3rd on team) and team-leading 7.7 RPG
18 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-02-2021), Bucketnight (04-02-2021), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-02-2021), FIFO28 (04-03-2021), FLYER5 (04-04-2021), FlyerBob (04-01-2021), Jeff (04-08-2021), mikeymo85 (04-02-2021), Radar (04-02-2021), redbengal (04-02-2021), rollo (04-02-2021), Runnin' Rebel (04-02-2021), San Diego Flyer (04-02-2021), SLUFLYER (04-02-2021), springborofan (04-01-2021), steverino015 (04-02-2021), superfan99 (04-08-2021), The Fly (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 01:04 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Keep an eye on this one

6'8" 220 Georgia Sophomore Forward Toumani Camara entered the portal

We had tons of interest in HS... He visited us, then visited UGA and committed there.

12.8 PPG (3rd on team) and team-leading 7.7 RPG
Both Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Miami Herald said U of Miami is his likely destination. He is from South Florida.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:07 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
Both Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Miami Herald said U of Miami is his likely destination. He is from South Florida.
Trust me, we have a chance... Not saying it's gonna happen, but believe a little bit lol

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 04-02-2021 at 01:14 PM..
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 01:52 PM
Brigadier General

that would be awesome!
Old 04-02-2021, 06:02 PM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
If he comes here we would have to teach him to not rebound.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:48 PM
General of the Air Force

Parker Fox’s Final 8: Dayton, Minnesota, Ohio State, Creighton, TCU, Vanderbilt, San Diego State and Florida State.

Also Ball State G and UD Target Jarron Coleman announcing today.
Posted via Mobile Device
CJ#4 (04-03-2021), FlyerBob (04-03-2021), Jeff (04-03-2021), steverino015 (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 02:38 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud of
Fatts Russell to Maryland
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...4gm-story.html
Old 04-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Brigadier General

Parker Fox’s Final 8: Dayton, Minnesota, Ohio State, Creighton, TCU, Vanderbilt, San Diego State and Florida State.

Also Ball State G and UD Target Jarron Coleman announcing today.
Posted via Mobile Device
getting closer to being interesting now,
things picking up a bit.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Coleman ended up committing to Mizzou
Old 04-03-2021, 06:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ#4 View Post
Fatts Russell to Maryland
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...4gm-story.html
So, basically, Maryland traded the Mitchell brothers to Rhody for a player to be named later, who turned out to be Fatts. Not sure which program got the better of that swap. Time will tell, eh?
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-03-2021), Flyer 86 (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
So, basically, Maryland traded the Mitchell brothers to Rhody for a player to be named later, who turned out to be Fatts. Not sure which program got the better of that swap. Time will tell, eh?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure what Maryland has coming back, but if they already have some pieces in place Fatts could be a good fit.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
Auburn Transfer Justin Powell commits to Tennessee !!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2021, 12:52 PM
General of the Air Force

Toumani Camara announcing tomorrow about 1:30

Keep an eye on it
Posted via Mobile Device
flyerfan4life (04-07-2021), jack72 (04-07-2021), Jeff (04-08-2021), steverino015 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 01:02 PM
Brigadier General

Toumani Camara announcing tomorrow about 1:30

Keep an eye on it
Posted via Mobile Device
Haven’t seen any great day to be a Flyer posts on FB today so not holding my breath
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2021, 01:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Haven’t seen any great day to be a Flyer posts on FB today so not holding my breath
Posted via Mobile Device
It’s tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2021, 02:12 PM
Major General

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/sta...726449664?s=20

According to the Rivals Transfer Portal Account on Twitter, UD is going after Rocket Watts, the Michigan St. transfer. Another former Top-40 recruit.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-07-2021), Monster Man (04-07-2021), steverino015 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 02:36 PM

Thanked 10,172 Times in 5,900 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/sta...726449664?s=20

According to the Rivals Transfer Portal Account on Twitter, UD is going after Rocket Watts, the Michigan St. transfer. Another former Top-40 recruit.
Others who have contacted him include X, Fl St, FL, U of L, Maryland, The Baylor and UConn.

34% shooter, 25% from three, and 78% on free throws. Great athlete, but struggled shooting. Real name is Mark.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
I have a very good feeling we'll be celebrating tomorrow!
Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 03:44 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Others who have contacted him include X, Fl St, FL, U of L, Maryland, The Baylor and UConn.

34% shooter, 25% from three, and 78% on free throws. Great athlete, but struggled shooting. Real name is Mark.
Agree, he was inconsistent as far as percentages, but there were definitely games that he carried MSU. If we are able to land him, I do not think any team in the A10 would have 2 lead guards with as quick of first step as Weaver and Rocket.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:35 PM
Brigadier General

Agree, he was inconsistent as far as percentages, but there were definitely games that he carried MSU. If we are able to land him, I do not think any team in the A10 would have 2 lead guards with as quick of first step as Weaver and Rocket.
We had and lost Buckets. Hopefully we can land the Rocket
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 08:55 PM
Brigadier General

exciting stuff,
wait and see mode....)

much better thread to follow,
this one is
Old 04-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by soccergod View Post
Auburn Transfer Justin Powell commits to Tennessee !!
Posted via Mobile Device
Powell removed; Watts added to list of transfers who Dayton has been linked with.

Rocket Watts, Guard, Michigan State
Old 04-08-2021, 10:47 AM
Academy Doolie

Flyerfan47 will become famous soon enoughFlyerfan47 will become famous soon enough
Powell removed; Watts added to list of transfers who Dayton has been linked with.

Yetna committed to Seton Hall 30 minutes ago.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold

Better add Toumani Camara to your list !!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Captain

Camara Instagram now says 1pm.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2021, 12:57 PM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
What is his IG handle? Can't find it via search.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Captain

Toomany_buckets
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Brigadier General

Toomany_buckets
Posted via Mobile Device
Just in time and he's a Flyer. Hell yea.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:03 PM

Thanked 10,172 Times in 5,900 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope we can add Rocket to Camari's addition!
Old 04-08-2021, 01:07 PM
General of the Air Force

Toomany_buckets
Posted via Mobile Device
How did you know or was it just a gut reaction?
Old 04-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Captain

PerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the rough
I'm a Lansing resident and huge Spartans fan, I'd be excited for him to become a Flyer IF he doesn't play point guard. He's a gifted scorer who can create his own shot, can (and will) shoot from anywhere on the floor, and can finish strong around the basket. He played a huge role as a freshman on the 19-20 team alongside Cassius Winston that was primed to make a deep run.

This year Izzo started the season by having Watts play point, which is not his talents whatsoever. Typically when he gets the ball on offense he does not look to pass. At the point he was running play after play without ever even making a pass, which was brutal to watch. Obviously that plan didn't work, and he quickly went from MSU's alpha scorer to a bench role.

By all accounts he's a great locker room guy, is very coachable, and even seemed to embrace his bench role when the team was really struggling. I commend him for showing maturity during what was a roller coaster season in East Lansing. I love also that he's played and won against the best teams in the country, so he can bring that confidence to Dayton. If CAG thinks he's the right fit, I think he would be our starting shooting guard next year.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:48 PM
Brigadier General

Still awful silent from Ibi and Jalen. Then the weird post on FB a week ago. Got me to thinking, how long can those 2 hang around, practice with the team etc. before they have to fish or cut bait? Since they don’t count as a schollie if they stayed, they aren’t keeping anyone from coming here.

Could they be waiting to see what exactly they have with returners and new guys and either or both will decide after practicing with the team? Do they have to be enrolled in at least one summer class to associate with the team?

I know it’s far fetched but they are in unchartered waters from a decision timing and team impact standpoint

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Marysville Flyer; 04-08-2021 at 07:52 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 07:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Still awful silent from Ibi and Jalen. Then the weird post on FB a week ago. Got me to thinking, how long can those 2 hang around, practice with the team etc. before they have to fish or cut bait? Since they don’t count as a schollie if they stayed, they aren’t keeping anyone from coming here.

Could they be waiting to see what exactly they have with returners and new guys and either or both will decide after practicing with the team? Do they have to be enrolled in at least one summer class to associate with the team?

I know it’s far fetched but they are in unchartered waters from a decision timing and team impact standpoint

Posted via Mobile Device

Waiting to see what is going on Covid wise in Europe before committing to go overseas and play pro ball next winter. If no leagues or overseas travel, why not stick around at UD? What other options to keep game sharp?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-09-2021), jack72 (04-09-2021), rollo (04-09-2021), SeasonTicketFan (04-08-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:55 PM
General

Waiting to see what is going on Covid wise in Europe before committing to go overseas and play pro ball next winter. If no leagues or overseas travel, why not stick around at UD? What other options to keep game sharp?
Ibi I have no clue about. But I'm guessing Jalen has so many options that he has a lot of work to do to choose the right one. Let's not forget that he entered for the NBA draft last year, and he's most likely considering doing the same this season. He probably has someone working for him out doing the leg work to see where he stands. Yes, he probably won't be drafted but he can still sign with someone after the draft just to get his feet wet because I'm sure that's still his dream. Maybe he finds out while his chances are slim, he still might improve upon them buy playing one more college season and who knows, that might end up being in Memphis. Or he might decide to go the overseas route but still having your name in the NBA draft probably doesn't hurt for future consideration.

But it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't entered his name in the transfer portal, because it would be a waste of time if he's considering entering his name for the NBA draft.