UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
The Bart Torvik teamcast is out. 17-12(9-9) prediction, 51st team out of the ncaat, that will not be good enough for a NIT bid. #122

https://barttorvik.com/teamcast.php?...22&team=Dayton

The losses do not add up to 12: 4 ooc losses + 9 A10 losses = 13.

He only lists 8 actual A10 head to head losses, so the % probabilities must account for the 9th A10 loss.

Ooc: Miami neutral loss, SMU away loss, VT home loss, Mississippi away loss

Pretty pessimistic IMO:
#122?
9 A10 losses?
SMU #102 loss?
Miami #89 loss?

Last edited by ud2; 09-02-2021 at 12:36 PM..
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
The Bart Torvik teamcast is out. 17-12(9-9) prediction, 51st team out of the ncaat, that will not be good enough for a NIT bid. #122

https://barttorvik.com/teamcast.php?...22&team=Dayton

Ooc: Miami neutral loss, SMU away loss, VT home loss, Mississippi away loss

Pretty pessimistic IMO:
#122?
9 A10 losses?
SMU #102 loss?
Miami #89 loss?
Who is Bart Torvik and why doesn’t his name ring a bell? I personally think this team surprises IF UD arena is open to crowds. I’m starting to think nothing is ever going back to normal
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-02-2021, 12:50 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Who is Bart Torvik and why doesn’t his name ring a bell? I personally think this team surprises IF UD arena is open to crowds. I’m starting to think nothing is ever going back to normal
Posted via Mobile Device
I know little about him, he is a Wisconsin Badgers fan, he is the only one anymore that I know of that does season projections whereby he ranks every team after every game and does w/l projections after every game, www.rpiforecast.com used to do that, but rpiforecast folded up shop after the NET took over.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:19 PM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Torvik is a bit like KenPom in that he uses prior season statistical data for both individuals and teams to predict how strong that team will be the coming season, then gradual slides his team strength from projected to actual as games are played.

To be honest, given the graduated players from the last years, it doesn't surprise me that UD would be a little lower ranked than where they should end up (assuming things come together at a reasonable pace). I always find his preseason projections on individual player stats interesting.

https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Dayton&year=2022

I'm not all that versed on a lot of the new age stat lingo, but the thing that jumps out at me, that I've also have mentioned could be a huge key is finding a high volume, high % 3 point shooter or 2.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:56 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Loving Dayton

"The star with the big contract is never going to remember Dayton or credit Dayton for his standing "

I think Obi would argue this is not always a true statement . . .I think Seth Curry would agree with Obi . . .
Old 09-04-2021, 05:30 PM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GoFlyer View Post
"The star with the big contract is never going to remember Dayton or credit Dayton for his standing "

I think Obi would argue this is not always a true statement . . .I think Seth Curry would agree with Obi . . .
So would his brother, Steph.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:51 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
I just realized that Camara is from Belgium. And along with Amzil (Finland), Amaefule (England), Brea (Dominican Republic), Elvis (Canada) and Sissoko (Mali) that means the Flyers have players from seven countries. Is that the most ever for the Flyers? I think it's a tribute to Grant and his crew. Maybe someday they'll land an Australian. I'm really looking forward to this season!
Old 09-08-2021, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mich Flyer View Post
Athlon Basketball Magazine

Saw the Athlon basketball magazine today out in Meijers. They are predicting Dayton to finish 6th in the A-10 - too many unknowns.
I saw the Lindy's magazine tonight at Meijer, I only looked at it for less a minute, they close at midnight now because of the pandemic, no more being open 24 hours, so I didn't have much time to look at it.

Anyway, they picked UD to finish in 5th place in the A10, Amzil was one of the players on the cover, there was an UC, OSU, and X player on the cover too iinm.

I think Street and Smith might have gone out of business, googling them turns up nothing.

Last edited by ud2; 09-08-2021 at 12:06 PM..
Old 09-08-2021, 05:28 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
A10 just put a criptic “soon” tweet. Big Ten just released their conference schedule today. I would expect ours to come out in the next 48 hours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2021, 09:06 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
A10 just put a criptic “soon” tweet. Big Ten just released their conference schedule today. I would expect ours to come out in the next 48 hours.
Posted via Mobile Device

Conference schedule will be released today at 3 PM. really interested to see how many of our games wind up on Peacock as NBCSN is likely going away as a net work in January. also keep in mind the 2022 Olympics will be taking up the better part of the second half of the Atlantic 10 schedule, so I’m curious to see if NBC sports network or Peacock get a bunch of games early.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2021, 10:05 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Conference Schedule released at 3 PM

Our opener was just released... December 30th, in Kingston vs. URI on CBS Sports Network
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post

Our opener was just released... December 30th, in Kingston vs. URI on CBS Sports Network

This is huge. That means there will be no students on campus during this game except for locals. Assuming things are close to normal, not having a student section there is a huge advantage for the away team. If I’m Rhode Island, I’m ****ed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2021, 01:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute

1-0 in conference…
Old 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,452 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Saw the Lindy's basketball magazine today at Meijers. They are predicting a 5th place finish for the Flyers, one slot up to where Athlon had them. Had nothing but great praise for recruit DARON HOLMES II. Said he will be a NBA pick.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:26 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Our conference schedule
https://daytonflyers.com/news/2021/9...-schedule.aspx
Old 09-09-2021, 08:12 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
At St Joe's Again?

Why are we playing on Hawk Hill two years in a row?
Old 09-09-2021, 08:24 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

This is huge. That means there will be no students on campus during this game except for locals. Assuming things are close to normal, not having a student section there is a huge advantage for the away team. If I’m Rhode Island, I’m ****ed.
Posted via Mobile Device
And our first two home games v St Bonaventure and VCU are while Dayton is still on Christmas break.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:02 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
And our first two home games v St Bonaventure and VCU are while Dayton is still on Christmas break.
Who in their right mind puts marquee games like this on the Conference schedule BEFORE the students return to campus? Ay caramba!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2021, 09:45 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
What I see on the travel schedule are two good things: 1) the team and any fans do not have to travel to the brutely cold Buffalo New York in February to play St. Bonaventure and 2) we do not have to play in the A10’s worst arena in Brooklyn New York at Fordham.

I do find it odd that we do not play Davidson in North Carolina. I thought that Davidson was in Dayton’s pod and that we would always play a play Davidson twice (home and away).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2021, 09:53 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
What I see on the travel schedule are two good things: 1) the team and any fans do not have to travel to the brutely cold Buffalo New York in February to play St. Bonaventure and 2) we do not have to play in the A10’s worst arena in Brooklyn New York at Fordham.

I do find it odd that we do not play Davidson in North Carolina. I thought that Davidson was in Dayton’s pod and that we would always play a play Davidson twice (home and away).
Posted via Mobile Device
We usually play Davidson one time a year with alternating sites, likewise with Richmond. We played at Davidson last year.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:58 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
"Counting games at the ESPN Events Invitational, Dayton will play six games on an ESPN outlet, six on the CBS Sports Network and three on NBC Universal. In the non-conference schedule, UD's home game with Virginia Tech Sunday, Dec. 12 is on an ESPN-affiliated broadcast network. All games in the A-10 tournament will also be nationally televised."

So that only accounts for 16 games on TV. Still a mystery where the others will land.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:16 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
Why are we playing on Hawk Hill two years in a row?
We were to play them here last year, but COVID screwed it up and we ended up playing there. It will be 3 straight years at Hawk Hill.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Checked SMU and Ole Miss website schedules. They don't have TV listed for most of their games yet. Ole Miss will probably be on the SECN. All of our home games and away conference games are usually on ESPN+ unless they are being carried by another TV network.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Back to the travel schedule, I’ve always thought that Dayton’s schedules always have the advantage of traveling to big cities. Traveling to/fro big cities is easier for the team and for fans. Also, it is easier for media to cover the games. I think players are more interested in playing in big cities where friends and/or family can travel to see the games more easily. I look at these other conferences and their travel schedules are to these small dinky towns that are only university towns. There is nothing there. There is nothing there but the university. Everyone must have a complex travel itinerary just to get there and back. There are no jobs at these locations; so once a kid graduates; they must move away and traveling back to watch a game is complex. You can’t just fly in for the game and fly out.

The schedule this year is mostly big cities and pretty nice destinations where there is a lot of media coverage and things for fans to do pre and post game. The players must like it, as well. List includes: Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Oxford Mississippi, Kingston Rhode Island, Washington D.C. ( 1 plus tournament), Pittsburgh PA, Farifax VA, Richmond VA (twice), St. Louis Missouri and Philadelphia PA.

I have always thought that traveling to these big cities should be an advantage in recruiting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Any one know what nbc universal means. The nbc sports channel is shutting down so where will the games be seen?
USA network or peacock?
Old 09-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Furio View Post
Any one know what nbc universal means. The nbc sports channel is shutting down so where will the games be seen?
USA network or peacock?

NBC Universal could mean USA or Peacock, or oxygen, or CNBC, basically, they are saying, they don’t know where that game will land yet. My guess based on the fact they are promoting the crap out of Notre Dame this weekend, it’s going to be peacock. The majority of halftime during the NFL opening night was dedicated to discussing how “great it is “that Notre Dame Toledo will be exclusively streamed on Peacock. NBC seems absolutely hell-bent on moving all of their sports properties over there. They know that nobody is going to subscribe to peacock just to watch friends episodes for the eighth time.
Notably, we have no games on NBC Universal scheduled during the month of February, which makes sense given all hands will be on deck for their winter Olympics coverage. I have not looked at other school schedules to see if NBC Universal is broadcasting other A10 games during the month of February.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2021, 01:00 PM
Colonel

A couple other TV notes,
I believe as part of the new SEC deal, a couple of nonconference basketball games at SCC sites, could be moved to ESPN plus. So, we still may end up watching ESPN plus.
I would also project our game against SMU to be on ESPN plus. Of course, depending on what else is happening, someone like ESPNU could carry that game. I believe CBS Sports net work also has rights to the American. However, given that CBS Sports network announced all their other games, I would imagine this game would’ve been announced as part of that package.
Finally, one more comment concerning NBC sports. I would love to know in the contract the Atlantic 10 signed last fall if NBC had the right to move any and all games they broadcast to a streaming only platform. The words somebody would want to look for our linear television, a.k.a. traditional cable, versus streaming.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2021, 07:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Please note that the Fordham Rams play their home games at "historic" Rose Hill Gym" on their campus in the Bronx. Brooklyn is a tad further south and never to be confused with the Bronx!

Last edited by Bill McPeek; 09-10-2021 at 07:26 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-10-2021), Hyde Park Flyer (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 08:00 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
We were to play them here last year, but COVID screwed it up and we ended up playing there. It will be 3 straight years at Hawk Hill.
Well, THAT freaking sucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2021, 08:01 PM
General of the Air Force

NBC Universal could mean USA or Peacock, or oxygen, or CNBC, basically, they are saying, they don’t know where that game will land yet. My guess based on the fact they are promoting the crap out of Notre Dame this weekend, it’s going to be peacock. The majority of halftime during the NFL opening night was dedicated to discussing how “great it is “that Notre Dame Toledo will be exclusively streamed on Peacock. NBC seems absolutely hell-bent on moving all of their sports properties over there. They know that nobody is going to subscribe to peacock just to watch friends episodes for the eighth time.
Notably, we have no games on NBC Universal scheduled during the month of February, which makes sense given all hands will be on deck for their winter Olympics coverage. I have not looked at other school schedules to see if NBC Universal is broadcasting other A10 games during the month of February.
Posted via Mobile Device
As long as we’re not on Telemundo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 01:08 PM

Updated today

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
Old 09-16-2021, 04:38 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
expected.....

let's see how and what kind of team CAG develops,
under the radar is fine by me.. want to see how they
perform on the court..
Old 09-20-2021, 11:27 AM
Lieutenant General

There is a thoughtful, well written lengthy article in "The Athletic" today on Dayton upcoming year which includes information on each player. Staff and players were interviewed for this article.
https://theathletic.com/2830652/2021...d&redirected=1

“Think about this,” assistant coach Ricardo Greer says, “because this is interesting: None of the guys on our team have ever played in front of a full crowd in UD Arena. None of them. Not one. We’ve had guys who dress up to play — but they haven’t actually played.”

The good news here is that the vibes are uniformly positive. “How can I put this?” Weaver said. “Everybody really wants to get better. A lot of new guys come in and just say it: ‘Oh yeah, we’re going to be good, sure we want to get better.’ But these guys, you can really see it. They ask questions. They pay attention. They work hard. It’s kind of, like, contagious. It makes me want to work hard, too.”

Amzil barely knew his teammates’ names, or his way around campus. “I had no expectations of anything, honestly,” he said. He finished his debut with 22 points on 9-of-14 shooting anyway. “When I was the A-10 player of the week, I was like, what? I didn’t even know that was an award they gave out.”

Amzil’s well-honed ability to step away from the rim might also allow Grant to get his top recruit, DaRon Holmes, into his best lineup combinations, too.
15 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BOF02 (09-22-2021), ClaytonFlyerFan (09-20-2021), Columbia Blue (09-20-2021), DGO67 (09-21-2021), Flyer 86 (10-13-2021), jack72 (09-20-2021), MrFlyerFanatic (09-20-2021), Ready Action (09-20-2021), rollo (09-20-2021), Runnin' Rebel (09-21-2021), San Diego Flyer (10-07-2021), Sea Bass (09-20-2021), springborofan (09-20-2021), TA111 (09-20-2021), The Fly (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 02:17 PM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Just read the Athletic piece. Very well done. For those of you without a subscription I highly recommend signing up.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-20-2021), springborofan (09-20-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Lieutenant General

Four Reason to be Excited for the Start of the Season
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...OJTUQ37Z6COMQ/
Excerpts
The Thrill of the Unknown.
“I would say in college basketball, you want to be experienced,” Grant told Blue Ribbon, “and we’re inexperienced in terms of guys who have played with each other or have played college basketball for extended periods of time.”
“I’m still figuring us out,” Grant told The Athletic in September. “I couldn’t tell you right now our starting five. I couldn’t tell you right now who I think will be our top three scorers, or anything like that. All of it is a work in progress.”

The Return of the Fans

The Potential of the Newcomers
Brooks Hall: Do I think this team will be very good moving forward to next year? Absolutely. Just this year, specifically, you don’t know how quickly guys are going to adjust to the speed of the game and the physicality. All those things are unknown. Now I think they’ll be top four in the league. I think the people that are thinking that they’ll be bottom half of the league are nuts because at the end of the day, potential in the A-10 translates better than potential in the Power Five. It’s less guesswork.”

The Talent of the Returners
on Amzil: “I think he fits the system well,” Waleskowski said. “He’s similar to myself. He’s not super athletic. He’s not going to wow you with his physical skills, but he gets the job done. If he continues to build on that and not have any type of sophomore slump, especially now that there’s film out there on him, he can be big.”
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (10-04-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 09:50 AM
Major General

Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
My Prediction

20-11 Overall and 13-5 in the A-10. Thanks M21eagle45. I missed the Lipscomb game.

Last edited by Alberto Strasse; 10-03-2021 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: I missed a game on the schedule.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
19-11 Overall and 13-5 in the A-10.
Which non-conference game will we not be playing? We play 31 games this year.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 10:57 AM

“I’m still figuring us out,” Grant told The Athletic in September. “I couldn’t tell you right now our starting five. I couldn’t tell you right now who I think will be our top three scorers, or anything like that. All of it is a work in progress.”

He needs to ask some of the posters on this site. They have it down to projected minutes played.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-13-2021), Glen Clark (10-03-2021), San Diego Flyer (10-07-2021), springborofan (10-04-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 12:32 PM
Major General

I Missed the Lipscomb Game

20-11 overall
13-5 A-10
Old 10-03-2021, 03:43 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post

He needs to ask some of the posters on this site. They have it down to projected minutes played.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds positive. Maybe we have better than the 4th best guard on the 7th place team in A10 and the third best guard on a pitifully last place team in the Big East to start for us. Surely Camara starts. Would think Amzil likely. But if we have better, then we might be formidable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2021, 09:47 AM
Major General

My Starters Guess

Sight unseen here is my guess for the starters.
Weaver
Blakeney
Amzil
Camara
Holmes
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Hyde Park Flyer (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 11:18 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
This is coach speak. 3/5 starters were known before practice began.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (10-04-2021), rollo (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 02:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Sight unseen here is my guess for the starters.
Weaver
Blakeney
Amzil
Camara
Holmes
I agree except maybe Brea or Elvis at the 2 guard instead of Blakeney. It will be interesting with so many new faces this year.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-15-2021)
Old 10-07-2021, 04:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Bummer about Mali

David Jablonski @DavidPJablonski
17m

Watched about 15 minutes of Dayton’s practice. Everyone participating except Malachi Smith and Zimi Nwokeji. Smith was on sideline in a boot. Grant said he’s been out several weeks but hopes to have him back soon.
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (10-07-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 02:35 PM

From the DDN:

"Weaver, the player on the roster with the most experience, gave his quick thoughts on freshman class Thursday.

On DaRon Holmes, who was the highest-ranked incoming freshman in the Atlantic 10 Conferences, Weaver said, “He comes in hungry, aggressive every day. He wants to get better every day. Just a good kid overall.”

On Lynn Greer III, Weaver said, “I’m super excited about Lynn. I can’t wait to see how he does this year and how he progresses over the years. He’s a super good freshman, very talented.”

On Malachi Smith, who watched practice Thursday from the sideline with a boot on his foot, Weaver said, “He’s a pest. He gets after it. High energy. I love the kid.”

On Kaleb Washington, a 6-7 forward, Weaver said, “He’s learning every day. He’s a good kid. He has a lot of potential.”
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (10-12-2021), FIFO28 (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 08:17 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
From the DDN:

"Weaver, the player on the roster with the most experience, gave his quick thoughts on freshman class Thursday.

On DaRon Holmes, who was the highest-ranked incoming freshman in the Atlantic 10 Conferences, Weaver said, “He comes in hungry, aggressive every day. He wants to get better every day. Just a good kid overall.”

On Lynn Greer III, Weaver said, “I’m super excited about Lynn. I can’t wait to see how he does this year and how he progresses over the years. He’s a super good freshman, very talented.”

On Malachi Smith, who watched practice Thursday from the sideline with a boot on his foot, Weaver said, “He’s a pest. He gets after it. High energy. I love the kid.”

On Kaleb Washington, a 6-7 forward, Weaver said, “He’s learning every day. He’s a good kid. He has a lot of potential.”
From UDPride:

LHSGolf: Good kid, has a nose for talent.

Figgie: Good kid, knows the offense down the the fourth decimal place.

Rollo: Good kid, two words: "Great pics"
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-13-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 02:50 PM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Norlander's 1-358 Rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...021-22-season/

That link takes you to 69-200, but you can navigate to the other rankings from there. Here's his write up on UD:

71. Dayton: Everyone of consequence from the 29-2 team two years ago has moved on but that doesn't mean the Flyers can't angle for a Big Dance bid. I don't know where the predictive metrics will have UD in the preseason, but I think it's a safe guess to say I'll be at least 25 spots more generous here. I'm trusting Anthony Grant.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...021-22-season/

That link takes you to 69-200, but you can navigate to the other rankings from there. Here's his write up on UD:

71. Dayton: Everyone of consequence from the 29-2 team two years ago has moved on but that doesn't mean the Flyers can't angle for a Big Dance bid. I don't know where the predictive metrics will have UD in the preseason, but I think it's a safe guess to say I'll be at least 25 spots more generous here. I'm trusting Anthony Grant.
So, he is saying that the predictive metrics have them at #96, the top 144 countdown must be using similar metrics to arrive at their #102 pick. Last year was a very unusual year, I think the pre-season metrics for this year are likely flawed. They are better than #96 or #102 IMO.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:32 PM
General of the Air Force

UD will be playing against West Virginia in a "Secret Scrimmage" next Saturday in Columbus.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (10-16-2021), hawkoooo (10-15-2021), Jeff (10-15-2021), John C. (10-15-2021), OSU Flyer (10-15-2021), rollo (10-15-2021), Runnin' Rebel (10-15-2021), The Fly (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:41 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
For me this has to be the most interesting season in a long time. With so many newcomers I could believe almost anything playing out this year
Old 10-15-2021, 08:00 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
My guess, and it's just a guess is that Daron doesn't start. Yet.
I predict he becomes a starter between games 5 and 8.

Maybe Richard in the post. New transfer.

Pretty certain on these 3:
Weaver and Blakeny
Camara

Most likely Amzil. Could Zimi possibly work his way into a Starter? Coach Grant has many "good problems " to deal with.

Frankly , whoever it is... I foresee a Top 25 team this year
We are frea*ing loaded
Old 10-16-2021, 09:36 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post

Weaver and Blakeny
Camara

Most likely Amzil. Could Zimi possibly work his way into a Starter? Coach Grant has many "good problems " to deal with.

We are frea*ing loaded
Weaver
Blakney
Amzil
Camara
Holmes

My wildcard for 6th man will be Brea
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2021, 11:02 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,324 Times in 443 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Weaver
Blakney
Amzil
Camara
Holmes

My wildcard for 6th man will be Brea
Posted via Mobile Device
This lineup would be a change form last couple years, where we were basically starting 2 point guards - after Weaver there isn't another ball handler in the lineup. Though I can't say I've ever seen Blakney bring the ball the ball up the court.
Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 11:19 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Weaver and Blakeny
Camara

We are frea*ing loaded
I agree with your summary with one caveat. With all that supposed talent, Coach has his work cut out for him to accumulate a top 25 win/loss record. We are young, untested, and hungry. Will it all work together to yield a top 25 ranking. Stay tuned.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 12:05 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute

Weaver and Blakeny
Camara

We are frea*ing loaded
Yes, we are loaded with talent it appears. But we're loaded with talent either lacking experience playing college basketball or lacking experience playing a meaningful amount of minutes together.

This team might gel as the season goes on, but to me that means they could get to the NCAA tourny by winning conference tournament and probably won't sniff close to top 25.

That's not a knock on this team. It is what it is at the moment. But if AG can keep the most talented with the best chemistry together through 2023, I think next year you'll be talking top 25 and possibly even better than that.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:00 PM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Yes, we are loaded with talent it appears. But we're loaded with talent either lacking experience playing college basketball or lacking experience playing a meaningful amount of minutes together.

This team might gel as the season goes on, but to me that means they could get to the NCAA tourny by winning conference tournament and probably won't sniff close to top 25.

That's not a knock on this team. It is what it is at the moment. But if AG can keep the most talented with the best chemistry together through 2023, I think next year you'll be talking top 25 and possibly even better than that.
Top 25 seems overly optimistic, particularly given that many teams will benefit from 5th and 6th year players. We on the other hand are primarily counting on underclassmen and unknowns. We have nothing exceptional in the backcourt. In the front court, save Camara we have no one who’s been more than average so far. At this juncture we more likely closer to #100 than #25.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2021, 06:12 PM
General

Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
I think top 25 or 30 could happen latter part of the tear. I'm not hung up rankings, we just gotta win our Conference once and for all.

But we do have:
Greer
Mali Smith
Richard A
Amzil

Camara.

Lots good ones in our new Underclassmen!
Old 10-16-2021, 11:52 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Gary Parrish was recently on the Screen the Screener podcast (somewhere in the last 10 minutes - https://www.spreaker.com/user/sthespodcast/gary-parrish) and they asked about Freshman that may be off the radar but could put up impressive numbers and he mentioned Holmes.

Said he is not a scout and has never seen him play but that the A10 rarely gets top-50 so they are usually much better than the competition
Old 10-17-2021, 12:03 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure what the right call is but I'd be shocked if a guy as highly touted as Holmes came here and didn't start
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (10-17-2021), steverino015 (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 12:51 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I'm not sure what the right call is but I'd be shocked if a guy as highly touted as Holmes came here and didn't start
Top 40 talent doesn’t sit at UK as freshmen. I doubt Holmes does at UD.

I view Holmes to be similar to Tre Mitchell at UMass the past two years. Mitchell averaged 17.7ppg and 7.2 rpg his freshman season.

It sounds like Holmes is better at D and maybe not as gifted offensively as Mitchell, and UD has other talent that was lacking at UMass. I expect about 12ppg and 7-8 rpg from Holmes. Also, I trust TA111 when he said Holmes greatest contribution will be on the defensive side which I assume includes defensive rebounds.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:20 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
"My wildcard for 6th man will be Brea"

OMG, don't let Maddog read this. He is already out on the ledge.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
We are frea*ing loaded
I think shooting and defense will determine how far this team goes, and I am not sure what to expect from either.
Mad Props to flyerfanatic86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-22-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 11:17 AM
Major General

Consensus is Developing Within A-10 Circles

Dayton will have the best front line but the question will be if the guards are willing and able to get them the ball in scoring position. Dayton has traditionally been a perimeter scoring team with a weak interior. This year should be different for the Flyers. The big question mark will be if the UD stars can do the dirty work...rebound and defend.
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-22-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 12:33 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Top 40 talent doesn’t sit at UK as freshmen. I doubt Holmes does at UD.

I view Holmes to be similar to Tre Mitchell at UMass the past two years. Mitchell averaged 17.7ppg and 7.2 rpg his freshman season.

It sounds like Holmes is better at D and maybe not as gifted offensively as Mitchell, and UD has other talent that was lacking at UMass. I expect about 12ppg and 7-8 rpg from Holmes. Also, I trust TA111 when he said Holmes greatest contribution will be on the defensive side which I assume includes defensive rebounds.
Comparing against KY is a bad comparison IMO. Of course he's not going to sit and if that's what you mean, I agree. But if you really meant "start", it's probably not true about KY. Because KY gets top 5, 10, 15, 20 talent. And they get huge turnover due to one and dones. But I'm pretty sure that KY doesn't automatically pencil in a guy ranked toward the bottom of top 40 unless the turnover, and his play in practice, dictates it.

I can see scenarios where Holmes might not be the best option to start right out of the gate. However, if he doesn't work his way into the starting lineup by New Years, then I'd say we might have a problem.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Comparing against KY is a bad comparison IMO. Of course he's not going to sit and if that's what you mean, I agree. But if you really meant "start", it's probably not true about KY. Because KY gets top 5, 10, 15, 20 talent. And they get huge turnover due to one and dones. But I'm pretty sure that KY doesn't automatically pencil in a guy ranked toward the bottom of top 40 unless the turnover, and his play in practice, dictates it.

I can see scenarios where Holmes might not be the best option to start right out of the gate. However, if he doesn't work his way into the starting lineup by New Years, then I'd say we might have a problem.
I remember having a similar discussion about Chris Wright who I believe was our then highest ever recruit. Clearly a different coach and team but both those play in Holmes’ favor as AG has started freshman day1 but more importantly there aren’t any upperclassmen here at his spot that has already earned the starting loyalty of AG.

I’d be totally shocked if Holmes is 100% and doesn’t start. On a side note, I watched him hit I think 7 of 9 threes in one set during the open shooting warmups. Most hit nothing but the net. His form looked real good. If he can be a true threat from 3 day1 he’s starting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-19-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 01:45 PM
General of the Air Force

I remember having a similar discussion about Chris Wright who I believe was our then highest ever recruit. Clearly a different coach and team but both those play in Holmes’ favor as AG has started freshman day1 but more importantly there aren’t any upperclassmen here at his spot that has already earned the starting loyalty of AG.

I’d be totally shocked if Holmes is 100% and doesn’t start. On a side note, I watched him hit I think 7 of 9 threes in one set during the open shooting warmups. Most hit nothing but the net. His form looked real good. If he can be a true threat from 3 day1 he’s starting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2021, 01:48 PM
General of the Air Force

I’ve seen DaRon play live and on TV and he is a 3 level scorer. For those interested you can look up some of his HS film and check it out. Frankly, he’s a talent teams in the A10 don’t get too often.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2021, 02:08 PM
General

Posted via Mobile Device
I agree he might start. But his ranking isn't what's going to get him into the starting lineup, his performance in practice will. This season is so different from any other season for two significant reasons. One is that we have the least experience of players and players playing together and the other is we have a team with an excess number of bigs.

It could mean that Zimi and Mustapha are a little ahead of Holmes as far as AG's system goes and that could mean it takes a little longer for Holmes to catch up. Especially with Camara looking like a lock to take one of the other big spots. Also, it might be that the team plays better small out of the gate and RJ might take one of the Forward spots.

DeRon should be a starter by season's end, but one thing I know about AG is he's not going to hand the starting spot to him based on his expected potential but on his current performance. If he's in the starting lineup day one, it tells me he's earned it not been handed it. That would be a great thing. I hope it works out that way.

Last edited by Smitty10; 10-18-2021 at 02:11 PM..
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-22-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 03:16 PM
Brigadier General

We’re splitting hairs here Smitty. My assumption is that the same talent that made him a top 40 recruit will be so apparent in practice that he starts. I don’t think AG, or any other coach worth his weight, hands a starting role based only on press clippings.

Your point about UK is valid. I should have said “top recruits at UK”. It’s all relative to the other recruits, I suppose. The point is that most schools who bring in top tier talent don’t sit them just because they are young/inexperienced. Not talented enough, sure but that goes back to the point made in first paragraph.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:28 PM
General

Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
We’re splitting hairs here Smitty. My assumption is that the same talent that made him a top 40 recruit will be so apparent in practice that he starts. I don’t think AG, or any other coach worth his weight, hands a starting role based only on press clippings.

Your point about UK is valid. I should have said “top recruits at UK”. It’s all relative to the other recruits, I suppose. The point is that most schools who bring in top tier talent don’t sit them just because they are young/inexperienced. Not talented enough, sure but that goes back to the point made in first paragraph.
Well, I guess my point is that AG starts the 5 that are most conducive to winning. And what I didn't touch on but was also in my thought process is that 35th rated recruit or whatever he was, out of the gate might not be as ready as the other nicely rated recruits like Zimi or Mustapha who have a season's head start on DeRon and also have had more time to develop chemistry together and with EW and the other carryovers from last season.

And again, I'm throwing out possibilities. You also could be right that DeRon's talent puts him ahead of them already. I'm not predicting either way, just stating the possibilities that could keep DeRon from starting on day one.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:14 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
One thing that DaRon brings to the table is elite level D. He matched up against Duke recruit Paolo Banchero last year. This is the kid that many evaluators have as a 1st team All American and he has not even suited up for the Dukies yet . Compass Prep beat his team and Banchero was 7-21 from the field. The 7 makes were dunks— he missed every non-flush that he attempted. DaRon blocked a couple of his shots and affected a few others.

Holmes is gonna be a beast.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-22-2021), fuz_forward (10-19-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-18-2021), Sea Bass (10-18-2021), SLUFLYER (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 04:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
One thing that DaRon brings to the table is elite level D. He matched up against Duke recruit Paolo Banchero last year. This is the kid that many evaluators have as a 1st team All American and he has not even suited up for the Dukies yet . Compass Prep beat his team and Banchero was 7-21 from the field. The 7 makes were dunks— he missed every non-flush that he attempted. DaRon blocked a couple of his shots and affected a few others.

Holmes is gonna be a beast.
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually Banchero was 7-25 from the field and DaRon really frustrated him in the second half. It was really a great defensive performance against a great player.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:46 PM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Holmes will start Day One!
Mad Props to flybye For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 05:25 PM
Lieutenant General

Dayton will have the best front line but the question will be if the guards are willing and able to get them the ball in scoring position. Dayton has traditionally been a perimeter scoring team with a weak interior. This year should be different for the Flyers. The big question mark will be if the UD stars can do the dirty work...rebound and defend.
Better than #23 Bonaventure with Osunniyi, maybe the best traditional big in the country and Pitt transfer and Abdoul Coulibaly and Anouar Mellouk.?

Better than Richmond with Grant Golden and Cayo? Plus new Comers?

And upper class men, some 5th or 6th year players. I find it hard to put our guys above them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2021, 05:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Since Daron Holmes is a topic of discussion, Here's a quote from today's DDN article about the freshmen:
“I feel I’m pretty ready,” Holmes said. “We’ve got a young team, but honestly, I feel we have a great team, so I feel we’re going to do great.”

Lynn Greer: “When we first came here, we were clueless of what was expected,” he said. “I think coach AG (Anthony Grant) did a great job of just building us up and creating better players out of us.”

Fun Fact
Last week Lynn posted one of his photo day pics on instagram. Got this response from Kevin Durant
"Let’s get it gang…AG gonna take care of u"

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 10-18-2021 at 06:30 PM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (10-19-2021), Glen Clark (10-18-2021), John C. (10-18-2021), San Diego Flyer (10-19-2021), Smitty10 (10-18-2021), steverino015 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:07 PM
General

Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Between this thread and the "Henny Penny" thread, it's as if all the udpride bears came out of hibernation.

Let the excellence in commentary begin!
Old 10-19-2021, 01:06 AM

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Better than Richmond with Grant Golden and Cayo? Plus new Comers?
Golden might be the most overrated player in the league. Gets his points against the nobodies, but vs the good players is completely shut down. Just be physical or athletic against him and he wilts. Doesnt scare me one bit. Camara will eat him alive. He won't eat him as fast as Obi, but it will still be dinner time.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (10-19-2021), Sea Bass (10-19-2021), The Fly (10-19-2021), TXFlyerFan (10-19-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 11:39 AM
Lieutenant General

Next Week October 28 the Flyers participate in the A10 Media Day which will be virtual and carried on ESPN+

9:45 am Anthony Grant, Toumani Camara, Elijah Weaver
10:05 am Shauna Green, Kyla Whitehead, Jenna Giacone
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-19-2021), Runnin' Rebel (10-19-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 02:02 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Here are the highlights from the Compass Prep game vs. Paolo Banchero’s squad:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSOmcWA7Xk&t=0h0m1s

I lied—Banchero did make a three.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2021, 05:29 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Well, I guess my point is that AG starts the 5 that are most conducive to winning. And what I didn't touch on but was also in my thought process is that 35th rated recruit or whatever he was, out of the gate might not be as ready as the other nicely rated recruits like Zimi or Mustapha who have a season's head start on DeRon and also have had more time to develop chemistry together and with EW and the other carryovers from last season.

And again, I'm throwing out possibilities. You also could be right that DeRon's talent puts him ahead of them already. I'm not predicting either way, just stating the possibilities that could keep DeRon from starting on day one.
DaRon
Old 10-19-2021, 07:21 PM
General

Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago View Post
DaRon
Ooops, I guess I now have to take the side of using initials in the Henny Penny thread.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyerfan47 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 08:56 PM
Colonel

2 more tip times were announced. SMU on December 8 is at 8 PM Eastern and Oll Mis will be 6:30 p.m. on the 18th. Of note, that game is on SEC network.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2021, 09:38 PM
Brigadier General

I'm in the Holmes will start day one camp, though I just moved in recently.

This debate is much less intriguing than the guard debate anyway. If Zimi starts but Holmes plays 25 mins or vice versa does it matter?

The real question is who starts alongside Weaver. Logic tells me Elvis. End of last year tells me Brea. Then you have wildcards like RJ and Greer. Can't wait to find out.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (10-20-2021), steverino015 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 02:35 PM
Colonel

What happened to Justin Lovette? His picture and bio profile was on the university of Dayton basketball roster. Now, I look at the roster page and his name has been removed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2021, 04:15 PM
General of the Air Force

What happened to Justin Lovette? His picture and bio profile was on the university of Dayton basketball roster. Now, I look at the roster page and his name has been removed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Was wondering that too, I liked him as well.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:10 AM

Who is Lovette? Walkon?
Old 10-23-2021, 04:56 PM
General

Who is Lovette? Walkon?

Yessir. With a nice resume
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 05:54 PM
General

Any news on the secret scrimmage?
Old 10-23-2021, 08:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Any news on the secret scrimmage?
Looks like they lost, which is no big deal, we never win them ha
Old 10-24-2021, 11:51 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Holmes will start Day One!
I'm in this camp too...

Pencil in Holmes starting right off
the get to
Old 10-24-2021, 01:43 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Weaver
Brea
Blakney
Amzil
Camara
Old 10-24-2021, 06:05 PM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Bigs

Was rummaging through old stuff and ran across this tidbit. In the 2016-17 season, Dayton only had two players on their roster that were 6-8 or taller. Every A10 Team except VCU had more (they had one). This season Dayton has five at 6-8 or taller. If nothing else we should be able to defend the post and rebound better. Contrast between recruiting priority and recruiting ability.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:38 PM
General of the Air Force

https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...858912776?s=20

Could be something, could be nothing... 5 Red Jerseys:

Weaver
Elvis
Brea
Camara
Holmes

Starting Lineup?
Old 10-24-2021, 11:54 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...858912776?s=20

Could be something, could be nothing... 5 Red Jerseys:

Weaver
Elvis
Brea
Camara
Holmes

Starting Lineup?
Amzil has to be in there somewhere.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:17 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Class of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
Amzil has to be in there somewhere.
If he is not that is a very, very good sign!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Class of 73 Alum For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (10-25-2021), jack72 (10-25-2021), San Diego Flyer (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 03:51 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
My guess:

Weaver
Brea
Amzil
Holmes
Camara
Old 10-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Game Times?

Does anyone have a clue on game times for the first few games? Website still has TBA's for the first four regular season games. Kinda silly to not have these game times set by now. Thanks for any help!
Old 10-25-2021, 06:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Does anyone have a clue on game times for the first few games? Website still has TBA's for the first four regular season games. Kinda silly to not have these game times set by now. Thanks for any help!
If they are during the week, they will probably be 7
Old 10-26-2021, 11:38 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
My guess:

Weaver
Brea
Amzil
Holmes
Camara
I think this is by far the most probable. The only thing that gives me pause is AG's historical desire to have two ball handlers on the court at the same time.

If Amzil is completely healthy but not in the starting lineup, expectations are going to go through the roof literally "from the jump." I'm not sure how many D1 teams Mus wouldn't start on but it is close enough to zero to be statistically irrelevant.

Last edited by hawkoooo; 10-26-2021 at 11:41 AM..
Old 10-26-2021, 12:02 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,324 Times in 443 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen Brea, Elvis, and Blakney as possible starters at 2 guard.

Do you all think Greer is capable yet of challenging those 3?

Also thinking it may their defensive capabilities that gets them into the starting lineup - who do you all think is best of these 3 or 4 players defensively? Blakney?