Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-21-2022, 10:20 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
2022-23 let’s go!

This year was what it was. There are plenty of threads on this board to discuss postmortems. Let’s talk about what we have to look forward to starting in November.
1. transfers. Does AG keep the nucleus of this team together? How will Mongolian Mike actually fit in?
2. Turkey day in the Bahamas? The battle for Atlantis will tell us very early on how tournament ready we are. Just as important I think, the games prior to and afterward will also tell us how seriously we take what will hopefully be lesser opponents.
3. road game at Virginia Tech. I don’t think we are on the road for any return games besides that one?
4. Re-shuffling of Atlantic 10 pods. Do they stick with geography, having a northeast five, a mid Atlantic five, and a western five with us and Loyola Chicago? Do they look at net ratings or other metrics to determine pods?
5. If we only play Rhode Island once, does Archie return to Blackburn Court?
6. Regardless of how well we do, because of the overall conference, do we still need to go to the Atlantic 10 semi‘s in order to dance?
7. Closest first round site is Columbus, closest regional is Louisville.
Discuss!
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2022), Glen Clark (03-21-2022), Justin (04-03-2022), SLUFLYER (03-21-2022)
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2022, 03:30 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
I feel like number one is the key to the rest. Of the five starters I would say there is a 100% certainty that Homes' phone will blow up with offers from the big boys. I think he is happy at UD, but he may decide he is happier at Arizona or UCLA or Kentucky etc.. As for Mike, if he is as good as advertised he will be a starter and I feel like the odd man out is RJ. He may decide he doesn't want to be a sixth man. Same for Brea, but I feel pretty confident he will be back. Camara might decide to go play pro ball in Europe. I think he would be better off with another year of college ball, but who knows what he thinks? As for the rest of the team, I think they will all be back except Zimi. Zimi looks like he has already checked out.
The other big unknown is Grant. Will he take the Florida job? I hope not, but that is the one college job I would be worried about. If he does I have my fingers crossed that they give the job to Ricardo Greer. I think we wouldn't miss a beat with that guy.
I will call it now, your 2023 Chris Daniles award winner, Moulaye Sisoko!

Last edited by The Gem; 03-21-2022 at 03:36 PM..
Old 03-21-2022, 03:36 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I'm 100% confident that Grant will not be taking the Florida job. Just call it a hunch.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-21-2022), CT Flyer (03-21-2022), CvilleFlyer (03-21-2022), Flyer 86 (03-21-2022), SLUFLYER (03-31-2022), TA111 (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 03:43 PM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
The Clash said it all -- Should I stay or should I go?
Old 03-31-2022, 12:42 AM
Just off the Jet

Flyerfan42 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
I feel like number one is the key to the rest. Of the five starters I would say there is a 100% certainty that Homes' phone will blow up with offers from the big boys. I think he is happy at UD, but he may decide he is happier at Arizona or UCLA or Kentucky etc.. As for Mike, if he is as good as advertised he will be a starter and I feel like the odd man out is RJ. He may decide he doesn't want to be a sixth man. Same for Brea, but I feel pretty confident he will be back. Camara might decide to go play pro ball in Europe. I think he would be better off with another year of college ball, but who knows what he thinks? As for the rest of the team, I think they will all be back except Zimi. Zimi looks like he has already checked out.
The other big unknown is Grant. Will he take the Florida job? I hope not, but that is the one college job I would be worried about. If he does I have my fingers crossed that they give the job to Ricardo Greer. I think we wouldn't miss a beat with that guy.
I will call it now, your 2023 Chris Daniles award winner, Moulaye Sisoko!
You’re literally speculating most of the team will transfer.. that’s not going to happen. Zimi is a possibility for sure but everyone else seems happy in their roles. Following them on social
Media, they’re a tight knit bunch. I would be highly surprised if anyone outside of zimi transfers at this point . Who knows though?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2022, 03:12 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerfan42 View Post
You’re literally speculating most of the team will transfer.. that’s not going to happen. Zimi is a possibility for sure but everyone else seems happy in their roles. Following them on social
Media, they’re a tight knit bunch. I would be highly surprised if anyone outside of zimi transfers at this point . Who knows though?
Posted via Mobile Device
This from the story about Weaver entering the portal:

"According to a source, UD does not expect to lose any more players to the portal as of now. If Dayton loses no one else, it will return all five starters and seven of its top eight scorers."

key phrases: "does not expect" and "as of now"

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...J5YWLZRC6Q2WQ/
Old 04-01-2022, 08:41 AM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Flyerfan42 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Just speculating what I think the chances are of various players staying or going. If the article in DDN is right, then UD is in great shape.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:51 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
…I will call it now, your 2023 Chris Daniles award winner, Moulaye Sisoko!
Sad to say, but I hope the rest of your post ages better than this part did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-02-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 03:18 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Sad to say, but I hope the rest of your post ages better than this part did.
Posted via Mobile Device
If he lands at another A10 school, he could still win it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-01-2022), The Gem (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 08:46 AM
Colonel

UDGutter2 is right, LOL.
I guess that's the thing about bold predictions, there is a good chance they don't age well. Seriously though, I am surprised he transferred. He gave us 100% right up the end though so good for him.
Mad Props to The Gem For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-04-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 09:43 AM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
There used to be a page with a list of incoming players, projected recruits and current players. It was just text, but really helpful to put things in perspective. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
Old 04-03-2022, 02:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
There used to be a page with a list of incoming players, projected recruits and current players. It was just text, but really helpful to put things in perspective. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
Google: verbalcommits Dayton Flyers
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (04-03-2022), superfan99 (04-04-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 02:16 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
John Huston UD recruiting but I think that site is dead now
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-03-2022), Justin (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 04:35 PM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Having only online access to the team takes it’s toll. Thank you!

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Google: verbalcommits Dayton Flyers
Old 04-04-2022, 09:31 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
John Huston UD recruiting but I think that site is dead now
Posted via Mobile Device
His page is still up
Old 04-04-2022, 11:49 AM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
Can you provide a link TxFF?
Old 04-05-2022, 11:41 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by momszer View Post
Can you provide a link TxFF?
https://sites.google.com/view/udhoopsrecruiting/home
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 12:36 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Jablo with yet another "pap" piece (TM Maddog) regarding all the early Top 25 predictions for UD for next season:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...L362DBEAA37LY/
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 11:27 PM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
I do not know who the h3ll Sam Freedman is, but I really like what he is smoking.

https://twitter.com/Sam_Federman/sta...hmFQhwrjftycjg
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buster For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (04-21-2022), jack72 (04-21-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-21-2022), tirebiter (04-21-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 09:32 AM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I do not know who the h3ll Sam Freedman is, but I really like what he is smoking.

He agrees with Brooks Hall.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:37 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
If we make a nice portal addition this won't be the last top 10 we're spotted in.
Old 04-21-2022, 05:49 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,489 Times in 764 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

The fact that he has Kansas rated above UD tells me he knows nothing about basketball . . . Nice try Sam, do better next time.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:33 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Just think, we could have had a frontcourt of last year and be moving on from:

Obi Toppin
Chase Johnson
Frankie Policelli

One of these things is not like the others...

Last edited by CoffeeCan; 04-22-2022 at 09:40 AM..
Old 04-22-2022, 09:33 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Saw this really well done article tonight from the Flyer News. It focuses on Holmes, Smith, and Washington who reflect on their freshman seasons. Nothing earth shattering or controversial but the guys really gave some good insights and didnt just give basic, standard answers that athletes tend to give. I really enjoyed learning their thoughts regarding campus life and the connection they have with their teammates and their fellow students.

https://flyernews.com/sub/mens-baske...ns/04/22/2022/
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (04-22-2022), CvilleFlyer (04-25-2022), FLYER5 (04-25-2022), flyerfanatic86 (04-25-2022), fuz_forward (04-25-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-23-2022), San Diego Flyer (04-25-2022), Sarge (04-26-2022), Swampy Meadows (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 01:03 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Really looking forward to seeing what a healthy KW brings next year. Had no idea he was struggling with knee issues but liked what i saw in the NIT. Another piece to the puzzle
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-25-2022), Smitty10 (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 10:07 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Andy Katz Power 36

17. Dayton (25): The Flyers were the last team out of the field of 68. They won’t have to sweat on Selection Sunday. They return all five starters, including stars Malachi Smith and DaRon Holmes.

Highest ranking for any Ohio team. Also ranked higher than Villanova and Gonzaga.
Davidson, St Louis, VCU, Loyola-Chicago ranked as under consideration,

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...katzs-power-36
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-26-2022), OSU Flyer (04-26-2022), Runnin' Rebel (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 01:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Really looking forward to seeing what a healthy KW brings next year. Had no idea he was struggling with knee issues but liked what i saw in the NIT. Another piece to the puzzle
Posted via Mobile Device
I think KW is going to be a star for this team. He seems to have all the tools to facilitate the offense. Not sure about his defense, but he's going to get lots of assists and probably be a double digit scorer before it's all said and done. That's of course if his defense is at least up to par.

Maybe this off-season, Scoochie can work with Mali on adding more finishing moves and shots at the rim. I remember Scoochie wasn't a great finisher either his freshman season. How big of a difference would that make if defenders had to guess as to how Mali was going to finish at the rim rather than driving to the right and trying to get fouled?
Old 04-26-2022, 01:55 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I think KW is going to be a star for this team. He seems to have all the tools to facilitate the offense. Not sure about his defense, but he's going to get lots of assists and probably be a double digit scorer before it's all said and done. That's of course if his defense is at least up to par.?
Not to be a negative Nancy and I hope you are right but what do you base this on? We’ve seen Kaleb play in one or two games that wasn’t mop up duty. He had a few good moments in the Toledo game but it takes a lot to project that game to future stardom.

Maybe I’m missing something?
Old 04-26-2022, 02:09 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Not to be a negative Nancy and I hope you are right but what do you base this on? We’ve seen Kaleb play in one or two games that wasn’t mop up duty. He had a few good moments in the Toledo game but it takes a lot to project that game to future stardom.

Maybe I’m missing something?
I base it on his high school resume and that he's shown great vision with his distribution of the ball in very few minutes he's received. Remember this is a kid who was one of our highest rated recruits and from the sound of things coming from him and our coach, plus the actions of playing him during the NIT, makes it look like it was more injury than talent that kept him on the bench this season.

If they didn't see a real bright future for him, I'm pretty sure we'd be talking about him in the transfer thread rather than this one. I see him as being similar of all around player that Pierre was.

Anyway, file this post away and feel free to shove it in my face a year from now if you still feel I'm overstating it. I'll admit to being wrong.

Last edited by Smitty10; 04-26-2022 at 02:13 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 02:30 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think KW is going to be a star for this team. He seems to have all the tools to facilitate the offense. Not sure about his defense, but he's going to get lots of assists and probably be a double digit scorer before it's all said and done. That's of course if his defense is at least up to par.

Maybe this off-season, Scoochie can work with Mali on adding more finishing moves and shots at the rim. I remember Scoochie wasn't a great finisher either his freshman season. How big of a difference would that make if defenders had to guess as to how Mali was going to finish at the rim rather than driving to the right and trying to get fouled?
That happens and the bench is elite
Old 04-26-2022, 03:40 PM
Captain

Dogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant future
I see KW on a similar path as Cohill. Frankly, we would have benefitted a great deal if he had stayed. He came highly touted out of HS, but didn't do much Fr. year and then gradually improved. He left too soon.....or maybe the step down more suited his skills. Time will tell.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:56 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Last season we lost a few games because of inconsistency at the forward position.
Amzil wasn't near the player his sophomore season as he was as a freshman. Blakney, while he played consistent defense, was very inconsistent on his outside shot.

This coming season we add redshirt Richard Amaefule, a injury free Kaleb Washington and now the Georgia transfer Tyrone Baker! It would be great if all three of these players perform up to their potential. With Mike helping at either of the guard positions and even at forward if needed I don't see a weakness! We would be loaded if AG gets a PG only transfer or he could just bank the only scholarship remaining.

I think the general consensus would be to get a PG now from the transfer portal. We just have to believe AG has one in mind. We are fine with what all we have now but we would have to be free of injuries which hardly ever happens over the course of a season!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-24-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 03:30 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I base it on his high school resume and that he's shown great vision with his distribution of the ball in very few minutes he's received. Remember this is a kid who was one of our highest rated recruits and from the sound of things coming from him and our coach, plus the actions of playing him during the NIT, makes it look like it was more injury than talent that kept him on the bench this season.

If they didn't see a real bright future for him, I'm pretty sure we'd be talking about him in the transfer thread rather than this one. I see him as being similar of all around player that Pierre was.

Anyway, file this post away and feel free to shove it in my face a year from now if you still feel I'm overstating it. I'll admit to being wrong.
Like I said, I hope you are correct so I doubt I would shove it in your face. I was just trying to understand what you were projecting from. I’m not as bullish but his pedigree is strong.
Old 05-03-2022, 02:15 PM
General

@Sam_Federman
Best Value bets for 2023 National Champions (FanDuel)

Creighton +3000
Florida +7000
Dayton +8000
Old 05-20-2022, 05:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
DaRon Holmes

Saw the release of this video on Twitter today. Commentary with video of DaRon. Nothing new or earthshaking, but it was certainly enjoyable to listen and watch in anticipation of the upcoming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1mP3Z3zJs
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (05-21-2022), San Diego Flyer (05-20-2022), SC_Flyer (05-27-2022), UDEE79 (06-07-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 06:17 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
DaRon Holmes

Saw the release of this video on Twitter today. Commentary with video of DaRon. Nothing new or earthshaking, but it was certainly enjoyable to listen and watch in anticipation of the upcoming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1mP3Z3zJs
Someone did a masterful job of finding all of DaRon's highights.
May have sent some D1 Coaches flying for their cell phones. His value just went up in several ways.

Thanks for the post !
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (05-21-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-20-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 07:59 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
That isn’t groundbreaking analysis, but he does a great job of completing the analysis. Deuce is a special dude. Great player. Special dude. It’s even more impressive that he does such a great job of playing team ball. There will be times this year that we see very unique things with Mongo Mike and Deuce on the court together. I can’t wait.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-24-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 07:50 PM
Lieutenant General

" The Boys are Back in Town"...Saw a tweet and on a couple of IG stories that the team is back on campus and ready to begin summer training.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:57 PM
General

Bart Torvik who does KenPom style rankings has a preseason prediction

https://barttorvik.com/

Dayton 32
St. Louis 34
Loyola 49
VCU 76
Richmond 98
Davidson 100
George Mason 107
St. Joes 144
Fordham 149

Last three are interesting
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 06:44 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Bart Torvik who does KenPom style rankings has a preseason prediction

https://barttorvik.com/

Dayton 32
St. Louis 34
Loyola 49
VCU 76
Richmond 98
Davidson 100
George Mason 107
St. Joes 144
Fordham 149

Last three are interesting
Interesting look. I know nothing about Loyola, but VCU always is competitive, and is only 2nd to UD in talent. Swap those two.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Dayton MBB IG post
"Basketball is back in session"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeeqR4_O..._web_copy_link
Old 06-07-2022, 01:02 AM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Malachi has become significantly bigger. Good to see, 👍🏽
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-14-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 09:00 AM
Lieutenant General

According to Mike's IG story, he will arrive in Dayton on Monday.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Al (06-11-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
According to Mike's IG story, he will arrive in Dayton on Monday.
Before heading to campus... Mike went for 35 points 16 rebounds 11 assists in a game today

https://www.instagram.com/p/CetKSfQj...f-5f6fc1680669

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 06-12-2022 at 10:42 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (06-12-2022), jack72 (06-12-2022), San Diego Flyer (06-12-2022), springborofan (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 03:00 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
A Box Score was located

Full Stat Line:
35 Points
16 Rebounds
11 Assists
4 Steals
2 Blocks
6 Turnovers
(12-24 FG 3-9 3PT 8-12 FT)
Old 06-13-2022, 09:40 AM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Fills up the stat sheet

One thing we can take to the bank, this player is ACTIVE and hangs around the ball. OK. that's two things.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:33 PM
General

@JonRothstein
Dayton's Daron Holmes' final five games of last season: 20 PPG, 6 RPG, 68.3% from the field.

Primed to emerge into a national name during the 22-23 season.
Runnin' Rebel (06-14-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 11:01 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,325 Times in 444 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/06/...ron-holmes-ii/

Dayton Basketball: In-depth look at sophomore center Daron Holmes II
Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 11:07 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
A Box Score was located

Full Stat Line:
35 Points
16 Rebounds
11 Assists
4 Steals
2 Blocks
6 Turnovers
(12-24 FG 3-9 3PT 8-12 FT)
A triple double with numbers to spare! Those would be All-American statistics if he can come anywhere close to that as a Flyer.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:08 AM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
@JonRothstein
Dayton's Daron Holmes' final five games of last season: 20 PPG, 6 RPG, 68.3% from the field.

Primed to emerge into a national name during the 22-23 season.
These are numbers similar to Obi's going into his junior year...and we know what happened with him!
Old 06-15-2022, 11:28 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/06/...ron-holmes-ii/

Dayton Basketball: In-depth look at sophomore center Daron Holmes II
Nice write up but, man, the writer could use an editor (or a HS English refresher course).
Old 06-15-2022, 12:24 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Nice write up but, man, the writer could use an editor (or a HS English refresher course).
I was expecting to think you were being picky, but the run on sentences in that article are out of control.

He also says that Holmes is more talented and has a higher ceiling than Toppin. I love Holmes, but I can't get on board with that statement at all.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
I was expecting to think you were being picky, but the run on sentences in that article are out of control.

He also says that Holmes is more talented and has a higher ceiling than Toppin. I love Holmes, but I can't get on board with that statement at all.
If you look at the total player I agree with the writer. Holmes is already better than Obi defensively. He set the UD record for blocks and probably redirected 6-10 shots per game. If he picks up his outside shooting a bit he will unstoppable.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-15-2022), FLYER5 (06-16-2022), m21eagle45 (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 02:05 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
If you look at the total player I agree with the writer. Holmes is already better than Obi defensively. He set the UD record for blocks and probably redirected 6-10 shots per game. If he picks up his outside shooting a bit he will unstoppable.
Both amazing players and athletes so disclaimer: I am not criticizing Obi or Holmes.

The one thing I note when comparing Holmes to Toppin is that for two guys who are relatively the same size and body type, Obi is noticeably smoother and more fluid, whether he is taking a shot, driving to the basket or just running the floor. I think it is a body control thing that we all born with to differing degrees and cannot be learned or coached. I am a little more hesitant to phrase it this way but maybe, Obi is a bit more athletic than Holmes?

That said, another difference is that Holmes does not shy away from contact the way Obi sometimes does, so maybe on balance those things wash out. Agree that Holmes developing a perimeter game would make him unstoppable, (similarly if Obi had more strength and post skills, he would be a nightmare matchup). Sort of makes you wish they played together for a year.

Last edited by Flyers98; 06-15-2022 at 02:07 PM..
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 02:29 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
Both amazing players and athletes so disclaimer: I am not criticizing Obi or Holmes.

The one thing I note when comparing Holmes to Toppin is that for two guys who are relatively the same size and body type, Obi is noticeably smoother and more fluid, whether he is taking a shot, driving to the basket or just running the floor. I think it is a body control thing that we all born with to differing degrees and cannot be learned or coached. I am a little more hesitant to phrase it this way but maybe, Obi is a bit more athletic than Holmes?

That said, another difference is that Holmes does not shy away from contact the way Obi sometimes does, so maybe on balance those things wash out. Agree that Holmes developing a perimeter game would make him unstoppable, (similarly if Obi had more strength and post skills, he would be a nightmare matchup). Sort of makes you wish they played together for a year.
In a dreamworld scenario where we had both Obi and Holmes playing for us at the same time, I think they would compliment each other well. They have very different strengths. And neither one has to dominate the ball in order to make a huge impact on the game.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Our 2nd best pro prospect IMO has arrived on campus… Let’s Go!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 07:37 PM
Brigadier General

I think the primary difference between Obi and DaRon is that Obi moves like a 6’3” kid and DaRon moves like a 6’10” kid. That makes sense because Obi was 6’3” until five minutes before he was 6’10”.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
NJFlyr71 (06-16-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 09:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Mike has arrived
https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...aDBvVWrMPT4cmw
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-16-2022), fuz_forward (06-16-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 10:10 PM
General

By the time he was a junior, Obi was stronger than Holmes is today, but let's see how his body changed over the summer. One advantage Obi had over Holmes is his great hands. Obi had some of the best hands I have ever seen in a big man. Holmes' hands are very good, but not yet at Obi's level. Still, we just saw Holmes as a freshman. It will be very interesting to see his progress when the season starts.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigred (06-16-2022), Swampy Meadows (06-17-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 09:32 AM
Lieutenant General

Andy Katz Top teams that will return to the NCAA tournament after missing 2022.
Guess number one.
https://twitter.com/Big_DHolmes/stat...0grRM2xtOH2y6g
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CoffeeCan (06-16-2022), CT Flyer (06-16-2022), San Diego Flyer (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 11:55 AM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago View Post
Malachi has become significantly bigger. Good to see, 👍🏽
Posted via Mobile Device
Must be more muscular. Hasn't grown taller. He attended a graduation party for one of my grandson's friends and both my grandson and son-in-law, who are around 5-10 said Malachi was not taller than they were. Hope he's developing a pull-up jumper/floater over the summer.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:01 PM

crazy cool for Mike and UD

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Mike has arrived
https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...aDBvVWrMPT4cmw
Sooo, when do we see Mongo Mike added to the roster?
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 06:07 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Sooo, when do we see Mongo Mike added to the roster?
In the recent past, MBB players were added to the roster once they were registered/taking classes, so maybe when second summer session begins. Ty Baker has been here a week or two and he isn't on the roster yet.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (06-18-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 10:45 PM
General

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

Latest bracketology from Lunardi. Dayton 5 seed, St. Louis 7, Loyola first four out

Virginia Tech 9 seed, Wyoming 10 seed

Kansas 2 seed, Tennessee 3 seed, Wisconsin next 4 out, USC 9 Seed,
FLYER5 (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 08:38 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=OSU Flyer;698023]https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

Latest bracketology from Lunardi. Dayton 5 seed, St. Louis 7, Loyola first four out

I would be MOST HAPPY if that is the results into the NCAA for Dayton. I would think that the fan base would be ecstatic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2022, 10:06 AM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

Kansas 2 seed, Tennessee 3 seed, Wisconsin next 4 out, USC 9 Seed,
I noticed that WVU is not in the bracket. I wonder if Huggins is under any pressure. If WVU misses the ncaat in 2023, then BH will have missed the ncaat 4 out of the last 5 years.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:07 PM
General

maybe someone with a better memory than me can remember but I this the highest I can remember Lunardi ever having UD preseason

I think the 2020 season UD was a 7 seed going into the season
FLYER5 (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 10:41 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
maybe someone with a better memory than me can remember but I this the highest I can remember Lunardi ever having UD preseason

I think the 2020 season UD was a 7 seed going into the season
According to the Internet Archive:
2016 Preseason - UD was a 7 seed
2017 Preseason - UD was not in the bracket
2018 Preseason - UD was not in the bracket
2019 Preseason - UD was a 11 seed (play in game participant)
2020 Preseason - UD was not in the bracket but listed in the Next Four Out
2021 Preseason - UD was not in the bracket
2022 Preseason - As noted above, UD is a 5 seed
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (06-25-2022), ud2 (06-26-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 11:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Some really, really good news... Coach Grant back out on the recruiting trail after taking time off and rightfully so!

https://twitter.com/highmajorscoop/s...kM2jkYW9cxfQOw

He was at Midwest Live today/tonight at the Cedar Point Sports Center
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-24-2022), fuz_forward (06-27-2022), OSU Flyer (06-26-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 11:56 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Great news indeed!
Old 06-25-2022, 08:57 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Jablo with a Camara interview and update on the team:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...K472B5O3XRMSA/
Posted via Mobile Device
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-26-2022), fuz_forward (06-27-2022), Glen Clark (06-26-2022), Jeff (06-26-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (06-25-2022), OSU Flyer (06-26-2022), Runnin' Rebel (06-25-2022), SC_Flyer (06-27-2022)
Old 06-26-2022, 08:26 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Jablo with a Camara interview and update on the team:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...K472B5O3XRMSA/
Posted via Mobile Device
This is one of the best interviews I’ve ever seen on Flyer basketball. Camera did a great job and Jablonski as well. I didn’t read a lot of “canned” answers or comments. And over so many topics…team chemistry, the Grant family, getting better, expectations, etc. this young man nailed it. Great read.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (06-26-2022)
Old 06-26-2022, 09:03 AM
Lieutenant General

I agree!! And since Jablonski wrote that Camara was the first Dayton player to tell his story of the off season, I think we can look forward to more articles like this one.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Here is the response I received from Jablonski when I complimented this article on Camara.
David Jablonski
@DavidPJablonski·
10h
Thank you. More to come. I asked him about each of his teammates, which I plan to do with other players in the weeks ahead, and he had great insight.

For those that don't have a digital subscription to DDN, this might be the time (and season) to invest.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-01-2022), San Diego Flyer (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 09:36 AM
General of the Air Force

A10 Conference Opponents announced at 11 this morning

So who gets the 4 home and home spots? I got SLU, VCU, Loyola & URI (I'm hoping not Duquesne just because they are in Pittsburgh)
FLYER5 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 10:40 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
My guess is SLU, Loyola, Duquesne, and VCU
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
It is VCU, Loyola, Davidson and St. Louis. Also, Rhode Island at Rhode Island.

Last edited by Bill McPeek; 06-27-2022 at 11:36 AM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-27-2022), FLYER5 (06-27-2022), Glen Clark (06-27-2022), hawkoooo (06-27-2022), SC_Flyer (06-27-2022), TA111 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 11:39 AM
General of the Air Force

Absolutely loaded home and homes... Great! with this team, we should get them!
FLYER5 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 11:42 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised UD didn't get the home/away with Duquesne. I wonder if UD/TV asked for those 4 (VCU, SLU & Loyola seemed like a given to all) to enhance their tournament/seeding chances.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:43 AM
General

They are also @ Bona
Old 06-27-2022, 11:47 AM
General

SLU has the exact same set of 4

VCU has Davidson, Richmond, Dayton and SLU

UD, SLU & VCU clearly have the 3 hardest pairings (I'd say all roughly equal). Overall conference strength likely depends on who you view as a tougher road game, Bona, richmond, Loyola (VCU is @ Loyola) or Rhody.

All 3 are set up well to earn a bid in conference it would seem.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 12:06 PM
General

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
It is VCU, Loyola, Davidson and St. Louis. Also, Rhode Island at Rhode Island.
Very disappointed that they dropped RI off our H/A schedule. They are usually in the upper half of the conference and the Archie Miller thing makes it a much more interesting rivalry that should be taken advantage of. Not only that, but waiting at least another year for Archie's first appearance at the Arena as an enemy coach kinda sucks too.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 01:04 PM
General

It's a Christmas miracle Duquesne isn't one of the H/Hs
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-01-2022), FLYER5 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 01:06 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Very disappointed that they dropped RI off our H/A schedule. They are usually in the upper half of the conference and the Archie Miller thing makes it a much more interesting rivalry that should be taken advantage of. Not only that, but waiting at least another year for Archie's first appearance at the Arena as an enemy coach kinda sucks too.
I'm disappointed too because having them in our pod always guaranteed a game in New England each year. This year we will actually get two games in New England (UMass too), but it probably means none the following year.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 01:12 PM
General

This is the first time Davidson has been a H/H since they came in the league?
Old 06-27-2022, 01:32 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a Christmas miracle Duquesne isn't one of the H/Hs
I agree, these might be the best A10 pods that we have ever had, no clunker home and homes.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
As a Chicago flyer, I could not be happier. A game at the UC vs Wyoming and one at Loyola. A buddy of mine is a Loyola grad and a season ticket holder, he should be able to snag seats before they go on sale to the general public.

That arena is like 5,000 if that, and with the huge Chicagoland flyer base I am guessing easily as much as a quarter can be UD fans...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-28-2022), Flyers98 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 05:02 PM
General

This is the first time Davidson has been a H/H since they came in the league?
Yeah, and as much as I love a UD-Davidson matchup, I prefer it stays at one time a year unless they meet in the conference tournament. I'm also kind of sad that we don't have the Bonnies twice also. They are usually highly respected and we usually kick their butts no matter how good they are and how bad we are. That kind of thing bodes well for our rankings.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:21 PM
General

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I'm disappointed too because having them in our pod always guaranteed a game in New England each year. This year we will actually get two games in New England (UMass too), but it probably means none the following year.
As disappointed as I am in losing Rhody. Their fans have to be livid. They lose Davidson, Dayton, VCU and GW from their H/A schedule and get Fordham, LaSalle, GMU along with keeping UMass.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-01-2022), CT Flyer (06-28-2022), Flyer 86 (06-28-2022), ud2 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 08:31 PM
General

This almost makes up for the catastrophe the A10 foisted on us in 14-15
Flyer 86 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 12:13 AM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
As disappointed as I am in losing Rhody. Their fans have to be livid. They lose Davidson, Dayton, VCU and GW from their H/A schedule and get Fordham, LaSalle, GMU along with keeping UMass.

Woah!
Old 06-28-2022, 09:14 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
They have enough trouble drawing fans when they play good teams, let alone the bad teams. Which is really a shame since they have a great arena and have been generally very competitive in the past decade.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:38 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
They have enough trouble drawing fans when they play good teams, let alone the bad teams. Which is really a shame since they have a great arena and have been generally very competitive in the past decade.
On the bright side this schedule should allow them to remain very competitive.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-28-2022), UD62 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 10:40 AM
General

I haven't followed what URI has done on the recruiting trail since Archie took over. What are the general prospects for next season? Are they settling in for a 1 or 2 year rebuild or have they brought in some high level transfers that are ready to have them competing for a top 4 slot in conference?

I'd imagine that in addition to their TV partners, the individual schools had some say (or at least let it be known what their preferences) were for their 4 H/Hs. Perhaps URI wants a softer schedule while Archie works on reshaping the program to his liking.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:48 AM
General

Actually, that's really not an issue because even though they lost good programs in the H/A, VCU, Dayton, SB and Davidson are all scheduled to play in Rhody this season. So they really don't lose much in their home schedule. Of the top programs from last year, only SLU and Richmond are on the road.
CT Flyer (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 11:11 AM
Lieutenant General

Actually, that's really not an issue because even though they lost good programs in the H/A, VCU, Dayton, SB and Davidson are all scheduled to play in Rhody this season. So they really don't lose much in their home schedule. Of the top programs from last year, only SLU and Richmond are on the road.
But the following year might not be as good in terms of a home A10 schedule.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:26 AM

Can someone explain to me how these pods work? Do we have a certain number of permanent pod partners, and then the other pod members change annually?

I looked at the last four years. Two of the years had five pod partners. Two of the years had four pod partners. So 18 partners over four years.

VCU, Duquesne, and SLU were represented all four years.

RI three years.

UMass two years.

GW one year.

Last edited by ud2; 06-28-2022 at 11:31 AM..
Old 06-28-2022, 11:37 AM
General

But the following year might not be as good in terms of a home A10 schedule.
I'm guessing that due to the easy schedule, they will have a pretty good record that might put them in a much better pod.

Personally, I think the schedule is probably a positive for them this season. They probably aren't good enough to worry about quality wins but could possibly slip in to NIT or something with a decent record. But from a fan's point of view, I would hate it. They will lose the tv exposure they're probably used to and will deep down inside know that they are winning due to an easier schedule. Also has to be hard to swallow when the A10 messes with your rivalries. Dayton and VCU were mainstay, twice a season rivalries for them and it has to hurt that's being taken away for at least one season.

In the long run, I expect that RI will rise in the pecking order and get back to where they once belonged in short order. But this season's schedule has to suck as a fan.
CT Flyer (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 11:55 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute

I can wait forever for Archie's return to the Arena because in an attempt to be classy, I am sure all the sweaters will give him a standing ovation or something. He should be booed mercilessly out of principal and because he left to chase money, which he has the right to do but it doesn't mean I have to like it or him.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:54 PM
General

I can wait forever for Archie's return to the Arena because in an attempt to be classy, I am sure all the sweaters will give him a standing ovation or something. He should be booed mercilessly out of principal and because he left to chase money, which he has the right to do but it doesn't mean I have to like it or him.
So wrong on so many levels. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the standing ovations AM will get has more to do with the success and lifting of the program rather than just a "bite the bullet" and pretend to be classy act.

Yes there will be some that feel scorned, and just like you, they will not partake in the standing ovation. And I've said this before and I'll say it again, without AM lifting the program to what it was and then leaving, AG would've never left the NBA for us. The program wasn't good enough for AG when BG left, it was when AM left.

I still don't understand where this hatred comes from when it didn't exist with Oliver Purnell when he did the exact same thing.
jack72 (06-28-2022)