User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-05-2022, 05:03 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
5 guys are more affective at breaking down VCU than 1. Mike’s elite passing skills in a 6’8” frame give him the potential to be very helpful against long, attacking teams. Elvis’ ability to beat VCU will turn on his ability to pass quick. Really, that’s the key for everyone. You beat the heat with passing, not dribbling.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it is more like 3 guys who can really handle and pass to break the full court press. You get two guards and potentially a forward who can really handle the ball, make good decisions and pass well, and I think you become immune to the full court press.
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2022, 05:09 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
The 4/5 list includes guys who play the 3. Amzil has played the 3, 4, and 5. The front court is fluid and dynamic. I think most seasons we would be excited about having 3 point guards who can play without relying on a walk on. I think the unease isn’t just the injury concerns. It’s an experience thing, too. I just don’t think it makes sense. Mali played great last year. Elvis may not be our preference, but he has experience at the point. Mike is young, but people who have watched him play are impressed. For a host of reasons, folks on this board don’t want to accept the evaluations. The one that sticks out is the assumption that he can’t play PG because of his height. We’ve never had a 6’8” PG before, so he can’t do the job. People disregard that he’s already had to overcome the doubts because of his size. It’s easy to doubt. It’s also easier to let them doubt. AG seems to think we’re ok at the point. Me? I see a starting PG who played awesome last year. I see a back up PG who was serviceable (much better than in most years). We have a top 100 guy as our 3rd option. When did we have better depth at PG?
Posted via Mobile Device
You’re neglecting the elephant in the room. It’s Mali’s durability. Scootch and Crutch were incredibly durable which lead to our team success. Mali was injured 2x last year not to mention in a boot this summer. Availability is the best ability. I truly hope he stays healthy, otherwise it likely won’t be pretty.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (08-07-2022), UDTradition (08-28-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 09:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago View Post
You’re neglecting the elephant in the room. It’s Mali’s durability. Scootch and Crutch were incredibly durable which lead to our team success. Mali was injured 2x last year not to mention in a boot this summer. Availability is the best ability. I truly hope he stays healthy, otherwise it likely won’t be pretty.
Posted via Mobile Device
He played in EVERY regular season game and played in 33 of 35 games. He played the second most minutes of anybody on the roster. You’re bringing up durability? LMAO.

You’ve been one of the loudest naysayers about the PG depth all off season. Stop trying to make fetch a thing…

Last edited by springborofan; 08-05-2022 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (08-07-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 10:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Fudd, I say the 2 further up court have to find space and come to the ball. You have to punish the aggressive team by scoring on the other end. So, yes, you can have 3 guys who are your primary guys in getting the ball past half court. The other 2 have to attack on the offensive end. Punish the aggressor’s aggression. Also, I’m a big proponent of using the pass since a pass moves faster than any player. Movement and passing can make aggressive teams very vulnerable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-05-2022, 11:34 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Stop trying to make “fetch” a thing. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 04:04 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
He played in EVERY regular season game and played in 33 of 35 games. He played the second most minutes of anybody on the roster. You’re bringing up durability? LMAO.

You’ve been one of the loudest naysayers about the PG depth all off season. Stop trying to make fetch a thing…
I don't know what "make fetch a thing" is, pardon my ignorance, is that a Chevy Chase reference? Anyway, I'm one of the least negative posters and more than likely an over-positive poster (koolaid drinker etc.) on this board. It's my concern, like it or not.

This upcoming season has huge implications for the program with realignment discussions and the changing college landscape. My feelings are simply that we really need to make serious noise this year, and if Mali goes down...well, you obviously witnessed what happened last year. Can Mike be good? Absolutely. Lead us deep into the tourney? Likely not, but I'd sure love to see it. I pray they all stay healthy, especially Mali and DaRon.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Great Article by Jablonski

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...DIVITLFZIHZ6M/

Get to see what teammates say about teammates (describe them) and how they are doing

Cool piece
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerinChicago (08-06-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-06-2022), Runnin' Rebel (08-06-2022), San Diego Flyer (08-07-2022), tirebiter (08-07-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 04:54 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago View Post
I don't know what "make fetch a thing" is, pardon my ignorance, is that a Chevy Chase reference? Anyway, I'm one of the least negative posters and more than likely an over-positive poster (koolaid drinker etc.) on this board. It's my concern, like it or not.

This upcoming season has huge implications for the program with realignment discussions and the changing college landscape. My feelings are simply that we really need to make serious noise this year, and if Mali goes down...well, you obviously witnessed what happened last year. Can Mike be good? Absolutely. Lead us deep into the tourney? Likely not, but I'd sure love to see it. I pray they all stay healthy, especially Mali and DaRon.
Haha…it’s from Mean Girls Just a little levity.

Seriously, I think we all share your concern about Mali going down. It’s just that I don’t know what could be done about it. If it happens, it happens.

What I do know is that any 5th yr senior who might have signed up for back up duties isn’t going to save the day either. So, everyone who continues to harp on this is wasting their time. And, last point…we don’t know if AG tried to get some “rent a PG” but no one bit.

I happen to think that Elvis and Mike can cover for periods if Mali is out. If it’s long term, I’m not sure there would have been an answer in any situation.

My other point is that Mali is a strong dude and is definitely not injury prone. He played a lot of minutes last year. If you are worried about him getting injured you need to find something else to worry about.
Smitty10 (08-07-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Major

Seriously, I think we all share your concern about Mali going down. It’s just that I don’t know what could be done about it. If it happens, it happens.

What I do know is that any 5th yr senior who might have signed up for back up duties isn’t going to save the day either. So, everyone who continues to harp on this is wasting their time. And, last point…we don’t know if AG tried to get some “rent a PG” but no one bit.

I happen to think that Elvis and Mike can cover for periods if Mali is out. If it’s long term, I’m not sure there would have been an answer in any situation.

My other point is that Mali is a strong dude and is definitely not injury prone. He played a lot of minutes last year. If you are worried about him getting injured you need to find something else to worry about.
I hear ya, I’m done on the subject, Mali built himself up this off-season which is great-I love the guy. Can’t wait until November.

Fletch out!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2022, 01:46 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
@jakeweingarten

Hearing Dayton’s Mali Smith has taken a massive leap headed into his sophomore campaign. Heard he’s become a huge vocal leader, has been terrific in practice as well. Could expect elite playmaking out of the Flyers’ PG this season.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-07-2022), jack72 (08-07-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-07-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute

Agree and don't think that a healthier Elvis hasn't matured and improved not only as an overall SG but with his PG duties as well. I won't say UD endured a hard dose of reality when Mal went down because Elvis simply was not the PG Mal was and there's not a person on here that shouldn't have expected a let down.

There's probably not a handful of teams in the country, if that many, that could handle the loss of your top 2 top PG's going into the season and not suffered, especially losing your starter **** near the last game of the season in tourney action.

Last edited by steve; 08-08-2022 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
Any insight as to when the full A-10 schedule will be released, including the date and times for each game. I'm really itching to schedule a few away trips for this year.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to smile, open this IG post and watch. We have some great young people.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChAS4...MDJmNzVkMjY%3D
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (08-08-2022), CJ2etc (08-10-2022), CT Flyer (08-09-2022), FLYER5 (08-08-2022), Furio (08-09-2022), Jeff (08-09-2022), Runnin' Rebel (08-08-2022), San Diego Flyer (08-09-2022), Sticks 'n Stearns (08-08-2022), The Fly (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Mali, Mustapha and DaRon at UCLA Student Activity Center gym. (probably need to scroll up for the pic)

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/statu...-EbZ9VE2y9S_CQ
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (08-24-2022), Jeff (08-10-2022), mikeymo85 (08-11-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 08:54 AM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
5 Freshmen who could outplay their ranking

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-their-ranking

Michael Sharavjamts, Dayton

Rivals150 ranking: 98

Sharavjamts may honestly be high school basketball’s best-kept secret in the 2022 class. At 6-foot-8, he has legitimate guard skills and a great overall feel for the game as a ball mover and initiator. His shot has also become very consistent and, upside-wise, it wouldn’t surprise to see him be on NBA Draft boards at some point this season.

Dayton is going to have a very fun roster this season with Sharavjamts, DaRon Holmes, Toumani Camara and Malachi Smith. The Flyers could make some noise come March, and Sharavjamts could be a huge reason why.
20 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (08-16-2022), Clear Prop (08-18-2022), CT Flyer (08-18-2022), CvilleFlyer (08-16-2022), Flyer 86 (08-16-2022), FLYER5 (08-16-2022), flyerfanatic86 (08-16-2022), fuz_forward (08-16-2022), Glen Clark (08-16-2022), jack72 (08-16-2022), Jeff (08-18-2022), Marysville Flyer (08-16-2022), Runnin' Rebel (08-16-2022), San Diego Flyer (08-16-2022), SC_Flyer (08-16-2022), springborofan (08-16-2022), superfan99 (08-16-2022), tirebiter (08-16-2022), TommyGola (08-16-2022), udflyerhoops2 (08-19-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 03:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Here is a couple of minutes of the first part of an interview about Mike with the Baika Puntsag (Mongolian Counsel in San Francisco).

https://twitter.com/A10Vault/status/..._qu_sNXkRJVJVQ
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (08-16-2022), San Diego Flyer (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 05:39 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This situation with Mike, his country, his b-ball exposure has the feel of something bigger developing at warp speed. It will grow quickly with our great schedule that Neal has put together. It will be a story line that follows us around the country.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-21-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 04:53 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Great article by Jablo on the experience that Mali, DaRon and Mustapha had playing in the Rico Hines Runs in LA:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...OX5IZRZWKZSHM/
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (08-24-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-17-2022), San Diego Flyer (08-17-2022), springborofan (08-18-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 01:21 AM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/daronagon/status...HVdCYTBxJMKu3Q
Old 08-18-2022, 10:22 AM
Brigadier General

If Amzil plays more like two years ago than last year, coupled with Smith and Holmes improvement, the sky is the limit for this team. Camara, Elvis, Blakeney, Brea, & Mike make for a very solid top 8. I’m also hopeful for both noticeable improvement from Washington and getting either Amafuele or Baker to bring the team more than Sissoko did last year.

St Louis will be very good. It’s going to be a horse race for the A10 championship between the two.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:55 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bigred View Post
Any insight as to when the full A-10 schedule will be released, including the date and times for each game. I'm really itching to schedule a few away trips for this year.

Schedule is usually announced sometime in September, TV and times usually come out early October. Also, typically games on the last day of the season are not announced until later on because of tournament/TV implications.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-21-2022, 06:39 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
This situation with Mike, his country, his b-ball exposure has the feel of something bigger developing at warp speed. It will grow quickly with our great schedule that Neal has put together. It will be a story line that follows us around the country.

TOTALLY sdf. Totally. He's got great pedigree from his pops.
And a great FEEL for the game with his skills. He's gonna be a good one. Imo
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-21-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 03:03 PM
General of the Air Force

DaytonFlyers.com have changed the Roster Heights & Weights

No Heights Changed but we have some significant Weight adjustments:

Brea goes from 195 to 206.
Smith goes from 170 to 180.
Nwokeji goes from 220 to 210.
Holmes goes from 220 to 225.
Amaefule goes from 230 to 224.
Amzil goes from 220 to 224.
Also, Baker up 1 pound from when they initially put him on the roster.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (08-24-2022), Glen Clark (08-22-2022), San Diego Flyer (08-23-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 01:15 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton stays at #22 in ESPN's latest Way-Too-Early Top 25.
Dayton announced its nonconference schedule earlier this month, and it's again a slate that allows the Flyers several chances at résumé-boosting victories. There's a home game against SMU, road trips to UNLV and Virginia Tech, as well as a neutral-site game against Wyoming. On top of all that, Anthony Grant's team is in the Battle 4 Atlantis, where it will open against Wisconsin and then face either Kansas or NC State. On paper, Dayton is likely the third-best team in the field, meaning it could end up playing USC in the third game of that tournament.
It's a difficult stretch, but the Flyers' top-25 credentials will be tested before Atlantic 10 play -- although, as mentioned many times this offseason, beating good teams wasn't Dayton's issue last season.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...national-tours
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (08-24-2022), fuz_forward (08-25-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 09:24 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...66383644590081

This may belong under a recruiting thread, but here's a chance for many on the board to pony up........
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
74 days until regular season.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 05:39 PM
Colonel

zmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud of
https://udayton.edu/magazine/2022/07/serving-youth.php

Hopefully the "The team is so young" theme does not continue for this upcoming season
Mad Props to zmz723 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (08-26-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 06:37 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
For Battle for Atlantis, is there a unanimous choice of hotel for the Flyer faithfuls?
Old 08-26-2022, 08:42 AM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Ideal Travel Group

Originally Posted by DGO67 View Post
For Battle for Atlantis, is there a unanimous choice of hotel for the Flyer faithfuls?
The Ideal Travel group of 60+ is staying at Comfort Suites.
DGO67 (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 08:44 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
https://udayton.edu/magazine/2022/07/serving-youth.php

Hopefully the "The team is so young" theme does not continue for this upcoming season

I wonder how they would compare to the similar metrics that made them the youngest or one of the youngest teams last season. I'd imagine they are still young age wise as there are a ton of sophs and still no super covid seniors (though those will fade out over time), but on the contrary, I'd imagine UD would rank pretty high in terms of "returning minutes" from last season or about middle of the pack in terms of "total minutes played" collectively.

At any rate, with a full normal off season, the argument that they are inexperienced should be dead, but they will still be lead by a ton of sophomores so the narrative will be used to describe them.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:09 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ky-also-no-1s/

Don't think I saw this posted here, UD a 6 seed in Palms bracketology
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 11:47 AM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
The Ideal Travel group of 60+ is staying at Comfort Suites.

Who do I speak to for info on the Atlantis event?
The Battle for Atlantis site was not helpful.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2022, 09:30 PM
General

Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ky-also-no-1s/

Don't think I saw this posted here, UD a 6 seed in Palms bracketology
Take the under (finishing better).
Old 08-30-2022, 04:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Conference Schedule being released next week
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (08-31-2022), mikeymo85 (08-31-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 11:27 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
https://daytonflyers.com/news/2022/9...-schedule.aspx
What are you doing New Year’s Eve? Watching us play Davidson! Away that is. march 3 ends the conference regular season and we are at St. Louis.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2022, 10:20 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Saw that the Lindy's 2022-23 preview magazine is released as of today, Sep 7. Ordered my copy online. Anybody have any thoughts on other mags? Nothing comes up for Athlon, and I'm not sure Sporting News or Sports Illustrated will have anything. So excited about this coming year!
Old 09-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Lieutenant General

https://theathletic.com/3570836/2022...l-players-men/

Presenting The Athletic’s 20 Most Intriguing Players for the 2022-23 men’s hoops campaign. It’s an entirely subjective exercise aimed at, one, reminding everyone who (presumably) will play this winter, and, two, highlighting players in particularly compelling roles or circumstances.

17. DaRon Holmes II, Dayton
By way of introduction, for those who may not be familiar with the 6-10 big man operating along the banks of the Miami River: Holmes was the No. 38 recruit in the Class of 2021, and thereby the highest-rated prospect ever to sign with Dayton. He delivered via earning Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year honors and a spot on the league’s All-Defensive Team and All-Conference teams, period. The Flyers are a souped-up mid-major that should be a preseason Top 25 team and Holmes is the lodestar, and that’s interesting enough. What fascinates us most is the track Holmes is on, and what — or, more specifically, whom — it evokes. Some freshman year numbers for Holmes: 16.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per 40 minutes, an offensive rating of 124.9, an effective field goal percentage of 65.1 (seventh nationally) and 5.7 Win Shares. Obi Toppin’s freshman year production, meanwhile? Averages of 21.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per 40 minutes, an offensive rating of 123.2, an effective field goal percentage of 68.4 and 4.8 Win Shares. They appear to be wired a bit differently, yes, given Holmes’ superior rim protection and Toppin’s ability to do more offensively, in less time, as a freshman. But the distinctions don’t entirely disqualify the similarities. How Holmes’ second season evolves, and how closely (or not) it mirrors the development pace of Dayton’s last impact big — that’s the curiosity.
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
DGO67 (09-12-2022), FLYER5 (09-12-2022), Glen Clark (09-12-2022), jack72 (09-12-2022), Jeff (09-13-2022), Muckem333 (09-12-2022), OSU Flyer (10-04-2022), San Diego Flyer (09-12-2022), Smitty10 (09-12-2022), The Fly (09-12-2022), tirebiter (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 04:47 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
https://theathletic.com/3570836/2022...l-players-men/

Presenting The Athletic’s 20 Most Intriguing Players for the 2022-23 men’s hoops campaign. It’s an entirely subjective exercise aimed at, one, reminding everyone who (presumably) will play this winter, and, two, highlighting players in particularly compelling roles or circumstances.

17. DaRon Holmes II, Dayton
By way of introduction, for those who may not be familiar with the 6-10 big man operating along the banks of the Miami River: Holmes was the No. 38 recruit in the Class of 2021, and thereby the highest-rated prospect ever to sign with Dayton. He delivered via earning Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year honors and a spot on the league’s All-Defensive Team and All-Conference teams, period. The Flyers are a souped-up mid-major that should be a preseason Top 25 team and Holmes is the lodestar, and that’s interesting enough. What fascinates us most is the track Holmes is on, and what — or, more specifically, whom — it evokes. Some freshman year numbers for Holmes: 16.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per 40 minutes, an offensive rating of 124.9, an effective field goal percentage of 65.1 (seventh nationally) and 5.7 Win Shares. Obi Toppin’s freshman year production, meanwhile? Averages of 21.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per 40 minutes, an offensive rating of 123.2, an effective field goal percentage of 68.4 and 4.8 Win Shares. They appear to be wired a bit differently, yes, given Holmes’ superior rim protection and Toppin’s ability to do more offensively, in less time, as a freshman. But the distinctions don’t entirely disqualify the similarities. How Holmes’ second season evolves, and how closely (or not) it mirrors the development pace of Dayton’s last impact big — that’s the curiosity.
When comparing DaRon's first year numbers to Obi's they should also mention that Obi was Red-Shirted and therefore spent a full season practicing with the team before his first season. That doesn't mean DaRon is better or is going to be better, but it did give Obi an advantage as a freshman.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyers98 (09-12-2022), Jeff (09-13-2022), NJFlyr71 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 05:20 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
When comparing DaRon's first year numbers to Obi's they should also mention that Obi was Red-Shirted and therefore spent a full season practicing with the team before his first season. That doesn't mean DaRon is better or is going to be better, but it did give Obi an advantage as a freshman.
He was also like 42 years old as a freshman because he did a year of prep school before the redshirt year.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:10 PM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
Will we ever get the media to stop calling us mid-major???
Old 09-12-2022, 09:20 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Dave View Post
They can call us whatever they so desire...as long as they preface it with this:
"Top 5 in the AP, mid-major Dayton..."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-12-2022), NJFlyr71 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 10:09 PM
Brigadier General

Not until UD gets into the Big East…
Flyers98 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 10:38 PM
Colonel

Butler got to two final fours being called a mid major in the horizon league, so it doesn’t really bother me.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-14-2022), Glen Clark (09-14-2022), springborofan (09-13-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 11:28 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Years ago there was a story about having the Federal Gov give money to Hawaii to put an INTERSTATE on the island of Oahu.

Now Hawaii is about 2,000 miles from the nearest US mainland state but that didn't prevent the FED from designating the interstates as H1, H2 and H3.

The people on Oahu said "Heh, if they want to give us money to build some much needed roads then who cares what they want us to call them!"

So I agree with TommyGola!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (09-13-2022), FLYER5 (09-14-2022), OSU Flyer (10-04-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 12:14 PM
Colonel

Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the mid-major moniker at this point refers mostly to conference affiliation and not program quality. For instance, DePaul, Northwestern, and Vandy, are all considered high major programs even though they are objectively inferior to Dayton. In any event who cares? It only makes it better when we beat P5 schools. (I quoted because I think you are spot on, not because I disagree).

Last edited by Flyers98; 09-13-2022 at 04:22 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-14-2022), flyerfanatic86 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 06:09 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Years ago there was a story about having the Federal Gov give money to Hawaii to put an INTERSTATE on the island of Oahu.

Now Hawaii is about 2,000 miles from the nearest US mainland state but that didn't prevent the FED from designating the interstates as H1, H2 and H3.

The people on Oahu said "Heh, if they want to give us money to build some much needed roads then who cares what they want us to call them!"

So I agree with TommyGola!
I spoke to someone today who saw and heard interview with a homeless man from San Francisco. He was asked how long he had been there. His answer was he had just moved to San Francisco from Texas. Asked why he left Texas for San Francisco he responded by saying he got $800 a month from San Francisco while in Texas he got nothing. Nothing like free bucks!
Old 09-14-2022, 01:48 PM
Lieutenant General

DaRon comes in at 44 on the top 100 players. In another thread someone asked about other basketball publications. The Almanac is a new one this year with a preview of every D1 team. It is supposed to include interviews with all the head coaches. Link to order is in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/sta...H5mWU3QwnFK5tA
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-24-2022), FLYER5 (09-14-2022), fuz_forward (09-19-2022), tirebiter (09-14-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 01:45 PM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
A nice wikipedia page on this year's team...includes the currently-known schedule dates and times

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022...asketball_team
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-19-2022), OSU Flyer (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 06:49 PM
General of the Air Force

UD to scrimmage West Virginia in Wheeling, WV on October 22nd
Posted via Mobile Device
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (09-22-2022), Flyer 86 (09-24-2022), Flyer Al (09-22-2022), FLYER5 (09-28-2022), flyerfanatic86 (09-23-2022), hawkoooo (09-23-2022), jack72 (09-23-2022), mikeymo85 (09-23-2022), Runnin' Rebel (09-22-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 03:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Here are a couple of videos worth a listen. Jeff Goodman visited Dayton yesterday.
DaRon
https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1...UVKxyNF9LrLS2w

on Coach Grant
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...SRYEiJV_CC8PlA
https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...SRYEiJV_CC8PlA
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-28-2022), San Diego Flyer (09-23-2022), Sticks 'n Stearns (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 04:23 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Here are a couple of videos worth a listen. Jeff Goodman visited Dayton yesterday.
DaRon
https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1...UVKxyNF9LrLS2w

on Coach Grant
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...SRYEiJV_CC8PlA
https://twitter.com/DaytonMBB/status...SRYEiJV_CC8PlA
Had never heard that DaRon made the initial contact with Dayton. He's an easy kid to cheer for!
Old 09-23-2022, 04:34 PM
Colonel

I’ve never heard him speak before. He seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders. And Obi Toppin was the reason he became interested in us. Despite not being able to play a tournament, that season is still paying dividends.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-25-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 03:22 PM
Lieutenant General

Andy Katz Power 36 Flyers#18

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...katzs-power-36

The new online publication "The Almanac" had Flyers at 24

https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...oaaRkT3IiazP2w

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 09-26-2022 at 03:30 PM..
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
tirebiter (09-26-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 12:30 AM
Major

you know what’s really nice? When these top 25 rankings come out and there’s 125 angry responses without a single, Dayton? What???? Respect is here folks….nationally.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (09-27-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-27-2022), SC_Flyer (09-29-2022), springborofan (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Andy Katz Power 36 Flyers#18

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...katzs-power-36

The new online publication "The Almanac" had Flyers at 24

https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...oaaRkT3IiazP2w
Katz has Wyoming inside the top 25 (#25). Most seem to have them just outside. Nice to hear him also mention SLU, VCU and Loyola as under consideration.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:02 PM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Maldonado is a load for Wyoming. Can back down almost any guard to get his shot. He did this against Indiana at the Arena in the First Four and just didnt get the shots to fall down. He also had 10 TOs I think. Probably the worst game he ever played but you could see it was an aberration and on most nights he'd be a problem.

Graham Ike is their big guy inside and is a massive man who may average 20 and 10this year. We dont have anybody to throw beef at him and battle unless Amaefule or Baker can do something we're not expecting. Toumani is too small and I dont think DaRon is thick enough. We coulda used Jordy for this job. Or Big Steve -- oh man it would have been perfect for Big Steve.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 09-27-2022, 05:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Rothstein at practice today

"Dayton's DaRon Holmes II has put on approximately 25 pounds and is now near 230, per the staff. Looks like a completely different player physically."

"Dayton may have a potential front court reinforcement in 6-9 redshirt sophomore Richard Amaefule. Could be post insurance --- especially when the Flyers face power conference teams."

"R.J. Blakney could be for this Dayton team what Trey Landers was for Dayton during the 2019-20 season. So steady. So consistent. A potential Under-The-Radar Glue Guy to monitor."

"Palpable Buzz at Dayton regarding 6-8 freshman Mike Sharavjamts. Could be used in a backup PG role. Excellent "pocket passing" ability."

"Early prediction on Dayton's 2022-23 starting five:

Malachi Smith, Kobe Elvis, R.J. Blakney, Toumani Camara, DaRon Holmes II"
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (09-27-2022), fuz_forward (09-28-2022), San Diego Flyer (09-28-2022), TA111 (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 05:45 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I would tend to agree on your starting five with only one exception - as the season proceeds, we are going to find out that Kobe Brea will be replacing either Elvis or Blakney. There is no way Coach Grant will be able to keep him off the court.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-29-2022), FLYER5 (09-28-2022), fuz_forward (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 05:56 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I would tend to agree on your starting five with only one exception - as the season proceeds, we are going to find out that Kobe Brea will be replacing either Elvis or Blakney. There is no way Coach Grant will be able to keep him off the court.
It is not so much about who starts, but who finishes. Brea brings good energy off the bench and will probably average more minutes than Elvis or Blakney in route to earning A-10 6th man of the year.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 08:27 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
25 lbs of muscle on Holmes should make him stud. Hopefully with no loss of quickness.

The big unknown is Amzil?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 10:03 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
. . . The big unknown is Amzil?

The Big Unknown is Mike Sharavjamts - 'Big Money' Mike as Coach Kane called him

Old 09-28-2022, 11:41 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
It is not so much about who starts, but who finishes. Brea brings good energy off the bench and will probably average more minutes than Elvis or Blakney in route to earning A-10 6th man of the year.
I doubt he'll get more minutes than Elvis. When Elvis isn't at SG, I'm guessing he's first to spell Mali at PG. Plus I think Elvis and Blakney are better ball handlers. But you are correct that Brea brings the energy and if the inside offense is being stifled, he's the man you call on to force defenses to back off.

This has to be one of the most exciting upcoming seasons as far as anticipation for me. This team has so much room for improvement that's very likely to come to fruition based on their youth. And that's improving on what I believe was an NCAA team at the end of last season but for Mali's injury.

Mali certainly has room to improve his finishing at the basket skills. And he's got a great teacher at that in the family. Elvis needs to improve his backup PG skills and I'm guessing that's been and being worked on. DaRon was great and will certainly improve based on experience and muscle. But the key to how far this team can go to me will be what we see out of Camara. He's the guy that can put the Flyers over the top and I believe we're going to see it.

The rest (Improvement from Amzil, Zimi, Kaleb, RJ and Brea) will be icing on the cake. And anything (and that could be a lot) we get from M. Mike is just thicker icing. Same with the two big men seeing the court for the first time as a Flyer.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:07 PM
Colonel

ACC has released tip times and television designations. Virginia Tech game on December 7 will be an 8 o’clock start on ACC network. Note, if you only have ESPN plus, you will not get this game. I believe spectrum and certain DIRECTV packages carries this network. most watering holes should have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2022, 02:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Could be used in a backup PG role. Excellent "pocket passing" ability."
Given the off-season debates in this forum, I couldn't help but legitimately LOL when I read this.

This isn't his lhsgolf's prediction, but Rothstein's that he was quoting. And it really isn't Rothstein's either, just the SL from last year rolled over.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:00 PM
Brigadier General

I find it interesting that Rothstein called out Amafuele. The big guy is a huge unknown and it strikes me as a good sign that Rothstein gave him a shout out.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:04 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Jablo says Red and Blue Game is October 15th:

https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...5Es1_&ref_url=
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (09-28-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 09:05 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Jablo says Red and Blue Game is October 15th:

https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...5Es1_&ref_url=
Posted via Mobile Device
Officially Official

https://daytonflyers.com/news/2022/9...ay-oct-15.aspx
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Medford (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:09 AM

Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Rothstein names DaRon as one of the 15 players who will become stars this year
https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....022-23-season/
DaRon Holmes II, Dayton: He’s not Obi Toppin, but the 6-10 Holmes is one of the primary reasons why the Flyers are projected to be one of the top non power conference teams in college basketball during the upcoming season. A former Top-50 recruit, Holmes averaged 20 points and six rebounds over his final five games as a freshman while shooting an astronomical 68.3 percent from the field. Don’t be shocked if he’s the Atlantic 10 Player of the Year as a sophomore.
There are a few other names on the list that UD fans will recognize.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:04 PM
General

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-in-iarp-case/

Dayton and St Louis listed amongst the offseason "winners"
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
hawkoooo (09-30-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 05:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Officially Official

https://daytonflyers.com/news/2022/9...ay-oct-15.aspx
Yesterday Neil talked about the Red and Blue game during the NIL town hall.

The autograph sessions are presented by CareSource. They are an NIL opportunity for our players. Neil mentioned attending those sessions as a means of supporting NIL opportunities for our players (at no cost to the fans). People attending increases the likelihood of similar events being funded in the future.
He asked everyone to spread the word about the importance of supporting NIL opportunities, so I'm spreading the word about this one.
Doors open at 12:30
Men's team autographs at 12:45-1:45
Each fan can bring one item to be autographed.
Women's team autographs after their scrimmage.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-30-2022), flyerman (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 12:41 PM

Gary Parrish has UD at #25 in his Top 25 & 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...for-acc-title/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-05-2022), jack72 (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 02:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
Gary Parrish has UD at #25 in his Top 25 & 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...for-acc-title/
We must have had a bad week last week because we dropped 2 spots.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-30-2022), superfan99 (09-30-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 04:00 PM
General of the Air Force

3 New Walk-Ons:

Cole Hatkevich

Ty Locklear

Atticus Schuler

Locklear was Ohio D-III Special Mention
Schuler was Ohio D-II Honorable Mention (He's also 6'6"-6'7")
Old 10-04-2022, 05:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Brooks Hall at Practice today (sent out a tweet)

1. This is the Deepest team I've seen at Dayton.
2. Mongolian Mike is really good at Basketball.
3. Kobe Elvis has become a vocal leader.
4. Seems like everyone improved in the offseason... Making #1 True

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 10-04-2022 at 05:18 PM..
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (10-05-2022), Flyer 86 (10-05-2022), FLYER5 (10-05-2022), Fudd (10-04-2022), fuz_forward (10-05-2022), Glen Clark (10-05-2022), Runnin' Rebel (10-05-2022), SC_Flyer (10-04-2022), sheg (10-05-2022), springborofan (10-05-2022), The Fly (10-05-2022), tirebiter (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 07:20 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute

Loved #2, as many of us have said. How will we get him in the lineup?
Posted via Mobile Device
Flyer 86 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 07:52 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute

I love hearing this. I think that Mongolian Mike is the key to the season. I know how good we are everywhere else, but we were short on PG ball movement when Malachi is tired, off the floor or hurt.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:38 PM

Sports Illustrated includes UD on their list of five schools primed for a breakout season.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/0...eighton-dayton
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-05-2022), fuz_forward (10-06-2022), Medford (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 02:38 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
We must have had a bad week last week because we dropped 2 spots.
There is probably a Big Ten team "gaining steam" and that is why we dropped.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Brigadier General

That this team is as deep as any prior team speaks to the recruiting CAG and his staff are doing.

It has taken CAG a few years, and there have been some hiccups along the way, but I think this program is as well positioned for the future than at any time in the many (many!) years I’ve followed it.

My only concern is about class balance but given the new free agent era, a coach can’t plan too far out into the future. Ultimately, success brings in recruits anyway so that issue should fade over the next few years.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:06 PM
Colonel

That this team is as deep as any prior team speaks to the recruiting CAG and his staff are doing.

It has taken CAG a few years, and there have been some hiccups along the way, but I think this program is as well positioned for the future than at any time in the many (many!) years I’ve followed it.

My only concern is about class balance but given the new free agent era, a coach can’t plan too far out into the future. Ultimately, success brings in recruits anyway so that issue should fade over the next few years.

Yep. The transfer portal will take care of class and balance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2022, 04:53 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Loved #2, as many of us have said. How will we get him in the lineup?
Posted via Mobile Device

There's more by Brooks on Twitter

Last edited by Flyer 86; 10-07-2022 at 07:05 PM..
Old 10-05-2022, 07:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Brooks has a video clip of Mike doing a series of dunks that would give Obi a run for his money. Young man is super athletic.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-05-2022), Fudd (10-07-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Brooks has a video clip of Mike doing a series of dunks that would give Obi a run for his money. Young man is super athletic.
I am not on Twitter, I may consider it if Musk buys it. How can we see the dunks?
Posted via Mobile Device
FLYER5 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 07:54 PM
Staff Writer

Keegan Gupta posted these MM dunks on Twitter and Brooks retweeted them, saying of MM:

Okay wait a minute…why haven’t I seen “elite athlete” in any of his player evals??? A 6’7” playmaking combo guard with this kind of athleticism is kind of a big deal, sheesh

I’m not on Twitter either but you should be able to see them:

https://twitter.com/keegan_gupta/sta...Cw4avytL0rAAAA
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 10-05-2022 at 09:46 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (10-07-2022), mikeymo85 (10-06-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 09:38 PM

Wow! Wow! Wow!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2022, 08:14 PM
Colonel

The Mountain West released its national TV schedule. Get some strong evening coffee fellas, because our game against UNLV will be tipping at 11 PM Eastern. CBS Sports net work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 02:08 PM

Malachi makes Rothstein's list of 20 under the radar breakout players for this coming season.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....022-23-season/
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (10-08-2022), Flyer 86 (10-07-2022), FLYER5 (10-07-2022), fuz_forward (10-07-2022), Glen Clark (10-07-2022), jack72 (10-07-2022), Jeff (10-08-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-07-2022), Medford (10-07-2022), San Diego Flyer (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Brigadier General

I hope Mali has worked on his outside shot over the summer. If he can get a defense to stay honest about defending his shot, he will just become even more lethal.
FLYER5 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:41 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
That, and I hope he's worked on his willingness to dish instead of driving to the basket a highly predictable percentage of the time. Those would help greatly to complete him as a player.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (10-08-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:00 PM
General

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
That, and I hope he's worked on his willingness to dish instead of driving to the basket a highly predictable percentage of the time. Those would help greatly to complete him as a player.
I understand what you are saying, Flyer 5. But I think he should continue to drive to the hoop as much as possible...but there is a decision point in the process at which he needs to decide to continue with the shot, dump it down to a cutter in the lane or along the baseline, or kick it out to a three-ball shooter. Mali got into trouble last year when he was "hell bent for leather" continuing to the hoop for a shot. Way too often, and I think this is what you were alluding to, he would continue to the hoop for a shot and invariably get it blocked by the opposing center or power forward. He needs to improve his decision-making while he is penetrating in the paint. If he does that, he will be the premier point guard in the A-10 and a top-ten point guard in the country.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-08-2022), Jeff (10-08-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:19 PM

Our first opponent has problems.

http://es.pn/2dvenXQ
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2022, 08:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
ESPN needs to update their information. They are no longer a DII school.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 10:13 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
I understand what you are saying, Flyer 5. But I think he should continue to drive to the hoop as much as possible...but there is a decision point in the process at which he needs to decide to continue with the shot, dump it down to a cutter in the lane or along the baseline, or kick it out to a three-ball shooter. Mali got into trouble last year when he was "hell bent for leather" continuing to the hoop for a shot. Way too often, and I think this is what you were alluding to, he would continue to the hoop for a shot and invariably get it blocked by the opposing center or power forward. He needs to improve his decision-making while he is penetrating in the paint. If he does that, he will be the premier point guard in the A-10 and a top-ten point guard in the country.
I believe so too. He had tremendous success early on driving for lay-ups. Some of his shots were unbelievable with how he wriggled free and got them off in the land of tall trees. Nearer the end of the season it was pretty much the opposite. I hope he keeps it up but finds the balance of knowing when and when not to drive to the hoop. It does cut deep when he gets the bonus foul in there for sure. It's kind of like taking a knight with your pawn when that happens. And then there's the whole mind game that goes on when that threat is present. I expect to see a big improvement because he remains a huge weapon and not just a threat to drive to the hoop.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:08 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
This is an ESPN screwup. Their story said the arrest happened on Oct 14 (6 days in the future). I googled one of the players involved (Newman) and he was listed as a senior at Lindenwood during the 18-19 season.

ESPN should do better.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (10-08-2022), jack72 (10-08-2022), m21eagle45 (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 04:05 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
This is an ESPN screwup. Their story said the arrest happened on Oct 14 (6 days in the future). I googled one of the players involved (Newman) and he was listed as a senior at Lindenwood during the 18-19 season.

ESPN should do better.
This happened in 2016 but ESPN somehow put an Oct 6th 2022 date on their article.

Here's an article from the St. Louis Dispatch from Oct 21st 2016 with the same accusations and the same 3 players:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...4aca346d6.html
Old 10-08-2022, 05:42 PM
General

Agreed!
Old 10-10-2022, 09:03 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Mali has worked on his outside shot over the summer. If he can get a defense to stay honest about defending his shot, he will just become even more lethal.
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
A floater will also help to elevate his game.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Marysville Flyer (10-10-2022), springborofan (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute

I trust this assessment as Brooks is no nonsense in his comments. He's the least company line guy associated with the program in my opinion.

I know this is very early in the NIL / Portal Chaos era but I continue to believe that UD has everything set-up to be much more successful than any time since the 60s in this new environment and this environment may help them in that goal.

There will always be great kids and players like Deuce that just want to be a part of winning and positive culture. If AG can send a couple more guys to the Association over the next few years and can have good success in the tourney as a part of that, there will be plenty of guys like Deuce, Camara, Jazz ... that will want to ride that train. I'd include Mali in this but not sure how much Scooch influenced him in his decision.

Deuce is so much like Obi in his leadership because he doesn't act like the typical superstar. He's all in. Guys love playing with a star without the ego. Get a few superstars that are like this and there will be lots of other really good players that want to be a part of that.

The fact that only Weaver left after last year shows what Class, Culture, and Team can mean in this new wild environment. We'll see if AG can establish UD as 'The Place to Be' (but with a full-sized pool table).
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-11-2022), TommyGola (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 09:54 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
The fact that only Weaver left after last year ....
Moulaye Sissoko sends his love from North Texas.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-11-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-10-2022), Marysville Flyer (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 09:56 AM
General

Marysville Flyer: You are so right about the culture Coach Grant and his staff have created. I thought for sure we might lose several players in addition to Weaver. Now, a point on Weaver - I think he was immensely talented, but there were times when he just seemed to make a very poor decision. I really like what I see for this year. In fact, I keep asking myself this question...how do you keep so many good players in the mix for quality and quantity of time on the court?