UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-22-2022, 10:00 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,210 Times in 975 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Question Knicks @ Bulls

Prior to the UD vs Wyoming game on Dec 17th, the Knicks play at the Bulls on the 16th.
Is anyone planning to make it a "doubleheader" weekend?

Bulls tickets look steep for "cheap seats."

A friend suggested waiting until closer to game day to buy tickets so that I have some idea of how much playing time Obi is getting. I don't want to drop a bunch of cash to see him warm up and only see the floor for 7 minutes, so I'm thinking that's a good idea.
Flyer 86 (10-01-2022)
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2022, 11:05 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,712 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Good advice from your friend, given the recent coaching trends in NY.

I can not say for sure on Bulls tickets, but I know I have had luck waiting to get tickets for cheaper a week or less before game day for many events, including Final 4, Colts games, Blue Jackets games, etc......
Old 09-22-2022, 12:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,010 Times in 499 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Prior to the UD vs Wyoming game on Dec 17th, the Knicks play at the Bulls on the 16th.
Is anyone planning to make it a "doubleheader" weekend?

Bulls tickets look steep for "cheap seats."

A friend suggested waiting until closer to game day to buy tickets so that I have some idea of how much playing time Obi is getting. I don't want to drop a bunch of cash to see him warm up and only see the floor for 7 minutes, so I'm thinking that's a good idea.
Rolling the dice in that neighborhood two nights in a row...God speed my friend.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:10 PM
Colonel

zmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
Rolling the dice in that neighborhood two nights in a row...God speed my friend.
"In that neighborhood"

The neighborhood that the United Center is located is completely fine. The west loop has some of the best restaurants in the world and there is an insane amount of development
Old 09-27-2022, 10:12 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
Just a quick comment on Knicks schedule ...
In addition to playing Bulls, they then travel to Indy to play the Pacers.
We are debating watching Flyers and traveling to Indy that night (get out of Chicago and find cheaper hotels).

Still waiting for late decision... to watch Obi's playing time but also watching trades.
Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-01-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 12:37 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, maybe there's a chance you can see Kostas play a minute or two if you don't get enough of your Flyers fix with Obi.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:27 PM
Colonel

Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
"In that neighborhood"

The neighborhood that the United Center is located is completely fine. The west loop has some of the best restaurants in the world and there is an insane amount of development
There are some good restaurants in the general vicinity but you have to go a few blocks east, "finest in the world" is a gross exaggeration, unless you REALLY love the Billy Goat.

Regardless, a 12 year old kid is going to ask you for $20 bucks to watch your car, give it to him, because what he is really telling you is "for $20 I won't f-up your car." The issues in Chicago have become sort of unpredictable since crime is now a problem everywhere, but that neighborhood has never been great. I'll stand by my comment, or I can change it to "in that city/state" to reflect current reality.

Last edited by Flyers98; 09-28-2022 at 12:02 PM..
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 10:43 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,166 Times in 4,198 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
There are some good restaurants in the general vicinity but you have to go a few blocks east, "finest in the world" is a gross exaggeration, unless you REALLY love the Billy Goat.

Regardless, a 12 year old kid is going to ask you for $20 bucks to watch your car, give it to him, because what he is really telling you is "for $20 I won't f-up your car." The issues in Chicago have become sort of unpredictable since crime is now a problem everywhere, but that neighborhood has never been great. I'll stand by my comment, or I can change it to "in that city" to reflect current reality.
Agree...it has been several years, but before and after any event there, the neighborhood did not seem great, it had a safer feel during an event because of all the people around.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:59 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Agree...it has been several years, but before and after any event there, the neighborhood did not seem great, it had a safer feel during an event because of all the people around.
Everything else aside, I went to the game against Colorado and they had all the parking set up at Malcolm X College which was very nice and well organized. You walked into the alumni mixer right from the parking lot and then right out the door and across the street/lot to the UC. I certainly wasn't trying to discourage anyone from going. It will be fun and it will be safe.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:20 PM
Colonel

zmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud of
I meant more Fulton Market/West Loop which is more than a couple blocks, but certainly walkable and there certainly are world class restaurants there. The area is fine especially before/after an event and the billy goat is a perfect post game spot for a quick beer
Posted via Mobile Device