Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Tough schedule and Tight.

To defend the boys, We needed a cupcake on Sat after the win and travel to Vandy. They were a solid and well coached team that will do well. One day to practice is tough. Still make 3 more fouls and we find a way. I thought the team and the staff played tight, afraid to make mistakes and be aggressive. Archie lost faith in the bench. I know we wont see it this year but to keep beating the horse even if its dead, I watched X get there 16 point lead cut to 5. Mack switched to an AGGRESSIVE 1-3-1 zone and trapped the side and UC scored only 3 baskets in the last 9 min. It also got he X offense going with some steals. Would like to see Charles with his wingspan on top of a Zone trap to get us going from time to time. Lol and I would like DP/STEVE/Pollard behind him. Our best 4 min against X were the trap Archie tried down 24, We turned them over and scored 6 straight points. It can work and sometimes ya have to shake it up. last thought the frosh are not ready, helpful but not ready for prime time. Need DP Now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flybye For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-14-2015), FLYER5 (12-14-2015)
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
To defend the boys, We needed a cupcake on Sat after the win and travel to Vandy. They were a solid and well coached team that will do well. One day to practice is tough. Still make 3 more fouls and we find a way. I thought the team and the staff played tight, afraid to make mistakes and be aggressive. Archie lost faith in the bench. I know we wont see it this year but to keep beating the horse even if its dead, I watched X get there 16 point lead cut to 5. Mack switched to an AGGRESSIVE 1-3-1 zone and trapped the side and UC scored only 3 baskets in the last 9 min. It also got he X offense going with some steals. Would like to see Charles with his wingspan on top of a Zone trap to get us going from time to time. Lol and I would like DP/STEVE/Pollard behind him. Our best 4 min against X were the trap Archie tried down 24, We turned them over and scored 6 straight points. It can work and sometimes ya have to shake it up. last thought the frosh are not ready, helpful but not ready for prime time. Need DP Now.
100% agree...Add in everybody (mainly the national media) in that 24-48 period telling them how great they were..Plenty of Chatt. players that can play on top 25-40 teams..UD was slow to react, slow footing defensively, and no urgency on the offensive end and it's a bit tougher to get out of the quick sand once you're in it..

AM working with 5 new players and missing an A10 1st team player......I believe they're loving having Big Steve around too much and paying admission in watching him swat everything around the rim...UD hasn't had a kid like that in decades...UD players still learning how to play together and pickup defensive assignments, etc.....

Folks, RELAX!! They have played a brutal schedule in only 9 games thus far and have 3-4 very good wins..........They ain't winning the rest of their games and losing saturday night will do far more positive for them in their approach, etc. going forward than any negative..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-14-2015), FLYER5 (12-14-2015), Garson (12-15-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:47 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Right, if your offense sucks..... or is off, to give some respect....

you up your Defensive Game. Just ask the ex VCU coach. Trap, play a 1-3-1, pressure the ball up the court, something.

We have some good defenders. Cooke and Scooch and Kyle in a 3-2 perhaps
or a 1-3-1... though 1-3-1 requires plenty of practice. We won't see that, but kinda have some of the personnel for it perhaps.

Meaning Xeyrius, Pollard, Cooke. Even Steve and Sam and Ryan could help on that. Need guys with long arms who can move laterally. Likely better with a 3-2 to stop shooters - With Big Steve and Pollard working the blocks

Last edited by Flyer 86; 12-14-2015 at 06:55 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-14-2015), rollo (12-14-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm wondering if anybody else thinks we should have pressured the ball or trapped or done something different (zone?) as opposed to just letting their guy dribble the ball uncontested for over 20 seconds at the end of the game and then drive to the hoop. As I recall, we hadn't been too successful stopping their dribble drives previously.