UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2015-2016 Game Threads

2015-2016 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Colonel

Falcon7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
We had 11 turnovers in the first 18 minutes and 1 in the last 27.
That is almost impossible, as was the way we won.

Last edited by Falcon7; 03-05-2016 at 11:19 PM..
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2016, 11:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, game set match. Agree Dayton is not as good as they have been, BUT I am going out on a limb and predicting Dayton will do very well in the NCAA tourney. My reasoning is that we have seen this A-10 scenario before with BG. A-10 teams know one another very well and it gets tough when you play the same teams who know your weaknesses.

Going into the NCAA we will be seeing teams that are not as familiar with us and therefore we will play much better. Dayton will feast on new teams and players not part of the A-10. Not sure what our seed will be for the big tourney but at least there will be fresh meat to devour.

Schoochie has stepped up big time and silenced his critics including me. congrats to Schoochie, Archie and the flyers. Not pretty but no game against VCU is.
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Captain

FlyerLiar has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerLiar has a spectacular aura about
We had 11 turnovers in the first 18 minutes and 1 in the last 27.
That is crazy AND the only way we had a chance to win. 12 isn't bad, especially against VCU. Scoochie is playing studly.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,129 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Scooch's stats tonight are total all-american. The best performance by a Flyer in a long time.

29 pts on 8-17 shooting, 3-7 on threes and 10-12 FT
8 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block, 2 steals and 2 turnovers

His dribbling and control of the ball was amazing.

Rest of the team was 13-43 shooting and 11-21 on free throws.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (03-06-2016), Cityengr (03-06-2016), Dillomernda (03-05-2016), Falcon7 (03-05-2016), FlyerGuyer (03-05-2016), NYCFLYER (03-06-2016), Whacker (03-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 11:13 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Does this mean UD is off the bubble now?
Absolutely, and our seed just got higher. Two key wins with Richmond and VCU...and we stole both of them under the duress of foul-outs and a hobbled Pollard.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 11:33 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
At the game and this was well worth the trip to Dayton. Felt strange not following this thread.

Simply incredible finish. Rita must have been praying her rosary.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 12:14 AM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have a link to an archive of this game? I was on a plane and missed it all I would like to watch it if there is an archive out there on the web somewhere.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:27 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Scooch's stats tonight are total all-american. The best performance by a Flyer in a long time.

29 pts on 8-17 shooting, 3-7 on threes and 10-12 FT
8 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block, 2 steals and 2 turnovers

His dribbling and control of the ball was amazing.

Rest of the team was 13-43 shooting and 11-21 on free throws.
That has to go down as one of the best Flyer performances for any player in the history of the team. That drive and score to get us back in the game was a thing of beauty.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
That has to go down as one of the best Flyer performances for any player in the history of the team. That drive and score to get us back in the game was a thing of beauty.
At the very least, it's one of the most critical "rise to the occasion" performances in relation to the rest of the team's performance that I can recall (and I can recall games all the way back to the late 60s). Team defense was generally OK, with a few lapses and a few standout plays, but without Scoochie tonight, our offense was worse than my daughter's 4th grade team 17 years ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:22 AM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
One other comment. It may have been just a little thing in the grand scheme of things, but I thought the freshman twosome of Steve & X did a decent job on defense in OT, after we had lost both Pierre & Pollard to fouls. Granted, VCU runs a perimeter-oriented offense, but they had a pretty tough time scoring in the paint in OT, and a lot of that was Steve being in the right place at the right time, and not committing the silly fouls that have been so common over the past month or so. Nice to see, especially with the game on the line.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-07-2016), flyerfever (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

flyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to behold
Seems like we did something to limit MO's touches for the most part. We banged with him fairly well.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 PM
General of the Air Force

One other comment about Steve. When you watch the replay of the final play, from the camera angle on the baseline by the Flyers' bench, you see the pass go to Johnson in the corner. From the right side of the screen, you then see Steve flying at him from under the hoop, arm outstretched. It looked like Johnson might have tried to adjust the trajectory of his shot to get it over Big Steve and, in the process, put too much air under it.

Johnson may have still missed the shot anyway. But from looking at the replay, it sure looks like Steve had an effect on that shot being missed. That, plus 8 boards in a little more than 20 minutes, makes for a halfway decent outing for our FRESHMAN center. And, as the saying goes, the best thing about Freshmen is, they become Sophomores.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
Does anyone have a link to an archive of this game? I was on a plane and missed it all I would like to watch it if there is an archive out there on the web somewhere.
Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing it again - once I take my nitro pill.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing it again - once I take my nitro pill.
Is there a waiting period before they post the replays on the A10 website? I noticed that the most recent game is Feb 24th.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerLiar View Post
That is crazy AND the only way we had a chance to win. 12 isn't bad, especially against VCU. Scoochie is playing studly.
I was watching this and in the first half I was begging the team to take care of the ball. Turnovers were awful -- 10 or 11 at halftime. Archie must have gotten on them because the 2nd half was excellent.

On the flip side -- we were ahead in rebounds by several in the first half and VCU totally controlled the rebounding in the 2nd half and won it for the game.

It was an interesting contrast to watch these two stats. Of course the best stat was the final score.

Also -- free-throw in the first half kept us in the game.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
Was great to see Kyle and Scootie step up and be the men that lead this team. But how about the leadership to show Cooke and Big Steve how to play in these moments. This was a huge learning opportunity. I did not think either Cooke or Steve were up to the task. But then again, they were best to support those who had been there before. I am sure both will have lots of video and teaching moments from this game. It was an awesome opportunity to have most of the season under their belt, but to live the pressure of this type of game.

And by the way, I officially apologize to all of Section 302 for having to hear me yell repeatedly at the top of my lungs ... 'Kyle freakin Davis'' (Not exactly sure what a mancrush is, but total props to Davis...)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-08-2016), MikeF (03-08-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is "just" another UD has great fans post -- but I never take this for granted. UD Arena and UD fans are simply way above the average program, so I say post as many of these are we find. It simply is not like this everywhere and we should celebrate it every chance we get.

From the VCU forum:

Just back from Dayton and all I want to say is if you have never seen a game at UD Arena put it on your bball bucket list. Although not the outcome we wanted it was an absolutely awesome experience. 13,500 Dayton fans + a couple of dozen ? VCU fans scattered throughout screaming their heads off supporting their team was magical. Their fans are extremely knowledgeable and were totally respectful to my son and I. They had nothing but compliments about our team and more than a few wanted to know more about that Tillman guy! lol

I can tell you that my wife and I were at the game and we stayed in the same hotel as the team. We saw the boys at breakfast, before and after morning shoot around and jsut before tip-off. Our boys were locked in for this one it was just a tough game and a few shots didn't fall. UD Arena is an awesome venue, with an amazing crowd, student section and band. Great home advantage yet our boys were in it all the way. The UD fans earned tremendous respect for our program and said as much openly to my wife and I. I also have tremendous respect for their program and the fans were welcoming and great sports about all our cheering. It was a great experience and I would love to go back there soon.

We originally had nosebleed seats to the game but a UD fan sold us season ticket holder seats on the lower level center court for face value. And yes we were in full VCU gear when he sold them to us. Great bunch of folks out there.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 03-07-2016 at 08:20 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-08-2016), Flyer 86 (03-08-2016), Tony T 71 (03-10-2016), UDBaby (03-08-2016)