User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
General

Thanked 5,463 Times in 2,388 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I've never been so happy about 1 for 8

Think about it. The kid is a freshman. His first game was an unmitigated disaster of a foul, 2 TO's, and I don't think he crossed half court before getting pulled by the coach for the rest of the game.

His second game he goes 0-7 . . . 0-7!!! Never hesitated on any of them. And what does he do when he gets another shot?

F--- you all, I'm shooting it. 1-8.

Somewhere Jimmie Binnie just felt a disturbance in the force.

SHOOT IT AGAIN LUKE. Please. Don't hesitate, don't think, just shoot it.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (11-19-2008), Columbia Blue (11-19-2008), Flyer 86 (11-19-2008), longtimefan (11-19-2008), Whacker (11-20-2008)
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
We talked about it on the way home.

If you are a shooter.....

If you are cold, shoot till you are hot.

Hell, that was my motto back in the day and still is in these **** 30 and over leagues.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM

AFflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
For some reason i kept wanting him to shoot as soon as he got it
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Major

allflyernamesaregone
I mentioned to the guy next to me, even if he misses every shot I already like Luke better than Binnie. He shoots no matter what. I think back to the Duquense game last year when Binnie had an open shot to win the game but hesitated and passed to a double teamed Andres Sandoval. Fabreeze shoots it. Who knows if he makes it, but he's got the baws to be a shooter.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
gotta love all four of these posts!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
If he was contested putting those up it is a different story, but he was getting the looks and putting them up there. The look good and they should start dropping. He also managed 3 boards.

The freshman are going to learn quickly that if they execute as they are told, even if they are beaten, they will continue seeing the rotation. Maybe not every game, but most.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Thanked 17,165 Times in 5,121 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
good comments all. i tied to work this angle into Flyer Feedback tonight. I think much of what you say carries a lot of weight. Its good to see a guy fling it. Luke is a good shooter. We know this. Its not a question of the wrong guy shooting shots he cant make in his skill set.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 PM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
I think Luke's shooting will come around. What I was more impressed with in terms of Luke tonight was much different.

He's starting to understand spacing on defense. He moved his feet a bit more tonight. Mostly I never felt like he was a liability on that end of the court tonight. He held his own in terms of the glass. He only got manhandled once but I don't think that was necessarily his fault he was surrounded coming down with the rebound.

If he can do that .... let it fly on the other end Luke. Can you do any worse than anybody else at this point? Although I would say he needs to be more active on the offensive end as well. My message to him would be ... stay active, move the feet.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 PM

AdamtheFlyer can only hope to improve
You know what, the one he made might have been the "worst" shot he took because he had a shooter rushing at with a hand in his face. All of his jumpers were good looks, and even though he rushed a couple, they were good shots. Keep doing that and they will fall in bunches.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Luke was still rushing. Hopefully the make will calm him down for the next game.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Captain

cbusflyer12 is on a distinguished road
When Delaware state went to a 3-2 and 2-3 zones I loved seeing Luke in the game. With him flashing to the free throw line we have another option in the offense. I can't remember the last time we had a big man who could make a 15 footer on a consistent basis (he has yet to prove he can but I like his chances). If he draws the defense to him we have CW, CJ, RL, and MJ behind the arc.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
This guy needs to **** and fire whenever he has an open look. A guy that can bang threeballs all day is dangerous. Fathreezius spiked number one of his career tonight, and I have a feeling he's going to put on a long range clinic in his career here. As he gets more comfortable playing at this level, the shots will start falling like crazy. Keep hoisting triples Big Luke!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,173 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
The same thing can be said for Mickey Perry. He missed his first few three's, but he did shoot a few more. He did hit one as well, just like Luke did. I told my friend who was with me, that they both need to keep shooting the ball to get the confidence that they can hit it. They can't cave to the 0-fer's, but attach the 0-fer's instead.

Figgie
Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that I'd like to see Luke keep shooting them.

But he could end up with a year like Diebler had at Ohio State last year. He kept shooting them all year. And they never really went down. He never got hot. All year. Let's hope Luke's shot will come around sooner rather than later, because I LOVE having a guy who presents such matchup problems for the other team.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Thanked 10,182 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I think he will come around, but if he doesn't let him get it out of his system this year. He and CJ will be studs for the next 3 years. Because of their size and release, they can get off shots that Binnie and MP can't.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:50 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Now is the time

This is the time of the season to go 0 for 7 and keep shooting, in games against DSU when we are up by 20 points. Note that Luke didn't get 8 shots or even see the floor in the 2nd half against Wofford.
I hope Luke gets many more opportunities in the next 2 games so that he can get coomfortable and start out 3-3 or 4-5 against Auburn and Marquette. Better competition won't afford him the luxury of those 4 or 5 "warm-up" shots, but if he comes out hot, he's buy himself a lot more time.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
I think he will come around, but if he doesn't let him get it out of his system this year. He and CJ will be studs for the next 3 years. Because of their size and release, they can get off shots that Binnie and MP can't.
Perry has got a nice form and I will remain patient with his shot. He does not force his shots and takes a lot of them from NBA range. For the most part his shots look good, he just hasn't found the sweet spot. Perry has the green light to keep shooting in my book.

I am really happy that we are discussing who has the best shot and who should keep shooting instead of reminiscing about last year and Roberts uncanny ability to drop balls into the bucket over defenders with 8" of height advantage and if only we had a shooter to spread the D. Looks like we have LF, CJ, RL with an outside shot. MP who shouldn't be ignored and MJ and CW firing them as well.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not exactly on board with our "shooters" just yet. We did just come off a game where we shot 23/63. We weren't a whole lot better than that last game. This might fly against lesser opponents but it's got to stop or we're in trouble. On paper they look great. Problem solved? Not so fast.

I'm going to throw just a bit more fuel on this fire.

v Capital - 56%
v Gannon - 48%
v Wofford - 41%
v Delaware - 36.5%

Last edited by Canonball; 11-20-2008 at 08:01 PM..
Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (11-23-2008)
Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Colonel

I would concede on this argument but I was speaking of 3 point shooters which we were pretty concerned about all summer. We are hiting the three almost as much as a bunny shots, but our team three point shooting is not great. But it does have potential. We shall see when we get into it with a bigger stronger team.

It is way to early to argue stats but we do have three shooters hitting 40% or better from the arc.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Big Mo will become famous soon enough
I'm good with Luke firing away. But must I be the first person to bring up... Cain Doliboa?
(ducking) Seriously, Luke is fun to watch and will likely be a fan favorite for years to come.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
Luke is starting off as Binnie did.

I hope the next 4 yrs will be different than JBs.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:49 AM

Thanked 10,182 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I was someone who really liked Binnie, but his shot and Fab's are night and day. Fab is taller, his release is higher over his head and much quicker, and he shoots a higher jump shot. Fab will will not worry about getting blocked on many shots the way JB did.

If fans get in his head the way they did JB, then he will turn into JB. Keep strokin' it Fab!
Old 11-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Colonel

daytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant future
who got in binnie's head? he got the loudest cheers of all at the arena for the 1-2 good plays he made each game.