User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
New FTS: "Life on the Road"

Only a click away:

http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?p=67588
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Only a click away:

http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?p=67588
Good read Swampy !!!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Swampy, here is a place you might want to try

www.texaspridebbq.com
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
UDB:

Looks great but that place is in East Boo Foo, TX.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

AustinFlyer is a glorious beacon of lightAustinFlyer is a glorious beacon of lightAustinFlyer is a glorious beacon of lightAustinFlyer is a glorious beacon of lightAustinFlyer is a glorious beacon of lightAustinFlyer is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Swampy, I hadn't checked the board in a few days and didn't realize you'd be down in my part of the woods. Next time you're heading to Austin, y'all shoot me a PM and I'll meet you for a brewski, as long as my social calendar permits it (i.e. not doing kid things).

BTW, if you see an 'RM' as in RM 620, that one stands for Ranch to Market.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Just off the Jet

udrocks98 is on a distinguished road
Why is this Blog article on UDPride?

Hi. I'm new to the UDPRIDE site, and I'm excited about the upcoming season.

However, I'm a bit confused about this "Life on the Road" article. If an article has nothing to do with UD or College Basketball, why does Swampy post that kind of article on this site?! I really don't care whether he eats good BBQ or not.

It looks like he posts other articles on UD which is fine, but I just question why UDPRIDE is hosting aticles which don't fit with the purpose of this web site.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Staff Writer

UDRocks98:

Welcome to the site and thanks for the feedback. It's the 1st of September, dude. There isn't a heck of a lot going on hoops-wise in Flyerland. I've been writing FTS for 8 years now and it isn't always about basketball. Chris is nice enuf and readers tolerant enuf to let me pen the occasional off-topic column about life in general.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm putting the finishing touches on a piece that's almost exclusively about hoops. It'll be up soon.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udrocks98 View Post
Hi. I'm new to the UDPRIDE site, and I'm excited about the upcoming season.

However, I'm a bit confused about this "Life on the Road" article. If an article has nothing to do with UD or College Basketball, why does Swampy post that kind of article on this site?! I really don't care whether he eats good BBQ or not.

It looks like he posts other articles on UD which is fine, but I just question why UDPRIDE is hosting aticles which don't fit with the purpose of this web site.
Relax UDRocks98, now you know that Swampy writes about things in the off season that may or may not have a direct link to UD but more often than not his posts have a link to flyers of the past as he was part of the communications department as a student and on UD's radio and brings back many fond memories of times past.

But now that you have been given a heads up you can elect to read or not read Swampy's articles. For many of us it is a plesant diversion away from all the bantering that sometimes goes on here between some posters.

BTW UDPride is not only about mens basketball but UD's other great sports teams as well. Mens and womens soccer is a high profile program with the ladies wining many A-10 tournements and appearing in the NCAA's. Vball of course has gone off the chart the last few years going 33-2 last year and has won the A-10 5 out of last 7 years. Womens basketball is on the rise too, so jump in anytime on any of the other sports as well.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Let us not forget...

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
BTW UDPride is not only about mens basketball but UD's other great sports teams as well. Mens and womens soccer is a high profile program with the ladies wining many A-10 tournements and appearing in the NCAA's. Vball of course has gone off the chart the last few years going 33-2 last year and has won the A-10 5 out of last 7 years. Womens basketball is on the rise too, so jump in anytime on any of the other sports as well.
FOOTBALL!!!