User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,948 Times in 2,944 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
"From the Swamp": Things You Can Learn On Twitter

Tweet, tweet:

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23957
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Pronto (11-03-2013)
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,171 Times in 5,125 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Bilas was under the impression I had a beef with hand checking calls and arm bars -- which I did not. He was also under the impression that most of those 70 fouls were hand checking calls and arm bars -- they were not.

There were 8 fouls before the first media timeout. It took all of five minutes for both teams to figure out all they needed to do was find contact in the paint and they would be rewarded with a defensive foul. Didnt matter if the defender was using their hands, chest, feet, or arms. Just jump into someone and get to the foul line. So "just don't foul" doesnt solve the problem.

There were plenty of hand checks called. Probably over 25. I was referring to the other 45 fouls that defied explanation. What we do know is the officials altered the way the entire game was played. I counted two mid-range jumpshots taken all game -- one by Sibert. You either chucked a three or dipped your head and dive-bombed the lane.

Jay's argument was,"if you are putting your arms/hands on a player, you arent moving your feet and defending well and that should be a foul."

I can live with that.

But it cuts both ways. if you aren't moving your feet as a ball handler and put your body into a defender's arms/hands, that should be an offensive foul because you instigated the contact to gain an advantage.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-04-2013), Fudd (11-04-2013), Sea Bass (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
Pretty depressing write-up of the A10 conference as "losers" in the Conference
Re-alignment deal.

And UD does not even get a mention.

I say we prove them wrong. Go Flyers.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
ps
here is the offending article:

https://rushthecourt.net/2013/10/29/...t-this-season/
Old 11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Bilas was under the impression I had a beef with hand checking calls and arm bars -- which I did not. He was also under the impression that most of those 70 fouls were hand checking calls and arm bars -- they were not.

There were 8 fouls before the first media timeout. It took all of five minutes for both teams to figure out all they needed to do was find contact in the paint and they would be rewarded with a defensive foul. Didnt matter if the defender was using their hands, chest, feet, or arms. Just jump into someone and get to the foul line. So "just don't foul" doesnt solve the problem.

There were plenty of hand checks called. Probably over 25. I was referring to the other 45 fouls that defied explanation. What we do know is the officials altered the way the entire game was played. I counted two mid-range jumpshots taken all game -- one by Sibert. You either chucked a three or dipped your head and dive-bombed the lane.

Jay's argument was,"if you are putting your arms/hands on a player, you arent moving your feet and defending well and that should be a foul."

I can live with that.

But it cuts both ways. if you aren't moving your feet as a ball handler and put your body into a defender's arms/hands, that should be an offensive foul because you instigated the contact to gain an advantage.
these officials were way over the top and once the offensive players figured out that they could initiate contact and get a foul called on the defense it was a free-for-all from then on. Made the game hard to watch.