Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
'67 team

when are they honoring the '67 team at the arena?
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2017, 04:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,712 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of the 67 Flyers, for those of you with Time Warner they have a 30 minute special on the 67 Flyers that I recorded in the middle of the night but not watched yet. Might check your channel guide and see if they are showing it again?
Old 01-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know when but whenever they are honoring them I hope they planned ahead and got some throwback uniforms made to wear for the game. They're pretty simple unis that wouldn't be hard to reproduce.

Last edited by C-time; 01-24-2017 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: added pic
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 04:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I don't know when but whenever they are honoring them I hope they planned ahead and got some throwback uniforms made to wear for the game. They're pretty simple unis that wouldn't be hard to reproduce.

I don't know, the guys may not be all in on wearing those shorts.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
The over/under for this response was set at 15 minutes by Vegas.

Under wins.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:59 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/0...s-pants-video/

Yep, think about the above if he were wearing 1967 shorts?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Speaking of the 67 Flyers, for those of you with Time Warner they have a 30 minute special on the 67 Flyers that I recorded in the middle of the night but not watched yet. Might check your channel guide and see if they are showing it again?
It was great! Hartsock had a discussion with Donoher, May, Hooper, Klaus, and Sadlier. I'll give you a little tidbit. Hartsock was commenting on what great rebounders May and Sadlier were. Sadlier then said something like, "Well you know our guards missed a lot of shots." Not sure if Klaus and Hooper thought it was funny or not.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-24-2017), moville (01-25-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 07:43 PM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
#checkthewomensvote

There are a lot of females who would like to see the men in shorts like the ladies beach volleyball shorts.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 08:00 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
Assume that picture of Lew (Kareem) being outjumped . . . that's the late Dan Obrovac. Understand he and Kareem became friends over the years and Kareem reached out to him at the end. Can anyone confirm that.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by moville View Post
Assume that picture of Lew (Kareem) being outjumped . . . that's the late Dan Obrovac. Understand he and Kareem became friends over the years and Kareem reached out to him at the end. Can anyone confirm that.
True dat. Archdeacon wrote about it after DO's passing.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Went back and looked at the 1966-67 roster and it brings back memories but I have to say, I don't remember that much about Gene Klaus. I remember more about Rudy Waterman at guard than Klaus.

Hooper was one of the best point guards in the country and played for the Indiana Pacers. He and May created the Ali Opp pass and basket. I forgot that Denny Papp, the Mad Bomber, was still on the team.

I think the best games were the Tenn. and North Carolina games. Before the UCLA game there was an article in some NY newspaper that said something about Donoher being up the whole night after the NC game trying to figure out how to defend Alcinder. Neither Torain or O'Brovac were successful. I think May might have been the high scorer even though I think he and UD got off to a slow start. The game showed what a class act John Wooden was because realistically, UCLA could have beaten us by 50 points.

Fun times. Still remember the couch being fire in the center of the intersection of Evanston and some other street, maybe Kefaber. Can't remember everything.

Odd thing was, next year essentially this same team started 7-9 and then had to win about 14 straight games to win the NIT.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:18 AM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Great team player, an even better person.

Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
Went back and looked at the 1966-67 roster and it brings back memories but I have to say, I don't remember that much about Gene Klaus.
I took several classes with Gene. He was a high energy spark plug off the bench. One of those savvy ballers like Ryan Mikesell. He was a 6th man who could really bring some disruption to the floor. A little like a poor man's Kyle Davis. On Saturday open gym you wanted to be on Gene's team on the occasions that he was able to make it. Coachable kind of player who every coach would want on his squad.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BOF02 (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Why does the ath.
Admin if/when
team is to recognized?
50th Anniv
appropriate. Why
kept a secret?
Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
....announce if/when....
Please!