User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 09:31 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody see this the other day.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...e-no-look-back

Last edited by CE80; 02-14-2017 at 09:57 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (02-17-2017), San Diego Flyer (02-14-2017)
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Anybody see this the other day.

I saw this...and noticed that the refs correctly credited the opponent with a 2-pt shot.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:44 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody se this the other day.

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I saw this...and noticed that the refs correctly credited the opponent with a 2-pt shot.
OK, lets say me with my awesome 42", or is that 4.2" vertical, was playing for NDSU, and I decided to jump up and snatch the ball out of the air right before it went through the basket, would it be goal tending since my own guy shot it?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:48 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
OK, lets say me with my awesome 42", or is that 4.2" vertical, was playing for NDSU, and I decided to jump up and snatch the ball out of the air right before it went through the basket, would it be goal tending since my own guy shot it?
I should have said it was a 2-pt 'pass'...regardless, the answer is:

Nope.

It's a pass, not a shot. Which is why it only counts for 2 pts. To be credited with a 3, it must legally be a 'shot'.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I should have said it was a 2-pt 'pass'...regardless, the answer is:

Nope.

It's a pass, not a shot. Which is why it only counts for 2 pts. To be credited with a 3, it must legally be a 'shot'.
My same question, but ball is on the rim still in the cylinder, can I knock it off?

What is the wager the opposing fans, and coach, goes bonkers over what I think your answer will be?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
My same question, but ball is on the rim still in the cylinder, can I knock it off?

What is the wager the opposing fans, and coach, goes bonkers over what I think your answer will be?
I already answered the question.

BRob2Perryman3 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,629 Times in 765 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Some games that can help us:

Nebraska (-4) needs to beat Penn State
VCU (-16.5) needs to beat St Joes
New Mexico (-2.5) needs to beat Boise State

For the bubble:
Ohio State or Michigan State? Thinking OSU send MSU off the bubble, but then again would that put OSU back on the bubble? They are not too far off the Dance Card...
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know how I feel about VCU now. It probably is good for them to win because I think we still need to beat them on Mar 1 but I would be okay if they lose another game. I want an outright conference regular season championship.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-14-2017), C-time (02-14-2017), San Diego Flyer (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
I don't know how I feel about VCU now. It probably is good for them to win because I think we still need to beat them on Mar 1 but I would be okay if they lose another game. I want an outright conference regular season championship.
If we win out, we'll get #1 seed. If we lose to VCU, they'd have to lose 2 additional games because they'd win the tie-breaker against us (not accounting for additional teams tied for 1st). Just WIN baby!
Old 02-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Brigadier General

CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill202 View Post
If we win out, we'll get #1 seed. If we lose to VCU, they'd have to lose 2 additional games because they'd win the tie-breaker against us (not accounting for additional teams tied for 1st). Just WIN baby!
I get that, but as long as we are in the top 4 we get a bye in the A10 tourney so it really does not matter that much. Obviously, winning out is preferred for many reasons, but not really a huge benefit for A10 tourney seeding.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:20 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Bill202 View Post
I know. I know but I wouldn't mind a little cushion.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM

Thanked 10,175 Times in 5,903 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KC Flyer View Post
It was the craziest comeback I have seen in a long time. KU scored i think 21 in the final 2 minutes.
The whole game seemed to be a game of big swings. Kansas seems to take time off every time they get a lead.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:56 PM

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, I would like an outright league title. Will VCU having one more loss really impact UD's seed in the NCAAT?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanked 2,428 Times in 829 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
If they lose one, let it be to Rhody (and us, of course). That might help us sneak three teams into the tourney.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Still wish Justin Bibbs would have came to UD. I don't really remember if UD had a chance or was recruiting him.
I think any chance we had of getting him went out the window when he ditched my other alma mater for the prep school in Florida.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
If they lose one, let it be to Rhody (and us, of course). That might help us sneak three teams into the tourney.
I think at this point the only way 3 teams are getting in is if UD or VCU doesn't win the tourney and even at that, I am not sure I would bet on it. I am greedy, I want both the regular season and tourney championship.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:06 PM

The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I want the same thing. But while you're probably right, if Rhode Island won out and then made it to the A-10 championship (losing to us!), I think they'd have a pretty strong case -- a couple of top 50 wins, including over Cincy, RPI in the 30s and momentum. Would be a tough call for the committee.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:16 PM
General of the Air Force

I want the same thing. But while you're probably right, if Rhode Island won out and then made it to the A-10 championship (losing to us!), I think they'd have a pretty strong case -- a couple of top 50 wins, including over Cincy, RPI in the 30s and momentum. Would be a tough call for the committee.
The thing is, under that scenario and assuming we beat VCU, I think VCU is out. They would have most likely lost to UD or URI twice (both in regular season and in tourney) and the other one once.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
VCU 48 St. Joes 44 Halftime.

Lewis has 18 with 6 3's at the half. Joes has played straight 2-3 the whole half since they have no players left. I'm hoping Martelli has a Box and 1 or Triangle and 2 ready to pull out for the 2nd half. Also VCU has played absolutely no defense at all.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 PM
General of the Air Force

My fear is Rhode Island ending up the 4 seed, and us facing them in the semi finals. Tough to beat the same good team 3 times in one season, especially one with as much potential and as high of expectations as Rhody has. So, hoping we run the table between now and then hoping somehow Richmond stumbles a bit and Rhody ends up the 3 seed.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 02-14-2017 at 07:13 PM..
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:46 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
VCU built a 9 point lead with 6:45 to go. Hawks kept it close for a while. Lewis now has 9 3s.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Mason 41 Richmond 28 halftime.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
St. Joe is playing without Kimble now for the rest of the year. He scored 25 again us. Another huge loss for St. Joe.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
St. Joe is playing without Kimble now for the rest of the year. He scored 25 again us. Another huge loss for St. Joe.
Tough break. I enjoy the A-10 a little more when St. Joe's is good.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
They hung with VCU for a long time, lost by only 10 at VCU with a decimated team. Gotta love their fight.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:34 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
They hung with VCU for a long time, lost by only 10 at VCU with a decimated team. Gotta love their fight.
That's the hallmark of a Martelli-coached team. Greater than the sum of its parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (02-15-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 10:36 PM
General of the Air Force

And for those who care, OSU has just gone down by 8 at Mich State.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
And for those who care, OSU has just gone down by 8 at Mich State.
Posted via Mobile Device
Which team winning helps us most?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
It's nuts... 3 of VCU's last 5 games are at Richmond, at URI and at UD... Wow!
Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
Which team winning helps us most?
Probably OSU. Both are bubble teams but MSU currently a 10 seed. Loss should knock them out for now.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:12 PM
General of the Air Force

MSU just beat OSU, which means MSU just played themselves up from the bubble, and OSU is "gaining steam".
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-15-2017), jack72 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 11:16 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
OSU is "gaining steam".
Posted via Mobile Device

Jerry Palm had them in his bracket like two days ago. It's a good loss so they pass the eye test, and if they finish off Nebraska and Penn State, they will definitely be gathering some big-time steam.
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 12:25 AM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Lobos over Boise. Thought for a bit they were going to pull another Nevada - but they held on.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:08 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
Jerry Palm had them in his bracket like two days ago. It's a good loss so they pass the eye test...
That was one thing Wally Szczerbiak said at halftime of the UD game I really liked: he asked at what point do people hold bubble teams accountable for their record? He was referring to Pittsburgh losing to Virginia Tech despite leading by 11 points at half time. Szczerbiak said basically people will look at that loss and say, "Oh, that's a good loss to a good conference team" but at some point you can't build your resume on only good losses. If only the selection committee felt the same way...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-15-2017), jack72 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:36 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
2/14

A10
VCU 91 v. St. Joe's 81
George Mason 93 v. Richmond 70

Flyer foes
Nebraska 82 v. Penn St. 66
New Mexico 78 v. Boise St. 73

Bubble teams
#13 Kentucky 83 v. Tennessee 58
Clemson 95 v. Wake Forest 83
Virginia Tech 66 @ Pitt 63
Georgia 79 v. Mississippi St. 72
Michigan St. 74 v. Ohio St. 66
Old 02-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
That was one thing Wally Szczerbiak said at halftime of the UD game I really liked: he asked at what point do people hold bubble teams accountable for their record? He was referring to Pittsburgh losing to Virginia Tech despite leading by 11 points at half time. Szczerbiak said basically people will look at that loss and say, "Oh, that's a good loss to a good conference team" but at some point you can't build your resume on only good losses. If only the selection committee felt the same way...
Smartest thing I've heard from a talking head in a looooooong time. I've been saying it for a long time that if you had a full schedule with all top 25 teams and went under .500 all of the analytics would still have you rated as a good team. At some point the whole object of the game is to actually WIN so I'd like to see it take that more into account again.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:35 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Izzo takes on Dakich's lowly comments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tter/97934972/
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Izzo takes on Dakich's lowly comments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tter/97934972/
I was watching the MSU - OSU game in the second half. There was something said but I didn't really know what they were talking about until I saw this. Pretty much bs out of Dakich. It is one thing for students to say things to each other like that but for a broadcaster to say it is bs.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-15-2017), PerrymanFan (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Brigadier General

Games that impact UD:

NW Wildcats need to keep winning! They host Maryland. Would be huge!
UMass vs Duquesne - who do we want here? On one hand, we play Duquesne twice but UMass beat us...
Rhody needs to beat Fordham. They are our only top 50 win (twice). So far.
Bama over Missouri would be big. If they can sneak closer to the bubble it makes us look that much better...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2017), jack72 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 08:55 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Fordham is going to win at Rhoda. That sucks
Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Duquesne pounded mass
NW is about to lose
Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Like Archie has always said don't let a team beat you twice.

Looks like UD destroyed URI's soul
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (02-15-2017), flyerfanatic86 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Rhody loss is a killer. If we keep winning it won't matter that they lost, but that's a big if.

They estimate to drop to 60 in the RPI.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Zero wins in top 50 now. Ouch.
Gotta win out
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Lieutenant General

2016-17 A-10 Standings

1= Dayton and VCU

3-14=
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-16-2017), Flyer 86 (02-18-2017), flyerfanatic86 (02-16-2017), FlyerGuyer (02-15-2017), Runnin' Rebel (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
Zero wins in top 50 now. Ouch.
Gotta win out
Posted via Mobile Device
I am not sure winning out is an absolute at this point but beating VCU is for a possible at large spot.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Brigadier General

I am not sure winning out is an absolute at this point but beating VCU is for a possible at large spot.
I dont know about that either. This is a weak bubble. There is talk of Clemson and Pitt for crying out loud. It is like nobody wants to make the tourney this year.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Entirely disagree. We have 9 top 100 wins in 13 tries which is far more than many teams considered on the bubble. You can't look at these things in a vacuum. Teams are compared to others teams. Have you seen the garbage that is considered "on the bubble". We aren't close to that level at this point. IMO, some 15-18 teams would have to leap frog us with only 5-7 games remaining. Highly unlikely.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:41 PM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
As every games goes by and UMass keeps losing I keep asking myself how is it possible that we lost to them.

And how the hell did URI only score 43 points tonight?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-15-2017), priceg75 (02-15-2017), ruechalgrin (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Brigadier General

Xavier falling big time.
First they lose Sumner.
Then Blueitt.
Now they lose to Providence (granted a bubble team)
Now they have lost two in a row
3 out of the last 5 are on the road

Not that I feel bad for them at all.

At what point would they be in danger of missing the tourney?
Old 02-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Lieutenant General

Xavier falling big time.
First they lose Sumner.
Then Blueitt.
Now they lose to Providence (granted a bubble team)
Now they have lost two in a row
3 out of the last 5 are on the road

Not that I feel bad for them at all.

At what point would they be in danger of missing the tourney?
Was thinking the same thing. You would think if they don't finish strong they may be in danger but they are in the BE so they will have a long leash.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:50 PM
General of the Air Force

I dont know about that either. This is a weak bubble. There is talk of Clemson and Pitt for crying out loud. It is like nobody wants to make the tourney this year.
Either they "don't want to make the tourney", or they're taking it for granted that they'll make the tourney based on who they know (aka conference affiliation).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Prior to the game their RPI was 13. They are miles away from missing the tournament.
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:04 PM
General of the Air Force

The bigger deal is that PC moves up on the bubble
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Major General

4-20 Tulane leads SMU on road by 10.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:36 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
A URI poster on Keaneyblue.com is saying that Hurley has 5 years and $5 million left on his contract...they can't afford to fire him.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The bigger deal is that PC moves up on the bubble
Sorry to disagree, but that is not the bigger deal!
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Is the "rivalry" over?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2017, 11:43 PM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

All you need to know about Pitt: 12/2/16 @ Pitt (RPI 60) 55, Duquesne (RPI 227) 64

Old 02-16-2017, 12:10 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
4-20 Tulane leads SMU on road by 10.
Just got back from the SMU game. Down 15 at half and looking like a 16 seed. They come back and score 53 the second half. They have size, athleticism, lazy defense, and a half court one-on-one offense. Tulane punked them the first half. This was the Mustang's trap game off an emotional win over Cincy. They survived it by 5. Everyone has one of those games, but not everyone gets lucky and dodges the upset.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
Regarding Xavier and their slide, i can recall the committee discounting pretty much our entire season because we lost chris wright. And chris wright was actually coming back for the post season. Sumner and Davis ain't coming back.

Found this quote from 'bracketology' in 2008:

Dayton [19-5 (11-2), RPI: 29, SOS: 86] The Flyers fell short against Xavier and now likely will miss the NCAAs. The overall profile looks very solid, but a lot of that was before Chris Wright got hurt. He never made it back, so the Flyers will have to be evaluated on how they looked without him, which wasn't nearly good enough. When healthy, Dayton had two outstanding nonconference wins -- at Louisville and vs. Pitt.

It's still mind blowing to me that they left us out that year. I doubt that Xavier will even be hurt at all by the committee even if they continue to struggle a bit. Not even in seeding. Their RPI will still be strong.

Meanwhile, we've played all of 2 games with our full line up. But that won't be considered at all.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer'95 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-16-2017), jack72 (02-16-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-16-2017), San Diego Flyer (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:50 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post
Regarding Xavier and their slide, i can recall the committee discounting pretty much our entire season because we lost chris wright. And chris wright was actually coming back for the post season. Sumner and Davis ain't coming back.

Dayton [19-5 (11-2), RPI: 29, SOS: 86] The Flyers fell short against Xavier and now likely will miss the NCAAs. The overall profile looks very solid, but a lot of that was before Chris Wright got hurt. He never made it back, so the Flyers will have to be evaluated on how they looked without him, which wasn't nearly good enough. When healthy, Dayton had two outstanding nonconference wins -- at Louisville and vs. Pitt.

It's still mind blowing to me that they left us out that year. I doubt that Xavier will even be hurt at all by the committee even if they continue to struggle a bit. Not even in seeding. Their RPI will still be strong.

Meanwhile, we've played all of 2 games with our full line up. But that won't be considered at all.
When it comes to extenuating circumstances it does seem that they only consider those for P5/BE schools and not the peasants. I thought the most egregeous was last year with Syracuse when they considered the absence of Boeheim even though the absence was a penalty imposed on him by the NCAA.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:22 AM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
_avier is gaining steam

Last edited by Fudd; 02-16-2017 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: meant to reply, not edit. Sorry
Old 02-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Just got back from the SMU game. Down 15 at half and looking like a 16 seed. They come back and score 53 the second half. They have size, athleticism, lazy defense, and a half court one-on-one offense. Tulane punked them the first half. This was the Mustang's trap game off an emotional win over Cincy. They survived it by 5. Everyone has one of those games, but not everyone gets lucky and dodges the upset.
They may have been one-on-one last night but SMU was far from a "half-court one-on-one offense" against UC. If you actually watched their game against UC they shared the ball extremely well,rotated the ball, kicked it out nicely, pump faked, and made multiple passes. Lots of athletes and lots of big bodies. The only reason that UC was even in the game in the 1st half was they were something like 6-11 from 3 pt. range which is far from anything Cronin has ever put out on the floor.

Last edited by steve; 02-16-2017 at 07:43 AM..
Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Major General

2/15

A10
Davidson 74 v. GW 63
Duquesne 96 v. UMass 66
Fordham 53 @ URI 43
St. Bona 83 v. LaSalle 65

Flyer foes
#23 Maryland 74 @ Northwestern 64
Winthrop 83 @ Longwood 63
E. Tenn. St. 79 v. Samford 77
Chattanooga 74 @ VMI 68
Alabama 57 @ Missouri 54

Bubble teams
Seton Hall 87 v. #20 Creighton 81
Arkansas 83 @ #21 S. Carolina 76
Providence 75 v. Xavier 63
Iowa St. 87 @ Kansas St. 79
Miami 70 v. Georgia Tech 61
Oklahoma St. 71 @ TCU 68
Illinois St. 67 @ Missouri St. 66
Nevada 78 @ Air Force 59
Wichita St. 87 @ S. Illinois 68
Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Sorry to disagree, but that is not the bigger deal!
No need to be sorry. Even with this loss, X is getting in. With a few more wins, PC could get in too.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
yeesh. does that loss knock URI out of the top 50? We really need them to be on the right side of 50.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by jerseyflyer09 View Post
yeesh. does that loss knock URI out of the top 50? We really need them to be on the right side of 50.
I believe I saw they are now at 59.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
I believe I saw they are now at 59.
just saw that. I try to stay positive but I feel like the 'solidly in at 7/8/9' is a little questionable. I know we have a lot of top 100 wins and only one bad loss (and even that loss isn't atrocious) but idk...i've seen us be in worse shape than we thought based on whatever the committee decides to value every year. I want to run the table of course, but I think we NEED VCU. We need that top 50 win.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by jerseyflyer09 View Post
just saw that. I try to stay positive but I feel like the 'solidly in at 7/8/9' is a little questionable. I know we have a lot of top 100 wins and only one bad loss (and even that loss isn't atrocious) but idk...i've seen us be in worse shape than we thought based on whatever the committee decides to value every year. I want to run the table of course, but I think we NEED VCU. We need that top 50 win.
UMass lost by 30 to Duquesne...it's atrocious.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-16-2017), CT Flyer (02-16-2017), Dillomernda (02-16-2017), jerseyflyer09 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 09:09 AM
General

Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post

Seems like that always comes up, but its an apples/oranges scenario. First, UD finished I think .500 in conference, the A10 wasn't super strong that season, UD had several very questionable losses down the stretch, and there was no guarantee that Chris Wright was going to play in an NCAA tournament game, remember he didn't play in the 1st round of the and only played 10 minutes in the second round vs Illinois State.

Fans like to prescribe all these conspiracy theories to the committee, and perhaps there's even truth to some of it, but that particular team, that particular season certainly wasn't playing like an NCAA team coming down the stretch. Full healthy, with Chris Wright there to take some of the load and attention away from BRob, they would have been dangerous but the committee had no reason to believe or think they'd ever see a healthy Chris Wright in the tournament.

The biggest advantages w/ the P5 conferences and the Big East is that there are far more opportunities for high quality wins, and a good chunk of those come on your own home court while at the same time, there are far fewer chances for really bad losses. That is one aspect I wish the committee would recognize. They seem perfectly happy to reward a team with a couple of high quality wins despite a large number of over all losses b/c they showed the "potential" to play great, while not considering just how difficult it is for any team to waltz into many of the venues in the A10, MVC, Mountain West, West Coast Conference, etc... and routinely pick up victories. I wish they would recognize that sometimes you are going to show up at a team like UMass and just not "have it", while a team in the P5 may show up and "not have it" but its against top 25 team so it just looks like a random drubbing w/ little time spent on the actual final score than a really bad loss.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Major General

I was wondering about the Dayton bracketology record from that "2008" listing... we never had an 11-2 conference record under BG that I can recall.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:59 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
They may have been one-on-one last night but SMU was far from a "half-court one-on-one offense" against UC. If you actually watched their game against UC they shared the ball extremely well,rotated the ball, kicked it out nicely, pump faked, and made multiple passes. Lots of athletes and lots of big bodies. The only reason that UC was even in the game in the 1st half was they were something like 6-11 from 3 pt. range which is far from anything Cronin has ever put out on the floor.
Did not see the Cincy game, but the SMU star was 4/17 last night. The team was the polar opposite of the Cincy game if they were that good.

"We just had to try to win the second half on grit really, and just will. And once again, they did," Jankovich said. "I have so much respect for our team. ... I hoped we learned a good lesson."

It was ugly. But the pure definition of a trap game. It will be interesting to see how they do in the NCAA's.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 AM
General

I assume that's 11-2 non conference, which felt like the norm under BG with a .500ish finish in conference play. That season, the OOC was very, very strong.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Major General

That's our record now, so I think it's just pulled in current data somehow. Even 11-2 OOC would be 8-3 in conference with that overall record... we never did THAT either.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:09 AM

I think BG's best conference records were his two NCAA seasons -- 12-2 in 2004 and 11-5 in 2009. Just about everything else was 8-8 or worse.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-16-2017), Flyer 86 (02-18-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 11:31 AM

UD had some bad losses in 2008, and the sos of 86 was not great, those were part of the reasons for the snub.

I am not defending the committee's decision, just offering additional rationale.

Last edited by ud2; 02-16-2017 at 11:33 AM..
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jerseyflyer09 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
_avier is gaining steam
You mean, "...is a steaming pile"?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Another big factor. Of course, I have no proof, but teams with a consistent history of making the dance and with head coaches that analysts talk about a lot seem to have an edge in getting into the dance. Archie has clearly put us in that category. Not to mention TV ratings, which I'm sure are always better than average when we play. There is a lot more for us than there is against us.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Major General

2/16

Flyer foes
#22 St. Mary's 81 v. Loyola Marymount 48
Vanderbilt 72 v. Texas A&M 67
Austin Peay 85 v. E. Illinois 80
Pacific 76 @ Portland 65

Bubble teams
Michigan 64 v. #11 Wisconsin 58
UNC-Wilmington 66 @ Northeastern 65
Middle Tennessee 78 @ W. Kentucky 52
Old 02-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Major General

2/16

Flyer foes
Pacific 76 @ Portland 65

Bubble teams
That was a huge win for Michigan. They have been playing some good basketball as of late. They also have wins over Indiana and MSU the last couple of weeks.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
But .... this is not your father's Indiana, nor your father's MSU......
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 10:44 AM

The advantage of playing in a tough league, not only more recognition and SOS, but you can right a bad season by knocking off some good teams late in the season, and make the NCAA despite a bad record.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
2/16

Flyer foes
Pacific 76 @ Portland 65

Bubble teams
Wilmington has a very high ceiling. The problem is they don't always play up to it, but when they do they're really good. They almost blew that one last night, but still have at least an outside shot for an at-large bid if they end up needing it.

It sucks that both Middle Tennessee and UNCW will most likely have to win what is essentially a road game in order to win their conference tournaments. The Colonial is in Charleston, and although it's not on CofC's campus, the crowd will certainly be partial toward them if the two meet in the finals. Middle Tennessee may have to play UAB in Birmingham as early as the semis.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
That was a huge win for Michigan. They have been playing some good basketball as of late. They also have wins over Indiana and MSU the last couple of weeks.
Unlucky scheduling, possibly, for a team looking to "gather steam" with four of their last five games on the road...though one of those is Rutgers, and I don't think it matters where you play them (but, hey, New York City television eyes!).
Old 02-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Ohio State. So disappointing.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Ohio State. So disappointing.
Well at least it was Nebraska who beat them so it at least helps UD a little this year.

And Northwestern managed to not lose to Rutgers so that's good too.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Marquette 21 Xavier 2

13:35 left in the first half.

I hate both teams but that score is just absurd.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-19-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 09:56 PM
General

frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Xavier is on a gravity-assisted trajectory toward the bottom of the big east. Losing big to a mediocre Marquette team 65-49 with just under 8 min left in the game
Old 02-18-2017, 10:13 PM
General

The bloodbath has mercifully ended.

gXavier 61
Marquette 83
Old 02-18-2017, 10:42 PM

Big win for Vandy over No. 21 (and overrated) South Carolina. Commodores may yet turn into a Top 50 win. Most Flyer foes having a nice night.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-18-2017), ruechalgrin (02-18-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 09:11 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Xavier is on a gravity-assisted trajectory toward the bottom of the big east. Losing big to a mediocre Marquette team 65-49 with just under 8 min left in the game
Checked KenPom this morning for a different reason, and saw where he currently has X rated 37th. Their RPI is still in the teens, but those numbers may not have been updated for the Marquette result.

I know they've had injuries to a couple of key players (Sumner & Bluiett), but the sudden lack of competitiveness is still a bit surprising. Will be interested to see how they fare over the next 5-6 games.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Brigadier General

Big win for Vandy over No. 21 (and overrated) South Carolina. Commodores may yet turn into a Top 50 win. Most Flyer foes having a nice night.
Currently 49th. And Rhody is making their way back too.

If Vandy and Rhody hold strong and we beat VCU we will be 4-3 against the Top 50 headed to Pittsburgh. Outside of our own wins, Rhode Island and Vanderbilt are the two most important teams to us
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-19-2017), ruechalgrin (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Brigadier General

Checked KenPom this morning for a different reason, and saw where he currently has X rated 37th. Their RPI is still in the teens, but those numbers may not have been updated for the Marquette result.

I know they've had injuries to a couple of key players (Sumner & Bluiett), but the sudden lack of competitiveness is still a bit surprising. Will be interested to see how they fare over the next 5-6 games.
Posted via Mobile Device
So unfortunate. They are not a lock. Not yet atleast. They could still implode. Oh how sweet that would be.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Hopefully _avier's late season momentum will put them in a play-in game.

But I'd prefer them to be an 11 with UD a 6.
springborofan (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Brigadier General

[QUOTE=BRob2Perryman3;488571]Currently 49th. And Rhody is making their way back too.

We beat VCU: 1 top 50 win
URI beats VCU: add 2 more (3 total)
Vandy wins at Tenn and vs Miss: total of 4 top 40 wins.

Wound need URI and Vandy to probably win their first conference tourney game to keep them in top 50.

The committee members who dont really follow the A10 closely would look at us so much more differently with 4 top 50 wins than 1. So we need some luck as well. We deserve it based on all the injuries, etc.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dillomernda (02-19-2017), ruechalgrin (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Major General

Yeah, Xavier could lose their last 5 in a row and still make it.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Off topic here but does Vandy have any shot at the tourney? That would be bigger. A win against another tourney team.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Colonel

Yeah, Xavier could lose their last 5 in a row and still make it.
Currently they're 18-9 and sitting at #17 in the UD Pride RPI. They're 1-6 v. the top 25, 3-6 v. the top 50, and 5-7 in their last 12 games.

High RPI (when beneficial)? Check
Good losses (when beneficial)? Check
Gaining steam? Check

They're rocketing toward a three seed, easily!
Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Are we going to cheer against Xavier in the NIT?