Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Major

VirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to behold
Any one know where we can get a point guard

We didn't know how lucky we were in the past at PG. wow, no one can go to the hole or distribute the ball to the inside. SM seemed to be able to go inside at will the second half. Maybe we should take a lesson. Our offense seems to be pass the rock around the perimeter for awhile and then chuck a trey. That just. Won't get it done
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to VirgM For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), UDTradition (12-20-2017)
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2017, 12:46 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VirgM View Post
We didn't know how lucky we were in the past at PG. wow, no one can go to the hole or distribute the ball to the inside. SM seemed to be able to go inside at will the second half. Maybe we should take a lesson. Our offense seems to be pass the rock around the perimeter for awhile and then chuck a trey. That just. Won't get it done
See, I thought we had a point guard problem. I really did, I admit it. But I was set straight by all the non-biased experts here: http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31529
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Yep. There's a kid playing in Colorado who is named McKenzie who could solve a lot of problems for UD.

Problem is that I'm not sure if UD's current offensive plan would actually take advantage of his offensive skills
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-20-2017), FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:52 AM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
I disagree slightly with the “pass around the perimeter” theory. To me it seems more like a dribble-first mentality as each guy receiving a pass puts it on the floor for a minimum of 2 dribbles. That, plus very little off-ball movement including a lack of screens and you get what we have. Oh, and we need to learn to play to and through contact. Landale was a DQ waiting to happen if we’d taken it aggressively at him.
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:53 AM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Yep. There's a kid playing in Colorado who is named McKenzie who could solve a lot of problems for UD.

Problem is that I'm not sure if UD's current offensive plan would actually take advantage of his offensive skills
Too many Hamms? McKinley not McKenzie. And AG would have to have an offensive plan for him to take advantage of so that's out.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Too many Hamms? McKinley not McKenzie. And AG would have to have an offensive plan for him to take advantage of so that's out.
Apparently!!!! LOL

I got the McK part right!!!!! LOL
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), Jeff (12-21-2017), Smitty10 (12-20-2017), ud2 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 01:18 AM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute
And AG would have to have an offensive plan for him to take advantage of so that's out.
I take this as you are saying that CAG is either not knowledgeable enough or too stubborn to take advantage of the player's skill sets that he might have or inherit?

Do you base this on the current set of games he has had with the UD Flyer's or his entire college coaching career?

I guess the most noticeable thing I see about you Smitty is that you seem to have been negative from the beginning.

I too was not overly pleased with the choice when it was made but I am not going to sit online like some troll and say I told you so with every little thing that does not go our way. Maybe after a couple of years, it will make for intelligent conversation. I would say, right now it just makes you irritating.

Maybe later I will decide I have had heard enough of Smitty10 and block him. I know that does not concern you but it would probably make my day
16 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cralford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (12-20-2017), Bucketnight (12-20-2017), CJ2etc (12-20-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-20-2017), flyercasey (12-23-2017), Gazoo (12-20-2017), GoFlyer (12-20-2017), IndianaFlyer (12-20-2017), JimBo (12-20-2017), John C. (12-21-2017), PFlyer (12-20-2017), Sarge (12-20-2017), shocka43 (12-20-2017), Townie (12-20-2017), ud69 (12-20-2017), upperarlingtonflyer (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Point Guards "R" Us ?
Old 12-20-2017, 08:42 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
The offense ran "better" with Crutcher than with Crosby, at least for part of the night. Second half, not sure Scoochie would have helped. We're just going to have to live and die with a lot of minutes from a freshman who isn't as talented as Mr Wright was on a team that doesn't have a lot of offensive weapons.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:30 AM

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
It ran better with Crutcher than Crosby because Crutcher, and the lineup in with him, put forth defensive effort and got out in transition. Crutcher is best served, right now, running transition and getting into secondary break.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Academy Doolie

Flyerfan47 will become famous soon enoughFlyerfan47 will become famous soon enough
Pg is definitely where lots of the issues stem from. AGs offense seems to require dribble penetration from PGs. Crutcher looks promising but is going to take a season or so to develop consistency. Crosby would be better suited as a SG but we just don't have other options at PG. He doesn't pass particularly well, dribbles too high, etc...

The issue I have with the offense that could be fixed this season is that we don't utilize off the ball movement well enough. Kostas, Cunningham, x, and landers are all very versatile (maybe j Davis too. Hard to tell so far). We run a lot of good stuff with Cunningham and some with kostas but with the others its questionable. For instance, x should be on the interior at the end of the shot clock. He's a solid offensive rebounder. Also should be given more back screens to become an offside rim runner. Landers should be a force to get the ball in the middle of our zone offense. Should also take advantage of getting him switched on to mismatches (slow footed bigs he can shoot over and guards he can drive into and get to the ft line). J Davis also has a big body. Would be interested in seeing him get post touches against slighter opponents.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:03 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,111 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
The offense ran "better" with Crutcher than with Crosby, at least for part of the night. Second half, not sure Scoochie would have helped. We're just going to have to live and die with a lot of minutes from a freshman who isn't as talented as Mr Wright was on a team that doesn't have a lot of offensive weapons.
The offense really seemed to click after Crutcher came in the first half. Having said that though, he is a raw freshman. Not many freshmen PG's are ready to come into a major program and make an immediate impact. I realize that Miller had McKenzie coming in, but with all due respect to Crosby he really struck out having a PG ready to take over when Scoochie graduated.

I realize it was a loss and the team crumbled in the second half, but I came out of it pretty encouraged and excited about the future. This team is just extremely young and inexperienced, but I saw glimpses in the first half of a very talented group of players. It's just going to take some time. It's mind boggling how too many "fans" here are being so critical of AG considering what he came into and it only being 11 games into his career at UD. I really think that by the end of the season, this will be a dangerous team to play.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-21-2017), GoFlyer (12-20-2017), MikeFlyer (12-21-2017), NJFlyr71 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 10:18 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Spuds?
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
If people think our biggest problem is offense, then you are barking up the wrong position.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-20-2017), sabo2 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Just off the Jet

PFlyer will become famous soon enoughPFlyer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
If people think our biggest problem is offense, then you are barking up the wrong position.
Please continue your thought
Old 12-20-2017, 11:20 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think there is some real validity in that observation. Darrell's stats are not that far off of McKinley Wright's stats. Both averaging around 16pts. Same turnovers. Wright finishes better in the lane. Same steals. Wright has 4+ assists/game--DD has 3. Both shoot the 3ball about the same. Wright is better in the paint.

Point is that Wright plays with better players right now, and Colorado is sitting at 8-3 with an RPI of 86 and an SOS of 141. He is facing guards and team defenses that are not as good as DD has faced with UD sporting an SOS of 2.

I'm not saying that DD is a very good point guard. I am saying that comparing Wright to Davis is an unfair comparison at this point in the season. If you swapped Wright for Davis so far this season, Wright would not look as good, and Davis wouldn't look as erratic.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:34 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PFlyer View Post
Please continue your thought
It is defense. The last four years we did not have great offense, but we had great defense, and superb defense when we needed it at crunch time. This team has been lost a bunch on defense. Grant is playing zone for the same reason Duke is playing it, a bunch of guys who can't or won't play good man. We are giving up 39% on threes.

I saw some good signs on the man last night at times, but we are have a ways to go, like ten games from now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
GoFlyer (12-20-2017), PFlyer (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
It is defense. The last four years we did not have great offense, but we had great defense, and superb defense when we needed it at crunch time. This team has been lost a bunch on defense. Grant is playing zone for the same reason Duke is playing it, a bunch of guys who can't or won't play good man. We are giving up 39% on threes.

I saw some good signs on the man last night at times, but we are have a ways to go, like ten games from now.
Yes, lots of offense generated off of good defense the past couple seasons...KP, KD, and CC created lots of steals and easy scores....

Not so easy to find a good PG considering we lost an all A10 performer in Scoochie, a guy in Crosby who is what he is at this point, and lucky to find a guy with even a pulse in Crutcher as late as Grant came in last year..
Old 12-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Just off the Jet

DawgFlyer will become famous soon enough
Crutch is no doubt the better pg for us going forward. What I've noticed with most college point guards is the lack of skill or the unwillingness to pick and roll at any time in the half court set. You don't need a play called from Coach. With a horse like Josh, we need to use him to the max. If you don't, you lose his aggressiveness as well as hamper the offense overall. Schoochie was great at recognizing this in the flow of the game
Old 12-20-2017, 12:34 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone know why the one guy who can get to the goal and break down a defense only played 12 minutes I really don't get it??
Old 12-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

There are probably 300 experienced D1 points guards that could help our team out there. And you know what they all have in common with the one you want to talk about? They all chose to play somewhere else. Your point?
Old 12-20-2017, 01:37 PM

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
The Simmons kid from Alter who left OU as a grad transfer so he could sit the bench at Michigan would have been awesome at My Arena.
cj (12-20-2017), TXFlyerFan (12-20-2017), Wallage (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IndianaFlyer View Post
There are probably 300 experienced D1 points guards that could help our team out there. And you know what they all have in common with the one you want to talk about? They all chose to play somewhere else. Your point?
Right - but one of them was actually committed to play here at one point - which is why his name comes up. It's OK to talk about it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), PFlyer (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I understand your point about him having been a commitment at one point, but he asked to be released from that commitment and it was granted. I hold no ill will towards him. He did what he thought was best for him. I wish him nothing but the best. But, there was nothing AG could do about that and talking about how great a year his is or is not having is not bringing him here. I would love to talk about point guards we have, the good the bad and the ugly about it, or point guards we may be able to land for next year. They are relevant to Flyer basketball. The ones that chose to go to any of the other 350+ D1 schools are not. Just my two cents; I understand I don't have to read or post. It just baffles me.

Last edited by IndianaFlyer; 12-20-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Old 12-20-2017, 06:42 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Spuds?
Snoopy, point guard
Spuds McKenzie, shooting guard
Lassie, small forward
Air Bud, power forward
Clifford the Big Red Dog, center

It would certainly help if Snoopy can be a reasonable facsimile of Scoochie, but all we really have to do is get Snoopy to lob it up to Air Bud and Clifford. I'm putting Lassie on the team to raise the GPA and most importantly to keep Spuds from getting in too much trouble. Dude likes to party. Anyway, it's an unstoppable lineup. You're welcome.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (12-21-2017), FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Shaggy, WTF am I!?! Signed, Scooby
Old 12-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Red face

Too much pain to mention "what could have been"...let's not ever mention his name again...to what purpose? An ulcer?

(For me)...it immediately brings up Archie who I have extraordinary anger toward. It is not so much that he left (which sucks) but it his his timing...leaving when UD has the worst balanced squad imaginable. Archie...your recruiting was awful and I'm sure you know it.

And my real point...people on this board and others Canonize him. He left when the cupboard was bare...and it was his doing.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
GoFlyer (12-20-2017), IndianaFlyer (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:15 PM
General

Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
Too much pain to mention "what could have been"...let's not ever mention his name again...to what purpose? An ulcer?

(For me)...it immediately brings up Archie who I have extraordinary anger toward. It is not so much that he left (which sucks) but it his his timing...leaving when UD has the worst balanced squad imaginable. Archie...your recruiting was awful and I'm sure you know it.

And my real point...people on this board and others Canonize him. He left when the cupboard was bare...and it was his doing.
Yeah, really Archie, why did you leave at that point in time. Why couldn't you have taken taken the Indiana job when it was offered a year or two earlier or waited until it was offered next year or the year after. You had Indiana by the nuts, they would have hired you at anytime of your choosing. Heck, they fired Bobby Knight just so that when you decided it was time, they would have the position open for you.

Now about your recruiting Archie. Terrible. Awful as a matter of fact. We brought you here expecting big things and you first saddle us with Pierre, Price and Vee Sanford, added Jordan Sibert, then Kyle, Scoochie and Kendall and then D. Davis and Big Steve and then Mikesell, Miller, Williams and Crosby. Then Josh Cunningham. Then to top if off you get us Mckinley Wright, Jordan Davis, Jordan Pierce, Svoboda and Carter. Just awful.

Last edited by Smitty10; 12-20-2017 at 07:39 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (12-20-2017), UDTradition (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Sugar, Sugar. --Archies
Old 12-20-2017, 10:46 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Sarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of light
I wonder what Indiana fans are thinking about Archie after a 6-6 start including a 20 pt loss to Fort Wayne AT HOME. Maybe we were lucky enough he left before he completely forgot how to coach!

Or maybe they should give him a chance to get his type of players there or the current ones can adjust to a new coach before they rush to judgment. But what fun would that be for the fans that just have to ***** about something.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sarge For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), jack72 (12-21-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-21-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-21-2017), SeasonTicketFan (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:02 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
So all these what ifs . .. . I learned a long time ago to never look back and to use my energy to look forward. AG did a great job as best he could to fill out this squad. I'm not looking for scapegoats . . .not AG, not AM, not a point guard that decided to decommit, not a senior player that had a bad game, not a team made up of mostly freshman due to imbalanced rosters in prior years. Good heavens, folks, chill out and preserve your energy for positive energy at games to spur our young players on. What must recruits think of us when they read these posts??
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to GoFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-21-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-21-2017), SeasonTicketFan (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Brigadier General

All those imbalanced rosters gave us a string of NCAA tournament appearances. Spurring them on is apparently what they need more of. Giddyap..☺
Old 12-21-2017, 03:24 AM

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute

Not one bit of truth in that post.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 07:33 AM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute

Now about your recruiting Archie. Terrible. Awful as a matter of fact. We brought you here expecting big things and you first saddle us with Pierre, Price and Vee Sanford, added Jordan Sibert, then Kyle, Scoochie and Kendall and then D. Davis and Big Steve and then Mikesell, Miller, Williams and Crosby. Then Josh Cunningham. Then to top if off you get us Mckinley Wright, Jordan Davis, Jordan Pierce, Svoboda and Carter. Just awful.
Recruiting, like every other aspect of college coaching is not easy. Fans criticize every slip up and take for granted good gets. Every recruit is a gamble, unless you are Duke, Kentucky etc.. some work out and some do not. Even Archie’s best recruits had flaws, otherwise they would all be in the NBA. Look at a Scoochie..

He swung and missed on the junior class a bit. Last year’s senior class was a home run, however they were all gambles and played with chips on their shoulders due to be passed by bigger more prestigious programs. His last recruiting class looked good, but there were projects. Pierce looks like he needs a lot of work. Carter is young. Svoboda has not adjusted yet. Kostas is not 50% of his brother, probably not 25% yet. I would not give up on them, but Archie seemed to recruit projects.

Easy to criticize each recruit miss, each coaching decision. We all have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
does everything have to be positive UD all the time with you ? there is truth to his statement, our recruiting classes are unbalanced and the talent AM left us with is average on a good day, AM last couple years he recruited 2 stars hoping to make them 4 stars and that has not happened yet
Mad Props to udscott For This Totally Excellent Post:
IndianaFlyer (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:37 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Shaggy, WTF am I!?! Signed, Scooby
Sixth dog.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-21-2017), rollo (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:55 AM
1st Lieutenant

OregonMike is just really niceOregonMike is just really niceOregonMike is just really niceOregonMike is just really nice
My daughter graduated from SM, and both Dayton and Oregon have played them over the last few years. I've checked their roster. SM seems to get good players from the south Pacific. We should be looking overseas?
Old 12-21-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by OregonMike View Post
My daughter graduated from SM, and both Dayton and Oregon have played them over the last few years. I've checked their roster. SM seems to get good players from the south Pacific. We should be looking overseas?
Don't disagree, but getting a kid to come to San Fran is a bit easier than Dayton, Oh. We had a French guy and a Czech guy with not much results.

Its also amazing that some kids pick a HS gym over playing in the UD palace or other palaces.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:04 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
does everything have to be positive UD all the time with you ? there is truth to his statement, our recruiting classes are unbalanced and the talent AM left us with is average on a good day, AM last couple years he recruited 2 stars hoping to make them 4 stars and that has not happened yet
AM left 3 4 star players, what else do you want?

Scott and Robinson departures threw class balance off. Not Archie's fault.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Kavs situation also threw off class balance. Again, not Archie's fault.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts

please, pleaseeeeee tell me the three 4 star players currently on the roster ?
Old 12-21-2017, 11:23 AM
General of the Air Force

So it is not the fault of the guy that brought them here? Archie was in a bind and took a couple of chances. I don't fault him for that but it didn't work out - that is on him.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:27 AM

please, pleaseeeeee tell me the three 4 star players currently on the roster ?
Cunningham, DD, and Kostas.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-22-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 11:33 AM

So it is not the fault of the guy that brought them here? Archie was in a bind and took a couple of chances. I don't fault him for that but it didn't work out - that is on him.
I suppose that you can partially blame AM. Very hard to foresee players' behavior actually being enough of a problem to be removed from school though.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:04 PM
General

Kavs situation also threw off class balance. Again, not Archie's fault.
I'll take off balance everytime for that trade off. Without Kavs, we never make the NCAA tournament let alone an elite eight. No matter how anybody feels about him, this one worked out.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:17 PM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly...if he didn't I imagine those on this board with eligibility would have had to show up at the tryout on campus.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Colonel

Cunningham, DD, and Kostas.
please find me and prove to me where any of them were 4 star recruits ? and I will apologize to the fullest if you can prove any of the three
Old 12-21-2017, 01:43 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
He only has to prove 1 because Kostas and Josh were in some publications I can attest to that but Darrell????????????????
Old 12-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Colonel

Bull you know what, show me on rivals.com, espn. com somewhere like that they were 4 star recruits, don't give me this I saw it in a publication somewhere, just looked rivals and espn both have Kostas as a 3 star

Last edited by udscott; 12-21-2017 at 02:22 PM..
Old 12-21-2017, 02:29 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Bull you know what, show me on rivals.com, espn. com somewhere like that they were 4 star recruits, don't give me this I saw it in a publication somewhere, just looked rivals and espn both have Kostas as a 3 star
C'mon udscott...you know as well as I that every UD recruit (a) has an NBA body, (b) will probably grow another 2"-3", (c) is related to John Calipari, (d) will only be here 2 years, 3 max and (e) turned down at least a dozen Big 5 schools to be a Flyer.

Last edited by rollo; 12-21-2017 at 02:32 PM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
udscott (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Here you go
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...eight=&weight=

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...tokounmpo-4796
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Furio For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (12-21-2017), ud2 (12-22-2017), UDEE79 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 03:02 PM
1st Lieutenant

Thanks Furio I am technologically challenged and would have been unable to produce the proof!!! God Bless! I doubt very much if there would be anywhere that Darrell was rated that high but it was told that Michigan State offered but we don't know? We heard that Temple offered Jordan Pierce but I spoke to Fran Dunphy and he said they were thinking about it but did not pull the trigger were his exact words so who knows??????
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyercasey (12-23-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Colonel

funny how u had to find ones to meet your answers, I noticed you never said where espn has Kostas as a 3 star ? just go look an admit im right
Old 12-21-2017, 03:16 PM
1st Lieutenant

He proved it you r being a butt if that is not sufficient!!!
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (12-22-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 03:28 PM

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/josh-cunningham

Composite has a 3-star and two 4-star ratings.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players...-antetokounmpo

Composite has two 3-star and a 4-star rating.

Or, as Hillary would say:

CE80 (12-21-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-21-2017), FLYER5 (12-21-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-21-2017), MNFats (12-21-2017), ud2 (12-22-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 03:36 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Rivals has Kostas as a 4 star. I guess you need to look again. ESPN and Rivals both have Cunningham a 4 star.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cralford View Post

I guess the most noticeable thing I see about you Smitty is that you seem to have been negative from the beginning.

I too was not overly pleased with the choice when it was made but I am not going to sit online like some troll and say I told you so with every little thing that does not go our way. Maybe after a couple of years, it will make for intelligent conversation. I would say, right now it just makes you irritating.
Well, I guess the pony with the hat won't be invited to any more reindeer games.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:55 PM
Brigadier General

Star ratings change both up and down during a player's evaluation/recruitment. I recall seeing DD being rated a 4* at one point but I can't recall which of the three services had him that high. Didn't last. I don't trust star ratings. I've seen far too many 3* turn out to be 5* players. Like Zeke Elliott and AJ Hawk. Different sport I realize. There would be no talk on this board about recruiting deficiency if Big Steve were alive. I don't like to bring that up but just think about it.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
UDScott - it has been proven that two of them had 4-star ratings. They weren't consensus 4 stars from every site, but 4 stars nonetheless.

You owe someone an apology.
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott
Originally Posted by udscott
funny how u had to find ones to meet your answers, I noticed you never said where espn has Kostas as a 3 star ? just go look an admit im right
I'm beginning to think udscott is a Russian bot
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-22-2017), Runnin' Rebel (12-22-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
I don’t think the problem is just at the PG. We have NO good slashers who can get into the lane under control. I think that is critical
for an offense to work. Hopefully JC and JD can begin to assert themselves more in that way. DD has improved greatly, but still turns it over too much to be effective.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UD93 Steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-22-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 11:14 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD93 Steve View Post
I don’t think the problem is just at the PG. We have NO good slashers who can get into the lane under control. I think that is critical
for an offense to work. Hopefully JC and JD can begin to assert themselves more in that way. DD has improved greatly, but still turns it over too much to be effective.
Posted via Mobile Device
John Crosby? Jalen Crutcher? Josh Cunningham?
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 12:01 AM

Darrell Davis was a 4 star recruit.

So were Cunningham and Kostas.

To be fair, none of the 3 were consensus 4 star players, at least one recruiting site had each of the 3 players as a 3 star player.

http://daytonflyers.com/news/2013/11...113134425.aspx:

DARRELL DAVIS

6-Foot-4 Guard, Detroit Douglass High School

Darrell Davis became the first recruit in the class of 2014 for UD head coach Archie Miller when committed in September shortly after making his official visit to the University of Dayton campus. The 6-foot-4 point guard is a four-star player who is ranked as high as 102nd in the country by Rivals.

Last edited by ud2; 12-22-2017 at 12:05 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-22-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-22-2017), MNFats (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 AM
Colonel

please find me and prove to me where any of them were 4 star recruits ? and I will apologize to the fullest if you can prove any of the three
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/josh-cunningham

Composite has a 3-star and two 4-star ratings.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players...-antetokounmpo

Composite has two 3-star and a 4-star rating.
C'mon udscott. It's all right there. Be a man of your word and apologize. We all make mistakes. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a shred of decency in there...or if you just enjoy coming on here and throwing around a bunch of nonsense.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-22-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-22-2017), TA111 (12-22-2017), UDTradition (12-23-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
[URL]
Or, as Hillary would say:

What she said.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD93 Steve View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I can't rule out that JC refers to Jesus. Saying it would take a miracle of biblical proportions to fix Dayton this season doesn't sound terribly far off.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
Was thinking Crutcher. Sorry forgot there were 3.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UD93 Steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 10:15 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
if we had Big Steve, McKinley, Mikesell and Miller
we'd be in top 25 right now.
PLEAS STOP FAKE NEWS THAT AM LEFT CUBBARD BARE.
PLEASE!!!!!!!
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-22-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 12:04 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
PLEASE!!!!!!!
If you leave Mikesell and Sam Miller out of that sentence I'd have a whole lot more respect for your opinion. Big Steve and McKinley Wright(Shoutout to Hamms) would have made a difference. Sam and Ryan would not.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (12-23-2017), FLYER5 (12-23-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 12:24 AM
Brigadier General

Now, now, avatar Bros shouldn't fight..☺
Old 12-23-2017, 12:56 AM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Please enlighten us with the truth oh wise one...
Old 12-23-2017, 01:12 AM
Major

PLEASE!!!!!!!
UD is composed of...

- 5 freshman (including OT)
- 1 sophomore
- 3 juniors
- 1 senior

Bare to the bones...
Old 12-23-2017, 05:27 AM
Brigadier General

Freshmen. I find it humorous when someone calls out somebody for lack of knowledge and then follows it with a 3rd grade grammatical error. It never fails. God's work on message boards. Now he either admits it or he blames it on a typo, or the dastardly auto-correct.. ☺
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:53 AM

Freshmen. I find it humorous when someone calls out somebody for lack of knowledge and then follows it with a 3rd grade grammatical error. It never fails. God's work on message boards. Now he either admits it or he blames it on a typo, or the dastardly auto-correct.. ☺
"God's work on message boards" is not a sentence.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Major

Actually...my spelling and grammar is normally supurb...thank for pointing this out
Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Brigadier General

"God's work on message boards" is not a sentence.
You got me. "It is God's work" was a little too profound, so I stuck to a phrase. But it should've read, God works on message boards. I'll try to raise my game next time ☺
Old 12-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Brigadier General

Actually...my spelling and grammar is normally supurb...thank for pointing this out
Actually what I was pointing out was......, Oh, nevermind ☺
Old 12-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
PLEASE!!!!!!!
Steve and McKinley were not on campus when AM left

The last game we won last season was vs. VCU and players returning for this season scored 13 of our 79 points
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Brigadier General

They were his recruits is what I think he was meaning
Old 12-23-2017, 03:37 PM
Brigadier General

I think we'd be a Top 25 team with Big Steve and MW. Plus I think we would've had the chance to make another run which would've potentially opened the eyes of other top recruits for last signing period.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
thank you flyer5!
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 08:49 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
This board is in full blown meltdown mode. The team is hard to watch but this board is worse. Patience. Chicken Little is not in the building. We knew this was coming. We were lucky to nab Jalen Crutcher at the point we got him. I think he's going to be a good one for us.

It's like a brilliant person once told me, its ok to be an emotional 1 or 10, its just not good to stay there, 5 is where you want to be.

We will be fine. Process. Patience
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (12-23-2017), FLYER5 (12-23-2017), MNFats (12-24-2017), Sarge (12-24-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Lucky......., lucky doesn't make one (1) basket in 18 minutes against WAGNER. and he's only playing because the other point guard is getting embarrassed by virtual d11 talent on his own floor, barely able to get the ball upcourt , oh and going 1 for 7. Hard to believe a program that seats 13k for every game can't get even an average pg. Our pg's almost choked away pt lead against a buy game team!!! Hard to be patient with this level of incompetence.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Brigadier General

Who's to say you're not being reasonable in your analysis. I won't. You call it like you see it. I appreciate honesty. And I appreciate that you criticize without resorting to name-calling. Actually I think there are some who could take a lesson.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
This board is in full blown meltdown mode. The team is hard to watch but this board is worse. Patience. Chicken Little is not in the building. We knew this was coming. We were lucky to nab Jalen Crutcher at the point we got him. I think he's going to be a good one for us.

It's like a brilliant person once told me, its ok to be an emotional 1 or 10, its just not good to stay there, 5 is where you want to be.

We will be fine. Process. Patience
While I often agree with you BRob I don't think I'm overreacting to what I'm seeing. I have no criticism of any UD player at this point. My concern and criticisms lie with the coach. The substitutions patterns and schemes on both the offensive and defensive ends give me no reason to think Grant has grown from his Alabama days.

I can handle losing due to lack of talent but what worries me is that I don't see any growth of players individually or the team as a whole. Coaching can hide player deficiencies but I see no sign of that occurring at this point.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Brigadier General

Not unreasonable.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:29 PM
General

Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,261 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Is it too late to clone Scoochie? Would his clone have eligibility?
Old 12-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Brigadier General

Twochie!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-23-2017), redbengal (12-24-2017), SC_Flyer (12-23-2017), Viperstick (12-24-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
I would encourage the 3 recent posters to go dig up the posts and threads immediately following the home loss to VCU in January of 2014. I was on that despondent train, hell i was one of the conductors. I learned a valuable lesson that week
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-23-2017), Sarge (12-24-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 01:44 AM
Brigadier General

I respect maddog's opinion about Crutcher, however I disagree. I think he's going to be a very good point guard. I think he may even be a great player by the time he's done here. I think Jordan Davis is ahead of him right now both mentally and physically. But I think Jalen has the higher ceiling. Both will be very good to great guards by the time they're seniors.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:03 AM

While I often agree with you BRob I don't think I'm overreacting to what I'm seeing. I have no criticism of any UD player at this point. My concern and criticisms lie with the coach. The substitutions patterns and schemes on both the offensive and defensive ends give me no reason to think Grant has grown from his Alabama days.

I can handle losing due to lack of talent but what worries me is that I don't see any growth of players individually or the team as a whole. Coaching can hide player deficiencies but I see no sign of that occurring at this point.
As usual, I agree.

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I would encourage the 3 recent posters to go dig up the posts and threads immediately following the home loss to VCU in January of 2014. I was on that despondent train, hell i was one of the conductors. I learned a valuable lesson that week
Even at that point, did you really think we were better off with BG?

We were stuck in the mud and going nowhere with BG.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:35 AM

You have valid concerns...but....

What we all see in the games may in fact not line up with the minutes played and lineups that we all think should be in the game...with that said...we also don't know who is getting it done in practice and who is buying in to what the HC is selling. We also don't know if there are conflicts and people that he may not even want around...

There are way too many dynamics to say for certain. Valid concerns, but there also may be reasons.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:34 AM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I respect maddog's opinion about Crutcher, however I disagree. I think he's going to be a very good point guard. I think he may even be a great player by the time he's done here. I think Jordan Davis is ahead of him right now both mentally and physically. But I think Jalen has the higher ceiling. Both will be very good to great guards by the time they're seniors.
I just think Jordan Davis is a 2, and Crutcher is a 1. They both don't look as good when they step out of those positions. But Jordan does take care of the ball when given the chance. In fact Jordan, Jalen, and Crosby all have a good A/TO ratios (1.9). DD, Josh, and Trey on the other hand have been a turnover machines (.7).

IMO turnovers have to come down for us to be successful in the A10. It's fertile ground for improvement.

Next season Cohill will stir that pot depending on what position he settles in at.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 09:43 AM

Pretty good game by Crosby yesterday. He did not get his shot to go, but for those of you who only care about leadership, penetration and passsing, yesterday was a big step forward. Sure he had his pocket picked twice by a very quick small guy, but he also penetreated and broke the press, and made 7-7 free throws. Crosby with 4 assists, 3 turnovers and a steal, and no bad get caught in no man's land dribbles. His growing confidence was evident.

Crutcher was much more selective in his shots taken. He was one for two, with 4 assists and one turnover. The coaching shows, as he is more under control.

Two steps forward for the point guards. Now if we could get our rebounders back on track. Giant step backwards for them.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-25-2017), FLYER5 (12-24-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-24-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 10:39 AM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
JD started going to the hoop yesterday, hope to see that continue
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
If you leave Mikesell and Sam Miller out of that sentence I'd have a whole lot more respect for your opinion. Big Steve and McKinley Wright(Shoutout to Hamms) would have made a difference. Sam and Ryan would not.
Imo,you are not giving Mike's cell the credit he deserves. That guy did a lot more on the court then people give him credit for. He's a very good passer and they ran a lot of offense through him. He seemed to always be in the right place at the right time. Yes, his defense is not very good and he was not developing into the shooter that I thought he would become but he was a pretty important cog in the offense and I believe he would have taken a step up this year.

Last edited by steve; 12-24-2017 at 11:42 AM..
Old 12-24-2017, 11:50 AM

Rebounding was a bit misleading. Crutcher, Jordan Davis, and Crosby pulled down twice their collective average in rebounds. Then DD added his 7. So the guards really saved us on the boards. On the other hand, DD was so aggressive he took some away from Josh, as did the other guards. But we still got punked in total rebounding. Strange night on the boards.
Not sure what to make of all that except Wagner does hit the boards hard and usually out rebound their opponents. I think it was an aberration for us to get out-boarded that severely, but it's obvious we need to fix it. Pretty odd to get beat on the boards that bad and still win easily.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 12:00 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I just think Jordan Davis is a 2, and Crutcher is a 1. They both don't look as good when they step out of those positions. But Jordan does take care of the ball when given the chance. In fact Jordan, Jalen, and Crosby all have a good A/TO ratios (1.9). DD, Josh, and Trey on the other hand have been a turnover machines (.7).

IMO turnovers have to come down for us to be successful in the A10. It's fertile ground for improvement.

Next season Cohill will stir that pot depending on what position he settles in at.
You can never have too many talented guards. Agree with you.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Brigadier General

Even at that point, did you really think we were better off with BG?

We were stuck in the mud and going nowhere with BG.
I felt good about BG Year 1 when he won with Purnell's players. And the 4 years when Brian Roberts was a giant band-aid on this teams warts. Too bad Wright got hurt BRob's senior year, Wright wasnt a great sheriff but he was one helluva good deputy when all the opponents focus was on BRob

If i ever posted at any time that id rather have BG over AM it would've been an emotional reaction.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
I'm rooting for him, but it seems really doubtful. Cohill will likely start. This moves Crutch to backup at best. Crutch has going backwards over the last 5 games , 1 for 5, 1 for 2, 0 for2, 1for 6, & 1 for 2 and the competition has been modest. Hardly encouraging.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-25-2017)