User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Flyers greatest offensive performances: JOB leads the way.

David Jablonski rates Flyers top 10 team offensive performances. No big deal but find it kind of humorous that Jim O'Brien's teams hold 3 of the top 4 spots and 4 in the top 10. AG has 1 with this last performance, DD has 4 and TB has one.

I guess that makes JOB our greatest offensive coach in history!!! JUST KIDDING.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...AV636PUIDbsvI/
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (01-15-2018)
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Only Jim O'Brien could figure out a way to score 112 points, and lose - to Southern!
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 03:33 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Only Jim O'Brien could figure out a way to score 112 points, and lose - to Southern!
On Christmas Eve 1987, Donoher's team scored 99 and still lost by 52 points to Oklahoma.

Bradds, Branch, Grevey and Howard were on both those teams. Without looking at stats, I'm going to guess that none of those 4 resembled Kyle Davis on defense.

Last edited by Smitty10; 01-15-2018 at 03:46 PM..
Old 01-15-2018, 09:15 PM
1st Lieutenant

sabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to all
After watching the VCU game. I told my wife about the time I could not go see Oklahoma -UD game because of work. After work I turned on the radio to hear the score was 72-51. I was really shocked to find out it was the half time score. I wonder what the pundits on UD Pride would have said about Donoher.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:52 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,097 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Donoher also gave up 65pts to Scott Haffner. To me this is more shocking than 151 to Oklahoma. OU was putting up US International-type scoring numbers back then so blowing past 100 wasnt an unprecedented thing for them.

You'd have thought when Haffner got to 50, he would have told Bill Crotty to break his legs.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 01-15-2018, 11:05 PM
General

Originally Posted by sabo2 View Post
After watching the VCU game. I told my wife about the time I could not go see Oklahoma -UD game because of work. After work I turned on the radio to hear the score was 72-51. I was really shocked to find out it was the half time score. I wonder what the pundits on UD Pride would have said about Donoher.
They would have been debating whether the game passed him by or not. And then he would've been fired one season later. The answer to that question would still be debated today, as it is sometimes.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Donoher also gave up 65pts to Scott Haffner. To me this is more shocking than 151 to Oklahoma. OU was putting up US International-type scoring numbers back then so blowing past 100 wasnt an unprecedented thing for them.

You'd have thought when Haffner got to 50, he would have told Bill Crotty to break his legs.
I'll still take our LOSS to UCLA in triple overtime as the greatest offensive game ever. We were nobody, UCLA was untouchable. Toe to toe we went.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:14 AM
General

Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
I'll still take our LOSS to UCLA in triple overtime as the greatest offensive game ever. We were nobody, UCLA was untouchable. Toe to toe we went.
I believe that Donoher feels that 1973-1974 team was the best offensive team he ever coached and the beat Cincinnati 91-79 and Notre Dame 97-82. If Jablonski was being fair, he would've included those game because if they had the 3 point line like they did in most of the others, they would'v cracked 100 easily(especially because of my name sake Donald Smith).