Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Wofford and Southern Conf Previews

I found a couple of links to previews of Wofford. The USA Today one has a good amount of depth to it.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...thern/home.htm

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4189394

6. WOFFORD - The Terriers only finished 16-16 overall this past season, but the 16 wins were the most for Wofford since collecting 17 during the 1994-95 campaign. Unfortunately, the team's top two scorers from a year ago are gone, so coach Mike Young will have to rely on some other players to carry the team offensively. The hope is that the guard tandem of Junior Salters and Corey Godzinski can pick up the slack. Salters will likely be the point guard this season, but he will also be looked upon to post more than his 9.6 ppg from a year ago. As for Godzinski, he has above average height at 6-8, making him a tough defensive player at the guard position. Noah Dahlman will be the main option in the paint for Wofford, and will look to build upon his 7.8 ppg and 6.3 rpg showing from last season. Dahlman is a big time forward with tremendous power, and could eventually become a double-double machine.
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wofford....

6th place in the SoCon.... It does not sound like Wofford could even defeat Gannon! I could almost accept these games IF we would leverage them into a home/home for football. Now, Dayton versus Wofford in football would be a great game. Basketball.... Yawn!

If we are going to play a SoCon team, why the heck are we not playing fellow PFL member Davidson?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
6th place in the SoCon.... It does not sound like Wofford could even defeat Gannon! I could almost accept these games IF we would leverage them into a home/home for football. Now, Dayton versus Wofford in football would be a great game. Basketball.... Yawn!

If we are going to play a SoCon team, why the heck are we not playing fellow PFL member Davidson?
Do we really need to re-hash the purpose of a "buy game"?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Lieutenant General

DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Yes!

Originally Posted by IAFlyer View Post
Do we really need to re-hash the purpose of a "buy game"?

Nothing wrong with a "buy" game, but why not leverage it into something that would benefit the football program? There are several good FCS football programs that we could play as a sure win in basketball through the "buy" game process, but we have enough basketball leverage to get some good football games this way.... Heck, just in the Socon, App State, Wofford, Elon come to mind....
Old 11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
Nothing wrong with a "buy" game, but why not leverage it into something that would benefit the football program? There are several good FCS football programs that we could play as a sure win in basketball through the "buy" game process, but we have enough basketball leverage to get some good football games this way.... Heck, just in the Socon, App State, Wofford, Elon come to mind....
UD football would get DESTROYED by any of the SoCon schools.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
Wofford Preview

I've got about half the Wofford Preview in the bag and hope to have it posted tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

I'll continue to knock out as many of the non-con previews as my schedule allows this year.

I also toyed with the idea of doing something with the A-10 games again, but really, WH does such exhaustive pre-season analyisis of each team there's not much more to add.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Whacker For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (11-13-2008), Chris R (11-13-2008)
Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Lieutenant General

I doubt it....

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
UD football would get DESTROYED by any of the SoCon schools.
Jacksonville played at App State this year in front of close to 30K fans. Sure they lost 56-7, but that is really no worse than many games on any given weekend in FCS. I think that we are better than JU and match up better with App State than JU did. JU is a young team that was still coming together early in the season. If they played App today, they would not win, but the game would be closer. We might not win, but I do not see us getting "destroyed". I like our chances even better against an Elon or Wofford.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
Whacker

I was hoping that you would do some of your usual Preview Posts. I only posted links to other stuff as I wouldn't want to take on what you are able to do and what WH has perfected.

I look forward to your post.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:35 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
DF ... if we could get Butler to play us in basketball because of football then I would be more than happy to return the favor.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Whacker did I give you access to post articles? I THINK I did. If not let me know and I will bump your privileges and give you the quickie tutorial. Your stuff is too good not to be front-page material.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Lieutenant General

AMEN!

Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post
DF ... if we could get Butler to play us in basketball because of football then I would be more than happy to return the favor.

I cannot figure out for the life of me why we do not play PFL teams in basketball every year. Butler or Davidson would be sweet. Valparaiso would be OK as well. Heck, even USD would be a good game. I recall playing Morehead State a few years ago, yawn.... Still, one would think we have a pretty strong relationship with the schools of the PFL....

Tags
wofford