User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-01-2017, 09:04 AM
General

Thanked 5,463 Times in 2,388 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Fordham game plan

It may just be that Fordham plays that way every night but their game plan was really good against UD.

1. After every UD rebound, don't run down the middle of the court like you normally would, fan out to the sidelines to prevent SS from passing the ball up the KD and starting a mini-break. Make SS dribble it the whole way.

2. Overplay all passing lanes and push up as far as you dare. Dare our bigs to receive the ball in the middle of the court and attack 1 on 1 then collapse from behind. This stops ball rotation; make it a 1 on 1 game all night. Draws lots of fouls but puts UD in an uncomfortable situation. We like sharing the ball not driving on every play.

3. Follow the 3 P's: pick, pop, and pray. They're not a particularly good team so they were not going to beat us with a conventional offensive set. 9-17 from 3 at the half earned them a TIE SCORE. 2-8 in the 2nd half = we outscored them by 9.

4. Don't save anything for the Sunday rec league. Playing guys extended minutes in the 1st half with 3 fouls, keeping their best players on the floor with 4 fouls, calling timeouts only 1 minute into the second half. They gave everything they had for every minute they had it.

I think overall it was a pretty good game plan against UD. They seemed to get every lucky bounce for the first 30 minutes and almost pulled it off. Honestly, how many times did we poke the ball away from the dribbler only to have it land right in a Fordham player's hands for an open shot?!
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cleve (02-01-2017), Flyer 86 (02-02-2017), LIBob (02-01-2017), San Diego Flyer (02-02-2017), steve (02-01-2017), TXFlyerFan (02-01-2017)
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
That is how Fordham/Neubauer like to play. It is the same system he used at EKU. They simply try to play way up the line defensively to get turnovers and easy baskets. Offensively they just chucked it from deep and prayed they shot it well. When EKU went to the NCAA tourney in 2014 44% of their FG attempts were 3 pointers.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
General

Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,136 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't watched more than a few minutes of their games all year, but while reading the recon report on blackburn review yesterday, it sounds like fordham typically takes a lot of threes (check) hits them at a below average to average rate (33% for the year roughly) (they exceeded their average, though many were not well contested), and force a ton of steals/turnovers by pressuring the ball (check). I think I read that they were third in the country in steals or force turnovers, and their one guard was 1st in the country in steals. I think for the first time in a long time, they actually have a plan that will work moving forward. Its always going to be tough for them to recruit on the same level as UD based upon gym size, fan support, etc.... but they are close to a ton of talent, if they can get them to "stay home" and then stick with Fordham (they've seen a lot of decent players transfer after a season or two) I think they could be fairly solid challenge for the top 25% of the league and a postseason bid somewhere.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
I haven't watched more than a few minutes of their games all year, but while reading the recon report on blackburn review yesterday, it sounds like fordham typically takes a lot of threes (check) hits them at a below average to average rate (33% for the year roughly) (they exceeded their average, though many were not well contested), and force a ton of steals/turnovers by pressuring the ball (check). I think I read that they were third in the country in steals or force turnovers, and their one guard was 1st in the country in steals. I think for the first time in a long time, they actually have a plan that will work moving forward. Its always going to be tough for them to recruit on the same level as UD based upon gym size, fan support, etc.... but they are close to a ton of talent, if they can get them to "stay home" and then stick with Fordham (they've seen a lot of decent players transfer after a season or two) I think they could be fairly solid challenge for the top 25% of the league and a postseason bid somewhere.
During the radio broadcast Larry and Keith W noted that for their entire shootaround Sengfelder and Slanina ONLY shot from behind the arc...and rarely missed. I only saw them play UMass and their M.O. that game mirrored last night. He coaches unconventionally due to short bench, IMO, but if you recall he burned his timeouts early in our game last year and chose to take extra timeouts, put us on the line for one FT, and take his chances. As for playing guys with 2 fouls (or even 3) in the first half...sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I think the VCU game was a situation where Archie needed not be so stubborn with benching SS with 2 fouls in the first half, thereby sacrificing a 10 pt lead w/ Crosby in. SS is a senior, you gotta trust him in a game like that.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-01-2017), CvilleFlyer (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Sure seems to me like Sengfelder is in his fifth year of eligibility. He played very well against us even as a freshman.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:14 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think the Fordham team progress is noteworthy because they now may not challenge for the A10 title, but they can definitely influence those that can. They have a lot of athleticism and scrap. They can get hot and ruin your day. That's a long way from where they used to be.

That said, I think they have about peaked and will never be a UD or VCU. They help the league by the progress they have made.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
It may just be that Fordham plays that way every night but their game plan was really good against UD.

4. Don't save anything for the Sunday rec league. Playing guys extended minutes in the 1st half with 3 fouls, keeping their best players on the floor with 4 fouls, calling timeouts only 1 minute into the second half. They gave everything they had for every minute they had it.
Good gampeplan except for #4 in my opinion. I liked the timeouts Neubauer called in the first half. After Fordham makes, he strategically slowed tempo. There is no need to preserve timeouts for the final couple minutes of the first half so it was a great strategy. But you CANNOT use your timeouts that way in the second half! Fordham would have better served to save them. And if they had, maybe they could have played the offense/defense substitution game a little bit. The foul trouble was likely going to be a problem regardless of how Neubauer played it, but burning the timeouts early in the 2nd half really hurt Fordham's chances.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Sure seems to me like Sengfelder is in his fifth year of eligibility. He played very well against us even as a freshman.
Just a junior. It does seem like he should be a senior. The one that baffles me is Mo Allie Cox at VCU. I feel like he's been there 7 years.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,343 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Good gampeplan except for #4 in my opinion. I liked the timeouts Neubauer called in the first half. After Fordham makes, he strategically slowed tempo. There is no need to preserve timeouts for the final couple minutes of the first half so it was a great strategy. But you CANNOT use your timeouts that way in the second half! Fordham would have better served to save them. And if they had, maybe they could have played the offense/defense substitution game a little bit. The foul trouble was likely going to be a problem regardless of how Neubauer played it, but burning the timeouts early in the 2nd half really hurt Fordham's chances.
The first half one and done is understandable but he used a second one at a weird juncture in the first half as well. He would have been better served to keep three for the second half and try to slow tempo that half if that's what he wanted to accomplish. Although he wants the game to get messy and try to win ugly so not sure he really wants to slow the tempo.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Because I live in NJ and have friends that went to Fordham, I have sort of followed Fordham over the last few years. Because this coach makes the game more exciting and seems to like his players to hoist the three pointers and play strong defense resulting in turnovers., this coach may make a very big difference.

They may have peaked for this year but Neubauer may have them on the right track. If they can cause some noise and get some newspaper coverage, and start attracting at least one or two high profile recruits from the NYC area each year, because St. Johns is going nowhere. They can be a Richmond, VCU and UD down the road - except for when we play them!!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't Neubauer have some personal issues last year with his wife that got a little ugly? He may have taken a step back in recruiting with that.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:29 AM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
How will Fordham ever recruit at a better level with that gym?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:33 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
Because I live in NJ and have friends that went to Fordham, I have sort of followed Fordham over the last few years. Because this coach makes the game more exciting and seems to like his players to hoist the three pointers and play strong defense resulting in turnovers., this coach may make a very big difference.

They may have peaked for this year but Neubauer may have them on the right track. If they can cause some noise and get some newspaper coverage, and start attracting at least one or two high profile recruits from the NYC area each year, because St. Johns is going nowhere. They can be a Richmond, VCU and UD down the road - except for when we play them!!
Biggest questions would be his in game management. Insane issue of time outs, unless he deliberately had his best players foul out for additional time out usage. Definitely seems like a high energy guy. Players seemed to play with that same energy, in fact thought they out played the flyers at times.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
I think that early second half timeout was that he was starting to play offense/defense really early. He subbed out Slanina and Hawkins after a made basket using the timeout.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,343 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LIBob View Post
I think that early second half timeout was that he was starting to play offense/defense really early. He subbed out Slanina and Hawkins after a made basket using the timeout.
But using it after the first basket of the second half seems to be a little ridiculous to me.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
he's getting foreign players
Old 02-02-2017, 11:05 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Just a junior. It does seem like he should be a senior. The one that baffles me is Mo Allie Cox at VCU. I feel like he's been there 7 years.
people feel this way about Scoochie, believe me.i call it 'the duhon plan'. jones at richmond is a big offender to me
Old 02-02-2017, 11:14 AM
General

Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,136 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Didn't Neubauer have some personal issues last year with his wife that got a little ugly? He may have taken a step back in recruiting with that.
yes, his former wife tweeted or put on instagram that Neubauer stepped out on her. Apparently (according to blackburn review anyways) he married the girl that he cheated with his wife on.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
But using it after the first basket of the second half seems to be a little ridiculous to me.
Yes, about as ridiculous as putting a kid who is obviously a foul waiting to happen back in the game with 3 fouls with 4 minutes left in the first half. Archie would have NEVER done that with Steve (RIP) last year.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
DDN this morning said Flyer recruit, Jordan Pierce, traveled from NJ to be at the Fordham game. "Getting a taste of Dayton basketball and the fan support that comes with it made him more excited for his future." He said, "I can't wait! I know we were in Fordham's gym, but all I saw was bright red."
One Fordham poster said this is the home game he dreads because Dayton fans always take over and make it their home game instead.
Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBaby (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jerseyflyer09 View Post
people feel this way about Scoochie, believe me.i call it 'the duhon plan'. jones at richmond is a big offender to me
I call it the Dugan Fife plan
Old 02-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
DDN this morning said Flyer recruit, Jordan Pierce, traveled from NJ to be at the Fordham game. "Getting a taste of Dayton basketball and the fan support that comes with it made him more excited for his future." He said, "I can't wait! I know we were in Fordham's gym, but all I saw was bright red."
One Fordham poster said this is the home game he dreads because Dayton fans always take over and make it their home game instead.
I wonder if the Fordham poster you referenced was the dude in the baseball cap who occupied the lower left quadrant of my television screen most of the game, attempting to taunt our guys!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I call it the Dugan Fife plan
Brian Cardinal at Purdue back in the day and more recently Roosevelt Jones at Butler. 8 years of eligibility I guess.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Even Eschemeyer was literally on Northwestern's campus for 6 years.

Since he literally was there the max you can be there we'll roll with the "Eschemeyer plan"

The more of a pain in the ass a player is the longer it seems they've been there.

I bet Kris Dunn thinks Kyle Davis has been at UD for 17 years.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
Brian Cardinal at Purdue back in the day and more recently Roosevelt Jones at Butler. 8 years of eligibility I guess.
I saw Brian Cardinal playing in the NBA a couple of years back and couldn't believe it. I think he left Purdue at age 30 and retired from the NBA at age 50.

For you old-timers, I'm positive that Jess Settles played at Iowa for at least 15 years.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Fill it

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
How will Fordham ever recruit at a better level with that gym?
If Fordham could fill the seats, Rose Hill could be an asset. Yes, it's small and it's old, but it's also solid. It's a stone building. Noise has no way to escape. If the seats were filled and the fans got loud, that gym would rival any in college basketball for decibels.

Having attended the A10 Tournament every year but one since 1999, I've seen a good number of Fordham games. Usually they are painful to watch. This year's games are also painful to watch, it's usually because of how Fordham makes opponents play rather than their own ineptitude.
If they can find their way into the 7-10 seed range, I think they are a team whose style of play can make some noise on Thursday and Friday of the A10 tournament. if they have to play on Wednesday, I think lack of depth will limit success.
jerseyflyer09 (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I think the Fordham team progress is noteworthy because they now may not challenge for the A10 title, but they can definitely influence those that can. They have a lot of athleticism and scrap. They can get hot and ruin your day. That's a long way from where they used to be.

That said, I think they have about peaked and will never be a UD or VCU. They help the league by the progress they have made.
100% agreed SDF. I'm happy that they can be more competitive, and also have a quality coach