User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Is he still wearing those stupid sunglasses?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (03-25-2013), NorthwestFlyer (03-25-2013), rollo (03-25-2013), Tony T 71 (03-25-2013)
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Are his glasses tinted red or bloodshot?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is going to change the direction of the thread a little. I spoke with a friend who is an insider at WVU. I am hearing Staten and his dad have struck again down there. The insider there is saying the AD is questioning Huggy for bringing in Staten, and that Staten has created a toxic situation there causing a divide among the team. It looks like AM made the right move on the JS situation.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Larymike (03-25-2013), longtimefan (03-25-2013), SeasonTicketFan (03-25-2013), UD Sam (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I know this is going to change the direction of the thread a little. I spoke with a friend who is an insider at WVU. I am hearing Staten and his dad have struck again down there. The insider there is saying the AD is questioning Huggy for bringing in Staten, and that Staten has created a toxic situation there causing a divide among the team. It looks like AM made the right move on the JS situation.
I can't imagine any program wanting to take a chance on Staten if he transfers again. His arrogance has destroyed what could have been a great college career.

But then again, maybe he is just misunderstood.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Captain

Angry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud of
I agree with what BG did and how Archie handled the Staten matter. That joker is a cancer to the 10th degree.

He ruined Chris Wright's senior year. The first sign of trouble I saw regarding him was watching Chris Wright's younger brothers (the Trotwood football players) sitting close to me during a game in December in 2010. They were doing a lot of talking and making faces when Staten had the ball in his hands. You could tell they could not stand the dude. I was puzzled at first, now I know why.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Angry John For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-25-2013), SeasonTicketFan (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if Archie should bring in an assistant coach that specializes in defense or not.

I do know that Sean Miller changed X's defense after his first year. I think over the off-season, Sean read some books on defense, talked to some other coaches on the phone about defense, and watched some videos on defense. Sean then picked the pack line defense after having done his research.

And I thought that somebody posted in the past that Purnell brought in Pete Strickland to help him.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Actually, after his 3rd year I was screaming for him to hire an offensive assistant...and to sit his butt down during play.

Now I'm screaming for Miller to hire a defensive assistant...

Clear?
Your point is clear. You make a fair criticism. Perhaps there will be some turnover on UD's coaching staff this off-season. The coaching carousel is just now starting to spin.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Staten always was over-rated. He was a product of the great teams he was on.

Thurgood Marshall, he "led" them to the State DII finals his junior year...except the school made the finals the following year without him.

Oak Hill Academy...had what, 10 high-major D1 players on the roster? Any mediocre point guard could look great passing the ball to those guys.

All Ohio Red...Sullinger, Sibert, Craft, and more...yeah, sure, Staten was the star of THAT team.

Good riddance.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-25-2013), SeasonTicketFan (03-25-2013), UD Sam (03-26-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
In another thread Gazoo started a pool questioning "who is to blame", or something along that line. One name is missing and that name is Staten. Blame either the kid or his father........Since BG brought the kid into the program I guess you could say that BG is to blame. I really think that BG thought he could handle the situation. He was wrong. As a result of Staten becoming a Flyer BG moved onto GT and left the mess behind.....two lost recruiting classes! Staten is a cancer! Huggy Bear and he deserve each other!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-25-2013), SeasonTicketFan (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
In another thread Gazoo started a pool questioning "who is to blame", or something along that line. One name is missing and that name is Staten. Blame either the kid or his father........Since BG brought the kid into the program I guess you could say that BG is to blame. I really think that BG thought he could handle the situation. He was wrong. As a result of Staten becoming a Flyer BG moved onto GT and left the mess behind.....two lost recruiting classes! Staten is a cancer! Huggy Bear and he deserve each other!
And apparently they spend a lot of time traveling together.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:51 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Angry John View Post
Excuse me, my bad, it is Mike Jackson. Former University of Detroit guard who was BG's recruiting assistant coach. He was probably here from like 2003 through 2006. He later on went to Michigan and was an assitant coach under Tommy Amaker.
Jackson spent two year at UD. 2004 and 2005. I don't thinK Jackson was a recruiting assistant then. he probably wasn't one of the coaches allowed off campus. Considering Henton was in fourth grade I doubt there is any connection to his landing at Providence, unless the realtionshipwas developed while Jackson was in the Big10. In that case it's on the Big 10 staff that didn't keep him or they would have Henton.

Mann would not have kept Henton. He was leaving as soon as Gregory did. Schmidt was his primary recruiter anyway.

You have some points but the constant attempts to throw any **** on the wall to see what sticks makes it appear you are clueless. The Henton and Wabler not at st johns being the most obvious. Makes you loom like a troll.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Captain

Angry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud of
UD Doug, Henton's high school coach probably had the relationship with Jackson. That is how a lot of the recruiting works.

My main purpose is to help develop some critical thinking among the fan base. I believe the Administration and a certain percentage of our fans are stuck in a malaise as is the men's basketball program. I am no troll, probably as big a fan as anybody that belongs to the message board.

One of my complaints is that our priorities have gotten out of balance. What I see now going on with the Administration is that their actions show that holding NCAA Tournaments is more important than our men's and women's basketball teams. It is not the University's job to save the City of Dayton at the expense of their basketball teams. I still believe that Tim Walbler could have been at the women's game on Sunday. Our women's basketball team is bursting on the national scene and our administration is still concentraiting on the NCAA Tournment. This approach did not get us into the "New Big East." A complete waste of time.

The NCAA did not do some of the bars or restaurants any favors by having Games Two and Three so close together on Friday.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
My main purpose is to help develop some critical thinking among the fan base.
And we certainly thank you for that. We couldn't do it without you.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (03-26-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Captain

Your welcome. Glad I could be of help.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Re Staten @ WVU...

I have a friend at church who's a Mountaineer grad. Not knowing exactly how their season wound-up (but knowing it was below Huggy standards), I asked him if he was as frustrated with his alma mater's team as I was with our Flyers. He said he heard a national sports channel report that this past season represented Huggy's worst record EVER as a college coach. Judas priest! Even his first UC team, after taking over the mess Yates left behind, had a record of something like 18-10! THAT's how much of a cancer Staten is! Good riddance!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
So now Tim Wabler and Dan Curran have their priorities all out of whack and one of the reasons our mens basketball program is mediocre and we were stiffed by the Big East is because they cannot prioritize what matters most - mens hoops.

And now you wish Wabler was in NYC watching one of UD's money-sucking non-revenue sports when all the NCAA and Division I big wigs are in town.

That's it. I'm now legislating stupidity.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-26-2013), shocka43 (03-26-2013), TA111 (03-26-2013), UD Sam (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 AM

I believe the Administration and a certain percentage of our fans are stuck in a malaise as is the men's basketball program.
Gotta disagree with you on that one. I don't see a malaise, I see restless fans. Short of bringing in an experienced, successful coach at around $2.5-$3 million/year, and I'm not even sure if that amount of money would be enough to land a coach like that, I'm not sure what else the university can do to help the men's basketball program.

Judging by this board, if Archie doesn't get the team back to the NCAA tournament by his 5th year, then it would seem that people on here will be boiling mad by then, and I would guess that Archie would be let go. I don't think that is going to be an issue though as I think Archie will get the job done.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
UD Doug, Henton's high school coach probably had the relationship with Jackson. That is how a lot of the recruiting works.

My main purpose is to help develop some critical thinking among the fan base. I believe the Administration and a certain percentage of our fans are stuck in a malaise as is the men's basketball program. I am no troll, probably as big a fan as anybody that belongs to the message board.

One of my complaints is that our priorities have gotten out of balance. What I see now going on with the Administration is that their actions show that holding NCAA Tournaments is more important than our men's and women's basketball teams. It is not the University's job to save the City of Dayton at the expense of their basketball teams. I still believe that Tim Walbler could have been at the women's game on Sunday. Our women's basketball team is bursting on the national scene and our administration is still concentraiting on the NCAA Tournment. This approach did not get us into the "New Big East." A complete waste of time.

The NCAA did not do some of the bars or restaurants any favors by having Games Two and Three so close together on Friday.
why the hell is Tim Wabler supposed to be in Queens. The associate AD in charge of the sport is supposed to be there. That's Mike Kelly.

You have people that have been employed in different athletic departments telling you the AD was where he was supposed to be.

If Mike Jackson was so important to Henton's decision, he would have signed there in November 2011. Or if Mann was so important he would have went to Iowa State. And if Jackson had the relationship with the HS coach it would have been created post 2005.

In your desire to create different thinking you are just being stupid on some of these points. It detracts from you message. And you are getting people who otherwise agree with some of the points arguing with you - most of them on those two issues.
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
The definition of self-delusion.

Angry John ⇒ "My main purpose is to help develop some critical thinking among the fan base."

Give me a break, your main purpose is to post half-baked claims and baseless rants. But if your crusade to bring the program crashing to the ground around you helps you feel empowered, go for it.

UDDoug ⇒ ". . . the constant attempts to throw any **** on the wall to see what sticks makes it appear you are clueless. The Henton and Wabler not at st johns being the most obvious. Makes you loo(k) like a troll."

That.

If it looks like a troll . . .
If it smells like a troll . . .

I think I'll go find something interesting to read.