User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
"From the Swamp": Maybe It's Better This Way

Time will tell:

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30032
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bob G (12-05-2016), fuz_forward (12-02-2016)
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
given the injuries to Cunningham and Pollard, it's kind of hard to argue against the premise of your article; and, it is true that the staff had to adjust...to some extent...on the fly; but seriously, I think Nebraska is a much better game by game opponent that most give them credit for. Although, the Big Ten might be tough and humbling experience for Nebraska.

In regard to UCLA, sorry folks, way over rated and stated. They walk and hold themselves like bad MFers, but the likes of UK, U of L, XU, Villanova, UNC, et al., would put the fake UCLA strut on ice faster than a 90 degree day would melt poor frosty the snowman. The Flyers certainly might have lost to them, but not by the 25 points that everyone purports...not even close...Flyers would have pushed them. For example, Nebraska pushed them, right up until the closing minute of the game. I am not buying UCLA's dominance over other rankable national clubs. I just don't see it. We could draw some comparison to both Dayton and UCLA through the Saint Marys beat down of Stanford as well.

I agree with Swampy in the sense that playing Portland and New Mexico might have been very good for confidence and development, and team chemistry, etc..., hard to argue against that; but I wanted the Flyers to play on ESPN2, not ESPN3, and to be against a top 25 team, not Portland.

If UCLA would play any of teams from my short list above, they would be wishing like heck that had Portland again that night...count on it.

Furthermore, I think the situation has allowed for UD to learn some other things about the sophomore class, and what style of play they bring to the floor when they are all playing significant minutes. In that sense, Swampy may also be right, that it's better off. Because XWILLIAMS, and M & M, are looking like they might make this whole thing very interesting. I believe the sophomore class is on the verge of offensive explosion.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
In regard to UCLA, sorry folks, way over rated and stated. They walk and hold themselves like bad MFers, but the likes of UK, U of L, XU, Villanova, UNC, et al., would put the fake UCLA strut on ice faster than a 90 degree day would melt poor frosty the snowman. I agree with Swampy in the sense that playing Portland and New Mexico might have been very good for confidence and development, and team chemistry, etc..., hard to argue against that; but I wanted the Flyers to play on ESPN2, not ESPN3, and to be against a top 25 team, not Portland.
Agree with much of what you said, especially the Flyers playing UCLA. Put me in the YES column. If for no other reason than the experience and the opportunity for Archie to coach circles around Alford, the definition of overrated!

And we'll find out if your projection holds true starting at 12:30 tomorrow when UCLA tips off in Lexington vs UK.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
Three teams go 2-1 and 1-2, not two.
Mad Props to LIBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-02-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed. I was obviously not a math major.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
I really was a math major at UD.