UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: The Golden Pierogie for the Duquesne win goes to...
Pollard 16/6 and 6/6 from field 20 28.17%
KDavis 12/6 5 assists off bench 38 53.52%
DDavis 13/2/2 2 2.82%
Scoochie 9/2 and 8 assists 6 8.45%
Cooke 9/8 and 76 assists 1 1.41%
Crosby 8/2/3a/2st 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Pierogie Award - Duquesne II

Sorry I didn;t get this out sooner but the King and his '86 friends have been at Kramer's celebrating together and I've been Royally distracted.

With that said there are quite a few Flyers deserving of today's Golden Award...so vote away. It's the 'merican thing to do!

Go Flyers!

King Rollo...OUT!
Old 02-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Come on Referee Rollo we need your opinion on the end of the VCU Bonaventure game!
Old 02-04-2017, 09:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Not voting for anyone. Total team effort.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-05-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-05-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,630 Times in 766 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Crosby. Let's hope it is the start of something. Positive thoughts.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (02-06-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (02-05-2017), Radar (02-05-2017), ruechalgrin (02-05-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:57 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Come on Referee Rollo we need your opinion on the end of the VCU Bonaventure game!
100% I support the Technical...it's part of the rules and ignored by most. But if you're stupid enough to storm the court before the horn goes off - or as a player run on the court before - you deserve exactly what you get....a 'T' and an 'L'.

King Ref...OUT!
jack72 (02-05-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,630 Times in 766 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Sorry I didn;t get this out sooner but the King and his '86 friends have been at Kramer's celebrating together and I've been Royally distracted.

With that said there are quite a few Flyers deserving of today's Golden Award...so vote away. It's the 'merican thing to do!

Go Flyers!

King Rollo...OUT!
Been a while since I have been to Kramers. They still doing the 40 ouncers? What are those running? Please tell me that place hasnt changed.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,343 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
KP was certainly deserving and is really hitting his stride offensively which is great to see, but I voted for Kyle because beside having a very good statistical game he never ceases to amaze with the little things he does to affect a game.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer2 (02-05-2017), San Diego Flyer (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Went with Kyle, but strongly considered Kendall.

Play Of The Game: With about 2:30 left in the first half and a good chunk of our lead gone, ARCHIE put in Kyle, Kendall, Charles, X, and Scoochie. This "starting 5" turned the momentum and we coasted in the 2nd half.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
100% I support the Technical...it's part of the rules and ignored by most. But if you're stupid enough to storm the court before the horn goes off - or as a player run on the court before - you deserve exactly what you get....a 'T' and an 'L'.

King Ref...OUT!
Thank you for input King Rollo but I wouldn't have been too upset if the refs would have ignored the rules like so many before them to give VCU another loss mainly to tick off Tori! https://twitter.com/oh_hey_tori/with_replies
Old 02-04-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
Been a while since I have been to Kramers. They still doing the 40 ouncers? What are those running? Please tell me that place hasnt changed.
Still a dump. A great dump, but a dump! And 40 oz was the only choice...Bud Light...Ahhhhh! Made me feel young again which doesn't happen very often these days.

Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Thank you for input King Rollo but I wouldn't have been too upset if the refs would have ignored the rules like so many before them to give VCU another loss mainly to tick off Tori! https://twitter.com/oh_hey_tori/with_replies
Ignoring the rules is possible if it's a slight violation...but if the entire campus is on your court you really have no choice. And in all honesty, the AD should have ropes/barriers in place if such a fear exists. If the St. B AD didn't anticipate such a situation, then he deserves the loss as much as the fans. Notice I didn't blame the coach or team...cuz how could you? They did what they were supposed to do. It's the other idiots that lost control.

Act like you've been there.

UGH!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
KD

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
KP was certainly deserving and is really hitting his stride offensively which is great to see, but I voted for Kyle because beside having a very good statistical game he never ceases to amaze with the little things he does to affect a game.
5 for 5, including a 3pt. And no turnovers with 5 assists. Gosh, I wonder if anyone has ever thought about him being a backup point guard.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-05-2017), C-time (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Still a dump. A great dump, but a dump! And 40 oz was the only choice...Bud Light...Ahhhhh! Made me feel young again which doesn't happen very often these days.

Ignoring the rules is possible if it's a slight violation...but if the entire campus is on your court you really have no choice. And in all honesty, the AD should have ropes/barriers in place if such a fear exists. If the St. B AD didn't anticipate such a situation, then he deserves the loss as much as the fans. Notice I didn't blame the coach or team...cuz how could you? They did what they were supposed to do. It's the other idiots that lost control.

Act like you've been there.

UGH!
I just saw a video from another source and I completely agree with you. A VCU player went and grabbed the ball out of the security guards hands and tried to make a play. That's all someone VCU had to do. The VCU player tried to make a play which means it should have been a T. Congrats Rams
Old 02-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
5 for 5, including a 3pt. And no turnovers with 5 assists. Gosh, I wonder if anyone has ever thought about him being a backup point guard.
I did! I did! I did! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 04:23 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Watching the game, I thought Mikesell was clearly the POTG in the first half, but Kyle got it for the game. A little (lot) surprised Mikesell wasn't an option.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,485 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Love me some pierogies.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM

Thanked 2,432 Times in 832 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
It's really hard to ignore Cooke's 76 assists. 😏
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (02-05-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-05-2017), priceg75 (02-05-2017), rollo (02-05-2017), ruechalgrin (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
It's really hard to ignore Cooke's 76 assists. 😏
I've been waiting for some smart*ss to point that out.
AC91 (02-05-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (02-05-2017), ruechalgrin (02-05-2017), The Fly (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Rollo, never apologize for being late when you are drinking beer or eating Pierogies.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute

King Ref...OUT!
Rules are the rules. They enforced the rules. That said, i hate that rule. problem is, its a fine line determining whether the game is "over" or not. i can't see the rule being removed or changed.

Bottom line it screwed us but it was a good call.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been waiting for some smart*ss to point that out.
If he didn't, i would have
Old 02-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Brigadier General

I would have voted for Kendall or Kyle. Likely Kyle because he finished every friggin play to the rim, AGAIN! Sandwich!!!!! Or like cj said, abstain, it was a true total effort.

BUT

This site has hammered, and i mean HAMMERED John Crosby. No one worse then me. John Crosby earned my vote today.

Darrell has his stroke back. And is shooting with confidence again, as i predicted. And contrary to popular opinion he is now the 3rd best individual defender on the team.

Darrell's stroke reminds me of the rug in The Big Lebowski. It really bring everything together.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (02-06-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 11:58 AM
General

Thanked 2,829 Times in 1,552 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I'll go with Darrell Davis on this one. This may have been a tipping point for him in terms of restoring his confidence.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:48 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Every year when I get to Dayton to see I game, Kramers is a mandatory stop. Used to hit the "high end establishment" every Friday afternoon with a group from the engineering school. Still has the 40 ouncers, and all the frills.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I would have voted for Kendall or Kyle. Likely Kyle because he finished every friggin play to the rim, AGAIN! Sandwich!!!!! Or like cj said, abstain, it was a true total effort.

BUT

This site has hammered, and i mean HAMMERED John Crosby. No one worse then me. John Crosby earned my vote today.

Darrell has his stroke back. And is shooting with confidence again, as i predicted. And contrary to popular opinion he is now the 3rd best individual defender on the team.

Darrell's stroke reminds me of the rug in The Big Lebowski. It really bring everything together.
While John had his best game as a Flyer, in my opinion, I will wait until he has an assist to turnover ratio that is greater than or equal to 1 before he gets my vote.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
It's scoochie.its always scoochie
Old 02-05-2017, 04:15 PM
1st Lieutenant

mook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura about
Crosby. Let's hope it is the start of something. Positive thoughts.
negative assist to turnover ratio in a blow out still scares me.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I literally thought "sandwich" more than once yesterday.

Darn you, BRob.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerBob (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I was a the game and said the word "sandwich" at least 3 times, if not 4, when KD went in for layups! I think of what BRob2Perryman3 said every time. If I would have been at home watching on TV I would have had enough time to either take another bite of my current sandwich or go into the kitchen and make a fresh one!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 02-05-2017 at 04:55 PM..
Old 02-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Sad to see there is no way to vote for a Pierogie. Did you ever have a pierogie filled with ripe blueberries?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good!

In second place only due to the fact my first vote goes to those blueberry pierogie's is KD
Old 02-05-2017, 05:33 PM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I'll go with Darrell Davis on this one. This may have been a tipping point for him in terms of restoring his confidence.
If I had a second vote, it would have gone to DD. He looked like a dam* player out there yesterday. Good finishes at the rim, no hesitation on the wide open 3's. And hustled all over the place on defense, just being a nuisance.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM

Thanked 3,162 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Baby D has really developed this year when most of us were ready to give up just 10 games ago. Sometimes it just takes guys a little longer. Maybe Crosby will be one of those guys.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (02-06-2017)