User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,011 Times in 2,590 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
2019 Recruiting Thread

The coaching staff have offered their 1st 2019 recruit

Kira Lewis‏ @Mr_Lewis3 1h1 hour ago
More
Thankful To Receive An Offer From The University Of Dayton ��#FlyerNation

Garrett Tucker‏ @GTuckerHoops 1h1 hour ago
More
Dayton has offered 2019 Hazel Green (AL) guard Kira Lewis, Jr. (@Mr_Lewis3)

6'3" Guard out of Alabama (he already has offers from both Johnson at Bama and Pearl at Auburn)... #82 overall by Rivals, #71 overall by 247

Go Get Em AG & Coach Kane!

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 06-02-2017 at 10:38 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (06-01-2017), MNFats (06-01-2017), skip69 (07-09-2017)
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,121 Times in 789 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Don't be surprised if this is the kind of player that Grant recruits moving forward. He has been there before and has the confidence to get these kind of guys. The 2019 class will be top 25. Mark it down.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
The coaching staff have offered their 1st 2019 recruit

Kira Lewis‏ @Mr_Lewis3 1h1 hour ago
More
Thankful To Receive An Offer From The University Of Dayton ��#FlyerNation

Garrett Tucker‏ @GTuckerHoops 1h1 hour ago

More
Dayton has offered 2019 Hazel Green (AL) guard Kira Lewis, Jr. (@Mr_Lewis3)

6'3" Guard out of Alabama (he already has an offer from Avery Johnson & Bama)... #82 overall by Rivals, #71 overall by 247

Go Get Em AG & Coach Kane!
Oh my goodness, this guy seems so very young in the video. Clearly, he is still developing. Everything is below the rim. We must leave a recruit like this up to the experts. Will he develop?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Oh my goodness, this guy seems so very young in the video. Clearly, he is still developing. Everything is below the rim. We must leave a recruit like this up to the experts. Will he develop?
Posted via Mobile Device
Seriously? The kid just finished his SO year in high school. I am sure there will be further development. Try relaxing and let the experts do their job.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that he is very young is a heck of an observation. But chances are pretty good he will get older. I'm not an expert though.
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-09-2018), Browns (06-02-2017), Bucketnight (06-03-2017), Flyer 86 (06-06-2018), Gazoo (06-05-2017), Glen Clark (06-11-2017), Larymike (06-15-2017), MikeF (06-02-2017), MNFats (06-02-2017), TA111 (06-02-2017), UD62 (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
You have used the term "below the rim" to evaluate 3 different players (in the 2018 and 2019 threads). You know these guys are PG's, right?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (06-02-2017), jack72 (06-02-2017), m21eagle45 (06-02-2017), UDTradition (06-03-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
I liked all of his youtube.com videos. He has a good outside shot, good form, good ball handler and dunks with ease! You don't know what percentage he shoots from the free throw line! He may shoot 90%. How would you like him then? We don't know all the facts about future recruits and for that reason we just need to trust AG and his assistants.

The one thing that I agree with you on is your statement in the 2018 recruiting thread when you said, "I really like that Antwann Jones player!" There isn't anything not to like about him and I hope he accepts the scholarship we have offered. We would be set for four years at the point guard position!
Old 06-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
CvilleFlyer: I think I watched about 7 different videos with Antwann Jones in it. He looks like a potentially great player. Curiously, Antwann Jones is actually in the same game, highlighting other players on their bio pages. He is in the play. I concur with my criticism above. I am just a fan who is watching videos and I know nothing. But I am one heck of a fan. Look at me and you. Its May and I am watching College basketball videos. The season does not start till October and these players just finished sophomore and junior high school classes.

My reference to "seems to play below the rim" on some of these players is my way of saying that they may not be able to elevate which is part of showing some athletic upside talent. But the criticism above is valid. John Stockton from Santa Clara and later the Utah Jazz was a great player and I do not ever remember seeing him play above the rim.

I attended the Olympic trials in Bloomington Indiana when Bobby Knight was head coach and Donoher was an Assistant coach. I remember Stockton actually dunking once.

My reference to "he looks so young" is my way of saying, did I ever look THAT young?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
My reference to "he looks so young" is my way of saying, did I ever look THAT young?
Posted via Mobile Device
Unless your real name is Greg Oden, I would venture to say yes, you did.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (06-15-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
I concur with my criticism above
Posted via Mobile Device
It's good to know you agree with your own opinion.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (06-11-2017), m21eagle45 (06-03-2017), springborofan (06-03-2017), UD62 (06-03-2017), UDTradition (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 04:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I don't care whether a point guard can dunk, I would trade jumping ability for quickness and court vision any day. I don't remember Brian Roberts dunking much. If any of you watch the nba Isiah Thomas of the Celtics scored 29 points a game and I doubt he can dunk

Of course having a point guard who can jump like Johnny Davis is a great thing to have. That is my favorite mural at the arena, Johnny Davis blocking a shot near the rim
Old 06-03-2017, 06:01 PM

Thanked 6,599 Times in 3,015 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Johnny Davis "couldn't" dunk either.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,008 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
I don't care whether a point guard can dunk, I would trade jumping ability for quickness and court vision any day. I don't remember Brian Roberts dunking much. If any of you watch the nba Isiah Thomas of the Celtics scored 29 points a game and I doubt he can dunk

Of course having a point guard who can jump like Johnny Davis is a great thing to have. That is my favorite mural at the arena, Johnny Davis blocking a shot near the rim
You obviously don't watch the Celtics much.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (06-05-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 09:54 PM

wes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to behold
Shante Rogers could not dunk.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:50 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by wes View Post
Shante Rogers could not dunk.
In fairness, he was like 3'2"... Dayton used to get guys who were 6'10" that couldn't dunk.
Flyer 86 (08-06-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
A) John Stockton went to Gonzaga not Santa Clara, that was Steve Nash.

B) Shawnta Rogers was 5'4". The height is impossible to forget he wore his height on his jersey. Literally. #54. The way he stabbed us in the heart so many times i won't be forgetting him anytime soon......and its already been 20 years.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (06-04-2017), wes (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of

You doubt Isiah Thomas can dunk? 😂😂😂
Old 06-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
A) John Stockton went to Gonzaga not Santa Clara, that was Steve Nash.

B) Shawnta Rogers was 5'4". The height is impossible to forget he wore his height on his jersey. Literally. #54. The way he stabbed us in the heart so many times i won't be forgetting him anytime soon......and its already been 20 years.
Correct - i was thinking Gonzaga and typed something else.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Detwon Rogers couldn't dunk either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Have we figured out if Detwon will suit up this year?
Old 06-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,733 Times in 781 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Ray Harper can dunk with his feet.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (06-04-2017), Flyer 86 (06-15-2017), wes (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 02:54 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Shawnta Rogers could not dunk.
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
Nor could Mister Rogers - not even in his own neighborhood.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:05 AM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
You obviously don't watch the Celtics much.
I have just watched highlights of Thomas and didn't see dunks. So I will rephrase and say he can score at will in the lane without dunking
Old 06-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Nor could Mister Rogers - not even in his own neighborhood.
He gets a pass due to his affinity for sweater vests. He's got some red ones in the closet too.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,290 Times in 1,310 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Could Keith Braswell dunk?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,290 Times in 1,310 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
In fairness, he was like 3'2"... Dayton used to get guys who were 6'10" that couldn't dunk.
Here's some that come to mind...Troy McCracken, Bull Uhl (younger), Wes Coffey, Sam Howard...please feel free to add to this list.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I would say Huelsman, but we have video evidence to the contrary.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
I would say Huelsman, but we have video evidence to the contrary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekmuxFbogII
Old 06-06-2017, 11:34 AM

Thanked 1,291 Times in 667 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Mugsy Bogues could dunk. Wasn't he 5'3"? Spudd Webb could I'm pretty sure and he was like 5' 7"
Old 06-06-2017, 11:47 AM
General

Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,113 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Spud Webb won an NBA dunk contest, so yes, he could dunk.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:54 AM

Thanked 15,823 Times in 6,961 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Mugsy Bogues could dunk. Wasn't he 5'3"? Spudd Webb could I'm pretty sure and he was like 5' 7"
Outside of a TV commercial, Mugsy Bogues never dunked. Too many confuse him with Spudd Webb, who could easily dunk. File the 'Mugsy Bogues can dunk' with the 'Michael Jordon got cut from varsity as a junior' stories.
CT Flyer (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Thanked 6,299 Times in 3,002 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
mugsy could barely reach the net
Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
File the 'Mugsy Bogues can dunk' with the 'Michael Jordon got cut from varsity as a junior' stories.
First - the story is he was cut his Sophomore year.

The Jordan story is larger than you give it credit for. No, they didn't outright cut him as a sophomore and send him home, but he did not make Varsity. For most sophomores - that's normal. MJ is not most players. By that same age Kobe was his teams leading scorer, LeBron was Mr. Basketball in Ohio, and Earvin Johnson had already earned the nickname Magic. Look up all the greats of the last 30 years - almost all of them made Varsity their sophomore year (if not earlier).

So while the rest of the greats were all playing (and excelling) on their Varsity teams as sophomores - the fact that The Greatest couldn't even get on the Varsity roster - is noteworthy.

And yes - Bogues couldn't dunk...
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 01:00 PM

Thanked 1,291 Times in 667 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Dang, that Mugsy Bogues video was fake news! Removed the link. I didn't listen to it, just watched it. Apparently it has some rap music in the background that is fairly obscene, so I apologize if anyone watched it and was offended.

From one of the comments:

Shortest player to dunk in an NBA game was Spud Webb, true. But Greg Grant 5'7, Calvin Murphy 5'9 and reportedly 5'3 Tyrone Muggsey Bogues with his 44"vertical and even 5'5 Earl Bookings could dunk. Also Isaiah Thomsa Jr has frequently dunked in games but is not in this video. Other players under 6' who have dunked in games are Terrell Brandon 5'11, Michael Adams 5'10, Damon Stoudamire 5'11, and others.

Not sure if this is accurate or not.

Last edited by TXFlyerFan; 06-06-2017 at 01:06 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Outside of a TV commercial, Mugsy Bogues never dunked. Too many confuse him with Spudd Webb, who could easily dunk. File the 'Mugsy Bogues can dunk' with the 'Michael Jordon got cut from varsity as a junior' stories.
Naturally, we gotta also file it with the "Rollo leaving the facts part out" of the story...
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Major General

I have just watched highlights of Thomas and didn't see dunks. So I will rephrase and say he can score at will in the lane without dunking
Thomas can jump so high he can dunk on lowlights. You might want to rephrase your original rephrase by going to your friend "Google" and typing in something, oh, along the lines of "Can Isiah Thomas from the Celtics dunk"...

Since there are probably dozens of dunks including one over a 6'10" teammate, I'll let you pick which one you like...

Last edited by steve; 06-06-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 03:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Thomas can jump so high he can dunk on lowlights. You might want to rephrase your original rephrase by going to your friend "Google" and typing in something, oh, along the lines of "Can Isiah Thomas from the Celtics dunk"...

Since there are probably dozens of dunks including one over a 6'10" teammate, I'll let you pick which one you like...
lmao, you are making this a much bigger issue than I care to make it. Isiah Thomas makes fools out of guys every game without dunking.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Major General

@RussHoops Dayton has contacted 2019 @1FamilyHoops four-star wing Zimife Nwokeji (@ZimifeNwokeji)

Florida kid with impossible name and a lot of game. Early rankings have him top 50-75 nationally.

Florida State, St. Johns, and Virginia Tech have offered. Visited Louisville. Heavy interest from Florida.

Nice to see Grant using those Florida connections to get in early on 2019 4 star talent.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-15-2017), OSU Flyer (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:29 PM
General

Thanked 3,896 Times in 2,140 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 42m42 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Tanner Holden (@tannerholden_23) has heard from Dayton and Iowa today. Tanner already holds an offer from Ohio University.
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:31 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 45m45 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Amari Davis (@Amari937) has heard from Dayton and Iowa today. We appreciate the interest!
jack72 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:37 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 52m52 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Keshawn Heard (@keshawn_heard) has heard from Ohio State and Dayton today. Great schools, Keshawn!

Jacob Polacheck‏ @JacobPolacheck 55m55 minutes ago
More
These Schools called at midnight for 2019 Jeremiah Francis(@JFrancis30)
Purdue
Dayton
Miami U
Cincinnati
OSU
UofNewMexico
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
No offense, but one reason I slowed my visits to UDPride is because I try to read a thread titled 2019 recruiting and have to sift through 20 posts about Muggsy Bogues to find updates. Carry on, but not easy to navigate for a casual visitor.

Is it just me and the world of twitter making interest/offers more visible, or is Grant casting a much wider net and making a lot more offers/contacts in recruiting, including more "long shots"? I don't recall ever going after so many 4 stars -- I assume this is in part because the assumption is UD was not in play for them.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
No offense, but one reason I slowed my visits to UDPride is because I try to read a thread titled 2019 recruiting and have to sift through 20 posts about Muggsy Bogues to find updates. Carry on, but not easy to navigate for a casual visitor.

Is it just me and the world of twitter making interest/offers more visible, or is Grant casting a much wider net and making a lot more offers/contacts in recruiting, including more "long shots"? I don't recall ever going after so many 4 stars -- I assume this is in part because the assumption is UD was not in play for them.
Grant is known as a big time recruiter. We are going after players that are in line rankings wise with what VCU and other teams on that level go after. Archie seemed much more inclined to go after the guys who were under recruited or guys who fit his system.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 06-15-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-08-2018)
Old 06-15-2017, 01:46 PM
General of the Air Force

This 4 man staff is going to recruit up a storm... I loved Archie, Kuwik, Ostrom & Griffin, but this new staff as a whole will out recruit them here... Coaching is TBD
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-08-2018), flyer016 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 02:11 PM
General

Some legitimate long shots in 2018 and 2019
Old 06-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post

The only four star player that UD ever recruited in the past 10-15 years was Chris Wright. Brian Gregory was the coach then but Chris grew up wanting to be a Flyer! I agree that Grant and his new staff are casting a much wider net. The only 4 star that Archie ever offered (and that was just before he left for Indiana) was Antwann Jones for 2018. Since then, Anthony Grant has offered several more for 2018 and so far is being aggressive offering 4 star athletes for 2019!

Don Donoher and Archie Miller had the ability to take average players and make them better in each of their four years. The three coaches in between (Jim O'Brien, Oliver Purnell and Brian Gregory) not so much!

I am happy that Anthony Grant is being more aggressive because it proves that he believes that UD is in play for them instead of settling.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:51 PM
General

Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,113 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
What is the cut off for a 4 star? Staten was top 50 nationally in a lot of different sights. Brandon Spearman was as high as 89 IIRC, top 100 in several.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-08-2018)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,139 Times in 596 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
The only four star player that UD ever recruited in the past 10-15 years was Chris Wright. Brian Gregory was the coach then but Chris grew up wanting to be a Flyer! I agree that Grant and his new staff are casting a much wider net. The only 4 star that Archie ever offered (and that was just before he left for Indiana) was Antwann Jones for 2018. Since then, Anthony Grant has offered several more for 2018 and so far is being aggressive offering 4 star athletes for 2019!
Scoochie and Kostas were both 4 stars.

As for offers, Archie had at least 8 offers to four stars in the 2017 class alone and landed none of them. The offers were there, just didn't get many to commit. Hopefully Grant can change that.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post

Don Donoher and Archie Miller had the ability to take average players and make them better in each of their four years. The three coaches in between (Jim O'Brien, Oliver Purnell and Brian Gregory) not so much!

I am happy that Anthony Grant is being more aggressive because it proves that he believes that UD is in play for them instead of settling.
Juwan Staten was a 4 star player out of high school that Dayton landed.

Matt Derenbecker and Jordan Sibert were 4 star players out of high school that Dayton successfully recruited when they opted to transfer.

Luke Kennard (Duke), Jordan Tucker (headed to Duke this year), Aaron Craft (Ohio State), AJ Harris (Ohio State), and many many more 4 star players have been offered by Dayton coaches as well. I could come up with many more if I thought about it.
Flyer 86 (08-06-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by bcross View Post

As for offers, Archie had at least 8 offers to four stars in the 2017 class alone and landed none of them. The offers were there, just didn't get many to commit. Hopefully Grant can change that.
Scoochie was a 3 star almost everywhere. Kostas was a 4 star on some services (rivals) and 3 star on others (espn).
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-06-2017), flyer016 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,139 Times in 596 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie was a 3 star almost everywhere. Kostas was a 4 star on some services (rivals) and 3 star on others (espn).
I just searched on Rivals and didn't look anywhere else.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...on-smith-26083
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bcross View Post

So this, at least in part, seems to indicate we've gone after 4 stars in the past, I just seem to be noticing the 4 star offers more now (largely a function of twitter).
Old 06-15-2017, 03:18 PM
General

BG offered a lot of top kids. It almost seemed like a rite of passage missing out on the Jerome Randle, Wilson Chandler, etc caliber prospects
SeasonTicketFan (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Bringing recruits into the newly renovated arena and in-home visits by AG will land many a 4 star recruit in the near future. Book it.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:01 PM
General of the Air Force

All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 37m37 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Andre Gordon (@20dre) heard from Akron, Indiana, Kansas State, Dayton, & Cleveland State today. That's a great list, Dre!
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-16-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 11:11 PM
Major General

@coreyevans_10
Oklahoma State, Auburn, Clemson, FGCU, Dayton, Clemson & UCF among those in touch with 2019 @TeamCP25 wing Isaiah Palermo today
Old 06-16-2017, 12:12 AM

Thanked 16,976 Times in 5,076 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Will be interesting to see how many of the same kids Grant and Gregory go after given Grant's experience/roots in Florida and BG now at USF.

BG gave an interview with a Bulls source not long ago about scheduling and talked about his experience at Dayton and Tech when it came to scheduling to fit your talent and desirability to be successful. USF recently agreed to a home/home with Charlotte. Not sure that qualifies but I digress.

Speaking of Florida schools, FGCU just inked a home/home with Rhody. Ive been to FGCU near Naples and its paradise. How someone could say no on a recruiting visit there I have no idea. Still, you'd never see UD or SLU agree to such a series. VCU has taken upon them a headscratching series now and then (Winthrop, ETSU, Belmont), but Wade put a stop to a lot of that. RPI-wise it might make sense for URI, but with a much smaller home gate they can probably "afford" such a series of lesser prestige.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 06-16-2017, 07:00 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,545 Times in 3,692 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 37m37 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Andre Gordon (@20dre) heard from Akron, Indiana, Kansas State, Dayton, & Cleveland State today. That's a great list, Dre!
I mentioned this name a year or so ago (as a 2018 recruit, I was wrong on the year) as he is somewhat local kid from Sidney. A very knowledgeable friend has seen Andre play several times over the last couple years, and according to him expect more big name offers in the near future for this kid. Hoping we have a chance as he will be a stud.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:11 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
@coreyevans_10
Oklahoma State, Auburn, Clemson, FGCU, Dayton, Clemson & UCF among those in touch with 2019 @TeamCP25 wing Isaiah Palermo today
Wow, both Clemson and Clemson were in touch with him? That's strong.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Captain

DaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Wow, both Clemson and Clemson were in touch with him? That's strong.
He's so good they offered him twice!
Mad Props to DaytonDecibelDungeon For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I mentioned this name a year or so ago (as a 2018 recruit, I was wrong on the year) as he is somewhat local kid from Sidney. A very knowledgeable friend has seen Andre play several times over the last couple years, and according to him expect more big name offers in the near future for this kid. Hoping we have a chance as he will be a stud.
Claytonflyerfan and lhsgolf: the video on Andre Gordon is sweet. He shows a great jump shot, 6'2"" in size, switches hands in the air on shot, quick passes, elevation into a dunk and some upper arm strength. He looks great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-19-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 09:01 AM

Thanked 10,096 Times in 5,841 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
What does "in touch with him" mean? Probably not offered. Called, tweeted, texted, sent a letter? Sounds like a casual, just letting you know we are interested.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
What does "in touch with him" mean? Probably not offered. Called, tweeted, texted, sent a letter? Sounds like a casual, just letting you know we are interested.
Or casual fans un-ethically reaching out to him via Twitter

(sarcasm)

Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-16-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 09:11 AM
General

Andre Gordon is also a pretty highly regarded football recruit as well
Old 06-18-2017, 01:24 AM
Colonel

@RussHoops Dayton has contacted 2019 @1FamilyHoops four-star wing Zimife Nwokeji (@ZimifeNwokeji)

Florida kid with impossible name and a lot of game. Early rankings have him top 50-75 nationally.

Florida State, St. Johns, and Virginia Tech have offered. Visited Louisville. Heavy interest from Florida.

Nice to see Grant using those Florida connections to get in early on 2019 4 star talent.
This kid is a baller! At 6'8" he can play all 5 positions and he and Kostas, Jalen Crutcher, Jordan Davis and whomever would be a nightmare for opposing teams! Zim will be the best junior in the state of Florida next season and, if you haven't seen his you tube videos you should watch them. I am happy that Anthony Grant is offering 4 star athletes such as him because I don't think Archie Miller would have even offered thinking UD wouldn't have a chance!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 06-18-2017 at 01:32 AM..
Old 06-18-2017, 10:55 AM

Thanked 10,494 Times in 4,702 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Bucky, first Kostas Antetokounmpo, Obadiah Toppin, and now maybe Zimife Nwokeji.

How about Kostas, Obi, and Zimi?
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Poor Bucky, first Kostas Antetokounmpo, Obadiah Toppin, and now maybe Zimife Nwokeji.

How about Kostas, Obi, and Zimi?
Yes, I forgot about Obi! Jalen and Jordan will be the only names Bucky will be able to pronounce!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Major General

Gainesville, Florida kid...

@TeamKnightHoops
University of Dayton (OH) is is now recruiting 2019 PG Bryan BJ Greenlee (The Rock School). #TeamKnight #adidasUprising #TeamKnightHoops
Old 06-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,076 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
With all these potential Florida recruits, it may come to pass that the Dayton to Daytona trip for UD students will just be a round trip .... Dayton to .... ah Dayton!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:18 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice list, but almost all guards. Only one kid over 6'5", and no bigs. Of course it is early and the list is just one guys knowledge.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...9lFJCPIUjQByL/
Old 06-27-2017, 02:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Jeremiah Francis��‏ @JFrancis30_ 10m10 minutes ago

Blessed To Say I've Recieved An Offer From University of Dayton ! #GoFlyers #A10��⚪️

6'2" PG out of Pickerington... his team was at the camp this weekend

Love the offer but more than likely headed to OSU
Old 06-28-2017, 09:16 AM
Colonel

Jeremiah Francis��‏ @JFrancis30_ 10m10 minutes ago

Blessed To Say I've Recieved An Offer From University of Dayton ! #GoFlyers #A10��⚪️

6'2" PG out of Pickerington... his team was at the camp this weekend

Love the offer but more than likely headed to OSU
There is a lot of video on Jeremiah Francis on the web. He seems to do everything well except elevate. He blocks out with his body very well. He shoots a lot of shots around the basket with one hand. This guys looks like he has that intangible "player" quality. He is a great player. He really knows how to play the game of basketball. I am not convinced that he is very quick of foot. But, in high school, he is really getting the job done. I feel confident that the chunkiness of youth will mature into much more muscle as he gets older. All the web sites are convinced that he is going to Ohio State though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2017, 10:23 AM
General

Francis dad was a player for OSU in the 80s
Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Grandpa played at Dayton
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Atlantic 10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (06-28-2017), UDGutter2 (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 11:35 AM

Looks like he played against Anthony Grant in 85-86 and 86-87. OSU won 80-73 in 85-86. Francis had 3 and Grant didn't score. UD won 89-86 in 86-87, with Grant scoring 17 points and Francis 7. (Hopson had 41 for OSU.) After Grant graduated, Francis had 23 in an 81-80 UD win in 87-88. Francis had 8 in an Ohio State 104-76 win in 88-89. It would be great to have a series like that again.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-28-2017), OSU Flyer (06-28-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 06:13 PM
General

Prep Hoops Florida‏ @prephoopsfl Jun 15
More
2019 Choctawhatchee F Diante Smith is earning interest from UAB, Dayton, USF and Troy. @DSXXII__

Recruit Champs‏ @recruitchamps Jun 15
More
2019 West Oaks G Tyrell Jones recruiting update:

Interest from Dayton and Troy
Glen Clark (07-09-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 11:54 AM
General

Mike Artis‏ @CoachArtis Jul 21
More
@TraeBroadnax has received interest from Virginia, Rice, Penn & Dayton, along with offers from FSU & UGA in the past week and a half ��

2019 PG playing at Monteverde Academy in Florida. Son of former Georgetown star and current Savannah St coach Horace Broadnax
Old 07-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Colonel

Prep Hoops Florida‏ @prephoopsfl Jun 15
More
2019 Choctawhatchee F Diante Smith is earning interest from UAB, Dayton, USF and Troy. @DSXXII__

Recruit Champs‏ @recruitchamps Jun 15
More
2019 West Oaks G Tyrell Jones recruiting update:

Interest from Dayton and Troy
OSUFlyer: this Tyrell Jones seems like a very exciting player based upon the video. He has a lot of spunk ( is that a real word?). If he is really 6'2" then he looks a lot like the John Crosby video that i saw of him in high school.

Diante Smith seems to be playing in a soft league where competition is not at a high level. Need to see more and trust Grant's choices.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2017, 04:39 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
OSUFlyer: this Tyrell Jones seems like a very exciting player based upon the video. He has a lot of spunk ( is that a real word?). If he is really 6'2" then he looks a lot like the John Crosby video that i saw of him in high school.

Diante Smith seems to be playing in a soft league where competition is not at a high level. Need to see more and trust Grant's choices.
Posted via Mobile Device
Where is the video?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Colonel

Mike Artis‏ @CoachArtis Jul 21
More
@TraeBroadnax has received interest from Virginia, Rice, Penn & Dayton, along with offers from FSU & UGA in the past week and a half ��

2019 PG playing at Monteverde Academy in Florida. Son of former Georgetown star and current Savannah St coach Horace Broadnax
OSUFlyer: Trae Broadnax says his Dad played with Patrick Ewing but he does not feel any pressure to go to Georgetown.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,522 Times in 2,440 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Where is the video?
Here is one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdTcCXCLw8
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (07-25-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Major General

OSUFlyer: Trae Broadnax says his Dad played with Patrick Ewing but he does not feel any pressure to go to Georgetown.
Posted via Mobile Device
Are they even recruiting him? Because if not, I can certainly see why he wouldn't feel any pressure to attend.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:31 PM
General

Savannah St is dropping down to D2 in within the next couple of years so that probably takes playing for dad off of the table
Old 07-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
Aidan Igiehon

2019 PF Out of Ireland

https://verbalcommits.com/players/aidan-igiehon
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udflyerhoops2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-31-2017), mikeymo85 (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by udflyerhoops2 View Post
2019 PF Out of Ireland

He goes to school in NY, and has some decent offers like Nova, Cuse, X and IL
Old 07-31-2017, 10:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udflyerhoops2 View Post
2019 PF Out of Ireland

He goes to school in NY, and has some decent offers like Nova, Cuse, X and IL
Maybe Pete Strickland is sending him our way. (FYI: Pete should be collecting a large commission for Oliver Purnell's coaching career.)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/o...ce-444356.html
Old 08-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Colonel

[QUOTE=jack72;511849]He goes to school in NY, and has some decent offers like Nova, Cuse, X and IL[/QUOTE

Aidan Igiehon is listed at 6'8" or 6'9" or 6'10" and 215 lbs. a lot of dunks in the video. He bangs with his shoulders and seems agile. He looks like a very assertive player. He jumps well. He is a good athlete. He has big names recruiting him like Kentucky and others. He may be raw and less experienced in basketball but has tools.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Jeremiah Francis tweeted a top 10 list of schools this evening and UD made the cut, along with Purdue, IU, WVU, Iowa, Florida State, Missouri, Ohio State, TCU, and um, North Carolina.

Can't say I like our chances on that list, but it's pretty heady company.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-06-2017), redbengal (08-06-2017), Runnin' Rebel (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 08:31 AM

Francis is one heck of a player. He reminds me of a young Isaiah Thomas, the original one. Great, great handle with both hands and quickness out the wazoo, and super floor vision. Sounds like he has blown up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7AFyZK_44
Old 08-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Jablonski wrote a summary of the recruits so far
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...9lFJCPIUjQByL/
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Kevinob15 For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (08-07-2017), jack72 (08-07-2017), San Diego Flyer (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Francis is one heck of a player. He reminds me of a young Isaiah Thomas, the original one. Great, great handle with both hands and quickness out the wazoo, and super floor vision. Sounds like he has blown up.

Refreshing how he finishes with either hand. Bonus being he's also showing the ability to finish with contact at the high school level.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Colonel

Jack72: Concur, Francis has got to be on the top if everybody's list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
HS basketball: Jeremiah Francis of Pickerington Central commits to North Carolina (from The Columbus Dispatch)
Old 08-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,277 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
HS basketball: Jeremiah Francis of Pickerington Central commits to North Carolina (from The Columbus Dispatch)
Gives him a excellent chance to enhance his knowledge and obtain a hard earned degree from one of the highest rated academic universities in the country
Old 08-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Gives him a excellent chance to enhance his knowledge and obtain a hard earned degree from one of the highest rated academic universities in the country
He plays basketball. So he doesn't have to do that stuff at North Carolina. Roy just signs them all up for fake African American studies classes. Absolutely no need to attend any classes.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:44 PM

Thanked 6,299 Times in 3,002 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
He plays basketball. So he doesn't have to do that stuff at North Carolina. Roy just signs them all up for fake African American studies classes. Absolutely no need to attend any classes.
and as long as other students take the classes it is not within the jurisdiction of the NCAA (or so UNC is saying)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:15 PM
Major General

@verbalcommits 2019 Lakeland (FL) F Luke Anderson has received an offer from Dayton. @lukebuckets11 verbalcommits.com/players/luke-a…
Old 08-15-2017, 08:33 AM

@verbalcommits 2019 Lakeland (FL) F Luke Anderson has received an offer from Dayton. @lukebuckets11 verbalcommits.com/players/luke-a…
Luke is 6'7" with a seven foot wingspan. Reputed to be a good shooter and scorer. Iowa St and several lesser schools have offered.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Only if he was entering the institution as just a "student"....
Old 08-15-2017, 01:48 PM

The rich get richer. UD can forget about Marvin Bagley. The nation's #1 in 2019 is reclassifying to 2018 and signing with Duke.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MikeF (08-15-2017)