UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 AM
2nd Lieutenant

hankj22 will become famous soon enoughhankj22 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Poot View Post
I don't know if I am the only one but I think that our bench would beat our starters.
you are right our worst five is our starting five.
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
I really do believe this game, as awful, ugly, frustrating and disappointing as it was, will help us in many ways:

1. You can bet that there are going to be some serious film sessions between now and thursday/friday. Defense will be stressed emphatically, and i think we'll see a very hungry UD team in the first round. I imagine they are pretty embarassed about how they played last night.

2. CW in particular was burned many times in that game. Probably one of his worst games he's played as a flyer. I think we will see a supreme effort from him in the next game.

3. There's a chance that this loss made us a 10 seed. No complaints here if that happens. We don't want the 8/9 game. You could argue that winning the game would have maybe made us a 7 seed but who cares? It's the same game: 7 vs. 10.

4. Mickey Perry played with a serious chip on his shoulder in that game. It was really good to see. I think we need MP to be our backup point guard because he plays better D than ST and he's more of a scoring threat. It's a no-brainer to me. I hope the coaching staff recognizes this in the next four days or so.

I know it's all silver lining stuff, but i'm reminded of the last UD team to make the tourney. We won the A10 tournament and seemed very satisfied with ourselves. We laid an egg in the first round. Maybe this loss will instill the hunger that we need to do well. We shall see.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hankj22 View Post
you are right our worst five is our starting five.
You know guys, i don't have the +/- stats on me for the year, but the numbers just don't bear that out. Let's get real here.

I would have liked to have seen more of DS and CJ as well, but there may be things we just didn't know about. CJ had 3 fouls in 11 minutes. I didn't know that watching the game. He also had 2 TO's. I still think he should have played more.

DS had almost as much production in 3 minutes as Huelsman had in 19. But DS may not have been able to play much more than that. One thing i will say for KH is that he does set some big, nasty picks while we rotate in the zone. It frees up space. I can remember at least 2 or 3 times his body freed up space for someone else to score. Do i wish he could get more boards and score more points? Of course. But i think the bashing is going overboard.

We will bounce back. The sky is not falling.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Captain

Glassman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
I don't know, I couldn't see any....again.
I guess you're right, was rather invisible. I guess I was thinking of the "intangibles" he has been credited with. Still amazes me that you get an offensive rebound under the basket and rather than go hard back up to the rim or backing down a defender, you kick the ball out.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Captain

Glassman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Has anyone heard any updates on Thomas or Searcy?

I could tell Thomas wasn't 100%, but what about Searcy? Only played a couple of minutes last night.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post
I really do believe this game, as awful, ugly, frustrating and disappointing as it was, will help us in many ways:

1. You can bet that there are going to be some serious film sessions between now and thursday/friday. Defense will be stressed emphatically, and i think we'll see a very hungry UD team in the first round. I imagine they are pretty embarassed about how they played last night. FOR SURE ON THAT. HOWEVER, the offensive FLOW WAS OFF. GOTTA FIGURE OUT IF WE CAN SCORE DOWN LOW OR NOT, AND FIX KURT'S BRAIN.

2. CW in particular was burned many times in that game. Probably one of his worst games he's played as a flyer. I think we will see a supreme effort from him in the next game. CHIP AND SUPREME YES. SMART IS THE ONE IMMEDIATE QUESTION I HAVE

3. There's a chance that this loss made us a 10 seed. No complaints here if that happens. We don't want the 8/9 game. You could argue that winning the game would have maybe made us a 7 seed but who cares? It's the same game: 7 vs. 10. YEPPER

4. Mickey Perry played with a serious chip on his shoulder in that game. It was really good to see. I think we need MP to be our backup point guard because he plays better D than ST and he's more of a scoring threat. It's a no-brainer to me. I hope the coaching staff recognizes this in the next four days or so. I THINK THEY DID, I CERTAINLY DID. STEPHEN'S NOT UP TO IT FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR.

I know it's all silver lining stuff, but i'm reminded of the last UD team to make the tourney. We won the A10 tournament and seemed very satisfied with ourselves. We laid an egg in the first round. Maybe this loss will instill the hunger that we need to do well. We shall see.
COMMENTS are after each point. all good ones.

Tags
duquesne, game thread