UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,291 Times in 667 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
gee ... I didn't realize that there were only 4 point guards left in the whole world..... Guess we ought to cancel the season! Quite frankly, if the first two were to come to UD and end up starters, then we would be lucky to win more games than we lose..... Just my $.02.
Sometimes hyperbole works well and sometimes it doesn't.

Fact: We have no point guards on the team as of right now
Fact: There are very few uncommitted incoming freshman of high quality. There may be plenty with questionable quality, character, and questions regarding whether they will qualify or not but are those the ones we want to take a chance with (Scott, Robinson, cough cough)
Fact: There are not many grad transfer PGs around of high quality
Fact: There do not appear to be many JUCO PGs left who are high quality
Fact: If we don't get at least two PGs in who have decent quality, we may wish the season was canceled. Many were less than thrilled at the prospect of Crosby leading the team, imagine less than Crosby leading the team.

Don't take this as an indication that they aren't searching, trying, whatever. But these are the facts as of right now. If the situation doesn't change, we will be in a world of hurt.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-25-2017), MNFats (04-25-2017), OSU Flyer (04-25-2017)
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
If the situation doesn't change, we will be in a world of hurt.
That's not debatable. Everyone agrees to that.

My problem is how many are ready to throw AG under the bus as if no news means no activity, no progress ... as if he and his staff are huddled up eating bon-bons watching daytime tv.

Acting as if every ho-hum transfer that comes off the board is THE guy that would have propelled us to new heights.

I'm wondering how many on here are simply looking at stats vs actual game action of some of these players. One of the guys that many here coveted (and has since gone elsewhere) has never given Kyle Davis type effort in his life.

I want winners like KD over guys with good stats.

Is AG going to get those guys? I dunno. But I'm not going to assume he's clueless about what's out there because some joker like Jon Rothstein just tweeted about a guy that we haven't offered.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:33 PM
General

Thanked 3,896 Times in 2,140 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
That's not debatable. Everyone agrees to that.

My problem is how many are ready to throw AG under the bus as if no news means no activity, no progress ... as if he and his staff are huddled up eating bon-bons watching daytime tv.

Acting as if every ho-hum transfer that comes off the board is THE guy that would have propelled us to new heights.

I'm wondering how many on here are simply looking at stats vs actual game action of some of these players. One of the guys that many here coveted (and has since gone elsewhere) has never given Kyle Davis type effort in his life.

I want winners like KD over guys with good stats.

Is AG going to get those guys? I dunno. But I'm not going to assume he's clueless about what's out there because some joker like Jon Rothstein just tweeted about a guy that we haven't offered.
Charles Cooke was a productive player for James Madison before he transferred. Have I seen a lot of these guys play, no.

If a guy isn't productive in a lower level conference it stands to reason it'll be tough to expect him to produce here. Can't measure Kyle Davis effort in a box score but I'm guessing the guy who had less production than Trey Landers last year at Jacksonville St isn't going to be the next KD
Old 04-25-2017, 01:38 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
Amauri Hardy; from Detroit Area

His other offers were from Georgia, GT, and a bunch of MAC schools.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/amauri-hardy
Jeff Borzello‏Verified account @jeffborzello 1h1 hour ago
More
Former Oklahoma State commit Amauri Hardy says he is on a visit to UNLV. Also considering Arkansas, Memphis, Georgia Tech and Cincinnati.
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
gee ... I didn't realize that there were only 4 point guards left in the whole world..... Guess we ought to cancel the season! Quite frankly, if the first two were to come to UD and end up starters, then we would be lucky to win more games than we lose..... Just my $.02.
There are more PGs - for sure. If our goal is to stay competitive with the top of the A10, we don't just need a PG - we need a good PG. One that can play now. Oh - and we need another PG. And again, he has to be ready to play now (albeit fewer minutes than the other guy).

Yes there are more than 4 PGs, but I have yet to see a name on this board of another guy outside of those four who is ready to be a starting PG next year.

And I'm not even saying that missing out on those four is a death sentence. I'm just calling out the people who don't believe we should still be recruiting MW because we can do better.
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
According to MLive, it sounds like Dayton was a finalist for Simmons. According to them, he pick Michigan over Dayton, Kansas, and OSU. So it seems like AG may actually be out on the trail, just keeping things quiet.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde..._michigan.html
Old 04-25-2017, 02:12 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Charles Cooke was a productive player for James Madison before he transferred. Have I seen a lot of these guys play, no.

If a guy isn't productive in a lower level conference it stands to reason it'll be tough to expect him to produce here. Can't measure Kyle Davis effort in a box score but I'm guessing the guy who had less production than Trey Landers last year at Jacksonville St isn't going to be the next KD
My point was that guys who score a bunch of points on lesser teams (that lose) in lesser leagues aren't necessarily winning players at UD. That's clearly not the same as saying we should go after less productive players.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
According to MLive, it sounds like Dayton was a finalist for Simmons. According to them, he pick Michigan over Dayton, Kansas, and OSU. So it seems like AG may actually be out on the trail, just keeping things quiet.
Of course, he is on the trail. But he could use a bicycle to get to Simmons and Alstork. So far his recruiting expenses have to be coming in way under budget. Probably spent around five bucks or so.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Call me crazy - but Alstork isn't really a PG....right?
Old 04-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Call me crazy - but Alstork isn't really a PG....right?
He is a PG like DD is a PG.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:41 PM
General

I would say though that he has some professional ambitions and maybe he knows his best path to a shot at the NBA is as a scoring PG.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (04-25-2017), m21eagle45 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
But I'm pretty sure Alstork can finish a layup while driving to the basket better than DD so that would be a definite improvement.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (04-25-2017), Flyer 86 (04-29-2017), m21eagle45 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
DD logged a handful of minutes at PG. Alstork played quite a bit there at Wright State last season, and put up some good numbers I believe. So while I don't think PG is Alstork's best or natural position, he has a lot more experience there. Alstork is a playmaker who creates off the dribble. Darrell is a spot up shooter who needs someone to pass him the ball. Alstork's abilities lend themselves much, much better to that position in my opinion.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (04-25-2017), m21eagle45 (04-25-2017), OSU Flyer (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by C-time View Post
But I'm pretty sure Alstork can finish a layup while driving to the basket better than DD so that would be a definite improvement.
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
DD logged a handful of minutes at PG. Alstork played quite a bit there at Wright State last season, and put up some good numbers I believe. So while I don't think PG is Alstork's best or natural position, he has a lot more experience there. Alstork is a playmaker who creates off the dribble. Darrell is a spot up shooter who needs someone to pass him the ball. Alstork's abilities lend themselves much, much better to that position in my opinion.
I agree with you both 100%. I was talking strictly PG skills, both are not PG's who have played PG in the past. Both players are better at the 2.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:03 PM
General

It can't hurt to have AG coaching Westbrook with him
Old 04-25-2017, 03:08 PM

Thanked 10,494 Times in 4,702 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
So it seems like AG may actually be out on the trail, just keeping things quiet.
Ya think? What a novel approach. Chase talent while you are keeping the pursuit to yourself.
Grant could probably write a book already and won't let us even read the back cover. Not a problem.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-25-2017), m21eagle45 (04-25-2017), MNFats (04-25-2017), TA111 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Major General

I agree with you both 100%. I was talking strictly PG skills, both are not PG's who have played PG in the past. Both players are better at the 2.
Strictly PG skills: Alstork has them. Darrell Davis does not.

PG Experience: Alstork has significant experience at the position at college level. Darrell Davis does not.

Better at the 2: Both. But Alstork is also a better 2 than Darrell.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:07 PM

Thanked 3,122 Times in 790 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I am so old that I remember when you were just a guard not a point guard or a shooting guard. Just need to bring the ball up the court and not turn it over. Scoochie averaged 4.5 assists per game last year. Brian Roberts averaged 3.5 as a senior. You don't have to be an assist machine. Most of the time someone else has the ball in their hands.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sid Louick (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
I am so old that I remember when you were just a guard not a point guard or a shooting guard. Just need to bring the ball up the court and not turn it over. Scoochie averaged 4.5 assists per game last year. Brian Roberts averaged 3.5 as a senior. You don't have to be an assist machine. Most of the time someone else has the ball in their hands.
Doesn't have to be pretty. Just put the ball in the peach basket, right?
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (04-25-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like UD will be waiting a while for Alstork to decide. Louisville paper talked to him about speaking to Pitino. He would basically be waiting to see if Donovan Mitchell stays in the draft to see if a spot is available at UL.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...est/100906194/

And the best part is that UD isn't even mentioned on the list the paper included.

"Pittsburgh already scheduled a visit with the 6-foot-5 guard, while Georgetown and South Carolina are working on setting one up. Baylor, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UNLV, Wake Forest and several other schools have all contacted Alstork, too."

I'd say we can take him off the list at this point.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 PM
Major General

Sounds like UD will be waiting a while for Alstork to decide. Louisville paper talked to him about speaking to Pitino. He would basically be waiting to see if Donovan Mitchell stays in the draft to see if a spot is available at UL.

And the best part is that UD isn't even mentioned on the list the paper included.

"Pittsburgh already scheduled a visit with the 6-foot-5 guard, while Georgetown and South Carolina are working on setting one up. Baylor, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UNLV, Wake Forest and several other schools have all contacted Alstork, too."

Kid is at our doorstep. There's a chance. But what really needs to happen is for the guys we do have to call Alstork up. Get him out for some pickup. Make him a part of the program whether or not he's seriously considering UD. Attack it coach to player and peer to peer. No other program can do that like UD can in this scenario. It can be done. The key is to leverage our advantages. Hope we can get it done

Last edited by DallasFlyer; 04-26-2017 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-26-2017, 06:51 PM
General

I still think there's a chance. If he wants to play PG it isn't happening at Louisville or some of the other schools.

I wouldn't read too much into a Louisville paper not mentioning Dayton
Old 04-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Detwon Rogers probably still has eligibility.

Can he play point?

Has his bruise healed?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (04-26-2017), Flyer 86 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,008 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute

You never take him off the list......You continue to recruit him and recruit him hard but you don't wait for him..There's a big difference...The program and it's ability to recruit at least until they elevate the program even further or join a bigger conference is always going to continue to have to fight for top guys..

Personally, I believe Alstork wants a big-time program. He's been at a MAC school, went to WSU, and probably feels that UD is a lateral move and wants some "me me me" exposure..

Last edited by steve; 04-27-2017 at 08:48 AM..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 11:17 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Most productive grad transfers want a P5 school.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
You never take him off the list......You continue to recruit him and recruit him hard but you don't wait for him..There's a big difference...The program and it's ability to recruit at least until they elevate the program even further or join a bigger conference is always going to continue to have to fight for top guys..

Personally, I believe Alstork wants a big-time program. He's been at a MAC school, went to WSU, and probably feels that UD is a lateral move and wants some "me me me" exposure..
"Take him off the list" probably wasn't the best choice of words by me. Something along the lines of "I don't think our chances are very good after seeing that list" would have better expressed my thoughts.

I also believe he is looking for a big time program where he gets some "me me me" exposure. I mentioned it somewhere earlier that the feeling I got was that he is looking for somewhere where he gets the ball as much as he can so he can score and show off for pro scouts.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:44 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
I repeat myself - they want to get to the NCAAT first or at least have a decent chance at doing so. Preferably at a P5 school. UD is neither for next year.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,673 Times in 2,505 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I will disagree a bit. Half of P5 schools are much to look at. Flyers are far more attractive than most P5 IMO. Fan base, success, etc.. are important and many P5 programs don't have it.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on where they are coming from. Grad transfers at a P5 school that couldn't break into the rotation could easily come to UD. Low-major players who were not SUPERSTARS could easily come to UD (Alstork qualifies as this).

Probably agree with "most", but even then P5 schools only have so much space. And even then, would you really want to go somewhere like Boston College or Washington St. vs. Dayton? I'm saying no.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:46 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I will disagree a bit. Half of P5 schools are much to look at. Flyers are far more attractive than most P5 IMO. Fan base, success, etc.. are important and many P5 programs don't have it.
Yet guys who have had a productive career at a mid-major program don't often land at Dayton, Wichita State, VCU.....
Old 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,008 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Agree with this.While the grad-transfer will tell you he's got one last season to try to shine, whether that be getting noticed more by being on TV most games or jumping into a starting lineup, the truth is that the bottom half, and even several above, of most P5 schools aren't getting the TV exposure nor are their facilities, fan base, etc. better than UD and most of the top P5 teams in each conference aren't looking nor do they really need that one year grad-tran wonder. Sure, there are plenty of circumstances due to unforeseen injury, guys getting tossed off the team, or more guys trying the NBA waters, but recruiting and transfers with 2-3 years left usually pepper their rosters....
Old 04-27-2017, 01:25 PM
General

Big variable is that Alstork is local imo
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Major General

Groce has been busy since taking the Akron gig trying to land a transfer guard or two it seems.

@JonRothstein Oregon State grad transfer Malcolm Duvivier tells me he will visit Akron this weekend. Immediately eligible.

@jeffborzello Florida transfer Eric Hester will begin a visit to Akron today, source told ESPN

Wonder if either of these guys are in play for Dayton and might visit while they are in Ohio?
Old 04-27-2017, 06:47 PM
General

Groce has been busy since taking the Akron gig trying to land a transfer guard or two it seems.

@JonRothstein Oregon State grad transfer Malcolm Duvivier tells me he will visit Akron this weekend. Immediately eligible.

@jeffborzello Florida transfer Eric Hester will begin a visit to Akron today, source told ESPN

Wonder if either of these guys are in play for Dayton and might visit while they are in Ohio?
The link to one of the Marquette blogs I posted earlier loved Hester. He was a 4 star out of high school with some big offers but he was buried this year behind Kasey Hill and Chris Chiozza at point guard

sit 1 year, play 3
Old 04-27-2017, 08:27 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Hester---proceed with caution

Florida coach Mike White is a good coach. There is something curious about Hester not getting more time. The Gators won 27 games IN SPITE OF Senior point guard Casey Hill, not because of him. Chiozza, the other Junior guard was ok, but nothing special. Hester could have had more minutes this season, and next year the pg position was there for him to take.

What's up with that picture?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 PM
General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Florida coach Mike White is a good coach. There is something curious about Hester not getting more time. The Gators won 27 games IN SPITE OF Senior point guard Casey Hill, not because of him. Chiozza, the other Junior guard was ok, but nothing special. Hester could have had more minutes this season, and next year the pg position was there for him to take.

What's up with that picture?
Kasey Hill was on the 1st team All SEC defensive team and was 2nd team all SEC.

Chiozza had a 3.8 to 1.6 assist to turnover ratio as guy who didn't log most of the PG minutes

Tough to get minutes against that
Old 04-28-2017, 09:07 AM

Kasey Hill was on the 1st team All SEC defensive team and was 2nd team all SEC.

Chiozza had a 3.8 to 1.6 assist to turnover ratio as guy who didn't log most of the PG minutes

Tough to get minutes against that
You picked the very best highlight. Casey Hill in the clutch could not shoot, but rarely passed up a shot. Second most shots on the whole team. One of the worst layup finishers in college basketball. Was a turnover machine in the waning minutes of games. Chris Chiozza was better, but neither one could shoot from anywhere consistently. Hill's next team will be at the YMCA on Saturday afternoons.

Hester shot 58% from 3pt. Hill shot 20%. Just sayin' , why did Hester only get 5 min/game and he is leaving? Something doesn't add up. White is a good coach.

Maybe it just got down to team chemistry and impatience on the part of Hester. But if Anthony wants him, I want him.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 04-28-2017 at 09:09 AM..
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:31 AM
1st Lieutenant

UDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to all
You picked the very best highlight. Casey Hill in the clutch could not shoot, but rarely passed up a shot. Second most shots on the whole team. One of the worst layup finishers in college basketball. Was a turnover machine in the waning minutes of games. Chris Chiozza was better, but neither one could shoot from anywhere consistently. Hill's next team will be at the YMCA on Saturday afternoons.

Hester shot 58% from 3pt. Hill shot 20%. Just sayin' , why did Hester only get 5 min/game and he is leaving? Something doesn't add up. White is a good coach.

Maybe it just got down to team chemistry and impatience on the part of Hester. But if Anthony wants him, I want him.
Didn't Florida go to the elite 8 with their rotation? Pretty sure everyone at Florida is OK with Hester's limited minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Major General

I think the issue with Hester was most likely the fact he was a freshman PG with two upperclassman point guards on the depth chart ahead of him. If you don't have to put a freshman in charge of running the offense, why would you although many Florida fans did seem to want to see more of him. Not sure if Scoochie as a freshman would have logged more minutes than Hester honestly in the same situation. Worth remembering here that Dayton has had luck with a couple guys recently in Vee Sanford and Jordan Sibert who couldn't get on the floor as sophomores, which would seem a far wise indictment than not playing much as a freshman.
FLYER5 (04-28-2017), Lowd&ProUD (04-28-2017), OSU Flyer (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 03:12 PM
General

Kasey Hill can't shoot, that much is true. I've heard rumors that defense is a part of basketball too and Kasey Hill was good enough to be on the All SEC defensive team

Kasey Hill was a second team all SEC player and 1st team all defense. Chris Chiozza who you may remember from making the game winning shot to beat Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament was good player too

Not to too hard to figure why he didn't get minutes behind an all conference senior point guard and another guard who would have the best assist to turnover ratio of any guard in our conference.

I'm guessing your equally skeptical of why Jordan Seibert and Vee Sanford didn't get minutes at their prior respective schools
Old 04-28-2017, 03:16 PM
General

[QUOTE=San Diego Flyer;505456.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't major in math but I'm guessing when you play 5 minutes a game 58% from 3 might be skewed
Old 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Colonel

Hester shot 58% from 3pt. Hill shot 20%. Just sayin'
I feel like this exact conversation is happening on the Maryland Eastern Shore message boards:

"Crosby shot 48% from 3. Smith shot 39%. Why didn't Crosby get more time!"
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
1903 Flyer (04-28-2017), CE80 (04-28-2017), jerseyflyer09 (04-28-2017), Lowd&ProUD (04-28-2017), OSU Flyer (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 05:23 PM

Most knowledgeable Gator basketball fans feel they would have been an NCAA Finalist this year with a good point guard. That is a fact. SEC voters probably thought Kasey was a cornerback and voted him in. SEC doesn't even know who to vote for in basketball if they aren't on Kentucky or Florida.

Ever wonder what ever happened to Scotty Wibekin who destroyed us in the NCAA's?

"AS A SENIOR IN 2013-14: SEC Player of the Year, SEC Tournament MVP, All-American, All-SEC and SEC All-Defensive performer..."

10 times better than Kasey Hill, and where is Scotty today? Last seen playing for Darüşşafaka & Doğuş of Turkey.

Like I said, Hill will be playing at the YMCA next year.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:25 PM
General

Most knowledgeable Gator basketball fans feel they would have been an NCAA Finalist this year with a good point guard. That is a fact. SEC voters probably thought Kasey was a cornerback and voted him in. SEC doesn't even know who to vote for in basketball if they aren't on Kentucky or Florida.

Ever wonder what ever happened to Scotty Wibekin who destroyed us in the NCAA's?

"AS A SENIOR IN 2013-14: SEC Player of the Year, SEC Tournament MVP, All-American, All-SEC and SEC All-Defensive performer..."

10 times better than Kasey Hill, and where is Scotty today? Last seen playing for Darüşşafaka & Doğuş of Turkey.

Your point was why isn't Hester playing
Old 04-28-2017, 06:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,673 Times in 2,505 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
I feel like this exact conversation is happening on the Maryland Eastern Shore message boards:

"Crosby shot 48% from 3. Smith shot 39%. Why didn't Crosby get more time!"
Ah yes, but they forgot the 25% from 2 and the 44% from the FT line, but I get what you are saying. You can tweak certain stats to look better than you are.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:34 PM
General

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Wright State grad transfer @Mark_Alstork told ESPN he will visit Georgetown on May 8th and LSU on May 15th. Also Pitt this week.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Academy Doolie

ChrisInVenice is just really niceChrisInVenice is just really niceChrisInVenice is just really niceChrisInVenice is just really nice
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Wright State grad transfer @Mark_Alstork told ESPN he will visit Georgetown on May 8th and LSU on May 15th. Also Pitt this week.
It appears Alstork wants to live outside of Dayton for this last year of ball which is understandable if you put value on getting different experiences.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,539 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute

We would have won that game had he not been on fire. He was actually the Player of the Year in the SEC. I cannot believe he had to resort to Turkey.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by ChrisInVenice View Post
It appears Alstork wants to live outside of Dayton for this last year of ball which is understandable if you put value on getting different experiences.
Or he just wants to take a few trips on someone else's dime. He's gone on an unofficial visit to Dayton already (no need for Dayton to pick up the tab with no travel expenses to him). If he's considering UD in the slightest, he can pretty much take all the time he wants to consider it. Not like Dayton is going to be out of scholarships in Mid-May when Alstork gets back from Baton Rouge...
Old 05-01-2017, 06:07 PM
General

Listened to this interview from ESPN Radio in Dayton. He throws out Georgetown, Pitt, LSU, Illinois, Louisville and maybe UD

http://www.wingam.com/louisville-geo...justin-kinner/
Old 05-01-2017, 07:18 PM
General

Lexus Williams PG who's a grad transfer from Valpo, 5.2ppg 2apg. Could be a body

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...lexus-williams
Old 05-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Major General

Lexus Williams PG who's a grad transfer from Valpo, 5.2ppg 2apg. Could be a body

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...lexus-williams
Could be a body is a fair scouting report. And yet Wisconsin is pursuing him pretty hard. So that should tell you something about the current supply of and demand for grad transfer PGs. It's absurd really.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:50 PM
General

Could be a body is a fair scouting report. And yet Wisconsin is pursuing him pretty hard. So that should tell you something about the current supply of and demand for grad transfer PGs. It's absurd really.
Duke is bringing an unranked guy from the class of 17 on an official visit
Old 05-01-2017, 09:01 PM
General

A couple JUCO PG's to keep an eye on.

Chris McNeal. Started out at Western Kentucky and got the boot. Ended up in JUCO.

Ty Cockfield. Started out at Stetson and transferred into a Georgia JUCO
Old 05-01-2017, 09:17 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Jay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to behold
I listened to the entire interview on WING with Mr. Alstork... He exudes confidence and expects to either be a second round choice this year to a first rounder next year. The entire scope of his comments centered on his exposure to show that he belongs in the NBA. This is a guy who will shoot first and pass only if he can't get off a shot. Not a word about the team or teammates. This player could be a real headache. I hope he goes to Pitt so I can follow the chaos he will create.
Mad Props to Jay O'Leary For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 PM
General

Originally Posted by Jay O'Leary View Post
I listened to the entire interview on WING with Mr. Alstork... He exudes confidence and expects to either be a second round choice this year to a first rounder next year. The entire scope of his comments centered on his exposure to show that he belongs in the NBA. This is a guy who will shoot first and pass only if he can't get off a shot. Not a word about the team or teammates. This player could be a real headache. I hope he goes to Pitt so I can follow the chaos he will create.
They way he said "Maybe UD" makes me think we don't have much a chance anyway.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:42 AM
General

Isaac White a 6'0 soph PG from UMass Lowell is transferring. Originally from Ashland, Ohio

Was hurt all last year and shut his season down in December. As a frosh 11.5 points, 2.8 rebounds, 42.7% 3pt, 79.5% FT

Had some nice games against what good competition they faced.
DallasFlyer (05-02-2017), Flyer 86 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:03 AM
Major General

Anyone remember this Jay Henderson kid out of Orlando (where current regime has ties)? He was supposed to go to St. Johns, but ended up walking on at Louisville instead. Coming out of high school I know Dayton had some interest. Might be worth taking as a one year scholarship guaranteed deal for next year when we know we probably will have at least one unfilled. If he's cool with only next year guaranteed as a scholarship player, why not.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ing/101173602/
Old 05-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Lieutenant General

Anyone remember this Jay Henderson kid out of Orlando (where current regime has ties)? He was supposed to go to St. Johns, but ended up walking on at Louisville instead. Coming out of high school I know Dayton had some interest. Might be worth taking as a one year scholarship guaranteed deal for next year when we know we probably will have at least one unfilled. If he's cool with only next year guaranteed as a scholarship player, why not.

He can't play next year. Pass
Old 05-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Major General

He can't play next year. Pass
Yes, but as a practice body and walk-on, for a year or two that only costs a scholarship this year (assuming it will otherwise go unused), it wouldn't hurt. Might not help terribly but he'd definitely be the best walk-on since Wherli. Upgrade at every position if you can. Even the bench.
FLYER5 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Yes, but as a practice body and walk-on, for a year or two that only costs a scholarship this year (assuming it will otherwise go unused), it wouldn't hurt. Might not help terribly but he'd definitely be the best walk-on since Wherli. Upgrade at every position if you can. Even the bench.
I just don't see him taking a deal of getting a scholarship this year only and then paying his own way the next two years. Henderson will most likely transfer to a school where he gets a scholarship for 3 years. Pitino will get him set up somewhere. Heck Rick made his own son take a transfer post player that he no longer wanted this year.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,750 Times in 919 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with this. We have three ships open at this points. As long as we can get at least one PG who can play this year, why would it matter if we spent one of those ships on someone that has to sit out?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Major General

Okay, circling back on 4 star PG Aaron Thompson. He is visited VCU this past weekend, and VCU fans are pulling their hair out waiting and hoping for his commitment. This is a fun thread to watch: https://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/....16840/page-23

Saw some speculation somewhere he might take another visit before deciding... Dayton, I hope. He had an in-home visit with UD a couple of weeks back.

I think the assumption was that Solomon would be leading UD's recruitment, but it might actually be the currently hobbled and much maligned Sam Miller. They played for same AAU squad Team Takeover and both started following each other on twitter.

With all the twists and turns in UD's offseason saga that has rendered us without anything close to a point guard, could it be that Sam Miller of all people could save the day?!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-02-2017), FLYER5 (05-02-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-02-2017), mikeymo85 (05-02-2017), superfan99 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Major General

Or not - guess Thompson is headed to Butler. At least VCU didn't get him!

http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...commits-butler
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-02-2017), FLYER5 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:30 PM

Update

I think the issue with Eric Hester was most likely the fact he was a freshman PG with two upperclassman point guards on the depth chart ahead of him. If you don't have to put a freshman in charge of running the offense, why would you although many Florida fans did seem to want to see more of him. Not sure if Scoochie as a freshman would have logged more minutes than Hester honestly in the same situation. Worth remembering here that Dayton has had luck with a couple guys recently in Vee Sanford and Jordan Sibert who couldn't get on the floor as sophomores, which would seem a far wise indictment than not playing much as a freshman.
This from a Gator staff member:
Eric Hester is a great young man with high character and well liked. Unfortunately he did not show that he could play consistent point at a higher level. He is a combo guard with with great defensive potential--sporting a 6'10" wingspread. Florida was/is recruiting over him at this time. The parting was amicable. Florida is courting a top 10 pg at this time.

---------
Since he was a 4 star recruit, he appears to be the second coming of DD, with about the same effectiveness at pg. Not the pg Dayton needs, but a good player for the future with Darrell graduating next year.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:19 PM
1st Lieutenant

Since he was a 4 star recruit, he appears to be the second coming of DD, with about the same effectiveness at pg. Not the pg Dayton needs, but a good player for the future with Darrell graduating next year.
Hester has already announced he's going to Akron.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
Hester has already announced he's going to Akron.
Overall it feels like a good fit.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 AM
General

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 1h1 hour ago
More
Wright State grad transfer Mark Alstork tells me he will visit South Carolina on May 13th. LSU, Pitt, and Georgetown also in the mix.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,545 Times in 3,692 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Or not - guess Thompson is headed to Butler. At least VCU didn't get him!

http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...commits-butler

Not sure I agree with your being glad that VCU did not get him.

The gap between the top 6 conferences and the A-10 continues to grow. The AAC it appears has passed up the A-10 as well in terms of overall strength top to bottom. Lots of new faces in the A-10 in the coaching ranks. The future looks scarier all the time for our league.

Yes, I obviously want the Flyers to remain on top in the A-10, but I want **** good competition in the league as well so our strength of schedule and lack of top 100 wins does not put UD in position where we must win it all every year to dance.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (05-03-2017), flyerfanatic86 (05-03-2017), rollo (05-03-2017), springborofan (05-03-2017), TXFlyerFan (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 07:57 PM
General

Sounds like we made Alstork's final six
Old 05-03-2017, 08:36 PM

Townie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud of
No UD did not, thank the lord.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Townie For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-03-2017), TerryK_67 (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 08:44 PM
General

guess not. Illinois, LSU, Georgetown, Louisville, Pitt & South Carolina
Old 05-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Lieutenant General

https://twitter.com/Mark_Alstork/sta...26761127243780

I have not been excited by the prospect of Alstork since this first started. Would I have taken him anyway? Yes because UD simply has no committed point guard.

He seems like he is simply searching for attention and a platform which will give him a chance to shoot as much as possible to become an NBA player. I had that impression before he was even mentioned with Dayton being a possibility. It seems like he has a VERY HIGH OPINION of himself. He even got into a twitter discussion/argument with Juwan Staten about who was the best player ever at Thurgood Marshall the other day. I've always hated the "True Team" mantra, but I'm pretty sure Alstork would be the complete opposite of that which I don't even like. Best of luck to him but UD will be better off in the long run without him.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-03-2017), jack72 (05-04-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Major General

LSU freshman PG from Australia announced intentions to transfer this evening. He didn't play much but he's actually a pretty intriguing player, with a lot of upside. Won't help next year, but would love to see Dayton try to land him.

@coryevans_10 LSU guard Kieran Hayward will transfer, per source. Sit one, play three. Athletic shot maker with ball skills
Old 05-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
LSU freshman PG from Australia announced intentions to transfer this evening. He didn't play much but he's actually a pretty intriguing player, with a lot of upside. Won't help next year, but would love to see Dayton try to land him.

@coryevans_10 LSU guard Kieran Hayward will transfer, per source. Sit one, play three. Athletic shot maker with ball skills
So, he's going to St. Mary's?
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
1903 Flyer (05-04-2017), C-time (05-04-2017), MNFats (05-04-2017), redbengal (05-04-2017), steve (05-04-2017), Wallage (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 11:55 PM
Major General

Hey, I actually called this one!

@jeffgreer_cj
Butler, Dayton, Georgetown, UGA, Ga Southern, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, UNLV, William & Mary contacted transferring Louisville guard Jay Henderson
CT Flyer (05-05-2017), FLYER5 (05-05-2017), OSU Flyer (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:10 AM
General

For a guy that played 2 minutes a game that's a good list
Old 05-05-2017, 12:15 AM
General

Maybe with Mikesell & Sam Miller injuries this guy might worth a look. Might be worth spending the last open scholarship on

Georgetown F Akoy Agau (RS JR) is leaving the program. Will graduate & is eligible immediately.

Played 15 minutes per game and averaged 4.5 pt., 4.3 reb.
FLYER5 (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:23 AM
Major General

For a guy that played 2 minutes a game that's a good list
Definitely. Guessing a lot of the interest is due to his willingness at least in the past to play without scholarship. Could be hearing a lot of "hey would you consider walking on for us and maybe earning a scholarship down the line" talk. No way he is getting full scholarship offers from all those suitors.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:33 AM
General

Frankie Hughes fell of the map. Haven't seen anything on him
jack72 (05-05-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Major General

How about a grad transfer big (and I mean really big) who originally hails from Cincy?

http://pittnews.com/article/119486/s...nces-transfer/
Old 05-09-2017, 10:30 PM
General

Teammates don’t doubt Frankie Hughes’ commitment to Mizzou

Third-year coach Kim Anderson benched Hughes for the Lipscomb game Thursday after he returned late from Christmas break and missed several practices

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...124378109.html
Flyer 86 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 10:46 PM

Thanked 10,096 Times in 5,841 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Teammates don’t doubt Frankie Hughes’ commitment to Mizzou

Third-year coach Kim Anderson benched Hughes for the Lipscomb game Thursday after he returned late from Christmas break and missed several practices

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...124378109.html
Hughes appeared to be extremely home sick. Wonder if he ends up at Cleveland St or Akron?

Last edited by jack72; 05-12-2017 at 07:56 AM..
Old 05-11-2017, 11:36 PM
Major General

Not likely to land a kid from California but the transfers keep coming. Kid from Boise State is one of the best PG transfers to hit the market... timing really leaves Boise in a bind though. Tough break for them. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Cz0Dk0gwc-QqPQ
OSU Flyer (05-15-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 08:18 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
No UD mention, other than the old news on Crosby, but a good summary.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...2017-18-season
Old 05-15-2017, 08:43 PM
General

The Kansas City Star‏Verified account @KCStar 16m16 minutes ago

Dwight Coleby to leave Kansas, will be immediately eligible at transfer destination

6'9 240. Played at Ole Miss two years before transferring to Kansas. He had some good games his sophomore year for the Rebels.
FIFO28 (05-16-2017), FLYER5 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
How about a grad transfer big (and I mean really big) who originally hails from Cincy?

http://pittnews.com/article/119486/s...nces-transfer/
. I don't know anything about this particular player but a player of this size would give Pierce a practice buddy. Practicing against each other will make both players better. They list Nix at 6'11" 300. I see the stats where he averaged almost a double double.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2017, 09:22 AM

Alstork visiting UofL on Wed.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 AM

Thanked 6,599 Times in 3,015 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
The Kansas City Star‏Verified account @KCStar 16m16 minutes ago

Dwight Coleby to leave Kansas, will be immediately eligible at transfer destination

6'9 240. Played at Ole Miss two years before transferring to Kansas. He had some good games his sophomore year for the Rebels.
Looks like he played against us in 13-14 and 14-15. Had 3 and 4 points.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:40 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Looks like he played against us in 13-14 and 14-15. Had 3 and 4 points.
of course we made those into his WEAKER game totals!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
. I don't know anything about this particular player but a player of this size would give Pierce a practice buddy. Practicing against each other will make both players better. They list Nix at 6'11" 300. I see the stats where he averaged almost a double double.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nix committed to South Alabama, fwiw.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2017, 09:03 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,143 Times in 2,707 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Alstork going to Illinois. http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...BSUY4dEKfn53J/

They are going to need him after three players at Illinois pulled a Scott/Robinson act.
http://www.espn.com/college-football...rglary-arrests

... and were dismissed from the team.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,277 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Alstork going to Illinois. http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...BSUY4dEKfn53J/

They are going to need him after three players at Illinois pulled a Scott/Robinson act.
http://www.espn.com/college-football...rglary-arrests

... and were dismissed from the team.
Better recheck your facts cj
Old 05-25-2017, 12:14 PM
General of the Air Force

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
My bad.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:15 PM
General of the Air Force

My bad. Or as Emily Litella would say "never mind"
Old 06-25-2017, 01:21 PM
General

former transfer target Frankie Hughes transfers from Missouri to Duquense

Dambrot has five transfers sitting out now
Old 06-25-2017, 03:37 PM
General

Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,397 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Going the LaSalle way
Old 06-25-2017, 03:43 PM
1st Lieutenant

KC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the rough
Or SLU way.. I don't remember seeing teams with an entire starting lineup on the bench as transfers until last few years
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2017, 02:28 PM
General

Now that we have an open scholarship, this guy is out there as a grad transfer after he decided not to go to Kansas. Same high school as Vee Sanford in Lexington, KY

Jack Whitman

Put up 10 & 5 as a PF for William & Mary last year
ruechalgrin (08-13-2017), San Diego Flyer (08-12-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
I'm surprised this board hasn't gotten much of any attention in light of recently available scholarship. Is there any chance it gets filled?