UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who earned the UnGolden poll for the VCU loss...??
Blackney no comment 0 0%
Jordy no comment 1 2.17%
Crutcher no comment 1 2.17%
Chatman no comment but I'm biting my lips 20 43.48%
Watson no comment...see above 16 34.78%
Mustafa no comment 0 0%
Zimi no comment 0 0%
Brea no comment 0 0%
Rollo's Golden package of love...speaks for itself! 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2021, 05:35 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 14,001 Times in 6,215 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
UnGolden A10T loss Award...

...could go to quite a few Flyers. UGH!

See y'all next season!

King Rollo...OUT!
Old 03-05-2021, 05:42 PM
General

Thanked 7,850 Times in 1,972 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Who voted for Jordy?
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 05:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,465 Times in 1,761 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
The inconsistency out of our guards this year is what made this such a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde season. Some times they called us one of the best guard lineups in basketball, makes me ask why we never heard that with Scooch, Kyle and Jordan when as a group, they were much more fluid, consistent and were eons better defensively than this group.

Ibi is a great 3 point shooter, but that's really all. I'd take Darrell Davis over him because he could handle the ball a little better and also played a much better defense.

I really hope that Dwayne takes a huge step forward on offense next year because if he does, with his defense, that would be one spot of mass improvement. And as a 4 star recruit, I'm not discounting the possibility.

I'm so glad this season is over, I do think better things lie ahead. But we need much improvement on defense.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,940 Times in 1,642 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
beat by the better team, no ones to blame on this one
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (03-05-2021), NYCFLYER (03-05-2021), Ready Action (03-07-2021), SeasonTicketFan (03-05-2021), UD62 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 05:56 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
As much as I HATE the Steelers this was a similar thing. The Steelers blitz. VCU presses and anticipates. We had already seen them twice. We knew what they were going to do. And we acted like we had no plan to beat it. It's almost like we figured once we got it past half court everything would just come together. It didn't. Who gets the blame for that I don't know. Was it poor prep or poor execution? Rodney was the poster child today but almost nobody outside of Jordy brought it or wanted it.
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
beat by the better team, no ones to blame on this one
No doubt they are a better team, but our team was shooting their selves in the foot right from the tipoff. And when things got bad, they made it worse by doing stupid stuff.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:59 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
As much as I HATE the Steelers this was a similar thing. The Steelers blitz. VCU presses and anticipates. We had already seen them twice. We knew what they were going to do. And we acted like we had no plan to beat it. It's almost like we figured once we got it past half court everything would just come together. It didn't. Who gets the blame for that I don't know. Was it poor prep or poor execution? Rodney was the poster child today but almost nobody outside of Jordy brought it or wanted it.
yep, after the first 4 minutes, I said the same thing. They didn't do anything different than the first two times they beat us, problem was, neither did we.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:16 PM

Thanked 1,622 Times in 525 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
If Chatman lived up to his defensive stopper reputation, this might have been different. Bones was just in a different universe than him, and that first-half explosion killed us. I will say we finally matched their physicality, particularly in the last half. Jordy was a tough s.o.b. out there. Amzil was the one weak link in that regard. He’s a good one and will certainly improve, but he needs another 15-20 pounds of muscle and toughness. He shies away from contact. I’m excited about the late-season development of the other frosh. If they’d been contributing like this at the outset, we’d have erased those single basket losses to LaSalle and Fordham and been at least a bubble tease. Here’s hoping the recruiting class is as good as advertised. If we’re going to be a factor next year, they’d better be.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
312to937 (03-05-2021), Canonball (03-05-2021), Chris R (03-05-2021), CvilleFlyer (03-05-2021), springborofan (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 06:34 PM
General

Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,891 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher saved up all season to play serious defense for the last 10 minutes of the last game. He was "well rested" for it. If he played with that kind of defensive intensity all year we would have been better than the 7th place team.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,940 Times in 1,642 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
to me the play at the end of the half where Bones hit the the corner 2 summed up the game
Old 03-05-2021, 06:39 PM
General

Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,891 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
to me the play at the end of the half where Bones hit the the corner 2 summed up the game

Crutcher watched the shot instead of boxing out. Never turned to put a body on anyone, "too cool for school" attitude.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,124 Times in 648 Posts
maddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond reputemaddog07 has a reputation beyond repute
Grant didn’t have a plan. Did he not think that VCU would take away our 3pt game? After they did it twice already. And even then we didn’t adjust. In this game. I’m not say we would win but not trying to get the ball inside doomed us from the start, but we might have stood a chance. Today we never did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
udflyerfan (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 07:01 PM
Colonel

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
right, but I might add prior
to that with 10 seconds to go,
our last play of the half:

Chatman, falling down when no one
is touching him, launches a 35 foot
3 pointer... air ball of course... grabs
the nearest VCU player while on the floor,
stopping play which sets up Bones
dorner shot over the backboard...

I stopped listening after that...

the senior play from everyone not
named Jordy was horrible, uninspired,
l
Old 03-05-2021, 07:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,233 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Chatman. He plays hard, but he just makes too many bonehead mistakes at the point.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 07:31 PM

Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Grant didn’t have a plan. Did he not think that VCU would take away our 3pt game? After they did it twice already. And even then we didn’t adjust. In this game. I’m not say we would win but not trying to get the ball inside doomed us from the start, but we might have stood a chance. Today we never did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the mouth.

-Mike Tyson
Old 03-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Captain

flybye is infamous around these partsflybye is infamous around these partsflybye is infamous around these parts
Anthony and the staff lost this game.. so a team that beat you easily 2 times with this plan...they have no one who can guard Bones man to man and we are confident Grant won’t double him ...they were right ..ZERO...ZERO adjustment until the last 5 min when we doubled him amd it worked ...awful..lousy coaching...so 3 straight times we let Bones beat us...shame on the staff..clueless.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:19 PM
Major

Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
We lost the game because we got off to a horrible start, our seniors sucked, and we turned the ball over 21 times. CAG and staff didn’t suit up and play bad basketball. VCU is just the better team this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2021), SeasonTicketFan (03-08-2021), UD62 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 09:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,551 Times in 878 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
We lost the game because we got off to a horrible start, our seniors sucked, and we turned the ball over 21 times. CAG and staff didn’t suit up and play bad basketball. VCU is just the better team this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
I always hear that AG and the staff don't play the game, and I agree our players didn't play well tonight, or most of the year for that matter. But does the staff ever have any responsibility in losses? They're never the ones that play the game but if they have no responsibility then why would you ever fire a coach? Maybe players play bad sometimes because the coaches didn't plan, prepare or adjust well enough. These coaches make a lot of money, I think it is fair to level some of the responsibility on them from time to time when things go sour.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (03-05-2021), zmz723 (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 09:29 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,034 Times in 476 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Watson because his turnovers are always at the most inopportune times! Coaches didn't have a clue as to what changes to make from the first two games.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:56 PM

Thanked 4,622 Times in 2,421 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
It was a team effort
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
NJFlyr71 (03-08-2021), steverino015 (03-07-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 09:59 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,074 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Just like Spectrum, TMobile, etc., I'd like to bundle my vote for Chatman and Watson for reasons too numerous to mention. The tipping point were consecutive possessions in the 2nd half when they took turns making turnovers and either walked (Chatman) or jogged (Watson) back to defend the VCU runout.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-06-2021), TA111 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 04:21 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Folks, now that I have had a chance to reflect on this season and this third loss to VCU. One memory that I will have of this game is the guts of the VCU player who took a charge against Tshimanga. I think it was Vince Williams. Tshimanga was rumbling down the left side toward the basket. Tshimanga loses his balance and crunches the VCU player.. All 6’11” and 280 pounds of rumble. The VCU player acted like he had been just run over by a truck. And, you know what, he had just been run over by a truck. His team mates practically had to carry him back to the bench. He looked all crumpled up like he hurt his back. I noticed that he was putting a bag of ice on his jawbone afterwards. Ah Hah! That’ll teach him not to get into Tshimanga’s pathway to the basket. I would say that was a hard earned foul. You gotta’ laugh now that the game is over.😀
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Thanked 10,021 Times in 4,476 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree, hats off to VCU. They took down Davidson next, but wouldn't you know, Bones Hyland goes 0 for 5 from 3pt and scored 12 points after he destroyed us.

Go figure.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:53 AM
Colonel

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It was a team effort
Posted via Mobile Device
right here,

we can toss blame around all
we want, but team effort in the loss..
Old 03-07-2021, 01:21 PM
Captain

flybye is infamous around these partsflybye is infamous around these partsflybye is infamous around these parts
Hyland is the example of where the staff AndAnthony need to get better. VCU doubled Jalen with length all 3 games...we played Bones straight up....really poor strategy amd it haunted them...
Old 03-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Colonel

and on offense, Coach Grant's offense requres movement withoug the ball,
passing, quick passing with little\
dribbling...

on the radio broadcast, Keith W said
during the 1st and 2nd half that
Jalen had to repeatedly tell the
same 2 players where they should be
on offensive plays...

Larry added "he is not pointing fingers
at anyone, he is directing the players
where they need to be"... I don't think
they were freshmen, I felt Keith was
frustrated with 2 of the seniors...

in Keith's words :WAYY too much
standing around.. "
Old 03-08-2021, 09:02 AM

Thanked 1,903 Times in 822 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone really believe that Bones Hyland was warned by the official for talking to the official? Not me. I think he was warned for talking to Chatman. Even with trash talking, there are still certain words that you can't say within ear shot of a referee. Rodney likes to talk. Bones shut him up with his play and, I believe, did some talking of his own. That warning came right after Bones hit one of many shots over Chatman.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:15 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,551 Times in 878 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Does anyone really believe that Bones Hyland was warned by the official for talking to the official? Not me. I think he was warned for talking to Chatman. Even with trash talking, there are still certain words that you can't say within ear shot of a referee. Rodney likes to talk. Bones shut him up with his play and, I believe, did some talking of his own. That warning came right after Bones hit one of many shots over Chatman.
It was definitely for talking to Chatman. The announcers usually have no clue what is going on.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-08-2021), rollo (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,406 Times in 749 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It was a team effort
Posted via Mobile Device
This team, THIS YEAR and the word effort should not be tied together in the same sentence!