UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2013-2014 Game Threads

2013-2014 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
I would love it if the next practice would begin with Dr. Curran addressing the team to let them know how embarrassed he was to see that lack of effort (with a national TV, to boot), and that such a lack of effort in the future wouldn't be tolerated.

That's assuming he was truly embarrassed by that display tonight...

And that he'd be willing to back-up his words with actions...
As long as we host first four games and first and second round NCAA....does it really matter? What matters is the UD name brand all over the court during televised games from UD arena. NIT appearances are all they care about as that allows them to focus on making money from hosting games. Man am I sick of this sh1t!
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Now that we're done playing the schmucks of the A10, this would be a great game show us all what they've learned during those games and finally play 40 minutes of hard-nosed, efficient and well coached basketball! Heck, I'll even settle for 38! Is that asking too much?!??
Apparently, it was.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
this game was easy to see coming. This team had lost its focus and the start of the last two games indicated that. Last night that kind of start was going to lead to the game being over in 10 minutes ... and it was. The Hawks on Hawk Hill are not LaSalle at home or the Dukes.

Will the Flyers come out focused on Saturday? I have no idea but as I said a few weeks ago they don't have the look of a NCAA tourney team. Who knows they might sneak in but the odds are against it.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
the only player in the Junior and Senior class we will miss is DMO. The future is bright.
I hope you don't truly believe this...?? Just imagine this team without Kav, DMO & Vee. Or in two years without those guys AND Sibert. We are in TROUBLE. Darrell Davis better be the next Michael Jordan. Sadly, this program is on the decline after this year. Archie better start pulling out ALL the recruiting tricks he has up his sleeve. The freshman class this year isn't good. Scoochie has the highest ceiling and I'd say his ceiling is about 11-12 points and 6 assists a game. Hardly a superstar. Davis and Pollard are nothing more than role players. I'm just PRAYING that we don't go in to the Big East. It'll end any chance we have of making the tournament on a consistent basis. We struggle against Duquesne on the road....imagine going to play a REAL basketball school on the road.
Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
I hope you don't truly believe this...?? Just imagine this team without Kav, DMO & Vee. Or in two years without those guys AND Sibert. We are in TROUBLE. Darrell Davis better be the next Michael Jordan. Sadly, this program is on the decline after this year. Archie better start pulling out ALL the recruiting tricks he has up his sleeve. The freshman class this year isn't good. Scoochie has the highest ceiling and I'd say his ceiling is about 11-12 points and 6 assists a game. Hardly a superstar. Davis and Pollard are nothing more than role players. I'm just PRAYING that we don't go in to the Big East. It'll end any chance we have of making the tournament on a consistent basis. We struggle against Duquesne on the road....imagine going to play a REAL basketball school on the road.
While I agree pretty much with your post I'll take 11-12 ppg/ 6 apg from SS easily the next couple years...
Old 02-26-2014, 02:00 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
DMO is a solid role player, nothing more. Kavs and Vee and reserves on a good team. Guys, especially Kavs, simply look good by comparison but they get exposed against really good players. Kavs-Roberts, DMO-Kanacevic, Sanford-Galloway