UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2011 Match Threads

2011 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
La Salle Thread

Dayton took care of business at it should in the first set 25-8. Again total domination.

And as usual the game tracker froze in game two with UD leading 13-6. This just happens all too often and for this being a year and year happening just is so frustrating.

Oh well guess you gotta believe UD dominated game two as well and should win out in three.

No video, kinda surprised but with the mens and womens soccer double header guess they didn't have enough personnel or equipment.
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Dear University of Dayton;

If you really want to increase fan interest and keep the ones you have, you got to do a better job with gametracker. Does anyone at the event even look to see it the signal or what ever the problem is gets out. Double check your work or have a phone number someone can call back to when it stops working.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
We had a sideout percentage of 100% in set 1. Not bad, LOL
Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Looks like won set 3 25-9. Still final score for set 2.

Dayton sweeps in 3 as it should.

Side out % should be awesome.

Statistics please
Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Looks like set two was also 25-9.

Wow holding your opponent to single digits in each set...awesome.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed earlier in the week, no video tonight, but was looking forward to hearing Shane and Mandy. But best laid plans didn't happen and missed both UD and Tower #3's DII match. Ironically -- then won by scores of 25-8, 25-5 and 25-11. Pretty much the same match UD had. When I pulled up #3's scores I was thinking, 'You don't see that lop-sided of a score very often." Then I pulled up UD's and just laughed.

Great job ladies. It shouldn't have been a match but a lot of times the better team doesn't come in 100% focused. Obviously you guys did and that's not easy to do when you know you're the better team. I like the mental display tonight even more than the physical domination.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:40 PM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
100% sideout percentage for the match? Are you kidding me?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:21 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Watched the last set between soccer games. I dont think Marten played last set. Of LaSalles 9 points in the third set I think 3-4 were on UD serving errors.

It looked like munchkins against scholarships DI players. But LaSalle has only won like 13 conference matches in 16 years. I think their head coach is part time, no staff, hardly any schollies. Thats an expensive trip to send 15-17 players, coaches, trainers to Ohio on a flight, hotels, food, knowing you could play with 9 players on the court and youd still lose. Youd think since LaSalle was going to the trouble theyd try to make the program semi-competitive (worth someone's hassle).

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 09-24-2011, 05:39 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
First - everything Chris said above is true or close. I don't think they have any scholarships and about zero staff. I do think the head coach is full-time. But they aren't the only school in DI to not have any scholarships, and those schools don't have the record of LaSalle. You have to think it's the athletic department just doesn't give a hoot. Maybe it's the A-10 that's telling them they have to have so many sports to be a part of the conference. I also heard last year the A-10 was putting some pressure on LaSalle to become more competitive within the conference. All in all, a sad case.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
100% sideout percentage for the match? Are you kidding me?

I know. You would have thought even if LaSalle couldn't score against us on their serve, that we would have committed an error somewhere to give them a point on serve. But apparently not. Unreal stat and one for the record books. I wonder if the whole team will be awarded A-10 Defensive Player of the Week for this accomplishment?

Congrats!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
General of the Air Force

I hope that Mandy can tell you on Friday how many other teams have had a 100% sideout percentage in division I. I will be at the match whether I have to get up at a horrible time or not

Last edited by UDBrian; 09-27-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Old 09-27-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm traveling this weekend, so won't be listening. You'll need to catch her at the match or have someone else listen and post.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
I hope that Mandy can tell you on Friday how many other teams have had a 100% sideout percentage in division I. I will be at the match whether I have to get up at a horrible time or not
Through some quick cursory glances, I found 1 other match with a 100% sideout. Arkansas State had a 100% sideout versus Alcorn State on 09/16/2011. Play By Play. (Note: sideout numbers are not listed in the NCAA boxscores, so you look at the play by play to see that a school doesn't get 2 points in a row.)

I got to this game because I looked for any schools that lost 3-0 without scoring 10 points in any one set. 5 games came up, and the DAY/LAS game, and this one, has 100% sideout. It's plausible there are other games, but those would have to be set point scores over 10.

Figgie
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-28-2011)