User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Rutgers just upset Indiana to become the first 14 seed to advance to the B1G quarterfinals. Good for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rutgers overcame a 16-point Hoosier lead to take over the second half. Their guard, Corey Greer, finished with 28 points. This kid has a really tough jump shot off the dribble that is basically indefensible. He had a monster jam toward the end of the game when he split two Hoosier defenders. Indiana reminds me a bit of the Matta-coached Buckeye teams of the past - lots of good athletes, none of whom can put the ball in the basket. The Hoosiers had an abysmal shooting game and a lot of turnovers. Sound familiar? Rutgers was a 14-seed in the Big Ten tournament. The Hoosiers were a 6-seed. Having lived in Indiana for 13 years, I know how seriously the Hoosier fans take their basketball. They will not be happy with the Hoosiers sitting home in March again.
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2018, 11:37 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Rutgers just upset Indiana to become the first 14 seed to advance to the B1G quarterfinals. Good for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
So, the new IU coach finished his first season with a record of 16-15 (pending participation in the NIT or some tourney other than The Dance). The old IU coach finished his last season with a record of 18-16. Now, I know the new IU coach is better than 16-15 in the long run. But transitions aren’t necessarily easy, and improvement doesn’t necessarily happen overnight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

joeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
So, the new IU coach finished his first season with a record of 16-15 (pending participation in the NIT or some tourney other than The Dance). The old IU coach finished his last season with a record of 18-16. Now, I know the new IU coach is better than 16-15 in the long run. But transitions aren’t necessarily easy, and improvement doesn’t necessarily happen overnight.
Posted via Mobile Device
It is true that coaching transitions are tough. However, anyone who watched Indiana all year(as I did) noticed a marked improvement during the regular season. IU started the regular season with an embarrassing blowout loss at home to Indiana State, and finished the regular season with a tough double ot loss to Ohio State on a 25 foot 3 pointer with 2 secs to go. They lost close games to Duke, Purdue, Michigan St, and OSU, and beat ND back when they were ranked and still had Bonzie Colson. The improvement in their team defense was drastic, they were awful defensively in the beginning, and finished no.1 in defensive efficiency in Big 10 conference games.
Tonight their offense wasn't clicking, and Rutgers hit a ton of tough contested shots. A ton.
UD on the other hand, never improved, and actually regressed as the season went on. As a diehard, I have never seen a team quit like this one has. Last night was probably their worst performance. I won't blame it all on Coach Grant, but I thought he did a **** poor job coaching this year. I wasn't happy with the hire, and this season nothing I saw has changed my opinion. I just hope he can monster recruit, because I think his X's and O's leave a lot to be desired.

The biggest difference in IU and UD's teams this year is that IU played hard and looked like they gave a ****, and UD not so much, especially down the stretch. Coaching, coaching, coaching

Last edited by joeybaloney; 03-02-2018 at 12:40 AM..
Mad Props to joeybaloney For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 02:06 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
The biggest difference is that IU has some talent and we don't! No comparison. Only Cunningham is anything more than a role player on a high end team. Maybe some will develop but it will take more than these past few months. Still most will not.
Talent, talent , talent.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joeybaloney View Post
It is true that coaching transitions are tough. However, anyone who watched Indiana all year(as I did) noticed a marked improvement during the regular season. IU started the regular season with an embarrassing blowout loss at home to Indiana State, and finished the regular season with a tough double ot loss to Ohio State on a 25 foot 3 pointer with 2 secs to go. They lost close games to Duke, Purdue, Michigan St, and OSU, and beat ND back when they were ranked and still had Bonzie Colson. The improvement in their team defense was drastic, they were awful defensively in the beginning, and finished no.1 in defensive efficiency in Big 10 conference games.
Tonight their offense wasn't clicking, and Rutgers hit a ton of tough contested shots. A ton.
UD on the other hand, never improved, and actually regressed as the season went on. As a diehard, I have never seen a team quit like this one has. Last night was probably their worst performance. I won't blame it all on Coach Grant, but I thought he did a **** poor job coaching this year. I wasn't happy with the hire, and this season nothing I saw has changed my opinion. I just hope he can monster recruit, because I think his X's and O's leave a lot to be desired.

The biggest difference in IU and UD's teams this year is that IU played hard and looked like they gave a ****, and UD not so much, especially down the stretch. Coaching, coaching, coaching
I suggest you read the IU blogs. There’re nor happy at all. Losing to Rutgers is pretty bad.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

joeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I suggest you read the IU blogs. There’re nor happy at all. Losing to Rutgers is pretty bad.

Well, I don't follow individual blogs, but i am frequently on their Scout and Rivals message boards, and an overwhelming majority are pleased with Archies coaching job. Of course they arent happy with missing the dance, but they didn't (like us as UD fans) expect to make it.

Last edited by joeybaloney; 03-02-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
The biggest difference is that IU has some talent and we don't! No comparison. Only Cunningham is anything more than a role player on a high end team. Maybe some will develop but it will take more than these past few months. Still most will not.
Talent, talent , talent.

Yeah IU does have more talent than UD, but the Big 10 has more talent than the A-10. I am not so sure that our talent compared to the rest of the A-10 isnt better than their talent compared to the rest of the Big 10. IU was picked to finish 9th and finished 6th, we were picked what 5th or 6th? We are going to be nowhere near this.

Last edited by joeybaloney; 03-02-2018 at 09:31 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
It is still a little strange seeing Archie, Tom Ostrom, Bill Comar, and Brian Walsh coaching another team.

It takes some time for me to get used to the change. I felt the same way when Trump became POTUS, it was so strange not seeing Obama in that position.

And I noticed that Ostrom's title is Associate Head Coach, whereas Bruiser Flint and Ed Schilling both have the title of Assistant Coach.

http://iuhoosiers.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball
Old 03-02-2018, 09:32 AM

Thanked 15,874 Times in 6,980 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Watching Louisville lose at home to #1 UVa last night by giving up 5 points in the last 0.9 seconds is absolutely precious. How many stupid mistakes can a team make in that amount of time? As they say, you can't fix stupid.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
They're not going to the postseason. They have an RPI of 110+. And Big Ten teams don't play the CBI or that other one.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joeybaloney View Post
Yeah IU does have more talent than UD, but the Big 10 has more talent than the A-10. I am not so sure that our talent compared to the rest of the A-10 isnt better than their talent compared to the rest of the Big 10. IU was picked to finish 9th and finished 6th, we were picked what 5th or 6th? We are going to be nowhere near this.
This was the worst season for the Big Ten in several years. If this was a normal Big Ten season with 4 or 5 top tier teams, Indiana is a bottom 2 or 3 team.

You could probably say the same about the A10 though, to be fair. The A10 is way down, largely because us and VCU were so terrible.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:26 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Watching Louisville lose at home to #1 UVa last night by giving up 5 points in the last 0.9 seconds is absolutely precious. How many stupid mistakes can a team make in that amount of time? As they say, you can't fix stupid.
Just saw the replay. In that situation, if I were a coach, with 0.9 seconds on the clock tell the inbounder to throw a high jump-ball like pass to mid court. With both teams going for the ball there is no way a catch and shoot could happen. Some times coaches are too smart for their own good. They key is to make sure you throw the pass DOWN COURT!

Last edited by cj; 03-02-2018 at 10:29 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
That was crazy! Couldn't have happened to a better school.

On another note I think they need to rethink how long it takes to get a shot off because if you watch that last second three, there is no way that he caught the ball, cocked it, jumped and got the shot off in 0.9 seconds. I know he beat the actual clock but there is no way that whole motion happened in less than 0.9 seconds. There has to be some lag time in the actual clock starting.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:51 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
That was crazy! Couldn't have happened to a better school.

On another note I think they need to rethink how long it takes to get a shot off because if you watch that last second three, there is no way that he caught the ball, cocked it, jumped and got the shot off in 0.9 seconds. I know he beat the actual clock but there is no way that whole motion happened in less than 0.9 seconds. There has to be some lag time in the actual clock starting.
The royal ref just watched and rewatched the replay on HD over and over and each time I counted as fast as I could as soon as the shooter caught the ball and in each instance I never got past 6...as someone trained to count 1/10ths of a second, I can say with 99.999% confidence that the shot was released in under 0.9 sec.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The royal ref just watched and rewatched the replay on HD over and over and each time I counted as fast as I could as soon as the shooter caught the ball and in each instance I never got past 6...as someone trained to count 1/10ths of a second, I can say with 99.999% confidence that the shot was released in under 0.9 sec.
I respectfully disagree...but you are KING and I do not want to be royally beheaded so I will acquiesce.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 11:21 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, the Virginia player got the shot off in time.

A banked in 3 pointer from the wing. Wow, you do not see that every day.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
IMO, the Virginia player got the shot off in time.

A banked in 3 pointer from the wing. Wow, you do not see that every day.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
It's not that I don't think he got it off before the clock hit 0.0, I just think there must be lag time from starting the clock because that's a lot of motion in that shot to get it off in less than 0.9 seconds....Please don't let the KING know I am still talking about this.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 11:36 AM

CT Flyer (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 11:58 AM
General of the Air Force

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/i...thread/&page=6

Just went through a few pages. The story is true but the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
What a shame.

Not really. Thank you Scarlet Knights.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
It should be so obvious to any true Hoosier fan that Archie was a bad hire, can't coach, lost his team, and should be fired immediately.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:07 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Rhode Island loses 3 of their last 5 games with their loss at Davidson. Late game meltdown. Wonder if that will drop them from the top 25.
Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-03-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 11:45 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udx2 View Post
Rhode Island loses 3 of their last 5 games with their loss at Davidson. Late game meltdown. Wonder if that will drop them from the top 25.
Have seen the replay of the final play for Davidson a couple of times now. Terrell for URI got greedy and went for the steal on the inbounds pass. He whiffed, leaving his teammates to play 4 on 5 D. Then Gundmundsson drove the lane, might have gotten away with a walk, but definitely got bumped on his way to the hole (which is part of Rhody’s MO). At Rhody, they may call steps, and they may let the bump go as a no-call. At Davidson, however, the Cats had it go their way. Looked like a tight contest.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-03-2018), udx2 (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
It was a perfect storm all in favor of Davidson. They get to go to the A10 feeling good and with momentum on their side. The Rhodies—well not so.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:25 PM

#8 seed Cleveland State upsets #1 seed NKU in the HLT. The door is wide open for #2 seed Wright State.

Last edited by ud2; 03-04-2018 at 12:14 AM..
Flyer 86 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
If Wright State wins the Tourney will that open the door for a H/H starting at the Nutter Center on MLK Day next year?
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 09:26 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
If Wright State wins the Tourney will that open the door for a H/H starting at the Nutter Center on MLK Day next year?
Hey ! Don’t rush the offseason.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
It should be so obvious to any true Hoosier fan that Archie was a bad hire, can't coach, lost his team, and should be fired immediately.
You may use sarcasm, but the Indiana fans are way ahead of you----for real.

D1 head coaches make a lot of money, but the expectations are off the charts, and rightfully so.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Florida Gulf Coast trailed by 32 points early in the second half in their conference tourney championship against Lipscomb. They have cut it to five points with about 6 minutes to go. Almost can't believe what I've seen so far

Last edited by joeybaloney; 03-04-2018 at 05:09 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to joeybaloney For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018), jack72 (03-05-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 05:06 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This game has been crazy, would be the biggest comeback in D1 history
Old 03-05-2018, 10:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Wright State up 2 at the half. Win and they play Cleveland State in the finals.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by cj View Post
This King is rooting for WSU's men and women today...as well as My prince and princess Flyers.

Screw Raleigh/Durham...SW Ohio is THE mecca for college basketball!
TommyGola (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 08:38 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
So 4 Ohio teams in the NCAAT for sure. Could get another one out of the MAC.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty sure St. Mary's has played their way out of an at-large bid. They needed to beat BYU and make the finals. Some others could lose and make room for them but currently not looking good for the Gaels.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:24 AM

I think it will be interesting to see if the B1G teams benefit from having an extra week off vs. how the other p5 teams perform in the NCAAT.
Flyer 86 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
I Believe St Mary's is In

as an At-Large qualifier. But we will see.
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 11:46 AM

I do not know if SMC will make the field. They only have 5 losses, but their 184 sos is really bad.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
So 4 Ohio teams in the NCAAT for sure. Could get another one out of the MAC.
or the A-10
CE80 (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 09:10 PM
General of the Air Force

Derek Kellogg gets fired by UMass. Now goes dancing with LIU-Brooklyn. Wins NEC championship vs Wagner.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:13 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Derek Kellogg gets fired by UMass. Now goes dancing with LIU-Brooklyn. Wins NEC championship vs Wagner.
Fired at UMass and hired one week later
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 09:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Sam Miller is going dancing, sort of lol

His new team College of Charleston beats Northeastern to head to the Tourney
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 12:21 AM

Mick Cronin this year is having his best year at UC, they might get a 2 seed, and he is still being one-upped by Mack and Xavier.

He can't be happy. He has to be thinking, "what do I have to do to get top billing in this town?"

Xavier is getting all the press in Cincinnati this year: UC loses bigly in the Shootout, X might get a 1 seed, X has the better ranking, X has the better conference, X has better attendance, etc.

Last edited by ud2; 03-07-2018 at 12:27 AM..
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 10:38 AM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Mick Cronin this year is having his best year at UC, they might get a 2 seed, and he is still being one-upped by Mack and Xavier.

He can't be happy. He has to be thinking, "what do I have to do to get top billing in this town?"

Xavier is getting all the press in Cincinnati this year: UC loses bigly in the Shootout, X might get a 1 seed, X has the better ranking, X has the better conference, X has better attendance, etc.
Let's see, Cronin got the job over Andy Kennedy who just got forced out. Xavier is slightly better. Cronin will be a #2 seed for the big dance. Ten years ago his team was struggling and so was his marriage, then he had an aneurysm three years ago, which he now is healed from.

Cronin is from Cincinnati and went to college there. His family lives there. He is a solid guy and citizen. I think Cronin is on Cloud9, as UC is top followed school in that town, and Cronin will get a bonus and probably a raise.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-07-2018), rollo (03-07-2018), T-Bone 84 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Let's see, Cronin got the job over Andy Kennedy who just got forced out. Xavier is slightly better. Cronin will be a #2 seed for the big dance. Ten years ago his team was struggling and so was his marriage, then he had an aneurysm three years ago, which he now is healed from.

Cronin is from Cincinnati and went to college there. His family lives there. He is a solid guy and citizen. I think Cronin is on Cloud9, as UC is top followed school in that town, and Cronin will get a bonus and probably a raise.
It's gotta suck though, that all this success happens the year they're displaced and playing home games at NKU.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Cronin is a class act and has totally turned UC into a respectable basketball program. I would love to see them win the National Championship.

Regardless of how far they advance in the NCAAT, UC better find some cash laying around somewhere because there will be plenty of openings across NCAA basketball soon and the big hitters will have him high on their list.
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-08-2018), Flyer 86 (03-07-2018), jack72 (03-07-2018), T-Bone 84 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado (17-14 and 8-10 in the PAC12) put a damper on Arizona State's NCAA hopes tonight winning 97-85 as McKinley Wright scored 20 points, had 8 rebounds and 11 assists.

Colorado plays #1 seed Arizona at 3:00PM tomorrow, 3/8. There only hope for an NCAA bid will hinge on that game. They split with Arizona in their 2 conf. games. They may even have to win the whole thing like the Flyers 4 games in 4 days!

I don't think the PAC12 will get more than 4 teams in. Probably Arizona, USC, Utah and UCLA.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:03 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
Colorado (17-14 and 8-10 in the PAC12) put a damper on Arizona State's NCAA hopes tonight winning 97-85 as McKinley Wright scored 20 points, had 8 rebounds and 11 assists.

Colorado plays #1 seed Arizona at 3:00PM tomorrow, 3/8. There only hope for an NCAA bid will hinge on that game. They split with Arizona in their 2 conf. games. They may even have to win the whole thing like the Flyers 4 games in 4 days!

I don't think the PAC12 will get more than 4 teams in. Probably Arizona, USC, Utah and UCLA.
Wonder what Wright is thinking of his team and conference choice about now? I suspect he looks at UD and Minn this year and thinks, probably good I did not go there.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post

Wonder what Wright is thinking of his team and conference choice about now? I suspect he looks at UD and Minn this year and thinks, probably good I did not go there, but he may wonder about his Colorado choice. Oh well, water over the dam.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Major General

Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Cronin is a class act and has totally turned UC into a respectable basketball program. I would love to see them win the National Championship.

Regardless of how far they advance in the NCAAT, UC better find some cash laying around somewhere because there will be plenty of openings across NCAA basketball soon and the big hitters will have him high on their list.
If UC makes it to the 2nd weekend he's gone regardless. Even if they don't I put it at 75% chance Cronin moves on.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
If UC makes it to the 2nd weekend he's gone regardless. Even if they don't I put it at 75% chance Cronin moves on.
Cronin makes $2.2M/year and has a $4.4M buyout...it'll take a desperate school to steal him from UC...unless he has a couple listed in a clause...

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

IMRO, there's a 95% chance he stays at UC. Why? Because like UD having dreams of getting invited to the Big East, UC has similar desires to join the Big12. Losing Cronin, and the risks that go along with new head coaching hires, would be a severe blow to any future Big12 expansion dreams.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Cronin is like Mack at X, a local kid with family and friends that make his alma mater, in his home city, his dream job. However that being said, both have their short list of schools, they would jump at. A very short list.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
However that being said, both have their short list of schools, they would jump at. A very short list.
It only takes one.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:30 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Rhodie Rams hit FT 's down the end today to close out VCU, just like one should hit their freebies. Signs of a senior laden team.

St louis , in second half ... put a wallop on GW. Of Course, Watanabe got injured early in second half also which didn't help them.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Brigadier General

Glad VCU is out. St. Joe's hopefully goes down next. Bonnies win and Saint Louis, it'll be a good day
Old 03-09-2018, 05:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Glad VCU is out. St. Joe's hopefully goes down next. Bonnies win and Saint Louis, it'll be a good day
No such luck on St. Joe’s. Martelli knows how to get his Hawks to perform come Tourney Time. They’re never really an “underdog” until they’re 3-4 seed lines below their opponent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Spiders and Bonnies were deadlocked at 32 at the half. Richmond got the first 2 out of the break, then Bona went for 15 straight. Currently Bonnies 53, Spiders 37. Bonnies haven't missed a shot in the first 5:11 of the second half, scoring 21 points in the process.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Cronin won my respect when he called-out his own team after the Crosstown Throwdown. He even won it to the extent that I actually root for UC now. Anyone who knew me back in the Gale Catlett era knows that's a monumental about-face.

But the dude is a class act, and he deserves all the success his program is currently seeing. Go Bearcats!
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 07:59 PM
General

Cronin won my respect when he called-out his own team after the Crosstown Throwdown. He even won it to the extent that I actually root for UC now. Anyone who knew me back in the Gale Catlett era knows that's a monumental about-face.

But the dude is a class act, and he deserves all the success his program is currently seeing. Go Bearcats!
I had no idea Gale Catlett even coached UC till you posted that
Old 03-09-2018, 08:20 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I had no idea Gale Catlett even coached UC till you posted that
Oh, yeah. The guy wore plaid sport coats that made Bobby Knight’s jackets look tame. Recruited players that were probably only slightly better students than the ones who earned Huggins that sterling 8% APR when he ran the UC program. Still remember Dwight “Jelly” Jones taunting fans at The Arena back in the mid ‘70s. Class act, that one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Brigadier General

Friars storming back on _avier...
Old 03-09-2018, 08:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Friars storming back on _avier...
Just went to OT, tied at 68 apiece. Last play in regulation was Macura’s shot getting blocked. Awww, poor baby.
Posted via Mobile Device
Flyer 86 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 08:58 PM
General of the Air Force

X goes down
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 08:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Providence wins 75-72. Let’s go, Friars!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2018, 09:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
No no no, we wanted X to win at least 1 more to get the number #1 seed, then be the first to ever lose to a #16 seed
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Loved watching _avier choke away a 17 point second half lead. Two missed layups late by Bluiett while Macura goes out of control and gets called for a late charge in OT.

Last edited by jumpin' joe; 03-09-2018 at 09:21 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-10-2018), rollo (03-10-2018), T-Bone 84 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:45 PM
Brigadier General

_avier loses out on BE Tourney title. Will this board come unglued if Wright State ends their season?

Poor _avier
T-Bone 84 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Great Day To Be a Flyer Fan

is any day when Xavier loses. Especially when Macura gets called for a charge and Coach Mack yells at the ref who made the call. With high definition lips can be read these days.
Chris Mack called him a MF.
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Brigadier General

Dear Chris Mack,

How you like that charge call on Macura and not getting that shot off?

Love,
Wes Coffee's nose
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-10-2018), T-Bone 84 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
No no no, we wanted X to win at least 1 more to get the number #1 seed, then be the first to ever lose to a #16 seed
Bolshevik! We NEVER want Eggsavier to win. This way, they get the 2-15 matchup against Wright State!
Posted via Mobile Device
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:07 PM
General

Davidson looking good against STL. I will not be sad to see Aldridge graduate
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
is any day when Xavier loses. Especially when Macura gets called for a charge and Coach Mack yells at the ref who made the call. With high definition lips can be read these days.
Saw Mack, at the end of the game, give a disgusted swipe of his hand, as if to say "Get the f___ out of here". What a turd!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Also, saw where some Musties got into a scrum with some St. John's players after yesterday's 88-60 thumping. Apparently a bit of woofing going on. I'm sure it takes 2 to tango, but Mack still had Macura and Bluiett in at the end of the game, even with a 20+ point lead. Classy guy, that Mack.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:46 PM
General of the Air Force

By contrast, McKillop just pulled Aldridge with a 19 point lead and 3;00 to go in Davidson’s game against SLU. Now, THAT’s a coach with some class.

Also, yeah, he needs Aldridge for tomorrow’s game against St. Bonny
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2018, 01:31 AM
General

Watching New Mexico State Seattle. Former Dunbar player A.J. Harris looking good

Seattle has a 7'3 285lb center, Aaron Menzies, who looks like a WWE wrestler
Old 03-10-2018, 06:54 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Saw Mack, at the end of the game, give a disgusted swipe of his hand, as if to say "Get the f___ out of here". What a turd!
That guy has been a jerk since his college days. He is the guy who threw in in-bounds pass squarely in the face of Wes Coffee. The guy is a complete jack ass.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Brigadier General

jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Also, saw where some Musties got into a scrum with some St. John's players after yesterday's 88-60 thumping. Apparently a bit of woofing going on. I'm sure it takes 2 to tango, but Mack still had Macura and Bluiett in at the end of the game, even with a 20+ point lead. Classy guy, that Mack.
What prompting it was _avier not dribbling out the clock with a 26 point lead. Instead, the Xavier player (O'Mara) decides to give a showboat dunk with 3 seconds to play in the game (and still time on the shot clock).
Old 03-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Brigadier General

Seattle has a 7'3 285lb center, Aaron Menzies, who looks like a WWE wrestler
I bet that dude is in a foul mood atleast once a month
Old 03-10-2018, 09:43 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by jumpin' joe View Post
What prompting it was _avier not dribbling out the clock with a 26 point lead. Instead, the Xavier player (O'Mara) decides to give a showboat dunk with 3 seconds to play in the game (and still time on the shot clock).
Sad to say, but I would expect that out of a Chris Mack-coached team. Dude was lucky a Johnny didn’t undercut him while he was up there.

In the “McKinley Wright” thread, BRob2Perryman3 noted that our former recruit threw an alley-oop lob for a dunk with 2 seconds to go in the game when his team was up by 10. Surprised X didn’t go after him when he decommitted, with that kind of approach to the game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
I don't think I've seen a xavier loss where Mack didn't have to be held back by his assistants from going after a ref, or like last night where I really think he would have at the end of the game if he had a clear path. If you noticed right after the buzzer sounded, it looked as if he took a step towards them then the crowd rushed onto the court. The guy has zero class and is the worse sore loser in college basketball. He actually partially blamed FS1 the night before when asked about the fights after the game, lol.

His players act like they do because they are a reflection of their coach.
Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Can't remember who, but a xavier player jammed the ball with time running out and a large lead, instead of just running out the clock like every other NCAA team would do. St. John's players took offense, as would be expected, and refused to shake hands afterwards. Zero class.

Edit: Sorry, jumpin joe beat me to the explanation.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:42 AM
General of the Air Force

And to think: we recruited O’Mara hard, and I actually wanted him to be a Flyer. With that attitude? No, thanks. I want to win, but I want us to do it with class. What O’Mara did was classless. And a reflection of his coaching/coach.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-10-2018), JimBo (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 03:07 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
St Joe within 3 with 10 sec to go
Old 03-10-2018, 03:15 PM

RI beats StJ. Not sure RI will go anywhere. Their rebounding is so weak, and where did the defense go?
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 03:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
RI squeaks by again, over rated, tired, getting everyone best shot, not looking like top 25 team.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
RI squeaks by again, over rated, tired, getting everyone best shot, not looking like top 25 team.
Having Danny Hurley around you day after day can have that affect on people. He wears me out.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-10-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-10-2018), CT Flyer (03-10-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 12:58 AM

NIT experimental rules this year:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018...rimental_rules

Experimental rules Edit
In February 2018, the NCAA approved a number of experimental rule changes for use in this tournament:[2]

Games will be played in 10-minute quarters instead of 20-minute halves. The NCAA has used this timing convention for women's basketball since the 2015–16 season
As in NCAA women's basketball, as well as the 2017 NIT,[3] there will be no "one-and-one" foul shots. Starting with the fifth foul in each quarter, non-shooting fouls by the defense result in two free throws, with the exception of administrative technical fouls (for which only one shot is awarded).

The three-point line will change to the current FIBA distance of 6.75 meters (22 ft 1.75 in) from the center of the basket, except along the sidelines. Once the arc reaches a distance of 3 feet (0.91 m) from the sideline, it will become a straight line parallel to the sideline.

The free-throw lane will be 16 feet wide, the same width as in NBA and FIBA rules, instead of the 12 feet in the current NCAA rules.

The shot clock will be reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:21 AM
Lieutenant General

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018...rimental_rules

Experimental rules Edit
In February 2018, the NCAA approved a number of experimental rule changes for use in this tournament:[2]

Games will be played in 10-minute quarters instead of 20-minute halves. The NCAA has used this timing convention for women's basketball since the 2015–16 season
As in NCAA women's basketball, as well as the 2017 NIT,[3] there will be no "one-and-one" foul shots. Starting with the fifth foul in each quarter, non-shooting fouls by the defense result in two free throws, with the exception of administrative technical fouls (for which only one shot is awarded).

The three-point line will change to the current FIBA distance of 6.75 meters (22 ft 1.75 in) from the center of the basket, except along the sidelines. Once the arc reaches a distance of 3 feet (0.91 m) from the sideline, it will become a straight line parallel to the sideline.

The free-throw lane will be 16 feet wide, the same width as in NBA and FIBA rules, instead of the 12 feet in the current NCAA rules.

Don't look now but the NCAA wants their game to be like the NBA's....then I'll stop watching just like I did the NBA.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Experimental rules Edit

That sucks on so many levels. Who wants to be a guinea pig for the corrupt NCAA? Do the stats count towards the players career totals? Will coaches have to alter game plans? Will the officials be able to manage the game correctly? Etc. . . Jeez, what is taking the FBI so long, get in there and drain that swamp before it's too late!!!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Don't look now but the NCAA wants their game to be like the NBA's....then I'll stop watching just like I did the NBA.
Sounds a bit like diversion/distraction on the part of the NCAA, to give people something else to talk about besides payoffs to high school players, coaches that are slimier than a Nickelodeon awards show, etc.

“Step right up and see the bearded lady!”
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2018, 10:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Edwin Young sighting reffing the Louisville/NK game tonight. He looked good, hope he continues to climb the officiating ladder.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-14-2018), OSU Flyer (03-14-2018), rollo (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 12:47 AM
General of the Air Force

Edwin Young sighting reffing the Louisville/NK game tonight. He looked good, hope he continues to climb the officiating ladder.
A quality guy. Best wishes for your future in officiating, Edwin!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2018, 01:43 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
So I got sucked into the USC-UNC-Asheville NIT game. Really, really impressed with Asheville. Their center Baehre, only a soph, was a true inside out threat with shot blocking capability. Great PG play, excellent 3pt shooting, and well coached. I’d take more than a couple of Asheville’s 2 stars.

Took USC to 2OT and really should have won the game at the end of first OT. If USC was almost in the tourney, it’s a shame a team like Asheville wouldn’t even get a look. They would be competitive as a 12-13 seed against any P5 team.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:14 AM
General

Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
So I got sucked into the USC-UNC-Asheville NIT game. Really, really impressed with Asheville. Their center Baehre, only a soph, was a true inside out threat with shot blocking capability. Great PG play, excellent 3pt shooting, and well coached. I’d take more than a couple of Asheville’s 2 stars.

Took USC to 2OT and really should have won the game at the end of first OT. If USC was almost in the tourney, it’s a shame a team like Asheville wouldn’t even get a look. They would be competitive as a 12-13 seed against any P5 team.
Macio Teague for UNCA is from Cincy. They've had 4 guys transfer out of there to P5/BE or else McDevitt would have been out of there. That guy and his staff have an eye for talent.

I got filleted for saying but that was one of the coaches I thought we should have looked at last year
Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 AM

Wow, UNCA was an 8 seed, USC was a 1 seed.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Brigadier General

Macio Teague for UNCA is from Cincy. They've had 4 guys transfer out of there to P5/BE or else McDevitt would have been out of there. That guy and his staff have an eye for talent.

I got filleted for saying but that was one of the coaches I thought we should have looked at last year
i think things got all discombobulated after we lost out of Ray Harper.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:31 PM

The UNCA hc just took the Middle Tennessee State job.

Last edited by ud2; 03-24-2018 at 09:34 PM..
Old 04-01-2018, 10:15 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/amp/ncaa...01sfheywp060ox

Very early 2018-19 top 25...Mississippi State #21...no a10 teams...a10 seems wide open.