Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Khari Price

He was really struggling last night with his knees. I know my arthritis is worse when we have a change in the weather. Is tendonitis similar?
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Major

Odrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud of
Khari's deep shot will keep him in games, but against aggressive, pressure, in your face teams on defense he struggles. IMO Schooch was the better option last night. We attacked more with him in the game. I am sure the knees are a problem. Hope he gets well
Mad Props to Odrab14 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:05 PM
1st Lieutenant

mook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura about
Khari is a gamer and he did a solid job on defense. You can see his effort so much that even my girlfriend noticed. Team got the job done and I bet that's all he cares about.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to mook For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-21-2014), Rick303 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I am perplexed about his knee condition. There are stretching exercises and light weight movements than can eventually help one through this situation, if indeed the issue is tendinitis. I am beginning to have my doubts.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:20 AM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I am perplexed about his knee condition. There are stretching exercises and light weight movements than can eventually help one through this situation, if indeed the issue is tendinitis. I am beginning to have my doubts.

Jeeze - are you a doctor?
Do you think Khari Price is faking it?
Do you think the team's medical staff is incompetent, or (gasp) . . . lying to you?
Exactly how closely have you examined Khari's knees?

What a load of horse-hockey.

4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
dnutz77 (02-21-2014), SeasonTicketFan (02-21-2014), shocka43 (02-21-2014), Sid Louick (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:31 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Rest, but that wont happen till the end of the season
Old 02-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
No doubt, you cannot question the kid's heart and effort.
Certainly can question his effectiveness in any given game. (I will take a quiet leader giving his all to his team... and never begrudge him)
Certainly can question how staff handles his condition. (I don't know enough, other than we can all see when it affects his movement)
Cetainly can question whether this can be resolved in off season, or will this be an issue for his entire career. (too early to tell, any doctors in the house...)
Certainly can question how this affect recruiting. (I don't think we 'recruit over' Price. But I also think we need to ensure enough combo guards that we are not short handed if Price is a no-go.)
Old 02-21-2014, 08:37 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Rick303 will become famous soon enoughRick303 will become famous soon enough
Where did he struggle at?

He didn't score any points nor did he take many shots...only 3...he had 2 rebounds, 3 assists and one turnover in 23 minutes and played solid defense.

The team was like +11 with him in the lineup and only even with Scooch in the line up.

I like what each brings to the table...I just feel secure when Khari is out there, he makes very few unforced errors and takes care of the rock and plays solid defense.

Scoochie penetrates better, moves the ball quicker and has a worse outside shot than Khari and his defense isn't as good and while he doesn't make a lot of freshman mistakes he does still make some.

We had 40 minutes of solid PG play that's all that matters....only like 3 turnovers in the second half.

Last edited by Rick303; 02-21-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Mad Props to Rick303 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Jeeze - are you a doctor?
Do you think Khari Price is faking it?
Do you think the team's medical staff is incompetent, or (gasp) . . . lying to you?
Exactly how closely have you examined Khari's knees?

What a load of horse-hockey.

I am not a physician, but have worked through a myriad of similar overuse injuries. There are supplements and stretching exercises that have addressed the issue while I continued to do the same activities. I just hope they are doing more positive therapy than mere "rest." Some of these glucosamine-related supplements have worked wonders for me.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
game in and game out Price posts among the best +/- numbers. I am not big the stat being meaningful in any one game but over the course of many game IMO it does tend to tell a story.
Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 09:04 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Khari and Scoochie are a good 1 -2 punch. Different styles to be used at different times.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 09:19 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
My exposure to tendonitis in both knees came from playing on too many asphalt -tile -over -concrete floors playing AAU after UD. The pain was tolerable after getting warmed up and really not encumbering during games. But after sitting out for 10/15 minutes it took several minutes of court time to crank back up. Then after the game, and through the night and next morning, the knees hurt like hell.

This went on for over a year because I was too ignorant about what it took to get over the tendonitis. IF that is what Khari has, then he can beat it in the offseason with the modern rehab methods and prescription drugs and rest.

Just have to be judicious about how you use your floor time. But he can play through it and go full tilt to help close out a game.

With the gruesome schedule they have ahead this season, he's not going to get better anytime soon.

2 cents

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 02-21-2014 at 09:22 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:46 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I am not a physician, but have worked through a myriad of similar overuse injuries. There are supplements and stretching exercises that have addressed the issue while I continued to do the same activities. I just hope they are doing more positive therapy than mere "rest." Some of these glucosamine-related supplements have worked wonders for me.
It isn't for a lack of proactive medicine, as UD doesn't have a shortage of knowledgeable medical and rehabilitative staff.

I had knee soreness my entire career. Some genetics, some just because of use. I still have issues today. What works for you and what works for me can be two totally separate things. Glucosamine supplements have no effect on me and I have taken them at times for months and years. All while they work wonders for a family member of mine.

I can tell you for a fact, that knee and ankle injuries aren't going to heal in season, no matter what they treatment is, unless the player is getting 100% rest with no impact movement and exercise. If they do heal, the player is lucky, and will double if not triple the time it takes to heal.

KP has to be on his feet to maintain conditioning. Stationary bikes and ellipticals aren't going to keep him in game condition. He has to be on his feet if he wants to play. That means he isn't going to heal until the off season.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-21-2014), dnutz77 (02-21-2014), Flyer69ers (02-21-2014), Glen Clark (02-21-2014), Odrab14 (02-21-2014), Rick303 (02-21-2014), SeasonTicketFan (02-21-2014), UDEE79 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
Exactly, shocka:

Tendonitis treatment must begin by avoiding aggravating movements. This may mean taking a break from a favorite activity for a period of time, but this is a necessary step to allow the inflamed tendon to heal. - Jonathan Cluett, MD (board certified orthopedic surgeon)
Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 AM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
maybe Gola was speaking about this season, but it means we will all have doubts about Khari's remaining career here and it's effect on the team - after a very promising first 10 games.

So if he rests this off season and it acts up in Game 10 next year, we are screwed. So obviously ARch knows this and has to recruit and plan appropriately.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
maybe Gola was speaking about this season, but it means we will all have doubts about Khari's remaining career here and it's effect on the team - after a very promising first 10 games.

So if he rests this off season and it acts up in Game 10 next year, we are screwed. So obviously ARch knows this and has to recruit and plan appropriately.
With that, I feel it will be easier to manage next year.

Scooch wasn't ready to lead the floor for the first half of this season and UD had to rely on a ton of minutes from KP. Going into next season, Scooch will be able to provide mature minutes right out of the gate, as he is doing right now. This will enable AM to use KP in a more efficient manner to keep him healthy, or at least reduce the amount of stress that KP is feeling on his body.

It will be a nagging issue his entire career. But it can be managed better with quality minutes from the other guards.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 02:24 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
nest year I could see KP and Scoochie sharing the floor at time, IMO Scoochie has enough skills as a scorer to make it work.
Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
This is Scoochie's team next year...They're far better with this cat running the offense. You have to have a real threat to breakdown the D and get into the middle. Price does not provide that.I think KP gets his 15-18 plus minutes a game next year both at the PG and SG positions...
Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
It does not have to be a nagging issue the rest of his career. He is too young for that. If he doesn't do what the docs and trainers tell him, then it can be career limiting. Young athletes don't often follow the docs advice. If he goes home for the summer and plays pickup games on asphalt, and doesn't ice afterward, then it won't go away.

Plantar faciitis and achilles heel all have that same thing in common. It only lasts for years when the player doesn't listen.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-21-2014)