UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Track & Field/Cross Country

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Cattran Article

Only the diehards come down to this forum,. Still, a nice article - although no mention of why she did not compete this past weekend.

http://www.daytonflyers.com/sports/w...052709aad.html
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
That was a very nice article, interesting to read that she is considered awkward! Has UD ever had a track all american?

I would think that there are two possible reasons she didn't run

1) They mentioned she was very far behind in her school work when the season ended, she might not have been running enough to compete at that level

2) There were a lot of graduations going on at that time, might have been a graduation that she wasn't willing to miss
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 AM
1st Lieutenant

UDBerg09 will become famous soon enough
Reason Ashley Didn't Compete

Didn't know anybody was interested, but to quell the clamor... she recently discovered an allergy to glutin, which has been messing her up since indoor season.

I hadn't been to this forum in awhile, but I can tell you she's glad to have figured out what has been ailing her all season.

Outdoors were probably pretty painful for her, especially running with the way her stomach was, but it's a testament to her team-first attitude that she sucked it up until NCAA Regionals.

I'm happy you all enjoyed the story, but my main focus was her indoor accomplishments... didn't really want to mention how she tailed off during outdoors, but we just found out about the allergy about two weeks ago.

Hopefully she'll be back at full-strength next fall.
Mad Props to UDBerg09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBrian (06-08-2009)
Old 06-08-2009, 01:03 PM

ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Berg - Many thanks for the update. Just judging from afar, it would seem Ashley has a pretty competitive demeanor, and is not one to miss the competition without good reason. A good summer of training could put her right up there with the elite runners nationally.

Got to give some props to Maureen Bulgrin as well. She went over to Cedarville and just missed qualifying for Louisville by a second in the 5K. Had to be a real disappointment but she should be strong come next fall as well. She really dropped her times a lot this past year.

Future Flyer Christine Borchers (Versailles) won the Ohio state D-III shot over the weekend. Also placed fifth in the discus.

Another future Flyer - Katie Nageotte of Olmstead Falls - went 12' 8" to set a new Owens stadium and D-1 state meet record in the D-I pole vault. She already owns the all time Ohio state record at 13' which she did last weekend at the regionals. The Flyer record is around 12' 6". Siebenaller and Nageotte will make quite a pair next season in the pole vault.
Nageotte's winning vault -
http://blog.cleveland.com/hs/2009/06...irlvaultto.jpg

Charlotte is losing a lot of their talent. Is this the year we make a serious run at the title?

Last edited by ud69; 06-08-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 12:40 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDBerg09 will become famous soon enough
Beating Charlotte?

That is tough to say. It would seem after four consecutive second-place finishes the team would be poised to take that top spot, but Charlotte is still stacked in the sprints. And they still put up 57.5 more points than we did at outdoors.

They will continue to beat us handily until we can challenge them in the short-distance stuff and add some more depth in the mid-distance events. That's tough to do considering they have been a track power for quite some time, and I believe I've heard they have a scholarship advantage over us... although I'm not sure how that is possible. Maybe they just give more full rides than we do or something.

I like the addition of Nageotte, and am looking forward to seeing how many points the team gets from the field events if everybody is healthy. We have, potentially, the best two vaulters in the conference and the best three shot put throwers. I believe Mallory Barnes is going to keep getting better and we'll continue to be a formidable field team.

Like I said, though, gotta get it done on the track. Losing Amy Kremer and Andrea Cornell to graduation will hurt. I don't know who is going to score in the hurdles, and Kremer had something like eight or more A-10 medals. She was probably the best all-around athlete on the team.

We'll see what happens. I think Cattran's success is going to attract some top-notch talent, especially in Ohio. And Steinwachs' ties to Jenn Stuczynski is probably going to keep the best pole vaulters coming to UD. Either way, the program has come an incredibly long way in just four short years.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:26 PM

Thanked 17,159 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
This used to be a throwaway sport. The athletes knew it, The university knew it, the coaches knew it. There was no secret as to what it was and was not. No one came to run track at UD to be competitive.

Its obvious that athlete, coach, and administrator are all bent on making it a legitimate sport. Does that start with more funding? I assume the folks running in circles at Arkansas and LSU are on full rides.

Its been fun watching the new coach put a personal stamp on things. Impressive.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 PM

MMOC

At today's Midwest Meet of Champions in Jackson Michigan-

Borchers finishes second in the shot
Nageotte wins the pole vault
This meet has the top athletes from Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana

http://www.dyestat.com/?pg=reg4-2009...Champs-Results