User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I think you're contradicting yourself.

If you don't doubt AG's ability to handle it, then you shouldn't worry that the players can handle it.
Wrong. Who says it's not being "handled" even if it doesn't give you/me the outcome we desire?There are varying ways to handle this just like AG handled it with the cancerous player(s) when he got here..He sat down with guys and told them how it was being done. Those players had a choice how to handle and so will these players.

He sent them packing or told them not to let the door hit them in the ass at the expense of not losing the rest of the team. You think every decision he makes this season is going to put a smile on every player? Of course not yet you and a few others believe none of that seems to matter or that because they're all good buddies they're oblivious to wanting to also excel on a personal level.....

Look, we're simply having discussions here about the team we all follow. I'd like for this season to be perfect as far as an A10 title, top 20 team and a NCAA team but when has ANY season in the recent past and beyond been without turmoil, issues, stress, misfortune, etc.?

Last edited by steve; 07-30-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I think those of you really concerned about playing time need to relax. These guys are not 5 star players sitting on the bench at UK or Duke. The transfers for the most part were already sitting on the bench. Playing time will be much better here than at their previous schools. They seem to really like each other which helps a lot. Everyone will get an opportunity because there are no 5 stars in front of them. Obi is great, the rest are just good. Play hard and you will get your opportunity, simple as that.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-30-2019), San Diego Flyer (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 07:01 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
I think those of you really concerned about playing time need to relax. These guys are not 5 star players sitting on the bench at UK or Duke. The transfers for the most part were already sitting on the bench. Playing time will be much better here than at their previous schools. They seem to really like each other which helps a lot. Everyone will get an opportunity because there are no 5 stars in front of them. Obi is great, the rest are just good. Play hard and you will get your opportunity, simple as that.
Hard nose defense and sharing the ball on offense will go a long way to snagging minutes. Don't forget who your tenured players are.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-03-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 10:33 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe somebody should start a starting 5 prediction poll.

I would guess opening starters are going to be

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-31-2019), Gazoo (07-31-2019), John C. (07-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 10:48 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga
That’d be my pick as well.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-03-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 11:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga
I think it goes one of two ways... big or small.

Small:

Crutcher
Chatman
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin

Big:

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga

I think the wild card is Chase... If he is eligible from the jump, he might start in that 5th spot after Jalen, Ibi, Ryan & Obi.
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-03-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 01:02 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
I think it goes one of two ways... big or small.

Small:

Crutcher
Chatman
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin

Big:

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga

I think the wild card is Chase... If he is eligible from the jump, he might start in that 5th spot after Jalen, Ibi, Ryan & Obi.
You hit on something that really has me excited about this season, and that is the lineup flexibility that we haven’t seen in (what seems like) forever.

We have 3 guys who can play the 5 (Obi, Jordy, and Moulaye), 4 guys who can play the 4 (Obi, Chase, Ryan, and Trey), possibly 5 guys who can play the 3 (Chase, Ryan, Trey, Jhery, and Ibi), at least 3 guys who can play the 2 (Jhery, Ibi, and Dwayne), and 3 guys who can play the point (Dwayne, Jalen, and Rodney). Depending on who’s playing well for us and who’s playing well for the opponent, the number of potential combinations is staggering. You could just as easily see a lineup of Jordy, Obi, Ryan, Ibi, and Jalen as you could a lineup of Obi, Trey, Jhery, Ibi, and Jalen, or Jordy, Chase, Ibi, Dwayne, and Rodney. Or...

And that’s what has me excited. For at least this year, we’ll have no more keeping a guy in, even if he’s playing poorly, because “he’s all we got.”
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2019, 08:40 AM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Depending on who’s playing well for us and who’s playing well for the opponent, the number of potential combinations is staggering.

1,287 I believe, if you include walkons. The same as it is every year with 13 players on the roster.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (08-01-2019), SLUFLYER (08-13-2019), SoTier Flyer (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 09:02 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,462 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga
A lot think Obi will start at the 5, and although I think we will see him at times at the 5, I also think we will see him at the 3 if he’s hitting his threes and it causes match up problems for the defender. However, I think this is were we start the year. Lots of interchangeable parts.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:51 AM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Starters:
Cohill
Mikesell
Crutcher
Matos
Toppin

All defense:
Chatman
Watson
Matos
Toppin
Johnson

All newbie team (the most to prove with high hopes).
Tshimanga
Sissoko
Chatman
Watson
Johnson

The best part of this exercise is realizing how tough the choices are. We are deep.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:00 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
1,287 I believe, if you include walkons. The same as it is every year with 13 players on the roster.
If all players are treated equally the number of combinations is way more than 1287. It is more like 13x12x11x10x9=154,440.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
SoTier Flyer (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 10:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
A lot think Obi will start at the 5, and although I think we will see him at times at the 5, I also think we will see him at the 3 if he’s hitting his threes and it causes match up problems for the defender. However, I think this is were we start the year. Lots of interchangeable parts.
Obi will be a 4 most of the time for a lot of reasons, including that’s where he will play in at the pro level and we now have Jordy and Moulaye inside. More of a stretch 4. I’m sure this has been discussed with obi and the staff.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Although I like the idea of Crutcher and Chatman being on the floor at the same time, I don't think they will both start because of the PG rotation. I think the two of them will be on the court together much more as the game wears on versus at the start of the game.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 11:13 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
That's ignoring the impact of floor spacing. Obi isn't going to be able to take advantage of his size if the paint is clogged up from the 4 & 5 spots. We ran into trouble with this with Cunningham at the 5 and Obi at the 4 last season.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:42 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Starters:
Crutcher
Chatman
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin

15-25 minute players:
Landers
Jordy

10-20 minute players:
Matos

5-15 minute players:
Sissoko
Cohill

I think Chase Johnson once eligible falls into the 10-20 minute bracket with a shot of being in the 15-25 if he is healthy and effective. I think he'll primarily steal minutes from Sissoko. Obi will be jumping tip and Mikesell with start on the floor as the 5th year senior leader.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
If all players are treated equally the number of combinations is way more than 1287. It is more like 13x12x11x10x9=154,440.
I think that's only if you specify which position each player plays. Like, a team with Crutcher at center and Obi at point would be different from the same team with Obi at center and Crutcher at point.

Google the formula "nCr" where you have "13 Choose 5" at a site like calculatorsoup.com and the answer is 1,287.

I can't wait to see Figgie's combination plus/minuses!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-31-2019), SoTier Flyer (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 01:08 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna go a little outside the box on starters

Crutcher
Chatman
Watson
Matos
Obi
Old 07-31-2019, 01:11 PM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher
Watson
Trey
Mikesell
Obi
Old 07-31-2019, 02:14 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga

We have not had a true center since Big Steve. Tshimanga was getting significant minutes at the 5 at Nebraska. Unless he has regressed from a year ago or is injured, I think he will start.
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
oldfan (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 02:18 PM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Projecting starters is tough, and minutes even tougher.

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Obi
Chase/Jordy

I've been seeing alot of people indicating Cohill is going to get low minutes. I agree minutes will be tough to get and will need split in some fashion between Chatman, Watson, Cohill, Matos and even Trey. But I think Cohill will be right there in that mix, not playing less than the others.

I'm interested to see where Trey fits on the court. He'll be a great locker room leader. I have no idea what to expect with his minutes.
Mad Props to Wallage For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 02:30 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wallage View Post

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Obi
Chase/Jordy

I've been seeing alot of people indicating Cohill is going to get low minutes. I agree minutes will be tough to get and will need split in some fashion between Chatman, Watson, Cohill, Matos and even Trey. But I think Cohill will be right there in that mix, not playing less than the others.

I'm interested to see where Trey fits on the court. He'll be a great locker room leader. I have no idea what to expect with his minutes.
With AG's reputation as a defensive coach I think Cohill/Matos will get more minutes than many are expecting. Cohill was recognized as the top defender last year which is impressive for a freshman

depending on how much man is played next year having someone who can lock down the Kellan Gradys, Marcus Evans on the schedule is important
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lowd&ProUD (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 03:04 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Projecting starting lineups, much less minutes is a crap shot at this point for any outsider (I'm sure the staff and the players have a pretty good idea where they stand). The only player I feel 100% confident in is Obi playing a ton. After that.....

Crutcher, almost as much a lock as Obi, but we have to see how Chatman fits into the puzzle, I expect them to split minutes at the point (with Crutch getting at least 25 per night) and perhaps picking up some time at SG as well.

Watson, if he's as good as Bucky indicates, as good as I hear from other people who've seen multiple practices indicate, as good as his teammates seem to hint at, its hard to see him not picking up big minutes at either the 2 or 3.

Cohill, Matos, Mikesell, Landers..... that's a lot of mouths to feed at the 2 & 3 spot for a limited number of minutes.

When is Chase eligible? If he gets cleared from day 1, and is as good as advertised, he could steal minutes at the 3, or the 4 with Obi playing the 3 some. Jordy seems like a lock to get at least 15-20 min a night in the post, perhaps even more; I don't expect to see a ton from the frosh.

Its never a bad thing to have too much talent, and there is certainly a lot of guys who could play multiple spots on the team, but at the end of the day, the rotation is likely going to be trimmed to 8 or 9 guys by the time march rolls around. Assuming health, there's going to be a player or 2 that is seeing less time than they had hoped.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:12 PM
General

I'm curious to see how Obi is paired up with Jordy and what the spacing is on offense

If there are enough shooters/playmakers on the perimeter if he's the lone big it could set him up for some 1 on 1 match ups in the paint playing a 4 out 1 in

It'd be a lot tougher to zone
Old 07-31-2019, 04:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Sean Damaska Grad Asst.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...b7AluEGSRnD6H/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (08-01-2019), Shawnee2 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wallage View Post

Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Obi
Chase/Jordy

I agree with this. Coach has a lot of equity in Crutcher, Cohill, Landers, Toppin, and Mikesell. To begin the season, I think he leans heavily on his returning veterans to get the ship started on course in OOC. While gradually feeding the newbies into the mix. I am enamored with the feedback about Ibi's shooting, but it's just hearsay until we see it in a game. Good problems to have.
Whacker (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 08:30 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Ibi will be the starter at the 3-slot, not Trey Landers...love Trey but his inability to hit the outside shot creates too much collateral impact on the big guys. Trey will get some minutes at the 2/3/4, but not as a starter.
I'm not ruling out Trey as competent deep threat for this season.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
While a little better his first two years (33.3% and 35.2%), Trey was 9 for 45 from 3 last year, good for a 20% rate. That won't fly.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Trey knows he has to make shots to play, time will tell how much work he has put in. I'm optimistic he has worked hard for his senior year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Whacker (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 09:33 AM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
I think Trey will be back in the 35% 3pt range this year. I think last years slump was an aberration.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
What evidence do you have? He's regressed out there shooting the 3, was terrible last year and there are some Stafford jeweler half-time participants I'd rather have shooting the 3 ball than Trey...
Old 08-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
What evidence do you have? He's regressed out there shooting the 3, was terrible last year and there are some Stafford jeweler half-time participants I'd rather have shooting the 3 ball than Trey...
How about the injury free entire sophomore season? I’m so glad DO and KD didn’t listen to the naysayers.

Is there anything positive you aren’t concerned about for the upcoming season? The great news is Trey’s contributions don’t need to be great for the season to be great. He’s a competitor who has a great attitude and wants to play and contribute. Pretty confident he’ll be a key contributor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Trey is a driven competitor. I'm sure he sees the competition.

I would think that Trey's Freshman experience in trying and failing to get minutes on the court would be indelibly printed in his mind. He worked hard and met that challenge head-on his Soph and Junior years. His 3 point shooting did not hold up, but the other parts of his game did. Now he is faced with an assignment this year that will require him to be average at the arc, or better. If he would just do that, he will insure double digit minutes. He needs hours and hours of shooting on his own.

Trey brings a lot to the table, but I could say the same about Mikesell who is only a 33% lifer from 3pt, but started every game he was healthy. That 33% would be tolerable for Landers. Got to make buckets.
Whacker (08-02-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
How about the injury free entire sophomore season? I’m so glad DO and KD didn’t listen to the naysayers.

Is there anything positive you aren’t concerned about for the upcoming season? The great news is Trey’s contributions don’t need to be great for the season to be great. He’s a competitor who has a great attitude and wants to play and contribute. Pretty confident he’ll be a key contributor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stick to the point which is about 3 point shooting. Evidently, you just have an inability to comprehend. What does his sophomore year have to do with his senior year and what's beneficial in his 3 point shooting ability? I don't want a 20% guy shooting 3's on my team unless he shows significant improvement in practice.

Plenty of things TL does well but perimeter shooting ain't one of them. Now I'm sure you'll tell me how you saw him in an open gym hitting 3 after 3 or how he's beat several players playing horse..

Last edited by steve; 08-01-2019 at 03:29 PM..
Old 08-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I would think that Trey's Freshman experience in trying and failing to get minutes on the court would be indelibly printed in his mind. He worked hard and met that challenge head-on his Soph and Junior years. His 3 point shooting did not hold up, but the other parts of his game did. Now he is faced with an assignment this year that will require him to be average at the arc, or better. If he would just do that, he will insure double digit minutes. He needs hours and hours of shooting on his own.

Trey brings a lot to the table, but I could say the same about Mikesell who is only a 33% lifer from 3pt, but started every game he was healthy. That 33% would be tolerable for Landers. Got to make buckets.
True but I'll give Mikesell a break after his hip injuries from the previous season..In fact, in his first 10 games last season he shot 42.4% (14-33) from the 3 line and then went thru a 3 game slump (1-12). Starting back in Jan . 2019 thru the rest of the year he shot 37.1%.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Any guess that doesn't include Ryan/Obi/Jalen is wrong. Those three have earned it.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:29 PM
General

Assuming Sissko as freshman is probably going to play the fewest minutes next year, who's going to play the next fewest?
Old 08-01-2019, 03:36 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Jerry Palm as UD in the field, playing in Dayton (first 4)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/

VCU a 5, Davidson a 7.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Any guess that doesn't include Ryan/Obi/Jalen is wrong. Those three have earned it.
Best player plays...period. Past performance does not earn you spots this year. Don't get me wrong, I think these 3 will start, but I do not want their spot given to them.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:01 PM
General

Originally Posted by Medford View Post

VCU a 5, Davidson a 7.
Nebraska Omaha as a 15

St. Mary's a 5

Georgia as first 4 out
Old 08-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Brigadier General

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Stick to the point which is about 3 point shooting. Evidently, you just have an inability to comprehend. What does his sophomore year have to do with his senior year and what's beneficial in his 3 point shooting ability? I don't want a 20% guy shooting 3's on my team unless he shows significant improvement in practice.

Plenty of things TL does well but perimeter shooting ain't one of them. Now I'm sure you'll tell me how you saw him in an open gym hitting 3 after 3 or how he's beat several players playing horse..
Sophomore 3 point shooting was exactly my point as was the reference to former players you undoubtably think you could beat in horse. Trey has a history of an acceptable 3 of Percentage for an entire year ( I typed it more slowly this time so you could more easily follow along and possibly understand the correlation).

Pretty sure Trey’s proven work ethic also has him in the gym working on his shot. You seem to know otherwise about a whole lot of things since you offer so many definitive opinions that you state as fact.

I’m not one who sees Trey starting or playing more than 15-20 minutes a game but I do feel he will be a very solid contributor to the team’s success this year. You are free to continue to convince yourself otherwise.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-01-2019, 05:10 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Agreed. It likely comes down to Ibi, Jordy, Jhery for the other 2.

I’ll go with OT,IW,JC,RM,JM. I think we’ll play fast and small out to gate to start the games in the ooc. My other personality thinks we may start out with the lineup that will matchup best against the Maui field to give them as much time to gel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Opening night starters

Jalen
Ibi
Trey
Mikesell
Obi

I think this is your most likely “opening night” starting 5. At some point Jhery moves in for Trey and if Chase is also good as advertised he pushes Mikesell or forces him to slide down to the 3. This team is going to RUN. Tshimanga will have an impact but he will have them in short spurts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by RamodWaleskowski; 08-02-2019 at 02:21 AM..
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (08-10-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 06:51 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
All of these lineup combinations sure beats the crap out of “we have Darrel Davis coming off the bench and then we have Bobby Wehrli” don’t it?
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (08-02-2019), jack72 (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Assuming Sissko as freshman is probably going to play the fewest minutes next year, who's going to play the next fewest?
My best guess would be Cohill or Matos.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
All of these lineup combinations sure beats the crap out of “we have Darrel Davis coming off the bench and then we have Bobby Wehrli” don’t it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Careful. That team was REALLY good. A couple of bounces from a second straight Sweet 16.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (08-02-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Something that we probably won't hear this season toward the end of each game,

"The Flyers look gassed!"
Old 08-02-2019, 01:53 PM

True but I'll give Mikesell a break after his hip injuries from the previous season..In fact, in his first 10 games last season he shot 42.4% (14-33) from the 3 line and then went thru a 3 game slump (1-12). Starting back in Jan . 2019 thru the rest of the year he shot 37.1%.
It's a game of streaks from the arc. If a player shoots 50%, never does he go all year making 1 of 2 throughout.

Ryan was a 33% shooter for 3 full seasons, counting hot streaks, injury, surgery, rehab, et al.. During his medical redshirt year he was probably 33% in the practice gym. I would wager he wants to do more than that for whole season, but history says he won't.

We can't cherry pick the good and ignore the bad over 3 full seasons. Landers would be effective with 33% for 2019/20.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Brigadier General

It's a game of streaks from the arc. If a player shoots 50%, never does he go all year making 1 of 2 throughout.

Ryan was a 33% shooter for 3 full seasons, counting hot streaks, injury, surgery, rehab, et al.. During his medical redshirt year he was probably 33% in the practice gym. I would wager he wants to do more than that for whole season, but history says he won't.

We can't cherry pick the good and ignore the bad over 3 full seasons. Landers would be effective with 33% for 2019/20.
Trey just has to be respected when at the 3 point line. He doesn’t have to be 40% or shoot lots of them or be option 1-3 in the flow of the offense. If he can make a third of them and shoot them in the flow and confines of the offense, both of which he did in his Soph season, that can open up a lot for him and the the rest of the O when he’s on the court. I always wondered how spectacular London Warren could have been if he had been no better than this with his outside
shooting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM

VCU a 5, Davidson a 7.
Pardon my angst, but the first four is beginning to feel like the CIT/CBA for us.
It's a tough road if you really want to go somewhere in the tournament.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe the NCAA would put us in the First Four after all the controversy the last time. But, then again, they have done dumber things.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (10-04-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Major General

I think you certainly can not disregard a player coming off of 2 hip surgeries a year prior, having to get his legs back and steadily improving from the 3 line. UD played 30 plus games and he went thru a terrible 3 game stretch. I'll take that rather consistent line of games from anyone..Does it make RM an excellent perimeter shooter? Certainly not but I think any rational UD fan would not put those 2 even in the same category when watching them or even needing one of them to make a 3 pointshot.

Trey was not a year ago nor much his soph. season ever even get guarded from the 3 line and won't this year until he hits a couple.It probably affected not only his shot from there last year because the worst thing a player can do is hesitate which he did out of surprise at not being guarded but it also took away his drive to the bucket with defenders collapsing.

Plenty of things Landers does well and UD won't have the year they want to have this year without his toughness , defense, leadership and ability to work around the rim and get to the hoop......
Old 08-02-2019, 03:07 PM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Ryan is the rare exception to this useful rule of thumb. I would look this up on the UD website but it's currently listing the 2017-2018 game stats only, but, I think there is probably not a 5 game rolling stretch of games where he shot more than 40% and less than 25%. With such a small number of draws, it has to be statistically significant.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:15 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I can't believe the NCAA would put us in the First Four after all the controversy the last time. But, then again, they have done dumber things.
Wasn't there something put out that UD would just get pushed into the main field after the Boise game by the NCAA?
Old 08-02-2019, 03:44 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn't there something put out that UD would just get pushed into the main field after the Boise game by the NCAA?

There was a new procedure implemented for ranking teams which would allow that to happen more easily, but I can't remember the details.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute

VCU a 5, Davidson a 7.
I’m just not understanding the differential the national media is putting between UD and VCU. VCU lost Mobley and another reserve player. UD lost Davis and Cunningham. Yes, we lost more, however it is a fair guess that Davis left because others were going to eat into his time. I’ll take Chatman and Ibi over Davis. No one is expecting Jordy to replace Cunningham but he does bring an element Cunningham didn’t have which is size inside. Add in Obi improving, Crutcher not needing to play 35 minutes, Matos, and Chase Johnson and I believe we are well positioned to beat VCU. Yet, VCU is a five seed and UD is either barely in or barely out. Go,figure.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:58 PM
General

Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I’m just not understanding the differential the national media is putting between UD and VCU. VCU lost Mobley and another reserve player. UD lost Davis and Cunningham. Yes, we lost more, however it is a fair guess that Davis left because others were going to eat into his time. I’ll take Chatman and Ibi over Davis. No one is expecting Jordy to replace Cunningham but he does bring an element Cunningham didn’t have which is size inside. Add in Obi improving, Crutcher not needing to play 35 minutes, Matos, and Chase Johnson and I believe we are well positioned to beat VCU. Yet, VCU is a five seed and UD is either barely in or barely out. Go,figure.
VCU brings essentially returns everyone from a team that went 16-2. Ibi, Jordy and Chase didn't have much production at their last stops so they look like question marks to the national folks
Old 08-03-2019, 08:44 AM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
VCU brings essentially returns everyone from a team that went 16-2. Ibi, Jordy and Chase didn't have much production at their last stops so they look like question marks to the national folks
Fair statement. It does look like Palm and the other national scribes are looking more at collegiate stats at their first stops, while we’re looking more at prep ratings and the Jordan Sibert Experience (underperforming in the B1G, then tearing it up for our Flyers). Will Ibi be the second coming of Sibert, or the second coming of Mickey Perry? No one knows for sure yet, but trusted observers (Bucky, and others) figure him to have a great impact this year. I’ll trust the observers who’ve seen Ibi and the rest here on campus.

I certainly trust Palm’s projections more than most, but I definitely think his First Four prediction has a lot of “wait and see” in it. For my part, I can’t wait to see!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Using last year as a guide, VCU was a #8 seed in the NCAA, while UD was a #5 seed in the NIT. On paper, both should be better this year, but VCU is the proven commodity at this point.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:34 AM

The press and talking heads are always going to be in a "what have you done for me lately" mode. We could have changed the whole narrative by winning two close games against VCU.
Also reversing a pathetic A10 Tourney loss to SLU. And finally an NIT loss to Colorado.

Realty can leave a sting for a long time. We have to earn the respect. We were very good a getting close last season.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (08-03-2019), jack72 (08-03-2019), John C. (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,462 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
As you all know, I’m really a volleyball fan that follows UD Men’s b-ball in the “off-season”, so forgive another vball comment. I’ve been looking at Vball’s OOC schedule and trying to learn everything I can about the opponents to see if UD has a realistic shot at winning these matches. There are 14 teams to review. It’s a HUGE undertaking. Not hours of looking up and reading websites...days. And, I’m not done yet. So imagine someone who isn't a fan of the A10 teams and only watched a handful of games over the last 3-4 years and researching the hundreds of potential recruits and those who eventually sign with a school, etc. Then take that times every conference the person previews. It’s massive amounts of website page clicks. The only way I can think to do it at the level of expertise some of you appear to think these National writers should have, is to have 2-3 fans or people like Chris R who they could call for each team to find out “on-the-ground” info on each team. That’s 200-300 phone calls to cover 100 teams. It’s a lot to have that level of knowledge. Instead you get the 20,000 foot view and that puts Dayton in the 3rd-4th finish prediction right now.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
@JonRothstein
Well embedded moles in Ohio believe Dayton may have three transfers --- Rodney Chatman (UTC), Ibi Watson (Michigan), and Jordy Tshimanga (Nebraska) --- in its 19-20 starting five. Add Jalen Crutcher and Obi Toppin and that's a Top 40 team.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-03-2019), Flyer Al (08-03-2019), frisco flyer (08-03-2019), Fudd (08-05-2019), Glen Clark (08-04-2019), jack72 (08-03-2019), Jeff (08-10-2019), OSU Flyer (08-03-2019), springborofan (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 03:25 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t see Chatman starting, but I agree with the rest. I actually think if things break just right we will be a T25 team after Maui.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:48 PM
General

I'm not sure who's gonna start but I'm sure whoever ends up starting is going to be good

I think the biggest challenge Coach Grant has this year is chemistry and balancing egos with only so many minutes to go around.

The 4 transfers coming in this year didn't come to UD to play limited minutes off the bench. We've got 2 seniors who've given the heart, soul and their body to the Flyers for the last 4-5 years. We've got a sophomore who was a borderline Top 100 player out of school.

Something is gonna have to give. Chemistry and culture sounded like it was great last year but in today's world of 900+ transfers a year can you keep people happy if they don't get what they want.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
I don’t see Chatman starting, but I agree with the rest. I actually think if things break just right we will be a T25 team after Maui.
I think that's a fair assessment, but we have to start better in Maui than we started last season in Charleston. That 1-2 record included a win over what turned out to be fools gold by a season long struggling Butler. A great effort against a superb Virginia club, which goes down as a L. And finally a loss to a melting OU which went through a 4-9 stretch in the schedule, and never lived up to it's pre-season billing.

We really need a 2-1 showing in Maui to keep from fighting up hill all season. We face St Mary's after Maui, but that's better than Miss St/Auburn/Tulsa last year.

We have a chance to make an early mark. Let's do it.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:01 PM
General

Potential Maui opponent UCLA was picked to finish 6th in the PAC12 and listed as his Sleeper Pick
Old 08-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,569 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
@JonRothstein
Well embedded moles in Ohio believe Dayton may have three transfers --- Rodney Chatman (UTC), Ibi Watson (Michigan), and Jordy Tshimanga (Nebraska) --- in its 19-20 starting five. Add Jalen Crutcher and Obi Toppin and that's a Top 40 team.
That is a lot of "new blood" to be able to gel into a top team early, if it is even true. But I like the mystery of what we are about to behold. I'm excited.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:02 PM
1st Lieutenant

Muckem333 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by djsully082 View Post
So kind of like the content I put out for almost every game on BBR?
Can vouch. Sully, your podcasts with Kyle Davis, Bobby Wherle and Bonsu/Gruden were just the thing I needed to feed my addiction during the offseason.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Muckem333 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (08-05-2019), Jeff (08-10-2019), OSU Flyer (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 06:19 PM
General

@EvanDaniels
Mike Peake is reclassifying to the 2019 class and has committed to Georgia, he tells
@247Sports
. Played for Mokan Elite this summer.

Georgia adds its 7th freshman for next year. Gonna be a young team when UD gets them
Old 08-05-2019, 07:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
@EvanDaniels
Mike Peake is reclassifying to the 2019 class and has committed to Georgia, he tells
@247Sports
. Played for Mokan Elite this summer.

Georgia adds its 7th freshman for next year. Gonna be a young team when UD gets them
Mike is a nice player. He played for my good friend and HS teammate, Ed Fritz at Blue Valley NW in Overland Park, KS. They’ve won the past 3 Kansas State titles.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (08-05-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Dana O'Neil had a college basketball mailbag at The Athletic and, while I will not post the content of the article as it from a subscription site, I will pass along the details of a particular question she was asked. The question was which non-P5/BE/American teams should stir fear into the hearts of schools from those conferences come March. All three of her teams were A-10 teams: VCU, Davidson, and Dayton. Said it would be AG's best team so far.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-07-2019), EliteEight (08-07-2019), Flyer 86 (09-24-2019), Glen Clark (08-07-2019), jack72 (08-07-2019), Medford (08-07-2019), OSU Flyer (08-07-2019), Runnin' Rebel (08-07-2019), TommyGola (08-07-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 09:14 PM
General

@drewjay
Breaking: BYU basketball star Yoeli Childs will miss the first 9 games of the 2019-20 season due to an alleged paperwork snafu when he declared for the NBA draft last May, then decided to return to BYU after testing the waters.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:18 PM
General

VCU Preview
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...l-preview-2020

Colorado Preview
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...o-preview-2020

Davidson Preview
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...l-2020-preview
shapanud (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 09:14 AM
General

@drewjay
Breaking: BYU basketball star Yoeli Childs will miss the first 9 games of the 2019-20 season due to an alleged paperwork snafu when he declared for the NBA draft last May, then decided to return to BYU after testing the waters.

As we all know, when it comes to the NCAA, it's all about the kids.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
#21 St Mary's Preview
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...mpression=true
Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:47 PM
General

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
As we all know, when it comes to the NCAA, it's all about the kids.
Childs needs Tubby Smith's magical fax

You've heard about it by now, right? The Immaculate Fax, missing for seven months, that Smith suddenly discovered? According to Smith, the fax that was lost on an airplane, or else it was lost on his desk, or maybe both -- oh, don't bother the man with the details of a coherent explanation -- has now been found. Whoever said miracles are easily explained?

The bottom line is that the fax materialized in Randolph Morris' -- and Kentucky's -- hour of acute need. It helped the 6-foot-10 center regain his eligibility for the second half of this season after he'd been suspended for the entire year just last week.

https://www.espn.com/espn/columns/st...pat&id=2261251
Old 08-13-2019, 07:09 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by bcross View Post
That's ignoring the impact of floor spacing. Obi isn't going to be able to take advantage of his size if the paint is clogged up from the 4 & 5 spots. We ran into trouble with this with Cunningham at the 5 and Obi at the 4 last season.
That will be the beauty of pairing Obi and Ryan at the 3 and 4 slots. Both of them are capable of sliding out to hit the deep ball, which will give Jordy lots of opportunities to dominate down low, 1-on-1, against a smaller opponent, with less help defense. The offense just needs to be drawn up to take advantage of those matchups/situations.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2019, 09:21 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
That will be the beauty of pairing Obi and Ryan at the 3 and 4 slots. Both of them are capable of sliding out to hit the deep ball, which will give Jordy lots of opportunities to dominate down low, 1-on-1, against a smaller opponent, with less help defense. The offense just needs to be drawn up to take advantage of those matchups/situations.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jordy Tshimanga will have to contend with St. Mary’s 7’1” 250 Jock Perry, 7’3” 265 Aaron Menzies and 6’10” 240 Mathias Tass. Georgia with 6’11” 245 Rodney Howard. Colorado with 7’0” 235 Dallas Walton and 6’10 240 Frank Ryder. Do I need to give more examples? He will not be playing against smaller opponents in every game. How about, let’s say, in every important game, he will be playing people as big or bigger than himself.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
hawkoooo (08-13-2019), m21eagle45 (08-13-2019), oldfan (08-13-2019), San Diego Flyer (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Kansas and Michigan State are your top two, St. Mary’s 20, Colorado 24, VCU next in line
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...top-25-2019-20
Oh yeah, the Norwood fighting Frenchman, 21st.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
5 potential top 25 games. Neil keep scheduling away games if that’s what it gets us
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...XHoZ0u6dxUYWL/

These are quotes from outgoing strength coach, Ed Streit on the some of the players. Enjoy!

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 08-13-2019 at 04:40 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (08-14-2019), fuz_forward (08-14-2019), hawkoooo (08-14-2019), OSU Flyer (09-02-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 AM

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
NBC top 30

SMC 17
VCU 24
Davidson 26
Colorado 29

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....season-top-25/
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (09-02-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Old friend Jordan Pierce has transferred to UT-Martin:

Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanHoops

UT Martin’s Anthony Stewart has added Oklahoma transfer big man Hannes Polla (2 years left) & also Jordan Pierce — a 7-foot, 300-pounder from Odessa JC who started college career at Dayton. Pierce also with two to play, and can play this season. Polla might be eligible this year.

Pierce was listed at 265 lbs. in the UD Media Guide so so he has put on 35 pounds of non-muscle since he left.

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 08-24-2019 at 09:11 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-24-2019), Gazoo (08-26-2019), Justin (09-12-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 03:05 PM
General

Tom Crean is going on to be on Jon Rothstein's podcast this week if you want a break down of Georgia
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Busting Brackets has a preview of the Flyers. Not too in-depth but still has good insights throughout the article. The only nit-picky thing I have about it is this statement in the conclusion section.
Anthony Grant hasn’t utilized his bench much in recent seasons, ranking 336th and 326th the last two seasons in bench minutes. But with the depth of talent on the roster, there’s a strong argument to be made that he should adjust this approach.
This "approach" was due to a lack of depth not a conscious decision to only play a set group of players. But that will surely not be the case this year and his flexibility will cause those numbers to improve.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyhi524 (09-12-2019), Justin (09-12-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Brigadier General

It would be too difficult to do a poll thread for the SL given the number of possibilities, but perhaps we could do a contest with some sort of reward for anyone who guess right in a thread? Pride+ for a month, a date with Rollo, pizza with UDScott, some swag, etc? Chris any thoughts?

I made a guess (I think somewhere pages back in this thread but I'd like to amend). Going really outside the box here with a combo I haven't seen but makes a lot of sense if you think about it:

Crutcher
Landers
Mikesell
Toppin
Tshimanga
Old 09-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Starting lineup game 1 or starting lineup at the end of the year? Most likely will not be the same.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
With Johnson
Crutcher
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Johnson

W/O Johnson
Crutcher
Matos
Watson
Mikesell
Toppin
Old 09-15-2019, 08:58 PM

Here is another Busting Brackets preview. This one lost me when the writer thinks Landers will be in the starting 5. I just don't see that happening.

Last edited by Flyer Al; 09-15-2019 at 09:00 PM..
Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 09:46 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
Here is another Busting Brackets preview. This one lost me when the writer thinks Landers will be in the starting 5. I just don't see that happening.

Landers will start game 1 of the season. Book it.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
In the last two months I've read 37 books, played hundreds of computer
chess games, washed my car twice a day and wrote letters to distant relatives. I need Flyer basketball to get underway...soon!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DGO67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-16-2019), Muckem333 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Incorrect..
Old 09-16-2019, 04:19 PM
Major

Correction:

Landers will start 1 game this season. Senior night. Book it.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TheDuke2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (09-16-2019), EliteEight (09-16-2019), jack72 (09-16-2019), UDGutter2 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 07:53 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Incorrect..
The last 4+ year scholarship players to not start, but play in, game 1 of their senior season, were Paul Williams and Luke Fabrizius, back in 2010-11. Prior to that, would be the 2004-05 season with Marques Bennett and James Cripe.

The starting line up for the 2010-11 season was Parker, Dillard, Chris Johnson, Kavanaugh and Benson.

Fabrizius is the last 4 year scholarship player who came off the bench more than he was a starter in his senior year. 12 starts, 18 bench.

Stats provided by Figstats.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (09-17-2019), Flyer 86 (09-24-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 11:04 AM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
I listened to the Jon Rothstein podcast with Georgia's Tom Crean
- 10 new players on Georgia
- one if the best if not the best classes Crean has had
- Anthony Edwards is better today as freshman than his other players he has had as a freshman (Dwayne? Wade, Olidepo?) he has "the athleticism, strength, balance, explosion ... he is at a different level" ... he is 18 years old this August
- Shot leader, and team leader will be Donnell Gresham (Northeasterm)
- Rothstein: “I’m going on record right now, the sleeper game in November is the Ga against Dayton game, in the Maui Invitational, because Dayton is a team, no one is talking about, that is a sleeper top 40 team game with pro Obi Toppin … for the basketball junkie that is the sleeper game in November”
Crean: I don’t disagree, I know they won’t be sleeping, I’ve seen them on film … they get the ball inside and they really are really physical”
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to marco red eagle For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-17-2019), CT Flyer (09-17-2019), CvilleFlyer (09-17-2019), Flyer 86 (09-24-2019), Fudd (09-19-2019), jack72 (09-17-2019), Muckem333 (09-17-2019), OSU Flyer (09-17-2019), Radar (09-19-2019), thachief (09-17-2019), THirt (09-17-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 12:03 PM
General

Toumani Camara: Word out of Georgia is not that just Anthony Edwards is getting buckets but also that Camara has impressed each time that he has hit the floor. The giant wing-forward has a bevy of ball skills in his bag and fits the modern, positionless game to a tee. The native of Belgium might be need another year or two before the NBA comes calling but Camara has a chance to make the leap after this season thanks to what Tom Crean has done with such prospects in recent years.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-one-and-dones

Former Dayton recruit now with Maui opponent Georgia mentioned as a sleeper 1&done

I believe AG was in on him early so another sign the staff has a good eye for talent
Old 09-19-2019, 12:04 PM
General

guarding Anthony Edwards sounds like a job for Matos
Flyer 86 (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 01:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Jablonski article after attending workouts yesterday
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...ChXS4OrqsMRtI/

Another about the 3 point line
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...tG5giZ3IgOivNA

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 09-24-2019 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: add article
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (09-24-2019), Fairborn Fan (09-25-2019), Flyer 86 (09-24-2019), fuz_forward (09-25-2019), jack72 (09-24-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Staff Writer

The transfer waivers are starting to roll in from the NCAA. Hopefully Chase Johnson will get his shortly.

Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanHoops

SIUE got the news from the NCAA that Tulsa transfer Zeke Moore received a waiver to play this season.

Huge news for UNLV. Utah transfer Donnie Tillman has received a waiver to play this season.
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 03:13 PM

NBC Sports picks a Dayton non-conference game as one of the 33 best in College Basketball. I won't spoil the surprise.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....-in-2019-2020/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (10-02-2019), Glen Clark (10-02-2019), jack72 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
NBC Sports picks a Dayton non-conference game as one of the 33 best in College Basketball. I won't spoil the surprise.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....-in-2019-2020/

Interesting that Davidson and VCU also have games on this list.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Shawnee2 (11-07-2019)