UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
The biggest problem with hoops today is that there are
too many refs with the Rollo approach.....no harm, no foul.
Where is that listed as an option in rule book. A foul
is a foul......period.
A foul is always a foul...except when it's not. It's that easy.

Kinda like how the UD v Wright State MLK Day game is a great idea...except when it's not.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Thanked 6,124 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Don't change the argument. It's not about AG. You were so certain the X way of promoting an assistant was the way to go. Now, 9 games in, you are ready to kick him to the side. I know SeasonTicketFan that it is too early to judge Steele. I also know that it is a cr@p shoot hiring any head coach. Circumstances are always different. What p!sses me off the most is "expert" fans that are so quick to judge what is wrong but really can't offer a definitive better solution - because there can't be one.
Was not 100% certain on Steele, I am rarely 100% certain of anything. But, I still think Steele was the right choice, although, I am still not 100% sure he will work out...do not understand why any coach would leave their best 3 point shooter on the bench while trying to mount a comeback, do you want to try to win the game or not?, seems like they gave up and just conceded defeat...I want to see entertaining, never-give-up ball from all teams... all you can do is make an educated guess when hiring a hc...Archie was our best coach in decades, I think a lot of his success would have rubbed off on his assistants...Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc. have successfully used the in-house approach...not happy with what I have seen from AG so far...did not like what I saw from AG pre-UD...would not have hired AG based upon his track record.

I think AG was a low-risk, low-reward choice. He is not awful, but I think we can do better.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
...did not like what I saw from AG pre-UD...would not have hired AG based upon his track record.
you seem to be from the school that says "if you say it often enough, then it must be true".... Or maybe you are still trying to convince yourself? I doubt you are having any effect on Flyer fans.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I think AG was a low-risk, low-reward choice. He is not awful, but I think we can do better.
Not saying this will happen, but IF Grant gets these guys to the dance this year and/or next, will you ever admit you were wrong? My suspicion is you’ll find a way to say he had nothing to do with it.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (12-12-2018), Figgie123 (12-10-2018), Gazoo (12-11-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 05:42 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Was not 100% certain on Steele, I am rarely 100% certain of anything. But, I still think Steele was the right choice, although, I am still not 100% sure he will work out...do not understand why any coach would leave their best 3 point shooter on the bench while trying to mount a comeback, do you want to try to win the game or not?, seems like they gave up and just conceded defeat...I want to see entertaining, never-give-up ball from all teams... all you can do is make an educated guess when hiring a hc...Archie was our best coach in decades, I think a lot of his success would have rubbed off on his assistants...Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc. have successfully used the in-house approach...not happy with what I have seen from AG so far...did not like what I saw from AG pre-UD...would not have hired AG based upon his track record.

None of Archie's Assistants have become head coaches anywhere. Not sure if any have interviewed for ahead coach D1 job outside of UD since Archie left. Tom Ostrom did apply for the UD job.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:29 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I just don't understand all the opposition to the concept of having hired one of Archie's assistants to be the next hc, such a move made a lot of sense IMO.

There was a poll on here after Archie left and before AG was hired, and 46% of the poll voters wanted one of Archie's assistants to get the job. That was the winner of the poll, the 2nd place polling option, a hc fired from a top level program(AG), was only at 23% with 31 votes.

136 people voted.

63 people voted for one of Archie's assistants to get the job.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30787
Old 12-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank God that the administration doesn't act based on polls on this or any other forum.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (12-21-2018), The Fly (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 06:10 PM

The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Numbers are funny things. If you add up all the votes for a head coach fired or otherwise, the vote was actually 63-63, though admittedly the 15 votes for Ray Harper were a bit comical.
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-12-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 08:56 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
South Dakota State is up 90 to 33 at the half vs. Savannah State
Old 12-11-2018, 09:46 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Penn over Nova 78-75
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-21-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Not saying this will happen, but IF Grant gets these guys to the dance this year and/or next, will you ever admit you were wrong? My suspicion is you’ll find a way to say he had nothing to do with it.
The goal isn't to get there in the next 2 years. The goal is to be there every year (OK, I'll take 3 out of 4). I expect he'll get us there in the next two years, but getting there (or being on the edge) every year needs to be the expectation. He didn't accomplish that level at Alabama, but I am rooting for him to do better and staying at UD a long time.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (12-12-2018), The Fly (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
I just don't understand all the opposition to the concept of having hired one of Archie's assistants to be the next hc, such a move made a lot of sense IMO.

There was a poll on here after Archie left and before AG was hired, and 46% of the poll voters wanted one of Archie's assistants to get the job. That was the winner of the poll, the 2nd place polling option, a hc fired from a top level program(AG), was only at 23% with 31 votes.

136 people voted.

Context is everything. I think the only reason people wanted Ostrom was because he was attached to mckinley and we had zero PG prospects at the time.

If you removed mckinley from that equation, I dont think anyone really wanted Ostrom. Shorted sited by the fans probably including myself.
Mad Props to shwag33 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill202 View Post
The goal isn't to get there in the next 2 years. The goal is to be there every year (OK, I'll take 3 out of 4).

I won't take the time to do it again, but at one point when someone made this comment previously I looked up some major programs to see how they did over the past 10 years. And guess what: if you're not Duke / Kansas / North Carolina, you better be prepared for 3 out of every 4 years.

So, yeah, I guess we're in that tier "just" below Duke.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bill202 View Post
The goal isn't to get there in the next 2 years. The goal is to be there every year (OK, I'll take 3 out of 4). I expect he'll get us there in the next two years, but getting there (or being on the edge) every year needs to be the expectation. He didn't accomplish that level at Alabama, but I am rooting for him to do better and staying at UD a long time.
That’s obvious. It should be every UD fan’s expectation. My only point is I don’t ever expect to see certain fans give credit where (and if) it’s due.
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post

I'm OK with that!!
Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 12:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I won't take the time to do it again, but at one point when someone made this comment previously I looked up some major programs to see how they did over the past 10 years. And guess what: if you're not Duke / Kansas / North Carolina, you better be prepared for 3 out of every 4 years.

Umm, we aren't there yet.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:49 PM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Umm, we aren't there yet.
Ya think? Maybe you missed my sarcasm emoji or I missed your sarcasm.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:33 PM
General of the Air Force

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Missed it. My bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (12-13-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:40 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This is a pretty big weekend for the A10

Davidson vs. Temple from beautiful Atlantic City
-Temple is 8-2 with wins over Georgia, Mizzou and Cal. Not sure how much mileage this gives Davidson in terms of the at large picture but with their soft schedule they need this

Charleston at VCU
-CAA favorites head to Richmond. This could be a nice win at the end of the season

Sunday brings St. Louis at Houston.
-The Cougars are 9-0 with wins over LSU, Oregon, Oklahoma State and BYU. If the Bills can win here I think this moves them into at large territory
Old 12-15-2018, 05:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Barn burner in Indy right now. Butler up 4 on the Hoosiers midway through the 2nd Half. Bad for our old coach. Good for our current SOS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 06:02 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Last second desperation 3 point shot and Indiana wins.
Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-21-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 06:03 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Got to feel for Bulter. A Bulldog win would’ve been good for us as well.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:03 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Barn burner in Indy right now. Butler up 4 on the Hoosiers midway through the 2nd Half. Bad for our old coach. Good for our current SOS.
Posted via Mobile Device
And IU wins on a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Good for Archie. Bad for our SOS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2018, 06:05 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Good night, that was a contested three from 12 feet behind the arc.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
What an ugly VCU game. COC trying their best to give it away.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
COC beats VCU
Old 12-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Lieutenant General

UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
UR, VCU and Davidson all go down, rough day for the A-10
Old 12-15-2018, 06:54 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Davidson also chokes vs. Temple. Were up 5 during OT. Would've been a really solid win in an otherwise abysmal non conference slate. They also play UNC coming up to be fair.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:58 PM
General

frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Belmont just took down UCLA on the road.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
A10: 0-3 tonight. This conference is garbage this year. We better win13-14 games.
Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 07:05 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
The A10 is ours for the taking. No excellent teams.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:59 PM
General

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Belmont just took down UCLA on the road.
Rick Byrd is awesome, what a play for the game winning shot
Old 12-15-2018, 08:00 PM
General

Richmond loses at home to Oral Roberts
Old 12-15-2018, 08:09 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Richmond loses at home to Oral Roberts
WTF? Is the A-10 really that awful this year? Is this down to us and SLU?

I think we have the physicality this year (finally) to avoid those ridiculous cold shooting defeats at the various HS gyms were forced to travel to.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:50 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
COC beats VCU
Sam Miller off the bench tonight for COC. He had five points.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:10 PM
General

UAB tied with Auburn with 8 min left in 2nd half.

Tied at 63 at the end of regulation...Going to OT

Last edited by frisco flyer; 12-15-2018 at 09:36 PM..
Old 12-15-2018, 09:36 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
UAB hits three 3-pointers in last two minutes to force OT.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Shut out... all three a10 teams lost. What a conference ! Maybe we should be measured by who has the best moral victories! Think we’ll know a lot more about our Flyers ability to compete after tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2018, 09:58 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Auburn hangs on to win by four.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:40 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I read the box score wrong, but I dont think S as m Miller attempted a shot in his 5 minutes of play, but he did collect a foul, a turnover, and as steal.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:46 PM
General

Mississippi State beats UC by 11 in Starkville.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:01 AM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Maybe I read the box score wrong, but I dont think S as m Miller attempted a shot in his 5 minutes of play, but he did collect a foul, a turnover, and as steal.
That’s the Sam I remember. Soft as a marshmallow, jack a few threes then head for the party. Some recruiting class save RM. Two losers and Crosby who tried but, well Delaware State is where he should have gone initially.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2018, 03:20 PM
General of the Air Force

URI is crushing WVU Up 13 under a minute to go. Looks like the UD game will start about 3:45
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Flyers and their Opponents NET Ranking

1. Virginia 9-0 (2)
2. Auburn 8-1 (14)
3. Mississippi St 9-1 (16)
4. Oklahoma 8-1 (18)
5. Butler 7-2 (42)
6. Dayton 5-5 (63)
7. VCU 7-3 (74)
8. St Louis 7-3 (75)
9. Davidson 8-2 (85)
10. Tulsa 9-3 (112)
11. Rhode Island 5-3 (113)
12. St Joseph's 5-5 (122)
13. Georgia Southern 5-3 (123)
14. Duquesne 8-2 (128)
15. UMASS 6-5 (138)
16. G Mason 5-6 (183)
17. N Florida 4-7 (185)
18. Fordham 7-3 (189)
19. W Michigan 4-5 (199)
20. Presbyterian 3-5 (214)
21. Detroit-Mercy 3-8 (225)
22. Purdue FW 4-7 (242)
23. St Bonaventure 4-6 (245)
24. Richmond 4-6 (252)
25. G Washington 3-8 (297)
26. La Salle 0-10 (339)
27. Coppin St 0-12 (353)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (12-19-2018), Flyer 86 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 11:56 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
URI is crushing WVU Up 13 under a minute to go. Looks like the UD game will start about 3:45
Posted via Mobile Device
I was at the URI game yesterday and they looked really good defensively, especially in the second half. I thought offensively they still struggled a bit to get Dowtin involved. Most of his points came on stuff he created for himself either on the offensive end or through his defense. All in all I thought they were much improved from when i saw them play live at Providence. They may still yet be in contention for the top four in the A10.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 08:31 PM
General of the Air Force

X getting destroyed by Mizzo with 10 minutes left.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2018, 08:45 PM
General

Posted via Mobile Device
they look bad. Maybe bottom 3 in the Big East bad
Old 12-18-2018, 11:12 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a shame.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 12:18 AM

Only scored 56 points, hard to win with only 56 points.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Presbyterian might not be an easy get as Butler was in a dog fight with them all night.

I guess Syracuse has decided to start gaining steam in the OOC instead of waiting until the end of the conference schedule. They've now lost two in a row AT HOME (albeit one was to Buffalo who is ranked #14).

How is Oklahoma not ranked yet??? They just keep beating teams that are supposed to compete in their respective conferences.
FlyerGuyer (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I guess Syracuse has decided to start gaining steam in the OOC instead of waiting until the end of the conference schedule. They've now lost two in a row AT HOME (albeit one was to Buffalo who is ranked #14).

LOL, they are really gaining steam early this season and passing the eye test. A .500 record in conference play should punch their ticket to the Dance.

Last edited by FlyerGuyer; 12-19-2018 at 11:25 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-19-2018), Gazoo (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 12:01 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
So your saying they are on the bubble on selection Sunday?
Old 12-19-2018, 12:14 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Presbyterian might not be an easy get as Butler was in a dog fight with them all night.

How is Oklahoma not ranked yet??? They just keep beating teams that are supposed to compete in their respective conferences.
Have you considered that Butler may not be up to their own standards this season?
Old 12-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Have you considered that Butler may not be up to their own standards this season?
No way! They are in the Big Least.... those 5 star recruits are lined up waiting to commit. Probably a few one and done's too.
Gosh I wish we were in the Big Least!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:15 PM
General

They've now lost two in a row AT HOME (albeit one was to Buffalo who is ranked #14).
I was waiting for a game to start and one of the studio analidiots said something like "can you believe Syracuse has lost 2 in a row at home to unranked teams after losing to Buffalo today?"

Then he repeated it, before someone spoke into his ear on the headset and he corrected himself: "excuse me, Buffalo is ranked #20" or whatever they were at the time.

No mention of the fact that Syracuse is unranked, because, well that's just a given that they'll be in the tournament and ranked by year end no matter what.

And Buffalo is just a name on a jersey, not a real basketball team, I'll read about them when I cover the NIT.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
That is entirely possible but we had a battle with them so I'm guessing the Blue Hose game will be a battle for us too.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:11 PM
General

Keith Dambrot just got 2 technical in a tie game with 5 seconds left
Old 12-19-2018, 09:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Dambrot is a bum... That meltdown made me giggle lol
Old 12-19-2018, 09:24 PM
General

As soon he got the first T, he was determined to get the 2nd one even with the coaches and players holding him back

Cost them the game
Old 12-19-2018, 09:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to know what he said to get the first, as it looked like a mighty quick whistle. If the announcer was right and it was because he was out of the coaching box, I expect to see this called consistently on every coach moving forward, which will mean no coach in basketball will see the end of their game.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:45 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
ODU over Richmond 63-54
St. Louis was losing by 8 but now up by 8
Old 12-19-2018, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I would love to know what he said to get the first, as it looked like a mighty quick whistle. If the announcer was right and it was because he was out of the coaching box, I expect to see this called consistently on every coach moving forward, which will mean no coach in basketball will see the end of their game.
^^^This^^^

I’m not even sure that wasn’t a charge rather than a block. With five ticks on the clock, it’s probably a no-call. But at the very least, avoid calling the technical. Other than being out of the box, which at worst usually only draws a warning, he was too far away to have done anything other than call out that ref. Maybe his language? Must have been beyond salty. I have no quarrel with the second, because at that point Dambrot was out of control. But that first T ... wow.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:54 PM
General

He wanted the 2nd one and to get booted
Old 12-19-2018, 09:58 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post

I noticed tonight AG was pretty close to halfcourt at one time (not yelling at the ref) and the ref motioned him back. When he moved back he was still 5 or 6 feet out of the coaches box. As you said, no coaches stay in the box. Just don't be out of the box AND yelling at a ref.

Last edited by longtimefan; 12-19-2018 at 11:13 PM..
Old 12-20-2018, 07:49 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Dambrot is a bum... That meltdown made me giggle lol
He is a bum. What a ripoff for anybody who had money on Duquesne at +5.5 to watch them lose by 6 in what was a tie game with 5 seconds left.

I mean, not that I did or anything. Definitely not.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (12-20-2018), OSU Flyer (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 07:57 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
on the other hand...

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
What a ripoff for anybody who had money on Duquesne at +5.5 to watch them lose by 6 in what was a tie game with 5 seconds left.
What a payoff for anyone who had money on PSU at -5.5 to watch them win by 6 on what was a tie game with 5 seconds left.

That's why it's called 'gambling'.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Only scored 56 points, hard to win with only 56 points.
Just saw the play-by-play summary of that game on my ESPN app. Zavier was down by 20 or more for over 7 consecutive minutes in the middle of the 2nd Half. Was more like a “buy game” for Mizzou.

Who has popcorn? I’m starting to like this movie.

Oh - and I can’t remember who asked the question, or in which thread it was asked, but the last time Zavier started the season with a record of 7-5 or worse was...2012-13, which was the year after the Crosstown Smackdown and the year before they joined the Big Easy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
What a payoff for anyone who had money on PSU at -5.5 to watch them win by 6 on what was a tie game with 5 seconds left.

That's why it's called 'gambling'.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 12:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
No way! They are in the Big Least.... those 5 star recruits are lined up waiting to commit. Probably a few one and done's too.
Gosh I wish we were in the Big Least!
Must have missed this: The Big East Conference will represent the United States at the 2019 Pan American Games, USA Basketball and the Big East announced Tuesday.

It's the first time a single Division I conference will represent the country in men's basketball at the Pan Am Games.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2018, 02:20 PM

Auburn loses at NC St as their guards throw bricks and score little. Meanwhile former UD recruit Markell Johnson torched Auburn for 27.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2018, 03:01 PM
General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Auburn loses at NC St as their guards throw bricks and score little. Meanwhile former UD recruit Markell Johnson torched Auburn for 27.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the dream is for Cohill to turn out like Markell
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Major General

In case you didn't see the Dambrot video. It was a pretty soft T, and after you get the first one, you might as well get your money's worth. I don't blame him too much actually.

https://deadspin.com/duquesne-coach-...ate-1831229012
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (12-20-2018), Radar (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Major General

More about A10 being "screwed" in the non-con by bad calls. Also mentions Grant and some poor coaching decisions. This was posted after the Tulsa game.

https://www.a10talk.com/the-atlantic...ching-or-both/
Old 12-20-2018, 04:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
In case you didn't see the Dambrot video. It was a pretty soft T, and after you get the first one, you might as well get your money's worth. I don't blame him too much actually.

Oh he got his money's worth alright.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:23 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute

Viewing just that clip, yeah it was a soft T. What we don't know is what, if any, issues/warnings Dambrot may have had leading up to this point. What's bothersome is that, prior to the 2nd T, the ref closest to Dambrot and his staff was trying to talk them back to the bench w/out another T, but a ref further away popped him with the 2nd T. Kinda like the way some officials (sorry Rollo) call a game: You get a block/charge under the hoop and the stripe at half court makes the call while the stripe down low is shaking his head east-west and motioning for the kid on the floor to get up.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Looked like a block to me. Defender was still moving and then sort of flopped in an apparent attempt to draw a charge. Nice effort, but I think that gets called a block 80% of the time, with the other 20% maybe being a no-call at best.

I will give Dambrot credit, though. He’s breathing some life and fire into a program that has been listless for years. He also has a point that the refs don’t do this to Coach K.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:58 PM

The first technical seemed a little quick, and the second one was ridiculous. You have an official not more than 5 or 6 feet from Dambrot talking to him, and another official farther down the court calls a "T" - ridiculous. Some officials just don't have a clue. Who did those guys think they were - Teddy ballgame?
Old 12-20-2018, 11:18 PM

Nice home win for UC over UCLA yesterday...I had to do a double take to make sure that UC really was up by 30 at one point in the 2nd half.

Not sure if UCLA should have fired Howland. 3 Final 4's, and they canned him.

Last edited by ud2; 12-20-2018 at 11:20 PM..
Old 12-21-2018, 12:19 PM
General

Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
Looked like a block to me. Defender was still moving and then sort of flopped in an apparent attempt to draw a charge. Nice effort, but I think that gets called a block 80% of the time, with the other 20% maybe being a no-call at best.

I will give Dambrot credit, though. He’s breathing some life and fire into a program that has been listless for years. He also has a point that the refs don’t do this to Coach K.

That's a block all day long, and twice on Sunday. No doubter.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:21 PM
General of the Air Force

A score tonight from down I-75: Detroit Mercy 55, Norwood Plumbing and Mortuary Tech 69. I think I saw where that was UDM’s 6th loss in a row, and that their record is now 3-9. Sorry to see a program that used to be pretty good go down the tubes like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-22-2018, 08:15 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Oklahoma won at Northwestern 76-69
Old 12-22-2018, 10:21 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Some solid games for the conference today:

Davidson vs. Central Penn? lol
Duquesne vs. Eastern Kentucky
GW at Harvard
SLU at #11 FSU
Richmond vs. High Point
VCU vs. Wichita State
SJU vs. Loyola Chicago
URI vs. Bucknell (in Hawaii)
La Salle vs. Towson
Old 12-22-2018, 12:35 PM

I think that a lot of these Christmas exempt tournaments are starting to get under way, more opportunities for A10 teams to get good wins.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:10 PM
General

what faint hopes the league has for two bids is riding on that SLU-FSU game
Old 12-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Lieutenant General

what faint hopes the league has for two bids is riding on that SLU-FSU game
That didn't work out so well.
OSU Flyer (12-22-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Central Penn is a d-2 school. I have never heard of them. They are NOT a member of the D-2 Pennsylvania State Conference...…...teams include Slippery Rock, Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, etc.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Lieutenant General

I just realized I have zero interest in watching games like UNC/UK.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (12-23-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-23-2018), Radar (12-23-2018), rollo (12-22-2018), San Diego Flyer (12-22-2018), TommyGola (12-23-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Lieutenant General

Auburn survives a furious comeback from Murray St.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:20 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Smile I've been there 10,000 years!

What took you so long? Those games don't feel like college basketball games. Imagine if the NCAA changed the tournament format, and it was nothing but games like that between the same 20 schools? Selection Sunday would be changed to "Not Included Sunday".

Said games are like plastic!
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

That didn't work out so well.
You said in response to the SLU v. FSU impact on A10 multiple bids scenario. OSU Flyer was right, and you are also.
Regrettably, that does put a significant hurting on the A10's chance to keep multiple bid streak alive. An issue I might have to suck on, and thus hear Bedell finally be right about something, an issue I will address in another thread. Keeping in mind that knowing the likely reality of A10's bids in late December is one thing, but Mr. Feedback has been trying to state it as fact for a month or two, and thats bull smell. Again, I am going to address in another thread, after Christmas.

By the way, what happened to all the Mississippi State fans/believers on here? Oops, Gem City Jam debate is back on. Flyers might not be obvious best team in the city; unless you actually invoke jurisdictional lines.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:24 AM
General of the Air Force

I’m at that point now too, CT Flyer. Back when you could count on players staying 3-4 years, and really good “off-brand” teams having a better chance to make The Dance than an 8-10 team from the ACC, the game as a whole was more worth watching. But now that the “name-brand” programs control the sport, and those teams are just a means to an end for players looking for a steppingstone to the NBA, the college game as a whole has lost most of its meaning to me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
You said in response to the SLU v. FSU impact on A10 multiple bids scenario. OSU Flyer was right, and you are also.
Regrettably, that does put a significant hurting on the A10's chance to keep multiple bid streak alive. An issue I might have to suck on, and thus hear Bedell finally be right about something, an issue I will address in another thread. Keeping in mind that knowing the likely reality of A10's bids in late December is one thing, but Mr. Feedback has been trying to state it as fact for a month or two, and thats bull smell. Again, I am going to address in another thread, after Christmas.

By the way, what happened to all the Mississippi State fans/believers on here? Oops, Gem City Jam debate is back on. Flyers might not be obvious best team in the city; unless you actually invoke jurisdictional lines.
You lose all credibility with all the Gem City Jam and the Flyers not being the best test team crap. However everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:24 PM
Brigadier General

Correction...I don't lose any increment of credibility, that is false. And you must realize that I really don't care, and do it just to get responses like yours. It more than merely appears that folks were not posting remarks concerning flyers opponent Mississippi State's big 4 point win over obviously lesser included wright brothers university. You make it sound like Mississippi State didn't need home court to beat WSU by four; compared to a seven point victory over UD at UD Arena. Credibility is gushing out of me.

Now back to flyer opponents: Mississippi State by three over small time Wright State. I can only imagine the response if WSU had won the game.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 12-23-2018 at 12:28 PM..
Old 12-23-2018, 02:20 PM

The response likely would have been every dog has its day. We blew the Mississippi State game with a late meltdown, and they’d say the same about nearly blowing a W over Wright State. The Raiders are 6-7 for a reason. Neither they nor Dayton have a whole lot to crow about thus far.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
UNC re-ups Roy Williams to 8 year extension. Send the boys to fake classes? No problem, you get a raise!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (12-24-2018), CT Flyer (12-23-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 11:08 AM

Virginia now #1 in the Coaches Poll. Make it four Top 25 teams we have lost to, as OK moves into #25.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
A bit curious that Matosbhas not had surgery yet.... been over a month? Any one a doctor out there?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-25-2018, 03:14 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,691 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
The response likely would have been every dog has its day. We blew the Mississippi State game with a late meltdown, and they’d say the same about nearly blowing a W over Wright State. The Raiders are 6-7 for a reason. Neither they nor Dayton have a whole lot to crow about thus far.
Yes, Wright State has a NET rating of 150 for a reason.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:40 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
URI goes down to Hawaii in a very uninspiring performance 60-68. Shooting 40/27/50 just won't get it done as most of the A10 is finding out. Proving once again that 2 studs playing average ball = L.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:40 PM
General

Originally Posted by flybye View Post
A bit curious that Matosbhas not had surgery yet.... been over a month? Any one a doctor out there?
Posted via Mobile Device
not a doctor but I know sometimes they have to wait for swelling to go down or other things to delay surgery