Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Colonel

Flyer1407 is infamous around these parts
Creighton Post Game

Well, I'm going to bed guys.

I don't think I can listen people bash BG and everyone else tonight. I only ask one thing.....

Can someone let me know when they sky stops falling and if the sun does in fact come up tomorrow.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer1407 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer_Tom (12-10-2008), Flytime (12-10-2008), GetFlyeredup (12-10-2008), Jack D (12-10-2008), Marysville Flyer (12-10-2008)
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,143 Times in 5,114 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Just listened to BGs postgame. He aint happy. Understatement. Just the tone it sounded like his veins were popping out of his forehead. He said he didnt like the defense and rebounding and if we stray away from our identity, it isnt good be pretty.

There are greater tragedies in life. Lets win the next five and get to 13-1. Sounds like Coach saw what we saw. Im sure he'll get their attention in practice with a few more gassers.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
We took our medicine tonight, we'll be fine. We fell to a team that exploited our worst weakness so far, our shooting. Catching up to a hot 3pt shooting team when you don't shoot the ball well, on their court, is not going to result in success very often. This game didn't set up well with the absence of Thomas who was coming on. Not to mention Charles being hobbled. Certain players cast into more prominent roles didn't fire. We didn't take care of the ball early on. We had silly fouls. Our defense couldn't pull us from the fire. We just didn't play good basketball. We're a young team that may have been lulled to sleep by its early success. I'll bet the Creighton coaches realize they dodged a bullett tonight. And, thats not saying we could've beat them on a good night either. But, if there is such a thing as a wakeup call, I think it was served tonight. This team will learn from that.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
During the game, I was thinking something that FLYER5 alluded to: Not having Stephen Tomas hurt us last night. Seems like every time this year the offense has not been clicking wth LW or RL, ST came in and settled things down as well as hit a big runner or make a good defensive play...maybe it's the change of pace in the way he plays, who knows, but that's been my impression. Also, with Creighton being strong on the perimeter, that required the PGs to work even harder, missing ST even more. not saying thats the only or primary reason we shot poorly and gave up too many looks on the perimeter, but it sure couldn't have helped.

Anyway, I agree on the wake up call comments...t will be interesting to see how they respond vs Coppin St....if they are as mad as they say, they should come out and smother them.
Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Dirty Sanchez can only hope to improve
I can't possibly understand anyone's rational if they are pinning blame on BG. That's absurb. Our offensive execution, carelessness with the ball and rebounding suffered severely. That's the players part. The only thing I would have done differently when we were struggling shooting the ball in the 1st half is get Luke in a little earlier than he did.

We will be okay for the next few games...
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Rob Lowery, who led the Flyers with 15 points, was disgusted with the defensive breakdowns, too.
“We just gave up too many threes, and that cost us,” he said. “Coach prepared us well, but we didn’t guard the ball like we were supposed to and gave up too many threes.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con..._defensiv.html
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Wow the sky really is falling over at DDN.