UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
IIRC, Hobbs got a late technical called on him 2 years ago at the Arena that cost GW the game.

His middle initial must be'T' I guess.

Well kids, what have we learned here? Don't give up on these guys and whatever you do, don't post that all is lost when the outcome still hangs in the balance.
And everybody said: AMEN
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
unofficial boxscore...

As the official boxscore isn't posted on daytonflyers.com, and if Gametracker is accurate, here is what I figure the boxscore to be. I didn't calculate minutes:

Code:
                               FG-FGA TP-TPA FT-FGA OF DE TOT PF  TP  A TO BLK S  
WARREN, LONDON                  0- 0   0- 0   0- 2   1  3  4   2   0  6  5  0  0 
HUELSMAN, KURT                  2- 3   0- 0   0- 0   0  1  1   1   4  0  1  0  0 
WRIGHT, CHRIS                   6-13   0- 0   3- 5   5  1  6   4  15  1  1  2  0 
LITTLE, CHARLES                 4- 6   0- 0   1- 4   1  2  3   2   9  3  0  0  0 
JOHNSON, MARCUS                 6-12   2- 6   3- 4   0  1  1   4  17  0  2  0  1 
PERRY, MICKEY                   0- 2   0- 2   0- 0   0  0  0   0   0  1  2  0  0 
LOWERY, ROB                     3- 6   2- 4   0- 0   4  4  8   0   8  6  2  0  0 
JOHNSON, CHRIS                  3- 5   2- 4   0- 0   0  4  4   1   8  0  0  0  1 
THOMAS, STEPHEN                 0- 1   0- 1   0- 0   0  0  0   0   0  1  0  0  0 
WILLIAMS, PAUL                  1- 2   0- 0   0- 0   0  0  0   1   2  0  0  0  0 
FABRIZIUS, LUKE                 0- 2   0- 2   0- 0   0  0  0   0   0  0  0  0  0 
SEARCY, DEVIN                   0- 1   0- 0   0- 0   0  0  0   1   0  0  1  0  0 
TEAM                            0- 0   0- 0   0- 0   2  2  4   0   0  0  0  0  0 
                        TOTALS 25-53   6-19   7-15  13 18 31  16  63 18 14  2  2 
                        TOTALS 47.2%  31.6%  46.7%
Figgie

EDIT: Fixed TO stats, and official boxscore is out, and it matches. Woo hoo!

Last edited by Figgie123; 01-22-2009 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: fixed TO totals
Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
I now believe in miracles, but I have seen crazier things.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Thanked 17,095 Times in 5,100 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
this one is for the ledge brigade:

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Major General

Phinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
this one is for the ledge brigade:

Nevermore!
Mad Props to Phinhead54 For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 PM

masonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to behold
No explanatio at the game for the T.. My son said he saw Hobbs asking for a TO but that makes no sense as UD was having trouble in-bounding the ball. Was that because there were 6 men on the floor.

Which is it, 6 men or TO they didn't have?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Brigadier General

jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by masonflyer View Post
No explanatio at the game for the T.. My son said he saw Hobbs asking for a TO but that makes no sense as UD was having trouble in-bounding the ball. Was that because there were 6 men on the floor.

Which is it, 6 men or TO they didn't have?
Under another thread I said...
Hobbs said at his press conference that he sent a sub in for the GW player shooting the foul shots and the scorer's table allowed the player to go in with a free throw to go. Six players were on the court during the second free throw.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM

masonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jumpin' joe View Post
Hobbs said at his press conference that he sent a sub in for the GW player shooting the foul shots and the scorer's table allowed the player to go in with a free throw to go. Six players were on the court during the second free throw.
Thanks, I'll take it.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
IIRC, Hobbs got a late technical called on him 2 years ago at the Arena that cost GW the game.

His middle initial must be'T' I guess.

Well kids, what have we learned here? Don't give up on these guys and whatever you do, don't post that all is lost when the outcome still hangs in the balance.
Does anybody remember that Karl Hobbs was the player that hit Flyer guard Kevin Conrad in the 1982 NIT game? His costly technical cost UConn the game. The Flyers won in overtime 76-75.
Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-23-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Colonel

lilrudy4787 will become famous soon enough
Does it bother anyone else that KH started and played 20 some minutes and was basically anemic. and DS played 11....Im really doubting KH and whatever reason he still plays now....and dont gimme that "All the stuff you dont see on the stat sheet" crud.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilrudy4787
Does it bother anyone else that KH started and played 20 some minutes and was basically anemic. and DS played 11....Im really doubting KH and whatever reason he still plays now....and dont gimme that "All the stuff you dont see on the stat sheet" crud.
It looks like you're implying that DS should get more minutes -
if so, what do you think he did tonight to earn them?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Moderated User

flyerpassion is infamous around these partsflyerpassion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
Huelsman with a rebound!!!!
Call Ripley's believe it or not! LOL
Old 01-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Moderated User

flyerpassion is infamous around these partsflyerpassion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
It looks like you're implying that DS should get more minutes -
if so, what do you think he did tonight to earn them?
I used to be of the opinion that DS should play more than KH.....which I still agree with IF one of them is going to play...However I would prefer that neither of them be in the game. I agree w/ the people who say: Can't wait until next season when we get Benson and Kav. Not sure how great either will be...but they can't be any worse!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:34 AM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
Just keep winning.

KH and DS are the best we have at the 5 right now.

Live with it and find ways to win. JB going down has hurt, it will help in the long run.

But guess what we are 17-2. "Roll with it baby" - Steve Winwood
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by flyerpassion View Post
I used to be of the opinion that DS should play more than KH.....which I still agree with IF one of them is going to play...However I would prefer that neither of them be in the game. I agree w/ the people who say: Can't wait until next season when we get Benson and Kav. Not sure how great either will be...but they can't be any worse!
I say put CW at the 5. He can work down low or come to the high post. He can deal at either spot. I'll take his 6'8" over the other guys' 6'10" any day.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Just keep winning with what we have. BG knows that when the game is on the line that he will have his most athletic team on the floor when it counts-CW,MJ,CJ,RLand CL.
We need some minutes from KH and DS during the game-regardless of how offensively-challenged they may be. Next year we won't have these same issues with MH and JB.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Captain

tlangs98 is just really nicetlangs98 is just really nicetlangs98 is just really nicetlangs98 is just really nice
If Hobbs said that, he is wrong. The scorers table does not send players into the game. They notify the refs with the buzzer at a dead ball, then the refs wave the plalyers onto the court.

If the ref waved their player on the court after the first foul shot, it is the players responsibility to tell the ref that he is coming in for the shooter. Not just wander out on the court like a moron.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tlangs98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-23-2009), longtimefan (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Captain

SCFlyer will become famous soon enoughSCFlyer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by masonflyer View Post
I say put CW at the 5. He can work down low or come to the high post. He can deal at either spot. I'll take his 6'8" over the other guys' 6'10" any day.
I'm quoting this not because I necessarily think we should play a large amount of minutes with Chris Wright at the 5 (though, I'd be fine with it for some), but rather because I really think we need to understand that you don't HAVE to play a 5. Some poster above said, "Well, KH and DS are all we have at the 5." Ummm...ok, and? Is there a rule in basketball that you HAVE to play someone who is listed as a C? No! Absolutely not.

Look, I think Kurt and Searcy both have great value to this team. I have been in the "Don't Play Kurt as much" Camp for some time, but even I understand that there are some games (every game?) that we will need him at least some, and some games where we might need him a great deal. It is an advantage to have a big body like that sometimes in a grind it out game. However, all of the rest of our players are molded to run, run and run. Many people will say that London's man sagging off of him kills the offense because it clogs up the lane - you know what else clogs up the lane? A 6'11" guy who can't score and who is a poor passer, and the 6'9" guy that is guarding him.

My point would be this - don't look at it always as an either/or type of thing. There are some teams where Devin should get 25 minutes and Kurt get 12. Sometimes it should be the other way around. And sometimes, perhaps last night, where they should BOTH get 12 minutes. I'll take our rebounding of Chris Wright and Chris Johnson on the front line in a LOT of games.
Mad Props to SCFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer'95 (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Captain

SCFlyer will become famous soon enoughSCFlyer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lilrudy4787 View Post
One other point - I can not believe how often we have to hear about Kurt doing the "little things" that don't show up on the stat sheet. I'm not saying he does not do those things - I'm sure he does. But when did he corner the market on those types of things? How come we never talk about little things that Devin or Charles Little might do? There is one player on the team that gets bashed on here quite a bit that I think does BY FAR the most little things that don't show up in the stat book, but for some reason we don't mention those. We mention them with Kurt only - I don't get that.

Kurt's not the only one out there hustling, playing hard on defense and boxing out, guys.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by SCFlyer View Post
One other point - I can not believe how often we have to hear about Kurt doing the "little things" that don't show up on the stat sheet. I'm not saying he does not do those things - I'm sure he does. But when did he corner the market on those types of things? How come we never talk about little things that Devin or Charles Little might do? There is one player on the team that gets bashed on here quite a bit that I think does BY FAR the most little things that don't show up in the stat book, but for some reason we don't mention those. We mention them with Kurt only - I don't get that.

Kurt's not the only one out there hustling, playing hard on defense and boxing out, guys.
everyone always mentions them because that is the ONLY thing KH can bring to the table, he certainly cant rebound, can hardly score, and might be good for a block or two a game....nothing DS couldnt do for sure given the allotted minutes.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:29 AM
1st Lieutenant

OPPFlyer is on a distinguished road
I would like to see you call me that to my face. Pretty easy to hid behind a computer montier in your mom's basement
Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by OPPFlyer View Post
I would like to see you call me that to my face. Pretty easy to hid behind a computer montier in your mom's basement
I might have missed something, but did we win the game last night? It looks like you gave up on the team and they pulled it out. Can you admit that at least?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BlueMiniS View Post
I might have missed something, but did we win the game last night? It looks like you gave up on the team and they pulled it out. Can you admit that at least?
Was I very frustrated a the time –Yes

Did I let my frustration get the best of me and post something I should not have- Yes

Should I have bit my tongue- Yes

Can I take some good natured ribbing for giving up -Yes

I take responsibility for all of that. However, if you want to resort to calling me names that is fine but at least be man enough to say it to my face where I can respond accordingly. I am not hard to find I am usually at BW's before every game and I sit in section 222 row G seats 1 and 2. Please feel free to come say hello Johhny!

I guess I am the only one that ever let my emotions get the best of me and said something that I regretted
Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute

one thing i see with him is that he leaves his man TOO Much trying to either go around pick or cover guy with ball. not saying he shouldn't do this, but u CAN'T leave your man by as much as he does (like 6-10 feet easily). very surprised inside bigs aren't getting more scoring off of this.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
BallgameJohnny is at it again. He should be banned, again.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
Was I very frustrated a the time –Yes

Did I let my frustration get the best of me and post something I should not have- Yes

Should I have bit my tongue- Yes

Can I take some good natured ribbing for giving up -Yes

I take responsibility for all of that. However, if you want to resort to calling me names that is fine but at least be man enough to say it to my face where I can respond accordingly. I am not hard to find I am usually at BW's before every game and I sit in section 222 row G seats 1 and 2. Please feel free to come say hello Johhny!

I guess I am the only one that ever let my emotions get the best of me and said something that I regretted
I don't disagree that the name calling in unncessary and childish, that is why I refuse to get into those type of discussions. From my perspective, I am frustrated by some of these close games that should be, but thankful for the team being able to close them out in the end.

I would also say that challenging someone to the equivalent of a dual before a game isn't the right solution either. Let's just support the Flyers, and provide some good discussion about the team whether they win or lose. This last piece isn't directed towards you specifically, but to the whole community.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 AM
1st Lieutenant

Your right I just think it is cowardly to call someone out on the Internet. If I am going to call someone out and I have been known to do this I at least am going to be man enough to say it to his or her face. Just how I was raised
Old 01-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Major

Your right I just think it is cowardly to call someone out on the Internet. If I am going to call someone out and I have been known to do this I at least am going to be man enough to say it to his or her face. Just how I was raised
So you are still going to meet behind the bleachers before the game?

Again, there is no excuse for name calling (in person or on the internet), but let's go back to celebrating an overacheaving team that still has plenty of growing up to do in the coming weeks.

Oh, and I would hope the original name caller (a known instigator) mans up and apologizes for the attack.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure what you said originally, but if I was to guess it would be something about the whole team, the coaching, or a few players being less than desirable in their play. Which, if true and in light of the above, seems odd that you would call them out here instead of saying it to the faces of those players / coaches.

And even if you said something like "we're horrible and we'll never win another game" you clearly were talking about the players / coaches because >99% of people posting here have never scored a point for UD. So, maybe you should discuss the play of the team with those that are not meeting your expectations instead of calling them out here.

Finally, I would contend that (with all due respect to your mama) maybe you were raised wrong. I was raised to believe that if you can provide constructive criticism you should consider doing so at an appropriate time, but "telling it like it is" for the sake of doing so is not a virtue.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I'm not sure what you said originally, but if I was to guess it would be something about the whole team, the coaching, or a few players being less than desirable in their play. Which, if true and in light of the above, seems odd that you would call them out here instead of saying it to the faces of those players / coaches.

And even if you said something like "we're horrible and we'll never win another game" you clearly were talking about the players / coaches because >99% of people posting here have never scored a point for UD. So, maybe you should discuss the play of the team with those that are not meeting your expectations instead of calling them out here.

Finally, I would contend that (with all due respect to your mama) maybe you were raised wrong. I was raised to believe that if you can provide constructive criticism you should consider doing so at an appropriate time, but "telling it like it is" for the sake of doing so is not a virtue.
So you just felt you needed to comment even though you have no idea what we are talking about. I said I thought the game was over and that were getting out hustled to all the lose balls and up for grabs rebounds. I also would have no problem saying that to any of the players and have also voiced my concerns with BG when I have had access to him at different events. As a side not before any of go jumping my case I was fortune enough to spend an entire afternoon one summer playing golf with him and challenged him on several points. He explained why he did certain things and while I might not have agreed with what he said I respected him for sharing his insight. I have always thought he was a stand up guy and I have been proven right the times I have been around him. However, great guys don’t always make the best coaches but I digress. Maybe to use some of your words “your mamma should have taught you not to stick you nose in somewhere it don’t belong” or least educate yourself to the subject matter first. I can also say I am done with validating some of your ignorant remarks.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Very good, Jumpin'. The hockey victory didn't come to me immediately but it is a good one. I thought immediately of the ball going through Bill Buckner's legs in the 87 series.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post

So you just felt you needed to comment even though you have no idea what we are talking about. I said I thought the game was over and that were getting out hustled to all the lose balls and up for grabs rebounds. I also would have no problem saying that to any of the players and have also voiced my concerns with BG when I have had access to him at different events. As a side not before any of go jumping my case I was fortune enough to spend an entire afternoon one summer playing golf with him and challenged him on several points. He explained why he did certain things and while I might not have agreed with what he said I respected him for sharing his insight. I have always thought he was a stand up guy and I have been proven right the times I have been around him. However, great guys don’t always make the best coaches but I digress. Maybe to use some of your words “your mamma should have taught you not to stick you nose in somewhere it don’t belong” or least educate yourself to the subject matter first. I can also say I am done with validating some of your ignorant remarks.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Colonel

OK guys...this thread needs to end

start PM'ing each other if you still have beef.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
Very good, Jumpin'. The hockey victory didn't come to me immediately but it is a good one. I thought immediately of the ball going through Bill Buckner's legs in the 87 series.
Just for you Bill!

+ YouTube Video
Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:25 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I just read this thread. I love all the people saying the game was over with more than 2 or 3 minutes left and this is terrible and that is terrible and BG is terrible and we suck and we're going to the NIT. I'm glad I don't read this crap during the games. Also, someone on another thread said one of these refs was the same guy who called that bogus offensive interference call on Sean Finn against Tulsa (which would have cut their lead to one and given us tons of momentum). Glad he got this one right!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Brigadier General

FlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura about

bingo
Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
OK guys...this thread needs to end

start PM'ing each other if you still have beef.
I've only responded once. . . geeze.

This is a joke if Matt K. can play at all Kurt needs to lose his ride next year that is awful! He has scored 4 pts but given up at least 10. For that matter the whole team is a major letdown. Helter Skelter basketball! I hope X jumps to a major basketball league because after watching them dismantle St. Bonny last night they are heads and shoulders above anyone in this league and that more than includes this sorry excuse for a basketball team
OPPFLyer, what was BG's response when you told him:

1. Kurt is awful
2. The whole team is a major letdown
3. We are a sorry excuse for a basketball team

You were proven right, according to your 1st hand account, so I'm just curious about his response.

Oh, sorry, let me rephrase: What was Kurt's response when you told him to his face, and the whole team's response when you told them to their faces?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (01-23-2009), Tony T 71 (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
1st Lieutenant

pjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of light
Lighten up, Francis.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Major General

Phinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pjflyer View Post
Lighten up, Francis.
I think he said his name was Johnny ...

YES, I know the reference!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:14 PM

Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh guy, give it up
Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 PM

17-2

Enzo

Tags
game thread, george washington