04-07-2015
Hey Coack K -- It's Me Again

Coach Mike Krzyzewski
Head Basketball Coach
Duke University
118 Cameron Indoor Stadium
Durham, NC 27708

Dear Coach Krzyzewski:

Well the NCAA Tournament is finally over and congratulations – your Duke Blue Devils have just been crowned as the 2015 NCAA National Champions! Figured that you’re kinda like father-of-the-bride Vito Corleone in the opening scene of The Godfather – you just won the whole enchilada and therefore can’t refuse any favors for 24 hours after the NCAA Championship.

IYRC, I had written to you this time last year after you had publicly complained that perhaps the Dayton Flyers shouldn’t have been invited to the Big Dance. As penance, I suggested that maybe you schedule a home and home series with the Flyers. Failing that, I proffered the idea that you strongly suggest that Dayton and Duke be paired up in one of the neutral court doubleheaders to be played at Barclay’s Center that are part of the deal with the Atlantic 10 for graciously allowing the ACC to hold your conference tournament in Brooklyn for 2017 and 2018.

While nothing official has been announced, WOTS is that the pairings for the 2015-16 double-dip are Boston College vs. Fordham and George Washington vs. Wake Forest. I’m sure the cable networks will all be whipping out their checkbooks to carry that twin-killing. Heck, it would definitely be an improvement for Fox Sports 1 over one of those DePaul/Creighton Big East snoozefests, right?

So, that leaves us two more doubleheaders; two more chances to make amends for dissing the Flyers, while giving your boy Luke Kennard the chance to face his hometown Flyers.

A-10 Commissioner Bernadette McGlade is ready, willing and able to take your call and your suggestion that a Blue Devils/Flyers matchup has gotta be included as one of the remaining two twin bills in either 2016-17 or 2017-18. You can reach her at: (757) 706-3040 or by email at: BMcGlade@atlantic10.org

Thanks -- again -- for your time, Coach and congrats! The Flyer Faithful look forward to seeing our two great universities playing each other again on the hardwood…soon!

Sincerely,

Jim “Swampy” Meadows
UDPride.com
swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
By Buster Goode on 01-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Any chance we get a 3rd letter?
Comment

Article Tools