Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-22-2017, 11:46 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
This Year and Beyond

(1) Does anyone think we will get a NCAA bid this year? Me, No
(2) Does anyone think we will get a NCAA bid next year? Me, maybe, but not
(3) Does anyone think we will get a NCAA bid in 2 years? Me, yes
(4) Does anyone think AG is a good recruiter? Me, Yes
(5) Does anyone think he can coach HIS recruits? Remains to be seen
(6) Does anyone think we should give AG TIME to develop his recruits and his system? Me, Yes
(7) Does anyone think Dayton basketball will Return to National prominence? Yes

Merry Christmas to all--be safe and enjoy your family. Life is short, relish those moments
Mad Props to Donniex3Era For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
(6) Does anyone think we should give AG TIME to develop his recruits and his system? Me, Yes

Merry Christmas to all--be safe and enjoy your family. Life is short, relish those moments
1. LOL
2. LOL
3. Nope
4. Yes
5. Nope. His previous results show no proof that he can.
6. Progress by March 2020 or it's time to move on.
7. Someday
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 11:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post

1 - It would take a miracle, although Christmas is the season for miracles.
2 - Unlikely but you never know
3 - If not, the natives will be standing outside UD Arena with torches and pitchforks
4 - Yes. He has shown himself to be in the past, no reason he wouldn't be in the future
5 - The question is can he recruit NBA type kids, because that's what his offense seems to be based on. If not, I see a lot of struggles ahead
6 - Of course, anything else would be patently unfair. Of course we all want to win "right now", but as Spock once said, "wanting is not as pleasing as having"
7 - Define national prominence. From a media perspective, Dayton will never be of national prominence, no matter how well they do. Like any other mid-major, we'll be mentioned from time to time under certain circumstances but it's unlikely the media will ever go out of their way to bring up Dayton. If we start sending a lot of kids to the NBA, then that might change but until then, we'll always be an afterthought from that perspective.

Merry Christmas
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 12:29 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
1. LOL
2. LOL
3. Nope
4. Yes
5. Nope. His previous results show no proof that he can.
6. Progress by March 2020 or it's time to move on.
7. Someday
1.5 out of 7 ain't bad. Borderline horrific maybe..
Old 12-23-2017, 01:41 AM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. No
6. He must get us back to the NCAAT in 4 or 5 years, or else he has to go.
7. Yes
Old 12-23-2017, 06:27 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
One key for me, and it's a biggie. Not only must a coach lead the team back to the tournament, he must keep us there and not regress into a one-year-wonder. Or else it's not a program vault at all. Just a blip in time, imo. That's where our previous coach was a monumental success.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (12-23-2017), Flyer 86 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 07:13 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, this was bound to happen just as night follows day but I thought we'd at least get into January...nope Initially, almost everyone was willing to give AG time to develop and teach his system, recruit his kids and the initial indications all pointed to AG getting things done well early and retaining/recruiting some decent kids. No one, or a very few, expected a great year...somewhere around 18-12 and maybe the N.I.T. BTW, no one anticipated XW being "out" for an extended period either or contributing very little to the team. Now, we have no chance, AG hasn't proven anything in the past and we're back to maybe getting to the Tourney every few years. What a joke...give me a break Ladies.

BTW, just in case no one noticed, the A-10 is having a "down" year this year too....maybe only a one bid league come March. Do we have a "shot" of winning the Tourney?...yeah, IMHO. If we get healthy, start to gel (this group of kids have shown signs of playing well together and they've shown some guts.) Does anyone here remember when AM finally got the kids to gel in the 2013-14 season? By the end of January, all was lost and some were getting ready to ride Archie out on a rail. HMMMMMM. Let's give this at least a modicum of time before hitting the FULL PANIC button, huh? I'd hate to be in a fox hole with some folks here. GEEEEEZE.

Last edited by Bat'71; 12-23-2017 at 07:20 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bat'71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
dnutz77 (12-23-2017), JimBo (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Brigadier General

Somebody's skirt went full-flip. Ladies?
FWIW, I think everyone who's posted in this thread so far has high integrity, Bat71. I'd fight right beside or back-to-back with each one in a foxhole. Why can't people be civil and just stop the name-calling?

Last edited by FLYER5; 12-23-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-23-2017, 11:35 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Willy418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of light
Agree Bat71!! IF these kids improve we certainly have a shot in A 10 TOURNEY.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Lon Kruger's Oklahoma team had an 11-20 record last season in the Big 12! Fast forward one year, the addition of one great PG in Trae Young and the Sooners are presently 10-1 and are primed to maybe replace Kansas for the top spot in the conference.

How does that segway over to our Flyers? I really don't know but there is no substitute for experience! The Flyers are not devoid of talent. They just need to learn from both the wins and the losses and improve with each game.

The fact that the A-10 conference as a whole is down this season gives the Flyers a chance to get back a measure of respectability.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:08 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
Lon Kruger's Oklahoma team had an 11-20 record last season in the Big 12! Fast forward one year, the addition of one great PG in Trae Young and the Sooners are presently 10-1 and are primed to maybe replace Kansas for the top spot in the conference.

How does that segway over to our Flyers? I really don't know but there is no substitute for experience! The Flyers are not devoid of talent. They just need to learn from both the wins and the losses and improve with each game.

The fact that the A-10 conference as a whole is down this season gives the Flyers a chance to get back a measure of respectability.
So your saying we will get a Trae Young next year?
Old 12-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
So your saying we will get a Trae Young next year?
No, he was a McDonald's All-American and a 5 star! We do have a 4 star coming in the person of one Dwayne Cohill. Maybe there is a 5 star on the horizon. Like in the movie Dumb and Dumber when Mary Swanson said there was one chance in a million and Lloyd said, "So your saying there is a chance."
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 06:29 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
No, he was a McDonald's All-American and a 5 star! We do have a 4 star coming in the person of one Dwayne Cohill. Maybe there is a 5 star on the horizon. Like in the movie Dumb and Dumber when Mary Swanson said there was one chance in a million and Lloyd said, "So your saying there is a chance."
Of course not only is Young a five star, he plays like a six. To this point may be the best player in college basketball.