User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 4,850 Times in 1,940 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Watermelon wheat Ale- Try it, just don't drain the tap at the next game till I have had my fill! Available at both the entrance by the student entrance as well as opposite end inside the entrance
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
sheg (11-07-2018)
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2018, 06:34 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 11,562 Times in 5,176 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Watermelon what?? Does it come with a cute, little umbrella in it?? And do you have to stick out your pinkie when you sip it?? You millennials are all alike...SOFT!
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-08-2018), NJFlyr71 (11-08-2018), shocka43 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,732 Times in 936 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Rollo: You may want to take ClaytonFlyerFan to the King's woodshed for a little "attitude adjustment."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-08-2018), rollo (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,289 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
They need to move Dippin' Dots slightly around the corner where there is an open space so the flow on that concourse can be utilized. A 15 foot wide walkway was cut in half because of that stand. Oh, and if you are going to stop and talk, GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Someone listened/read your suggestion, first thing I noticed when I came in.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-08-2018), Figgie123 (11-08-2018), NJFlyr71 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Lieutenant General

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Watermelon what?? Does it come with a cute, little umbrella in it?? And do you have to stick out your pinkie when you sip it?? You millennials are all alike...SOFT!
My pinkie did get a workout!

This coming from the guy who said Bud Lite when I asked what you wanted when I bought you one last year.......First watermelon is on me, let me know next game you will be at.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 582 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Chaifetz Arena at SLU built in 2008 cost $80.5 Million

Not everyone in the A10 is not willing to spend money.
Thanks a bunch for this info. I didn't care to do the research you did to clarify or support my contention.

If we use one of the latest numbers you listed for the arena built at SLU in 2008 at $80.5M and compare the cost of UD Arena built in 1968-1969 which I believe the original cost was $4.5M, in 2008 dollars that would amount to $27.8M in 2008. If we add in the current transformation cost at $72M that gets us to $99.8M. (I know this is a little bit of a stretch that we would build a new facility in 2008 then add $72M renovation shortly after. But go with me here!)

In your analysis and in my post not included is the UD facility cost build out of the Donoher Center nor the renovation and up-grade to create the Flight Deck and Boesch Lounge, Loge seating and Suites among other improvements in 2002. Not sure what that cost was.

Now coupled with the $72M transformation ...... Still not convinced that we don't spend more than those other venues.

That said since I have never been to these other facilities I demur to those that have such as yourself in opinion that these are nice to great facilites for their respective school.

Robins Center at Richmond
Ryan center at URI
Chaifetz Arena at SLU
Eaglebank Arena at George Mason
Hagan Arena at SJU

Thanks again for the added perspective.

Go Flyers
Old 11-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 582 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Rollo: You may want to take ClaytonFlyerFan to the King's woodshed for a little "attitude adjustment."
Woodshed HE double hockey sticks!

Take him to Tim's on Brown!

Go Flyers!
Old 11-08-2018, 10:28 AM

Thanked 5,857 Times in 2,822 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I carefully selected the traditional yellow mustard packets to go with my pretzel this week. I recommend that if you like things a little spicier.

My favorite concession stand in the Arena ran out of Bud Light, even before the game started. It caused me some confusion and distress until I chose another beer.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Thanked 7,116 Times in 3,024 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I carefully selected the traditional yellow mustard packets to go with my pretzel this week. I recommend that if you like things a little spicier.

My favorite concession stand in the Arena ran out of Bud Light, even before the game started.
The didn't run out....they just decided that Bud Light wasn't worthy enough to be poured on such sacred ground.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 10:35 AM

Thanked 11,562 Times in 5,176 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
My pinkie did get a workout!

This coming from the guy who said Bud Lite when I asked what you wanted when I bought you one last year.......First watermelon is on me, let me know next game you will be at.
Watermelon beer today.
Superhero tomorrow.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
The didn't run out....they just decided that Bud Light wasn't worthy enough to be poured on such sacred ground.
They had more Bud Light at halftime, didn't you see the hose hooked up to the Clydesdales ________. Nothing like recycling.
CE80 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:22 AM

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-08-2018, 11:36 AM

Thanked 5,003 Times in 2,464 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Woodshed HE double hockey sticks!

Take him to Tim's on Brown!

Go Flyers!
It would be past everyone's bedtime before anyone else showed up.
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-08-2018), rollo (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Captain

ohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to all
Expensive upgrades - big seats - pep band late but who noticed.

negative - Beer prices appear the main source of upgrade costs. Long lines!
solution... BYOB
Old 11-08-2018, 01:18 PM

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
The men's restroom on NW corner with no urinals is a real head scratcher??????
Old 11-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
The men's restroom on NW corner with no urinals is a real head scratcher??????
Just a hunch, this will be an enlarged womens restroom next season and beyond, just temporarily half of it is for men this season.

EDIT- Since they closed the restrooms on the north end of the old west concourse

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 11-08-2018 at 01:33 PM..
shocka43 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,289 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Just a hunch, this will be an enlarged womens restroom next season and beyond, just temporarily half of it is for men this season.

EDIT- Since they closed the restrooms on the north end of the old west concourse
Yes I heard these are temporary until the final phase is complete.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:24 AM

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
Tonight, at the CSU game, I had my first time using my new "club seats" on the East side.

I will be calling UD next week to discuss a number of issues with my seats. At this time I will not be getting club seats next year.

Why? Hard to get to my seat, poor view, noise and constant movement of people.

Last edited by marco red eagle; 11-11-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Old 11-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,140 Times in 583 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Phase III better be the biggest best most beautifully red tied bow they did ever imagine. I used one of the new bathrooms tonight; Holy Stall Waiting and incredible line out into the new $72 Million HALLWAY. A true capacity crowd is going to be a real bitty.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Major

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Last night was my first game at the 2/3 renovated arena. So here are my random observations:

- It is bright, new and the outer concourse is totally unrecognizable from the original arena. It is nice to be able to see the untouched west wing and compare it to what they have done to the east wing.

- The new club that sits in the middle of the east wing takes up the entire middle of the wing. It looks like they are expanding the Boesch lounge, adding the premium club seats (which were virtually empty), and the four corner party suites - We'll see, but I think UD has overplayed it's hand regarding premium amenities.

- As others have stated, restrooms and "choke points are an issue, but I think we need to reserve judgement until the arena is complete and people are comfortable in knowing where they are going, etc.

- Along one corridor, there are 4 huge panel pictures of recent various mens and womens bball teams - no vintage Flyer greats pictured, and they are so huge, even when you are against the opposite wall, you can barely appreciate the picture. Odd.

- You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a beer vendor - great, but flies in the face of Spina's desire to reduce drinking on and around campus???

- The video boards that now face the 300-400 section have actually been moved 30-40 feet closer to those sections. I would hate to be sitting any where near those boards - looks way to bright.

- The new maps of the arena don't show anything in the middle of the west wing concession area (as opposed to the club under the east wing). Thank you!! That is my side of the arena and I appreciate the openness. Come to think of it, the overall feel of the corridors and east wing seems a bit claustrophobic.

- Wi-Fi works, but it's odd to see dozens of "nodes?" plastered all over the arena roof

- Overall, based on what I have seen so far I'm giving it a B to B- but will hold off until I see the finished product.

Does anyone know who the design architect is and what other arena projects they have worked on??

Oh and by the way, Obi Toppin, at this rate will be a beast.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanked 5,857 Times in 2,822 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
My kids love the big screen in the center of the court. I took my 2.5 year old for the first time this year, and he was almost overwhelmed by the spectacle of the player introductions, lights and music. It was entertaining to watch him being so riveted by the whole thing. UD has come a long, long way in that portion of the games.