UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who earned the last Golden CBBF of the season...?
Pierre 4 7.55%
Pollard 3 5.66%
KDavis 5 9.43%
DDavis 0 0%
Big Steve 5 9.43%
Scoochie 7 13.21%
Cooke 3 5.66%
Nobody 26 49.06%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2016, 02:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden CBBFs - NCAA vs Syracuse

My Team picked a bad day to play their worst game of the season...yes, even worse than LaSalle. Everyone sucked...there, I said it.

I'm royally looking forward to next season and hope these guys live in the weight room between classes. Or should I say 'go to classes between lifting weights'?

Regardless...another season is behind us. Disappointing as it was...

I must be off...

King R....OUT!

Last edited by rollo; 03-18-2016 at 02:38 PM..
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2016, 02:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I picked Steve even though he missed his share of easy shots. He still did some good things and I thought made a nice little recovery over the last few games from the slump he went through toward the end of the season.

I am just heartbroken that the last 1/3 of the season went the way it did. Hoping for better for next year.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Because we got blown out to a team many people said did not belong in the tournament and over whom we were favored, I had to pick nobody. Will not single out one person as playing bad or good. We played bad against a team that was really motivated to show the basketball world that they belonged in the tournament.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:43 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
I voted nobody because no one really stood out.

That said, I hate that Pierre went out like this. IMHO, he's the main on-floor reason the Flyers have made three consecutive NCAAs. His last game should have been a much closer, hard fought affair.

Proud of this team & the program Archie's building.

GO FLYERS!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Captain

Phi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to behold
Money poured in on Cuse today. They ended the day as a 1 point favorite.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2016, 02:47 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone sucked today...no exceptions. It's why I put 'nobody' on the poll instead of 'everybody'. But I voted for Scoochie because it appeared he was trying hard to create...he just didn't have anyone to pass the ball to that could put it in the hole.

UGH!
T-Bone 84 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't drop the ball in the Mississippi today if they were standing on the edge and in the middle of the I-70 bridge.
Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 03:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
Couldn't drop the ball in the Mississippi today if they were standing on the edge and in the middle of the I-70 bridge.
Yep. Would've drawn iron and bounced back up to the other side of the highway.

I voted "nobody", simply because I was disgusted with the outcome. Looking back, I could've voted for Steve if only because, at the end of the game, he was the enthusiastic guy I saw going to teammates to keep their spirits up and going to Syracuse players to congratulate them on their win. He still is a work-in-progress while the clock is running, but he seems to "get it" once the horn blows. Showed real leadership and sportsmanship at the end of the game. The team seemed to be sorely lacking in these traits over the past month or so.

Now, Steve, just don't start messing-around with your teammates' girlfriends, as others have been reported to do. (go ahead - red pip me - at this point, I don't care)

Last edited by T-Bone 84; 03-18-2016 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Clarifying Steve's innocence in the rumored matter.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-18-2016), rollo (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 03:14 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody is my vote. Kyle played very hard right to the end. Scooch played decent, as did Steve. DD, Pierre, Pollard and Cooke were all no shows.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Kyle plays hard and is super on d but may be our biggest problem. He shoots poorly and rarely penetrates effectively in the half court. We're playing 4 on 5. Things my be worse next year without DP if Cunningham limited as well on offense.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2016, 09:14 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
Yeah, the way things went today, the ball dropped from the bridge would've hit nothing but iron, and bounced back up to the other side of the highway, where it would've been flattened by a semi.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a team that once down...had no fight. Something was terribly wrong the last 6 weeks of the season. And if next season starts the way this one ended. I will end my interest in UD BB. My health deteriorated this year and I need no more stress- and this year was not fun for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
I saw a team that once down...had no fight. Something was terribly wrong the last 6 weeks of the season. And if next season starts the way this one ended. I will end my interest in UD BB. My health deteriorated this year and I need no more stress- and this year was not fun for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe this team needs to do some boxing in the off season like BG's teams.............
Old 03-19-2016, 03:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I vote for Archie, for not eliminating the source of the lack of team chemistry we had this year. Rumors were flying, I do not know what is or is not true. I do not care who it is or isn't that is involved. All I have to say is whoever started this crap that led to the meltdown in TRUETEAM, pull your head out of your wazu before next season, or transfer off to greener pastures as whatever happened screwed up what looked like a very promising season 2 months ago.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 03-19-2016 at 03:25 AM..
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-19-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Cue the ending credits to the season with this song....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I vote for Archie, for not eliminating the source of the lack of team chemistry we had this year. Rumors were flying, I do not know what is or is not true. I do not care who it is or isn't that is involved. All I have to say is whoever started this crap that led to the meltdown in TRUETEAM, pull your head out of your wazu before next season, or transfer off to greener pastures as whatever happened screwed up what looked like a very promising season 2 months ago.
Yes, "TrueTeam" seemed to stop being a way of life for our Flyers this year. And as much as we can talk about missed shots, blown defensive assignments, bad passes, and that kind of stuff, the 2013-14 & 2014-15 seasons showed us that a group of guys who have each others' backs and will go to the wall for each other can accomplish great things in this setting. We need to see that attitude come back, and to see the other attitude get the he!! out of here. Last year's expulsions should have sent that message, loud and clear. Maybe it's time for a refresher course.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Maybe it's time for a refresher course.
or male chastity belts.
BRob2Perryman3 (03-19-2016), T-Bone 84 (03-19-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 10:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
or male chastity belts.
The Catholics run a number of "all male" and "all female" schools for a reason.

And to paraphrase what someone else said, the downfall of this season might be expressed in terms of an old Elvis Presley movie title: "The Trouble with Girls".

Last edited by T-Bone 84; 03-19-2016 at 11:20 AM..
Old 03-21-2016, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
The Catholics run a number of "all male" and "all female" schools for a reason.
Fresh meat?