User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Disapointment with Dayton Daily News Sports

Over the past few years the DDN edition we receive out here in the "hitherlands" has become very disapointing. This fall the Sat morning edition did not contain any Friday nite HS football scores, let alone any article about the games. I assume it'll be the same re: HS basketball scores this winter. With all the new technology - the DDN has to go to press so early in the morning that we folks in Piqua and surrounding area get cheated? Back in the day, living in Mercer Co., this was not a problem. Why now? Even during the Flyer Elite 8 run we got the great coverage, who can ever forget THE University of Dayton headline when the Flyers beat tOSU! What's happened? Anyone else outside of Montgomery Co. have the same complaint? So today I get the DDN off the porch, excited to see a great headline/article about the exciting last second W over Ball St. What's the headline/story? About the Czech kid and how his family is up all nite to listen to the Flyers! H*ll, he didn't even play last night.
I dont assume my complaing here will do any good - but, boy, I feel better

My headline for last night. "X to 0 = W"
Great game Flyers!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-13-2017), rollo (11-11-2017)
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
The issue is that the paper is no longer printed locally. The print shop on I-75 just south of town is out of date and the company was not going to pay to update. The paper is printed just west of Indianapolis & is shared with other papers. The result is that the cut-off time earlier in the day.

This is why you see Friday night HS football covered in Sunday's paper and the UD game will also be there. The world is moving online and the printed paper will soon disappear.
Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I know you probably like to read a paper you can hold in your hands, but... if you just follow David Jablonski on twitter, he links articles as soon as they are posted online. I don't have a twitter account, I just follow him from my computer. He does a really good job, but it will never get in the paper timely.
Here is his twitter account: https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (11-11-2017), redbengal (11-11-2017), ruechalgrin (11-11-2017), San Diego Flyer (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
So folks in Mont Co/Dayton get same product
produced in W Indiana?
Old 11-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
So folks in Mont Co/Dayton get same product
produced in W Indiana?
Not sure exactly what you mean by "produced," but it is printed in W Indy.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
Same problem here in Sugarcreek Township. To survive, the DDN and others need to deliver a BETTER product, not worse.
Mad Props to ChampCar For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ChampCar View Post
Same problem here in Sugarcreek Township. To survive, the DDN and others need to deliver a BETTER product, not worse.
There will not be a better hard-copy product. All movement is to an online "paper". It is surprising the DDN is still hard copy considering the size of the Dayton area. Some believe that COX is only keeping it alive since it was the first.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:48 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
The paper is ok the stories are just a day late. There was that TV show where the guy got tomorrow's newspaper today. Well, we get yesterday's newspaper today.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
soccerflyer (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Townie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud ofTownie has much to be proud of
You would think that the online version would be up to date, but it is the same as the hard copy. Nothing like the Dayton Yesterdaily News
Mad Props to Townie For This Totally Excellent Post:
MikeFlyer (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
1) Yes, the DDN sucks.
2) This is off topic and doesn't belong in the MBB forum.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 05:01 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sheg View Post
1) Yes, the DDN sucks.
2) This is off topic and doesn't belong in the MBB forum.
Actually, even though it took awhile to get there, I think the point that triggered this post was the coverage of the Flyers win last night in this morning's paper. So it really isn't off topic.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-12-2017), Flyer 86 (11-13-2017), MikeFlyer (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
DDN coverage of Flyers is amazing. Jabo is best writer ever covering UD. Go online.

Last edited by ruechalgrin; 11-11-2017 at 11:33 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (11-13-2017), C-time (11-11-2017), runnerup (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 07:14 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Problem is the DDN has the worst website I've ever seen for a newspaper. It's so bad it's barely usable.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (11-13-2017), springborofan (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Problem is the DDN has the worst website I've ever seen for a newspaper. It's so bad it's barely usable.
It works fine for me. What do you not like about it?

Is it that they limit the # of articles you can view? If so you can pay or use other means to get around them knowing your IP address.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
They should printed the paper further north rather than south the last time. They lost the northern Miami Valley then because they couldn't get the paper out in time AND get late sports stories. The Daily Standard seems to be getting bigger. Put out a better product and people will buy it. Copy and paste articles from other sources, and people will just start going to the original sources.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want to offend anybody but do you all seriously still get a physical newspaper delivered? And if so why?

There is an ePaper that gives you the exact same view of the physical paper and all the stories are on the website anyway.

I can't remember the last time I touched an actual newspaper and I don't understand why anyone would need one.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:27 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I don't want to offend anybody but do you all seriously still get a physical newspaper delivered? And if so why?

There is an ePaper that gives you the exact same view of the physical paper and all the stories are on the website anyway.

I can't remember the last time I touched an actual newspaper and I don't understand why anyone would need one.

Something about sitting on the crapper with an IPAD just don't seem real sanitary day after day.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-11-2017), longtimefan (11-11-2017), UDGutter2 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute

Not only do I like to read a paper, I actually go to a shoe store to buy shoes. Old school I guess
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (11-11-2017), ud69 (11-11-2017), UDGutter2 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Something about sitting on the crapper with an IPAD just don't seem real sanitary day after day.
I knew somebody would say that. LOL

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Not only do I like to read a paper, I actually go to a shoe store to buy shoes. Old school I guess
I like to read the paper too, but I read it on my computer. I guess its just a generational thing. Newspapers better start investing in healthcare so they don't go further in the hole.

As for buying shoes or anything else I still think going to an actual store for anything other than groceries is crazy.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 10:22 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

Is it that they limit the # of articles you can view? If so you can pay or use other means to get around them knowing your IP address.
I know how to get around the 4 article limit. The layout is awful, it's extremely slow, and it's hard to find what you want. I don't live in the area anymore, so I like to go look at the HS football scores page. It's nearly impossible to navigate, and they rarely have a synopsis page with a brief rundown of all the scores. Typically only have a few articles about a couple of the bigger schools like Centerville and Wayne. And for reasons unknown mydaytondailynews.com has a slightly better presentation than www.daytondailynews.com, but still has issues. Compared to the DallasNews and other newspaper sites, it's pretty awful.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (11-12-2017), runnerup (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:26 PM

As for buying shoes or anything else I still think going to an actual store for anything other than groceries is crazy.
Are you the one who said you buy two pairs of shoes and then return the ones that don't fit. I would think you would have to go to the Post Office to return them. I'd rather go to the shoe store than the Post Office. I tried on 5 or 6 pairs of jogging shoes the last time I bought them. Same thing with golf shoes and everyday shoes. Got to make sure they fit correctly and are comfortable. I don't see how you can do that online.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Are you the one who said you buy two pairs of shoes and then return the ones that don't fit. I would think you would have to go to the Post Office to return them. I'd rather go to the shoe store than the Post Office. I tried on 5 or 6 pairs of jogging shoes the last time I bought them. Same thing with golf shoes and everyday shoes. Got to make sure they fit correctly and are comfortable. I don't see how you can do that online.
That's me! Plus by ordering online I can find the cheapest price and I never have to drive to the store in the first place.

They get delivered to my door and then once I decide which ones fit I have 30 days to return the ones I don't want. It's pretty easy to stop at a UPS store or a post office in just normal driving within 30 days to drop off a package that costs me nothing to return
Old 11-12-2017, 02:37 AM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
This is true, but somehow people get around it and hard copy newspapers are becoming a thing of the past.

But my question is this. What do people use anymore when they have a new puppy still in house training?
Old 11-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
That's me! Plus by ordering online I can find the cheapest price and I never have to drive to the store in the first place.

They get delivered to my door and then once I decide which ones fit I have 30 days to return the ones I don't want. It's pretty easy to stop at a UPS store or a post office in just normal driving within 30 days to drop off a package that costs me nothing to return
You are correct as this his how most people shop online and exactly why our once beloved Elder-Beerman is sinking fast. Two years ago I worked at Elder-Beerman's (Bon-Ton's) corporate headquarters in Moraine right when they were switching over to a more eCommerce model. EB came too late to the game. Bon-Ton built a slick state of the are distribution center in West Jefferson, Ohio in order to ship out online orders. Customers would order 3 different sizes of the same item, keep the one they liked and send back the two which they did not want at practically zero cost to them. If the returned items were once opened, due to regulations they could no longer be sold as new. Hence, EB would have to ship the items to a discount retailer and in some case clean the items first. This is why it is so hard for certain brick and mortar stores to catch up to Amazon as Amazon has greatly reduced their potential loses on items sold by having multiple distribution centers and selling their own "used" items.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (11-12-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute

C-time, seriously? Who uses the post office anymore? So 90-ish!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (11-12-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-12-2017), UD62 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 09:59 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
The Archie Miller thread gets moved and this one stays?????
Old 11-12-2017, 11:22 AM
General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
The Archie Miller thread gets moved and this one stays?????
Why the AM thread was moved is really the question. I don't care what anyone says, as a UD men's basketball fan there's at least a passing interest in especially his first games at Indiana. There's one mod here who always over mods based on his personal feelings rather than any policies. That isn't good on a message board unless it's agenda driven and I don't believe this one is.

Why aren't the threads following the players to pro leagues removed also then? Afterall, they aren't UD players anymore? BG threads were allowed to remain after he left even though you were crucified if you took a certain side to a debate about himl

Is there a point in time where AM threads will be allowed again? Like the James Carter thread that was on here a few weeks ago 70 years after he last coached the Flyers? Or is Archie Miller being erased as a part of the Flyers past as far as UD Pride is concerned?
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of BG. He won his opener at USF 60-59 over FL Atlantic.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-13-2017), TXFlyerFan (11-12-2017), UDGutter2 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
The past week, this forum has turned into one giant whinefest.
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute

Online DDN very very difficult to navigate. Click on HS sports and you get a game summary for maybe one game and no direct link to ALL scores. Eventually you find what you're looking for, but the consumer shouldn't have to be sent on a scavenger hunt.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 12:25 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's why I read it. A 6" x 4" screen does not allow you to scan around the page nearly as quickly as a piece of paper.

Online: That's a semi-interesting headline. <clicks headline> <waits 3 seconds to fully load> <screen jumps as ads load slower> <reads first sentence> < this is not what I want to read, hits back button> <10 seconds later back to original screen> <searches for where I left off scanning the page because the website took me back to the top>

Paper: That's a semi-interesting headline. <reads first sentence> <nope> <looks at next headline>

Don't tell me my internet connection is too slow. No matter how you slice it, it's faster to scan from headline to headline just by moving your eyes. When your iPad is 36" tall and 36" wide it will replace the physical paper.

Second, reading the Sunday paper is like smoking a cigar. Sit on the porch with a steaming cup of coffee and the newspaper and enjoy a slow Sunday morning before church.