User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 02:50 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Message for the jerks over at BSU and PC Boards

First to you Boise St. I go over to your board where I expect thank yous. Afterall, you all congratulated us and begged us to knock off Providence. Instead all I see is whining how that should've been you knocking off Providence. And how Dayton is just lucky to be playing "home" games. You seemed gracious and now your true colors are showing. Well it's time I show mine. The Flyers played one of their worst games against you until it was time to take what rightfully belonged to them, the game. We shouldn't have been playing in the first four and you should've. We had something close to that hangover other teams get when they find out the NCAA hosed them and they are playing in the NIT. Not quite that bad, but it was there. Not only that, but this team had the added garbage of playing their 4th game in 6 days with that hangover. The Dayton Flyers aren't some conference tournament champs from a weak conference like the Mountain West, they are team coming off an Elite eight appearance playing in the much tougher A10.

Now to you Providence. This will be less wordy. You guys are talking about how terrible you played and that Dayton played terrible, just less so. Please, go get a book on the basics of Basketball. I can tell by your nasty comments that you know what offense means. But there's another side to the game, it's called defense, and the Dayton Flyers played GREAT DEFENSE. No, this team is not from a egomania conference like the new FAUX Big East, we are just a team playing in an NCAA tournament one season removed from going farther than any team in your conference.

Both of you, need to take your blinders off and realize you just got schooled by a better team. And Friars' fans, be happy, we had enough respect for you to give you our best game, so you've got that over Boise St.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (03-21-2015), BigMacFlyer (03-21-2015), flyerfever (03-21-2015), m21eagle45 (03-21-2015), TA111 (03-21-2015)
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2015, 03:22 AM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Why not just enjoy the wins and let the vanquished deal with their emotions.
This board will not be a pretty site the next time we lose.
Just saying...
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
anthonycharles (03-21-2015), LI Flyer (03-21-2015), TerryK_67 (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 03:30 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Why not just enjoy the wins and let the vanquished deal with their emotions.
This board will not be a pretty site the next time we lose.
Just saying...
The Dayton Flyers have exceeded my expectations a long time ago. I know that if we lose(notice I said if), I will not rag on them nor the opponent and I'm guessing very few if any will either. I'm very happy, but I'm also sick of the "home game" crap. We played our 4th game in 6 days and our 5th game in 7 days plus a couple hours. That should certainly be enough to offset the "home game" advantage everyone keeps throwing in our faces.

This team deserves more respect than any other team in the country with the adversity we keep fighting with. We would've gladly taken a direct entry into the field of 64 and flew to the west coast over having an extra game and playing 3 times in 5 days close to home. Where does the home court advantage end. Would it still be a home court advantage if we play every night from here to early April?

We are coming off an elite 8 appearance and doing things more amazing than that. It's time for respect.

And with all of that said, I am still enjoying all of this.

Just saying...

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-21-2015 at 03:52 AM..
Old 03-21-2015, 04:08 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,485 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
What these fools don't realize is the following:

1. The Flyer Faithful show up EVERYWHERE. Like Archie said, if they had sent us to Pittsburgh we would have been playing in front of a Flyer-crowd. The Flyer Faithful travel.

2. Now that March Madness is underway, people are actually seeing our team. And the BSU game was ugly. This Providence game was pretty ugly early on. It's easy for these novices to think Dayton isn't very good. They are wrong, but I have no problem with them thinking that. (wink, wink). I think it helped us in this game if the team mirrored their fans thoughts -- which was basicallyPC would win by a mile.

3. Then they see no player over 6'6". 7 man rotation. 6 full scholarship players, 5 games in 8 days and they think they will run on us early. Get us into foul trouble because we will be one step behind (tired). And they will scored in the paint at will.

I got no problem with this reputation. Let them talk-away. If I knew how to encourage it, I would.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:16 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,887 Times in 644 Posts
dnutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
First to you Boise St. I go over to your board where I expect thank yous. Afterall, you all congratulated us and begged us to knock off Providence. Instead all I see is whining how that should've been you knocking off Providence. And how Dayton is just lucky to be playing "home" games. You seemed gracious and now your true colors are showing. Well it's time I show mine. The Flyers played one of their worst games against you until it was time to take what rightfully belonged to them, the game. We shouldn't have been playing in the first four and you should've. We had something close to that hangover other teams get when they find out the NCAA hosed them and they are playing in the NIT. Not quite that bad, but it was there. Not only that, but this team had the added garbage of playing their 4th game in 6 days with that hangover. The Dayton Flyers aren't some conference tournament champs from a weak conference like the Mountain West, they are team coming off an Elite eight appearance playing in the much tougher A10.

Now to you Providence. This will be less wordy. You guys are talking about how terrible you played and that Dayton played terrible, just less so. Please, go get a book on the basics of Basketball. I can tell by your nasty comments that you know what offense means. But there's another side to the game, it's called defense, and the Dayton Flyers played GREAT DEFENSE. No, this team is not from a egomania conference like the new FAUX Big East, we are just a team playing in an NCAA tournament one season removed from going farther than any team in your conference.

Both of you, need to take your blinders off and realize you just got schooled by a better team. And Friars' fans, be happy, we had enough respect for you to give you our best game, so you've got that over Boise St.
I hear ya, but I say "let it go". WE ARE UD. Follow the lead of our team and ignore the noise. Let the losers whine while the men of UD make another run deep into the tourney. We are better than that. We are better than them. All of them. That's why WE ARE, UD!!

PS: Like my mom always says, "kill them with kindness".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to dnutz77 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bob G (03-21-2015), LI Flyer (03-21-2015)